Twenty

Two Different Worlds

Kibum rang the bell of Minho’s house and waited or someone to open the door. He waited and waited until he heard one of the kids yell something and suddenly the door was opened, revealing Minki beaming at him. The little one grabbed his hand before he could greet him and pulled him inside the house, leading him to the living room.

“Appa is taking a quick bath because he was late from training and Soo Jin is changing on our bedroom.”

“Oh, okay.” Kibum nodded and the boy sat beside him, snuggling on his side.

For the past two months, the four of them had been spending a lot of time together. Minho kept inviting Kibum to go see the kids’ games or his own and, although it wasn’t Kibum’s favorite past time, he was glad he could spend time with them. He still hasn’t told anyone, except Jinki, about the Gate and how they were trying to open it so they can leave. He has been having such a great time that if he told Minho he was sure everything would change. He didn’t want that. They had been so happy in the last months that it would be a shame if they waste their time worrying about the day he was leaving.

In the meantime, Kibum was trying to fulfill all of Minho and the twins’ wishes. Last weekend, they had all gone to the zoo and Soo Jin and Minki had been so happy that he couldn’t stop smiling throughout the whole week. And last night, he had finally gone to Namsan Tower with Minho. The two had had dinner in the tower’s restaurant and afterwards they went to the fence where they could put their locket. Kibum never told Minho but he kind of thought that it was a silly thing for a grown person to want to do but, in the end, it was also very cute and he was grateful for being able to experience that with Minho.

When Minho drove him home, they kissed at his front door and that time around Kibum didn’t pulled away immediately and he could tell that the human was very happy about it. They talked for a little while until Minho had to go home because of the kids and Kibum took the initiative of kissing him. He had been so surprised with himself that he quickly entered the house without saying anymore to Minho and ran to his room, hiding his face on his pillow.

Later, he received a text from Minho thanking him for the day and for going with him there. He also invited him to go ice-skating with the kids on the next day and that’s why Kibum was sitting on Minho’s couch waiting for him and his daughter.

“Key oppa!” He heard Soo Jin call from her bedroom. “Come here, please!”

“I’m coming!” Kibum yelled, getting up from the couch and walking to the room. When he opened the door, the little girl was standing in front of her bed, looking at it. “Soo Jin? Is everything alright?”

“Oppa, I don’t know what to wear.”

“And you’re asking me? I really don’t know, sweetie.”

She turned to him, with a pout. “I want something warm since we’re going to be on ice…”

“Maybe this one?” He wondered, grabbing the jacket. “I think this is warm enough.”

“That one is good! Thank you, Key oppa!” She threw her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss on the cheeks, running to the living room, leaving him alone.

Kibum stood up to join the two on the couch when the bathroom’s door opened and Minho appeared from the inside, only with his pants on and a towel hanging from his neck. He seemed to be a little flustered for seeing him there and Kibum could feel his cheeks getting warm.

“I forgot my shirt.” Minho explained staring at Kibum without moving. “In my room.

“Okay, I-“ Kibum stuttered on his words, trying to look everywhere but Minho’s chest. “I’m going to wait with the kids. In the living room.”

“Yeah, okay. Do that. I’ll join you in a minute.” Minho nodded at the end of every sentence, trying to smile. When Kibum began to walk and tried to pass by, he took a step to the side, blocking the way. “Hi.”

“You’re greeting me now?” He asked, laughing.

Minho pulled Kibum to him and grinned. “Isn’t this a good time as any?”

“No.” He quickly denied, pushing Minho’s face away from his. “You need to get dressed and your children can appear at any time.”

“Do you think they never saw me like this? In fact, they saw me with much less.”

At that statement, Kibum’s eyes widened and his cheeks got even warmer. He looked at the side and closed his eyes, pushing Minho away from him. When he realized, he wasn’t being successful, he stared at Minho until he started to laugh and left a kiss on Kibum’s forehead.

“What are you doing?” Minki asked, surprised.

“Are you making babies? Are we going to have a brother or sister?” Soo Jin appeared behind her brother, her eyes shining in expectation.

“What?” Key yelled, really surprised. “No one’s going to have a brother nor a sister!”

“But we learnt in school that when two people love each other-“

“Okay, this conversation ends here!” Minho interrupted passing the towel on his hair and starting to walk to his room. “You three wait in the living room. I’m going to find a shirt and then we can go.”

Kibum led the two of them to where they had been minutes ago and the three sat on the couch again. Soo Jin and Minki were still throwing questions at him regarding what they saw in the hallway. He tried his best to dodge those questions because he really didn’t feel comfortable answering them since he didn’t even know the answer to some. Thankfully, Minho was quick in finding a shirt and a jacket to wear and before he knew he was already being pulled from the couch in direction of the front door so that they could get to Minho’s car and drive to the Ice-Skating Rink.

In no time, Minho was parking the car and the kids were running in front of them to the ring. Kibum felt his hand being grabbed and looked down at it, watching how Minho’s fingers intertwined with his. He smiled, staring at their both hands and then at Minho, who was following his kids’ every moment.

“Soo Jin, wait! You can’t go wearing those shoes!” He yelled, making the girl look back at him. “Can you go sit with them while I get the ice skates?”

Kibum nodded and reluctantly let go of Minho’s hand and walked to where Soo Jin and Minki were waiting. The both of them couldn’t stand still and were running and jumping around. Kibum really don’t where Minho got the idea that they were too afraid to do this. They seemed to be really excited and it making Kibum also feel excited like them.

