Six

Two Different Worlds

Key cleaned the plates and walked to the living-room a little worried because he didn't heard the kids for a while. He was really surprised when he saw Soo Jin and Minki sitting on the couch, watching TV. They were very quiet. Jinki must have been crazy when he said that it was hard to take care of them. Honestly, it was pretty easy.

“Hey!” Key said, smiling at them. “Can I join you?”

“Yes!” Minki nodded, still focused on television.

“Key oppa!” Soo Jin yelled, looking at him. “Can you please sit in the middle of us? We’re afraid of the rain outside.”

“Sure. You could have called me if you were afraid.” He said, sitting both of them on his lap, making them giggle. “So, what are you watching?”

Before the kids had time to answer, they heard a loud thunder, what make them shiver. When Kibum looked at them, Minki was with his eyes wide open and Soo Jin was about to cry. Not knowing what to do, the older one decided it was time to make them laugh. He grabbed the remote and changed to a music channel. When he noticed that it was a girl group performing, he thought that that was the best way to entertain the children.

“Soo Jin! Do you like music?” Key asked, seeing the little girl nod. “And do you like Secret’s Madonna?”

This time he didn’t wait for the answer, getting up and starting to dance. In a few seconds, the kids were laughing and clapping, excited.

“Key hyung, you dance better than these girls!” Minki said, getting up and trying to dance too.

Kibum was proud of himself. The kids weren’t paying attention at the storm outside and they seemed to be having fun. Soo Jin was already singing along with Secret and no one could tell that she was about to cry one minute before. The older one was about to give up and sit when he saw Minho, totally soaked, staring at him from the room’s doorway.

“Yah!” He screamed, shocked. “How long have you been there?”

“Long enough to watch your show. You’re pretty good, have you ever thought about joining a girls’ group?” Minho , still in the same place.

“Why are you here? Weren’t you supposed to arrive late?” Kibum asked, embarrassed, ignoring the question.

“The game was cancelled because of the weather.”

“Appa, you’re going to catch a cold! Look at your clothes!” Minki said, worried.

Soo Jin was behind him, still singing.

Minho was about to say that he was going to the bedroom to change, when suddenly the lights went out. At first, they all stayed in silence, waiting but then a loud thunder was heard and the kids sobbed and ran to Minho’s bedroom. Minho started to follow them but turned around when he noticed that Key wasn’t behind him.

“Key?”

“H-hm?”

“Why aren’t you coming? They’re scared. And when they’re scared they run to my bedroom. It happens since always, so I need to go there and hug them.”

“G-go. I’m afraid of the dark.”

“You’re what?” Minho laughed, walking toward Key and grabbing his arm. “Come on. I need to calm down the kids and I can’t let you here if you’re afraid too. How old are you? Three?”

“I can’t control it, okay? I got paralyzed!”

Minho guided them through the dark with Key holding his arm tightly with one hand and the other closed in a fist holding his wet shirt. They entered the room and Minho called Soo Jin and Minki, while Key ran to the bed so he could cover his head with a pillow and just open his eyes when the light was back. Minho heard Minki’s voice saying “ouch!” when Key probably stepped on him, which meant that he had the kids next to him. Maybe he could take the opportunity to change his clothes. He was getting cold.

“Are you with the kids?” He asked to make sure. Once Key growled something like ‘yes’, Minho nodded to himself and took his shirt off, trying to find the drawer. Though, when he finally found a shirt, someone flew from under the bed, pulling him, what made him fall on the bed.

“Sorry, appa.” Soo Jin said, snuggling up to him while he was still pulling himself up so that his body was fully on the bed. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Don’t worry, baby.” Minho said, kissing her head.

At that moment, he remembered that Key was next to him.

“Appa! I’m almost falling!” Soo Jin said when Minho approached her. “Can you move a little?”

Minho moved a little closer to Kibum, feeling uncomfortable. Or too comfortable to admit it. Minho waited for Soo Jin to say that she was still on the edge of the bed, so he relaxed when she remained quiet. However, just as he was about to sigh in relief, he heard Minki complaining again.

“Key-hyung, my arm is hurting, I need to move. Can you give me some space?”

“Hum I… No. No, I can’t. If I move, I’ll end on top of your father. I mean… there is no space between us. I can’t move.”

Minho began to feel hot and he was sure he was blushing. He closed his eyes and tried to calm down, hoping for the light to come back. The darkness must have been clouding his mind, because the only thing he could feel at that moment was the presence of Key, dangerously next to him. He tried to focus on the words his son was saying but he only could hear the beating of his heart.

