Fifteen

Two Different Worlds

Going to the movies with Jinki turned out to be very difficult for Jonghyun. He couldn’t concentrate in what was happening in front of him because he could only look at the one who was by his side. Jinki, on the other hand, seemed to be completely focused on the movie since his eyes were glued to the big screen. He kept grabbing or hitting Jonghyun’s arm according to the scene.

At the end of the first half, during the break, Jinki looked at him. “Jonghyun, you’re not paying much attention to the movie, are you?”

“Hm?” Jonghyun said, not really listening to him. “What? I’m sorry.”

“You’re not really paying attention to anything.” He sighed, turning to the side to look directly at Jonghyun. “Not enjoying the movie?”

“No! It’s not that.”

Jinki looked confused. “Then what is it?”

"The truth is…” Jonghyun started and felt his cheeks instantly getting warmer. He looked everywhere except Jinki, afraid of what the reaction might be. How to tell him that he had no idea what the movie was about because he was busy looking at him? “Well… I was kind of distracted.”

“By what?”

Jonghyun cleared his throat and glanced at Jinki. “You.”

“Me? Me, what?”

“I was distracted by you. I keep looking at you. I don’t want to watch the movie. I just want to look at you!” He said, frustrated, attracting a few looks. The human sighed and waited for an answer from Jinki, that didn’t come since he was too shocked. “Look, I’m sorry. This was awkward. Let’s just forget it, okay?”

Jinki nodded, still not talking, and adjusted himself on his chair to be seated properly. When the lights went out for the second time, Jinki lifted the armrest and moved closer to Jonghyun, leaning his side into the human’s, also taking his hand, grabbing it with his own.

Before Jonghyun could ask him what he was doing, he smiled at him. “Perhaps like this you can be more focused on the movie?”

“What? What are you-”

“Be quiet, it’s starting again.” He shushed, scolding Jonghyun. “Besides, it’s way nicer than to be there.”

The human gulped and adjusted himself on his seat, trying not to bother Jinki while moving. The rest of the movie was spent trying to focus on the plot but it proved to be very difficult because Jonghyun was super conscious of himself and how his heart was racing in his chest while Jinki rubbed his tomb on the back of his hand, apparently unaware. Every part of his body that was in contact with Jinki’s was burning and he kept on chastising himself for behaving like a teenager in love. Why was he reacting like this? It was a mystery to Jonghyun.

When the movie reached its end, Jonghyun and Jinki left the theater still hand in hand.

“Do you want to go somewhere?”

Jinki shook his head and stepped closer to the other. “No, I need to go home since it’s late.”

“Kibum has a curfew on you?”

The demon laughed at Jonghyun’s pout and squeezed his hand. “No, he hasn’t. But I’m tired and in need of a good night of sleep.”

“Alright, alright.”

The both of them walked to Jonghyun’s car never letting go of each other’s hands. The ride back to Jinki’s house was short and, in no time, Jonghyun stopped his car and turned to the other. Jinki smiled and leaned in, bumping their noses and foreheads, closing his eyes. Jonghyun pursed his lips and let them fall on Onew’s, starting a long lasting kiss.

“I had a great time tonight.” Jinki said, eyes still closed. “Thank you.”

Jonghyun chuckled and pecked his lips, once again. “Please, don’t thank me. I’m more than happy to do it again since you’ve enjoyed it.”

“We really should. I mean, do it again.”

“Of course.” The human agreed, laughing. “Now go. I’m sure Kibum is waiting up for you.”

“I don’t think so but I really need to go.”

Jonghyun nodded and leaned back into his seat but Jinki remained in his position looking at him. He then smiled and opened the car’s door, getting out and closed it behind him, running to the entry. When he got to the door, Jinki looked back and waved at Jonghyun, who was still in the same place, and only when the car started to move, did he put his key on the lock and entered his house.

Still smiling, Jinki walked to his room, passing through a sleeping Kyungsoo. On his way, he noticed that the lights were still on in Kibum’s room, so instead of going straight to bed, Jinki decided to pay him a visit. He knocked on the door and opened it.

“You’re still up?”

Kibum looked up from his book and yawned. “I was reading. And waiting for you, to be honest.” He chuckled and placed the book on the table. “How did it go?”

“We went to see a movie.” Jinki told, closing the door behind him and walking to the bed, sitting on it. “It was fun.”

“Good. And with the twins?”

“They were surprisingly easy tonight.” Jinki laughed and lay back next to Kibum. “I think promised them something because they were so well behaved.”

“Did you… did you see him?”

Jinki smiled, smugly. “Do you want to know how Minho was?”

“What? No! I just wanted to know if you have saw him.”

“Kibum.” He called, making the other stop moving around and look at him. “Do you like Minho?”

“No!”

“Kibum-“

“We’re demons, Jinki.” He interrupted, sighing and looked at the side. “We don’t harbor those type of feelings.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I am.” He said, with finality in his voice, pushing the bed covers aside so that he could slide in. “You should go to sleep. That’s what I’m going to do.”

Jinki sighed and held Kibum’s arm when he prepared to turn off the light. “You’re wrong.”

“What? What are you talking about?”

“You’re wrong about us not feeling anything.”

Kibum lifted an eyebrow and sat straight on the bed. “Yeah? And why is that?”

“Because I like him.” Jinki confessed, in all seriousness. “I like Jonghyun. I think I’m falling in love with him.”

 

This one's a little smaller than usual, I hope you don't mind!

Jongyu are still going strong and it's not one sided, as you can see. Jinki is sure of his feelings.

On the other hand, Kibum doens't think they can have feelings like humans do. But there's someone who's going to prove him wrong!

As always, thank you all for subscribing, reading and commenting <3