'Mianhe ~~~~~...'

Your Artificial Heart

 

You were sitting on the couch with Onew’s arm around you, watching Jonghyun and Minho flex their muscles.  Although Jonghyun was significantly weaker than Minho, he wore a proud face. You heard the door slam open. Everyone’s head turned to the hallway. Key stormed in cursing loudly, “Stupid piece of crap.” He threw down his jacket and looked at everyone with fury in his eyes.

Jonghyun got up and put his hands on Key’s shoulders, effectively holding him in one spot, “Key, what happened?” Jonghyun asked, searching for Key’s eyes. Key violently tried to shake Jonghyun off, but Key was weaker, even in his rage.

“That thing! That thing that took over Junsu!” He exclaimed.

You started to shake your head and stood up, slowly walking towards him. You could see how bad it was for Junsu, but Key was so confident, and he was a vampire. For him to be possessed must have been pretty hard. You couldn’t imagine how he felt, “Key. It’s okay, it’s okay.” You said guiding him to the couch, rubbing his arm, “Key, calm down. Tell us what happened.”

He met eyes with you for a second before sighing, “As I said before, it was the same thing that took over Junsu. I could feel it. It took away my vision and I couldn’t move. It seemed familiar though, like I knew who it was.” He put his head in his hands, “Thank God I broke out of it.”

Taemin got up with a look of surprise, “How did you do it?”

“I dunno,” Key shrugged. Taemin crossed his skinny arms and gave Key an “Is that it?” look. Key smiled his brothers’ intrigue, “I just concentrated all my energy on getting it out, and it just left. I can give you the memory if you want.”

Taemin’s eyes lit up, “Really? You haven’t done that in almost a hundred years for me.”

“Well, do you want it or not?” Key asked trying not to laugh at Taemin’s actions.

Taemin stopped jumping around and sat on the couch beside Key, “Jebal. Jebal!” He shouted.

“Araseo.” Key said. He put his fingers gently on Taemin’s temples and closed his eyes.

You turned to Onew, “Does he have to be in contact with the person for his power to work?” You whispered, fearing that if you sent a thought to him, you might interrupt Key.

Onew shook his head, still looking at his brothers. Even though he tried to hide it, you could see he was proud by the light in his eyes, “It helps to convey feelings and sensations better than if he’s not in contact though.” He turned his head, “It makes it more concrete, so to say.”

You swayed your head to the side to see that Key had sat back beside you, rubbing his eyes, while Taemin had his eyes closed, observing his new “memory”.

He squinted, then slowly opened his eyes, “Hey Key hyung, you gave me a little something extra.” Taemin said. He puckered his lips making kissing sounds, “Key hyung and Amber sitting in a tree~” He sang.

“You little…” Key quickly closed his eyes, “YAH, let me take it back.” He yelled angrily.

“Come on, yo!” Taemin teased, gesturing for Key to come fight. Key ran at Taemin, but he was gone. Key disappeared a second later. You heard laughter coming from one side of you, then the other.

You laughed and sighed, ‘Will they ever grow up?’ You sent to the three brothers in the room. ‘You figure after a century and a half they’d be more mature.’ Minho and Jonghyun looked at you, then each other and burst out laughing.

--

After Taemin and Key had settled down, Key’s phone rang. He answered it warily, “Yoboseyo. Hi Amber… Yeah, I’m feeling better… Mhmm… Okay, thanks. I’ll see you then, bye.” He hung up and looked around, “What?” Taemin was going to start making fun of Key again, but thought better of it when Key gave him a death glare.

--

Onew made you dinner as Jonghyun, Key, and Minho spaced out in front of the T.V. Taemin popped up beside you at the table, “Can I have some rice?” He asked, looking at Onew who was facing the stove. You silently giggled and pushed your plate to him. He took a third of your rice then skipped into the living room with puffed-out cheeks. You noticed something on the back of Taemin’s neck, “Taemin-ah, come here.” He stopped and turned back, “Come here.” He walked slowly toward you. You pointed to the black and gray veins that were becoming visible on his small neck, “What is that?” He looked down awkwardly and quickly pulled his shirt up to cover it. He looked at you with pleading eyes, ‘Not so loud! Don’t tell my hyungs. Please.’

