“I… I don’t know… I thought… Nevermind.”

Your Artificial Heart

 

You arrived at a huge school to see kids pouring out the front doors. You went to open your door when you noticed that Onew was standing with your door already open and an amused smile on his face. You stepped out with a scolding look on your face, “You’re not supposed to use your powers in a place so public. What if someone exposes you?” You crossed your arms as he rolled his eyes.

“Whatever, they’re just kids. If they tell anyone, they’ll probably think it’s just their imagination.” He said, shrugging.

You shook your head and started to search for Taemin in the mass of children. You looked and looked, but couldn’t seem to find him. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw a glowing light. You turned to see Taemin waving a small fire just above his head. You put your hand over your mouth, ‘Taemin, put that out, right now!’ You sent loudly.

He gave you a look that said, “Calm down, woman.” And sent, ‘So Onew hyung can do it but I can’t? It’s cause he’s your boyfriend.’ He blew you a kiss and skipped over.

You rolled your eyes and turned to see Onew talking to a boy your age. You squinted to see that it was Yunho and he had an amazed expression on his face; mouth forming an “o” and eyes as wide as plates, ‘What’s up with him?’ You looked to Taemin to see he had on a straight face, but when he met your eyes, you saw a glint of fear.

You decided against walking over and sent Onew a quick thought, ‘What’s happening?’

He didn’t respond so you grabbed Taemin’s hand and paused, waiting for something to explode, then hesitantly walked over, “But… I know what I saw. Are you sure there was no fire? Cause I’m pretty sure I saw a fire.” Yunho said, nodding as if trying to reassure himself, “And you… I saw you on the driver’s side, and then you were on the passenger’s side, in less than a second… You were fast…”

Onew rubbed his neck, “I didn’t see anything, and I was just-.”

“Yunho.” You interrupted, squeezing Onew’s arm, indicating that you would take over, “Why are you here?”

Yunho shifted his eyes to you, “I… I don’t know… I thought… Nevermind.”

“YUNHO OPPA~” someone squealed. A little girl, younger than Taemin (by about a hundred and forty years), ran over to Yunho and hugged his leg.

Yunho snapped out of his daze, blinking a couple times, and looked at the little girl, “Ji Hye.” He said, ruffling her hair. You mentally slapped yourself, ‘How could I forget Yunho has a little sister?

“Yunho oppa, who’s that?” Ji Hye asked, pointing to Onew.

Yunho bent down, “That’s ~~~~~,” he pointed to you.

Ji Hye made an exasperated noise, “I know ~~~~~ unnie.”

Yunho put his hands up, “Okay, okay. That’s Onew, and that’s Taemin.” He said pointing at them respectfully.

After a moment of awkward silence, Taemin started blushing. He started tugging on your shirt, ‘Come on, can we go?’ he sent to you and Onew. You looked at him amused.

“~~~~~, how come you didn’t come to school today?” Yunho asked, tilting his head, “Come to think of it, you weren’t at school either.” Yunho stated, looking at Onew.

You looked at Onew with a painted smile on your face, but questioning eyes, “I wasn’t feeling good this morning, so Onew offered to take care of me.”

“Oh… Well alright then. We better get going, I have to study.” He said with a scowl, “Second week back and I have a major test.”

You smiled and nodded as he walked away, “Bye Yunho, bye Ji Hye! See you at school!” You waved until they were out of sight, then spun and looked at Onew, “What happened?”

His eyes were open but he didn’t seem to be looking at anything, and his mouth was slightly open. You feared he was possessed and touched his arm. You didn’t feel the same shock you felt when Taemin was possessed and you definitely didn’t sense anything like you did with Junsu. You blew air out of your cheeks and grabbed his hand.

Onew finally blinked and took a breath, “He knows.” He swallowed and looked toward you, then Taemin, “He saw us.”

--

The drive home was fairly silent, but when Onew pulled into his garage, he started talking, “How could we’ve let him see? Why were we so stupid? Babo, babo, babo.” He repeated, slapping his forehead.

“Onew hyung,” Taemin said from the backseat, “it was me too. It’s not your fault, it’s mine. Mianhe, I shouldn’t have used my powers in public.”

