Nineteen

Two Different Worlds

Minho was standing in front of his door trying to find his key when he heard his phone ringing. When he looked at the screen and saw Onew’s name on it, he frowned and tried to find them faster, succeeding in the next minute. As soon as he opened the door, Onew appeared, with his hands on his head and his eyes wide open, looking scared.

“Hyung, is everything okay?” Minho asked, worried, and waiting for his children to show up and hug him.

“No, it isn’t!” Onew answered, breathing deeply. “Minho, does Kim Minjun mean anything to you? Does it ring a bell?”

“Oh my God, I totally forgot it! The kid who was coming to play with Soo Jin and Minki!”

“Yeah, that kid! I was about to freak out when the doorbell rang and a kid showed up and started to run through your house. I was already worried because you said you would arrive late but you didn’t come at all, and now this!”

“Sorry, I should’ve told you about the kid. And I should’ve come to sleep but things went out of control and I couldn’t come home-“ He said, interrupting himself when he saw his children lurking behind the kitchen’s door. “Hello, have you two slept well?”

Soo Jin disappeared in the kitchen and Minki started to show a frown. “We don’t talk to you.”

“Why? What happened?”

“You said you would kiss us goodnight and you didn’t.” Minki explained, still behind the door, crossing his arms. “And because of that I had a nightmare.”

“Oh really? I’m sorry!” Minho said, trying to approach his son and the boy took a step back. “Was it too scary?”

“It was. You promised!” Minki shouted, accusingly, but as soon as Minjun appeared behind him, they both disappeared in the kitchen.

Minho was feeling bad for disappointing his kids only because he couldn’t control himself and drank too much, but the feeling disappeared to be replaced by disbelief when he saw his brother appearing from the bedroom, yawning and stretching his arms.

“Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun looked at him and squinted his eyes. “Hey, Minho. Here you are.”

“What are you doing here so early in the morning?” He asked, noticing just then that his brother was wearing a pajama. He lifted an eyebrow. “Did you sleep here?”

“Yeah, can’t you see?” He said, patting Minho’s shoulder as he passed him on his way to the kitchen. “Your bed is comfortable.”

“Wait. You slept on my bed?” Minho turned around in the direction of the kitchen and continued to talk to Jonghyun’s back. “What about Onew-hyung? You let him sleep on the couch? He was the guest, not you!”

“Stop saying nonsense.” Jonghyun said, still walking to the kitchen. “We slept together.”

“WHAT?” Minho widened his eyes, looking from Jonghyun to Onew. “In my bed?”

Onew didn’t know what to say so he just smiled uncomfortably when Jonghyun finally entered the kitchen, leaving them both in the corridor, looking at each other. Slowly, Jinki began to walk to the kitchen too, trying to get past Minho but he grabbed his arm and stared at him.

“We slept in your bed.” Onew admitted. “But we didn’t do anything, I swear! We just slept-“

“Okay, hyung, you can stop now. I really don’t need to imagine what kind of thing you and my brother could do on a bed.” Minho shivered and crouched down to take off his shoes. “I need to wash up but I’ll meet you guys in the kitchen in a few minutes.”

Minho saw Onew nod and almost run to the kitchen. That was an awkward conversation. Although, not any more awkward than the conversation that we was going to have with Minki and Soo Jin, where he had to explain them that Kibum and Onew were not exactly human. He sighed and splashed his face with water from the sink, thinking about the last hours and its happenings.

Kibum was a creature from another planet and was in love with him. If Minho was being honest with himself, he was in love with him too. That’s the reason he gave him another chance. They needed to get to know each other better now that there were no lies. Deep down, Minho knew that he reason he reacted the way he did was because Kibum didn’t seem to trust him enough to tell him the truth.

Sighing, he cleaned his face with a towel and put it aside, getting out of the bathroom. On his way to the kitchen, he saw Minki and Minjun running around the place and he smiled at the boys, asking them to be quieter since he had a headache.

“Soo Jin, you need to eat first. All your breakfast is still here.” Jonghyun said, just as Minho entered the kitchen.

“I’m going to play with them!”

“Where are you going?” He asked, stopping her by putting his hand on her shoulder. “You need to eat.”

“I’m not talking to you.”

“Come on, Soo Jin, I’m sorry for not coming home, okay?” Minho almost begged but the little girl just continued waling to their room. “I’ll have you know that I talked with Key.”

Suddenly, she stopped and turned around slowly with an arched eyebrow. “Key oppa?” Minho nodded at her question. “Really? Can we see him again?”

“I’ll have to talk to him again but…” He mumbled and got on his knees, prepared for what was about to come. “Yes, you can.”

Soo Jin squealed and ran to him. “You’re the best appa in the world!”

“So now I’m the best again?”

Soo Jin blushed and stepped back. “Only because you talked with Key oppa.”

“Only because of that?”

“I think so.”

Minho laughed at her teasing and ruffled her hair, getting up. “Now, back to the kitchen. You need to finish your breakfast.”

Soo Jin happily ran to her chair on the kitchen’s table startling Jonghyun and Jinki who were chatting and exchanging food between them. Minho sat down in front of them and stared at the two for a long time until they started to feel uncomfortable. Jinki nudged Jonghyun with his shoulder and he choked on his food making Soo Jin erupt in a set of giggles. Minho told her she could leave the table since she finished her food and the girl quickly ran to the bedroom to join her brother and friend.

“So…” Minho started while Jonghyun coughed. “When were you going to tell me that your boyfriend isn’t human?”

“What? How did you know?”

“Kibum.”

“Ah, Kibum-KIBUM?” Jonghyun shouted, eyes wide. “How do you know his real name?”

“He told me everything.”

“And you’re not mad?”

Minho picked a toast and shrugged while biting it. “Not anymore.”

“Minho?” Jonghyun called, after a while of just watching his brother eat. “Did you spend the night at Kibum’s?”

The other one just nodded while he continued to eat and Jonghyun started to smile and nudge Jinki with his elbow. When Minho noticed this, he rolled his eyes at his brother’s smug smile and got up.

“No. Don’t even think about it. You two are the ones who spend the night in my bed. I refuse to listen to whatever theories you have about how I spent my night at Kibum’s house.”

**

“Kyungsoo, it better be important. Otherwise, I’ll probably kill you.” Kibum stated, rolling around on the couch, being woken up one more time by Kyungsoo for the second time that day.

“I’m telling you, it is important.” He announced with a serious face. “They managed to talk to me.”

“What? What are you saying? Who are you talking about?”

Kyungsoo sighed and forced Kibum to sit up on the couch so that he could have all of his attention.

“Professor Lee Soo Man and the others. They are trying to open the Gate to rescue us. However, it is being difficult. I think that we broke it or something when we get stuck here.”

Kibum blinked and rubbed his eyes. “What do you mean?”

“Kibum, are you even listening to what I’m saying? They’re going to open the Gate and we’ll go home.”

“What? When?”

“I don’t know.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and put his hand on the other’s shoulders to shake him. “You’re not paying any attention. They are fixing it. It can open tomorrow or it can take weeks, months, or even years, who knows?”

“No.” Kibum said, shaking his head. “No, we can’t leave yet.”

“You better prepare yourself and say your farewells, because they’re working on it and they don’t seem to be happy.”

 

Ohhh, bad news ~