But Onew had already turned around, hearing your not-so-silent exchange, “What’s what?” Taemin looked a little guilty, but otherwise, he looked angry with you, ‘Why did I speak out loud? Babo, I should have just sent it to him…’ Onew looked from Taemin to you, “Taemin, what happened?” Taemin looked down as he exposed his neck. Onew’s face turned from pleasant to furious in a split second, “You haven’t been feeding? At all? Not even blood?”

Taemin shook his head quickly, “But I have been eating rice and chicken.” He added in almost a whisper.

“TAEMIN.” Onew shouted slamming his hand into the wall, “You know that isn’t enough.”

The three in the living room came in slowly, “What happened?” Minho asked, obviously very concerned about the way Onew was acting. As soon as the three middle brothers saw the dark veins on Taemin’s neck, they rushed towards him.

“Taemin, wae?” Jonghyun asked, almost pleadingly.

Minho gently touched one of them, “Taemin-ah… stop doing this.”

“You have to feed,” Key said, “It would be better if you feed on a soul.”

“I hate doing that! I hate feeding! I hate that I can’t live unless I kill. I won’t do it anymore.” Taemin yelled.

“You’ll die if you stop feeding. I can tell you’re already weak.” Minho said, still touching one of the veins.

“You don’t have to kill, you know. You can control it if you’re around humans all day everyday. It helps to have a willing donor.”

Everyone’s gazed shifted to you. You felt awkward and started to shy away from their glares.  “No way, I’m not putting her through that.” Taemin said.

You put your fears aside, “Taemin it’s alright, you can. You obviously need to feed.” ‘I don’t have to kiss him though, do I? Cause I’d feel like a e…’ You sent to Onew.

He almost laughed out loud then sent, ‘No, as long as he can touch your skin with his mouth, he’ll be fine. He can use your arm.’ You half nodded and put your arm out.

“Are you sure?” Taemin asked. It was almost the same as when you first found out that Onew and his brothers. You did the exact same thing you did then, you nodded and stuck your arm out further.

Taemin gently grasped your hand, turned your arm over and put his lips against it, “Taemin, blood and soul.” Key said.

Taemin looked up at you. You nodded for the third time, getting impatient, ‘Go, before I change my mind.’ You said half serious.

Onew came over and took your other hand, caressing and squeezing it to reassure you. You squeezed Onew’s hand in pain when Taemin bit into your arm. He did what Key said, despite his fear that he wouldn’t be able to control himself.

**Taemin’s Point Of View**

I can’t believe my hyungs made me do this! I hate feeding… But hey, at least she doesn’t taste bad. Hey, what’s up with my vision? Why am I thinking of Key’s memory now? Oh no… That isn’t Key’s memory… It’s about to be mine.

--

You felt Taemin becoming more frenzied at your arm, “Ow… Onew, he’s hurting me…” You said, squeezing your eyes shut in pain, “OW. Taemin, stop!”

“Taemin!” Jonghyun yelled. The three middle brothers went over to Taemin, Minho and Key looking at Taemin’s face, which could hardly be seen, and Jonghyun trying to pull Taemin off of you.

“No! Jonghyun, don’t, it hurts…” You almost shrieked when Taemin clamped down even harder. You could feel yourself getting weaker quicker than you should have. Even after only one experience with psychic vampires, you knew that you shouldn’t be draining so fast. You reached out with a shaky arm and touched Taemin’s soft hair. You recoiled as much as your weak body would let you and tried to gasp, ‘He’s possessed.’ You sent to the four brothers. You weren’t sure if they heard you, but they kept trying to get a look at Taemin’s face to see if he had the same blank stare as Junsu and Key.

Taemin suddenly weakened his hold on you, ‘Mianhe ~~~~~…’ His sentence was concluded with an even harder clamp down on your arm. You tried to speak or scream or something, but instead passed out.

~~

Sorry for the short chapters and any mistakes XD Thanks for the comments and subscribes <3