You grabbed Onew’s hand again and squeezed it since he was blocking his thoughts and you didn’t think talking would do any good. He got out of the car, and this time, walked over to your door and opened it. He opened Taemin’s door then, holding out his hands to both of you, meeting your eyes first, then Taemin’s. When both of you had grabbed his hands, Taemin sniffled, “You know we’ll have to tell them.” He said, obviously scared. Onew smiled slightly, “Don’t worry, we can ask Key to wipe the memory.” The three of you walked inside hand-in-hand to face the three middle brothers.

--

You sat down beside Onew and sat Taemin down on your other side, so you could comfort them or give them courage if they needed it, ‘Guys, come in here.’ Onew sent openly. You already knew, so he didn’t bother blocking you.

“What is it now?” Key said. He was massaging Jonghyun’s shoulders as Minho followed, looking a little disappointed that he wasn’t getting one. They sat down and looked over.

“Uh.” Onew cleared his throat, “Today, Taemin and I…” he trailed off.

Taemin sighed, “Today, Onew hyung and I were using our powers carelessly and ~~~~~’s friend, Yunho saw us.”

The three middle brothers sat still for a moment, then Key looked back and forth from Taemin to Onew, “That’s it?” Onew nodded guiltily. Jonghyun and Minho giggled to each other while Key shook his head, “Seriously? I can deal with that in a second.”

You looked to Onew who was embarrassed, then looked down to find Taemin laughing.

They sure are a weird family.’ You thought, looking from your boyfriend to his four younger brothers.

After they finished laughing, you decided to go home. Key walked out of the living room towards the kitchen the same way he came in; massaging Jonghyun’s shoulders. Jonghyun started shaking his leg like a dog, “Jonghyun, you’re not a werewolf.” You said with a laugh.

Jonghyun stopped, slightly blushing, while Minho gasped, “Don’t ever joke about werewolves.” He said, while Key nodded in agreement, “They are beasts.”

You laughed nervously and walked towards the door. Onew got up and followed you, “You’ll need a ride.” He said hopefully.

You smiled and shook your head, “I can just take the bus, its not late. I have to stop by Amber’s house anyway to get my homework.”

He sighed, “Fine.”

You remembered something, “Oh, Taemin!” You called. He turned to you, “Why were you blushing today?”

His eyes widened as he jumped up and covered your mouth, “SHHH.”

‘Tell me, please?’ You sent as you batted your eyelashes.

He rolled his eyes, ‘Ji Hye was thinking really loud today, and she thought I was cute.’ You laughed and patted his head.

You walked outside with Onew at your heel. He grabbed both of your hands as soon as you were out on the balcony and swung them. The two of you started backing into the wall, looking into each other’s eyes. Onew leaned in and kissed you. Even though you two had kissed three and a half times before (the kiss in gym class was accidental), it always felt like the first time. You were just starting to “get into it” when the light popped on. Onew pulled back a little and opened an eye to see that Taemin was sitting by the window beside Minho, giggling.

“Aish, those boys.” He said, moving back. ‘You guys are just jealous you don’t have girlfriends.’ He sent to you and his brothers.

You heard various replies, but the loudest was from Jonghyun, “He’s a player.” Onew said.

You laughed, kissed him on the cheek, and started running down the street when you saw the bus you needed rushing by, “BYE!” You called, and sent to the other brothers.

--

You flopped down breathlessly on the bus and looked at your phone. It would take about twenty minutes to get to Amber’s, so you decided to think for a minute. You thought about various things; school, friends, and some gossip you’d heard from Key. But one thing popped into your mind, ‘When I had that sleepover, why could I sense something? I can sense evil… so why did I have a feeling when he was coming? Could the thing that has been invading my friends been around me?’ You blinked, ‘It did feel the same…

For a second, your vision dimmed. You looked around, and to your relief, not many people were in the bus; the calm before rush hour. Your vision dimmed again, this time staying dank and blurry. You didn’t know what to do and let it take over, ‘~~~~~…’ A silky voice said, ‘I’ve tried to get through to you by possessing your friends. I almost killed you. Heck, how much does it take, child? Stay away from Onew. You can’t have him. He’s mine. We’ll meet soon enough, don’t worry.’ Your vision suddenly came back, and you felt a little nauseated.

Next stop, Eoljiro Road.” The announcers voice boomed over the loudspeaker.

You stood up and walked towards the door, ‘This better stop soon.’ You thought angrily.

~~

Sorry for not updating ^^” I was away from home. Thanks to my subscribers, and keep reading~ <3