He was about to say that he would go to the living room to pick a candle or a flashlight when he felt a hand on his arm. He didn’t have time to talk because when he was able to form a sentence in his head, a body was lying almost on top of him. And it was too heavy to be one of his kids. When Key tangled their legs, Minho thought of pushing him, just to realize that he couldn’t move.

“Sorry, but Minki was about to cry because of his arm. I asked why couldn’t be one of them, but they said that you would get angry so… I hope you don’t mind.” Key said, laughing, covering the other’s torso with his hands. “Why are you shirtless by the way?”

Minho tried to breathe deeply, but Key didn’t stop moving, which didn’t help.

“Your pants are soaked; you’re going to catch a cold.” Key said, putting his hand on the other’s pants, too close to the zipper.

“YAH!” Minho said, sitting in the bed with wide eyes. “What are you doing?”

“Nothing? Hum? I don’t know.” Key said, confused, sitting on his knees, not knowing what he had done wrong. He opened his mouth to ask what happened when, finally, the light came back.

Key looked around, seeing the kids covering their mouths with their hands, giggling. In fact, they had lots of space because the bed was really big. When Minho got up, Soo Jin and Minki ran to the living-room, laughing, leaving them alone.

“You really need to change clothes.” Key said, sitting in the bed and looking at Minho, who was resting his head on his hands.

“Were you crazy?”

“Me? Why?” Key asked, confused. He thought he was missing some point when Minho frowned. 

“Yes, you! You were doing all those things and…” Minho stopped when he noticed that the other man had no clue about what he was talking about. “Forget it. Can you go to the living-room to see what the kids are doing? I need to change.”

“Yeah, of course.” The blond got up and leaved the room, just to come back in the same second. “Hum, Minho?”

“Yes?”

“Do you remember that DVD from earlier?” He asked, seeing Minho nodding. “Maybe we could watch it when you come to the living room? There’s nothing to watch on TV and the kids must be bored.”

Key didn’t have an answer because Minho widened his eyes and began to cough really hard, sitting on the floor. Not knowing what to do, Key ran to the kitchen to bring him a glass of water. What was wrong with him?

**

Jonghyun was still grinning when he Onew’s house street. After all, it wasn’t a bad thing that Key replaced him in taking care of the kids. It earned him an excuse to spend time with Onew and if his nephews did what he told them to do, Minho and Key would also be having a good time. Of course, his brother would have to go to the game but Jonghyun was going to do his best to extend his stay at their house so that Key would stay a little more at Minho’s house; preferably with the coach there.

Since it has been a long time since Minho demonstrated some kind of interest in someone, Jonghyun decided to help by telling Minki and Soo Jin to try to put his father and Key to do things together while the two were at the house. They seemed thrilled with the idea.

When started to rain with more intensity, Jonghyun was already reaching the house, according to the address, and ran a few more steps before entering the building and walked up the stairs. After he was sure that the number that Key gave him was the one on the door, he knocked with his free hand, since the other was holding a plastic bag with the soup, and waited.

It felt like an hour had passed until the door was opened. From behind the dark wood, Onew appeared with half open eyes, disheveled hair and a pink blanket around his frame. He looked like he had just woke up and Jonghyun found it one of the most adorable sights ever. It would stand alone on the top if only Jonghyun had never seen his nephews wake up.

When Onew realized who was at the door, he let his blanket fall on the floor and suddenly all the signs of sleep were cleared. “What are you doing here? Where’s Key?”

“I brought soup!” Jonghyun said, at the same time, with a big smile. One that fell when he heard the other’s words. “But… didn’t he tell you that I was coming?”

“Oh, right! Because of the soup!” He suddenly remembered and took a step back to let Jonghyun in. “Sorry, I kind of forgot but come on in.”

“How could you forget? It’s not like a long time passed since you talked with him.”

“Yeah but I thought he was joking when he told me you would come.”

“Why?”

Onew shrugged and walked into the living room. “I don’t know, I just thought.” He turned back to Jonghyun while sitting on the floor and grinned. “Shall we eat?”

Here I am with another chapter. This one had to come a little latter, I'm sorry.

There's some more Minkey development, all thanks to the twins. Expect more from them! Jonghyun is going to take care of his beloved Onew but let's see if everything goes as expected.

As always, thanks for subscribing, reading and commenting! Until next week :)