Suddenly there was a weight on his lap and he was brought from his thoughts abruptly. Soo Jin was looking up at him, beaming and clapping her hands. “I’m so happy that you came with us today, Key oppa. You really like us and our appa, don’t you?”

“I do.” Kibum smiled, sincerely. “I really do.”

“Does it mean that you’re also our appa now?” Minki asked, truly curious.

The question sent Kibum in a cough fit and the kids stared at him, worried, until they saw their father standing beside the other, patting his back caringly till he was able to calm down again. Kibum leaned his head on Minho’s side and the coach placed his hand on Kibum’s nape, rubbing it.

“Kiddo, don’t be too curious, okay? That’s something Kibum and I need to talk about. But only us two.” Minho lightly scolded, knowing that his children meant no harm. He shook the ice skates in his hand and they jumped trying to catch them, forgetting all about the earlier conversation. “Come on, you two, sit down next to Kibum and I’ll help you put them on.”

Soo Jin refused to leave Kibum’s lap and while her father helped Minki, she turned to him again. “Do you like Key or Kibum more? What about those horns you had the other day? Are they still in your head? Is that why you use-“

“Soo Jin.”

“No, it’s okay.” Kibum reassured Minho, smiling at him and then at the little girl on his lap. “I would like it if you call me Kibum oppa more. And the horns… It’s a secret, okay?”

“Oh, oh, I love secrets! I’ll keep yours too, Kibum oppa.”

“Great!” Minho interrupted, squeezing her cheek. “Now look at me so that I can put these on you.”

The girl stilled in Kibum’s lap and waited for her father to finish putting the shoes on her. When he was done, he picked her up and sat her down besides Minki, so that he could also sit on the bench and wear the ice skates. When all of them were ready, Minho and Kibum helped the twins to walk to the ring.

“Appa, you won’t let go of my hand, right?”

“Of course not, Minki. Stay calm, okay?” Minho rubbed his hand with his thumb. “You won’t fall.”

While Minki was still having trouble standing on ice, his twin sister was already pulling Kibum by the hand in the middle of the ring.

“Yah, yah, Soo Jin, calm down.” Kibum shouted, while he continued to being pulled by the laughing girl. “We’re going too fast! We’re going to fall.”

Soo Jin seemed to pay no mind to him as she continued to slide around in the ring with her hand tightly grabbing Kibum’s. “This is so funny.”

“Soo Jin, please, can we slow down a bit? I’m getting dizzy.”

When the duo passed through Minho and Minki who were still at the same place, the girl slowed down until she stopped and got back to where her father and Minki were. Kibum was so thankful that he leaned against the solid surface and sighed, closing his eyes.

“Soo, why don’t you teach your brother?” Minho suggested making the both of them widened their eyes for different reasons. “But take it easy, okay? I don’t want your brother crying.”

“I promise, appa.”

Minho stared at them as Soo Jin grabbed Minki’s both hands and pulled him forward just a little bit. She was being extremely cautious with her brother since she knew he was truly afraid and Minho had a feeling that by the time they needed to go home, the two of them would be already sliding through the ice together.

“Are you sure it’s safe to let her be with him?”

Minho turned back to Kibum and slide to where he was, standing in front of him. “Positive. She’s good with him.”

“I thought I was going to die out there.” Kibum pondered while grabbing Minho’s jacket and pulling him nearer. “Are you happy?”

Minho nodded once and closed the gap between them, letting his lips fall on top of Kibum’s. “Very.” He murmured, against his lips, smiling.

Kibum pulled again, embarrassed, and was about to say something when his face whole turned into a frown. He squinted his eyes for so long that Minho had to look behind him to understand what caught Kibum’s attention. But the only thing he saw were two people on the floor trying to get up without succeeding.

When he turned back to Kibum, the last started to laugh, leaning on Minho for support. “Isn’t that…”

“What?”

“Your brother!”

Minho furrowed his eyebrows. “What’s with my brother?”

“Isn’t that your brother and Jinki?” Kibum spluttered the question, still laughing. “On the ground!”

Once again, Minho looked over his shoulder to the people on the ground and confirmed Kibum’s words. It was really Jonghyun and Jinki although Jonghyun was already up trying to help Jinki get up. Minho chuckled and turned to Kibum, pulling him against his body, settling his hand on his hips.

“Go call them. I’ll stay here with the kids.”

“Okay.” Kibum agreed, pecked Minho’s lips and slid across the rink to get to the other two before the human could say another word. He could feel his cheeks heat up but ignored it and called for Jinki’s name. “Jinki!”

“Kibum? What are you doing here?”

“I’m here with Minho and the kids.”

Jonghyun pulled Jinki’s hand and with Kibum’s help they manage to get the other one up again. “Oh, so you are with my brother.”

“Can we stay with you?”

“Jinki, they’re probably on a date.” Jonghyun scolded, grabbing the other’s waist to keep him steady. “Let them be.”

“No one’s on a date.”

“See?” Jinki elbowed Jonghyun making him flinch and whine. “I was right. We can spend time with them.”

Kibum rolled his eyes and cleared his throat. “Oh, come on, you two! Minho is waiting.”

“Oh, Minho is waiting.” Jonghyun snickered, imitating Kibum’s voice.

Jinki also joined in laughter and continued to tease the other demon. “Yeah, we can’t leave him waiting like this.”

“My poor Minho.”

“Will you two just shut up and come with me?” He asked exasperated, turning around and starting to head to where the other three were.

Kibum knew that they were following him and skated faster, reaching Minho from behind and wrapping his arms around him, resting his chin on Minho’s shoulder. The human hummed and settled his hand on top of Kibum’s, turning his head back and kissing his nose.