"So you've come to fight, hm?"

Your Artificial Heart

The ten boys had brought you back to Onew's house, discussing everything on the way. You were almost tuned out, but you caught some details about what Bom had been doing, how many people and vampires she had killed, and how crazy she really was.

For the first time in a couple of days, Onew pulled you in for a hug, squeezing you tightly, "Don't ever leave like that again, do you hear me?" You nodded as his eyes searched for yours. When your eyes met, both of you leaned in slowly and kissed.

"Get a room, lovebirds!" Taeyang tease behind you, looking over your shoulder. "We need to discuss a plan of attack. Or at least get some food."

You flinched slightly; the idea of him, GD, TOP, Daesung and Seungri being vampires was still a bit shocking because they hid it so well. You felt like Taeyang seemed a lot like Jonghyun after you had found out; a little too open about vampire things. Regardless, you nodded to him and took Onew's hand, bringing him to the living room where all the boys were sitting. But as soon as you got there, Taemin pulled Onew away, smiling apologetically. You strained to hear what they were talking about, but only caught sounds and mumbles. After a couple moments, Taemin called out to you via thoughts, which you could feel had been shielded from everyone else. You got up and walked over slowly.

"~~~~~," Onew said softly. "Is everything okay?"

You looked up at him, then Taemin. You debated the pros and cons in your head, but in the end decided to tell the truth, "Bom is the one who killed my parents..."

You saw Onew's eyes soften completely, almost tearing up. He hugged you tightly, "I'm so sorry... I promise, I will avenge your parents' deaths..."

You smiled a bit and hugged him back. You whispered your thanks to him, "Let's go back to the group now to discuss everything." He nodded and walked back in, the two of you in tow.

"Shall we go around and familiarize everyone? You've recruited a couple more men, hyung," Onew said, looking at Daesung and Taeyang. "Plus, I'm sure we don't remember everything about each other."

GD nodded, "I'm Jiyong, but you can just call me GD. I don't have anything special like wonder boy here" — he pointed to Taemin — "but I'll fight until the last breath. That's TOP; he's a psychic, so he can get inside people's heads." You briefly remembered the dream you had of him before and made a mental note to ask him about it later. "This is Taeyang; a beast in fights but annoying no matter his mood or setting. Beside him is Daesung, the healer; all he has to do is touch something to make it heal."

"Hey, Doc!" Jonghyun exclaimed. "Nice to meet you!" Everyone laughed but slapped Jonghyun gently to tell him to shut up.

"And last but not least," GD continued, "is Seungri; one of the fastest kids you'll ever meet."

"Well, I'm Onew and I'm her boyfriend," he said, squeezing your hand. "Beside ~~~~~, is Jonghyun; a maniac. That's Minho over there; the strongest guy I know, and beside him is Key, who can take or give memories. He can make you think you've been to Antarctica, even if you've never left South Korea. And last but not least," Onew said, imitating GD's words, "is Taemin. He has so many powers that it's hard to list them all, but the main one is telekinesis. He's probably the toughest guy here, although he's the skinniest."

Jonghyun pretended to beat Taemin up, but the latter simply lifted him up and dropped him on a vacant armchair. Key sighed and rolled his eyes, "Show off."

You all laughed, and honestly, it felt good to lighten the atmosphere; the past week had been quite melancholic for you, so to be having a bit of fun was like a piece of heaven at the moment. But it didn't last long.

"So, what's our plan of attack?" Minho asked.

Onew and GD looked at each other, then the former began to speak, "Well, you've been around Bom more than me lately; how do you think is the best way to attack?"

GD looked at his "crew", and they all seemed to agree unanimously. Simultaneously, they all said, "Ambush."

Everyone smiled a bit, knowing that everyone was more or less on the same page a small comfort.

"We should do it as soon as possible," Seungri said.

"Yeah," Taemin agreed. "But I get to kill Bom. There is no way that she is getting away with our parents' deaths." He looked at you and set his lips in a firm line, showing you he was very serious about his statement. You smiled slightly and nodded in thanks.

"How many of them are there?" You asked, wanting to know what you were up against.

"There's Bom, CL, Minzy, and GD's girlfriend," Daesung said teasingly.

"Oppa, you have a girlfriend?" You exclaimed.

He blushed madly but shook his head, "I like her a lot but I don't know if she still likes me. I guess we can't really be together now, seeing that I'll have to kill her..."

Before anyone could say anything, there was knocking at the door. Minho got up quietly and peered outside, seeing someone and opening the door. As if on cue, Minho walked in with an adorable, fragile looking girl. You knew who it was automatically, as GD's eyes lit up.

"Dara!" He said, excitedly jumping up. "What's going on?"

She cleared quietly, "I can't be with them anymore... I'm switching sides. What she's doing isn't right, and even though I don't know you, I'm sure you're nothing like what Bom says you are." She said, looking over at you. You smiled gratefully at her and went to hug her, but you were beaten to it. GD had run over to her and hugged her tightly. When you saw her arms wrap just as tightly around him, you melted.

"I knew you'd come..." GD whispered to her. "You don't belong with them, you belong with me." She nodded and smiled, hugging him closer.

"Oh, puh-lease! Get a room!" Jonghyun yelled, imitating Taeyang from earlier. Everyone chuckled and got more comfortable.

"So," TOP began, "Each of the girls have something special. CL is a demon humanoid; she isn't human at all even though she may appear so — she's deceivingly strong, fast, and vicious. Minzy, on the other hand, is a crazy powerful witch. But thankfully, she's human, so if we can get at her and avoid the magic, she's down. And last but not least, Bom. She doesn't have any powers, but she is definitely obsessed with Onew, so she goes pretty crazy." Everyone talked more about the battle plans, confirming that tomorrow at sunset would be the time to attack.

Onew's living room was crowded with people that night, everyone just crashing on the couch or floor. Before you fell asleep, you texted Yunho quickly, asking how everyone was and making sure one of Onew's brothers had brought their friends back to safety. You asked him if they had told him anything about what they experienced, and made sure to apologize to them and the rest of your friends. You locked your phone and sighed quietly, 'I hope they don't hate me...'

Beside you, Onew stirred and whispered, "They won't."

You blushed a bit but hugged him, falling asleep in his arms.

-

Everyone was up early the next day, minus you, who needed serious rest. You found that your nightmare didn't return again, which would have cost you a lot of energy and nerve. At about noon, you got up, refreshed, and looked out the window to the backyard. You saw all of them practicing and heard snippets of thoughts, always one's short instruction to their partner as they sparred against another pair. You were amazed at how fast each of them could move. Dara dodged punches, kicks, and even some of the telekinetic attacks from Taemin. Your boyfriend became a different person when he fought: his eyes were darker, his body more flexible, and his muscles more defined. You almost couldn't believe that the boy fighting out there was the same boyfriend that had kissed you just a couple of hours before. But this didn't mean you were scared of any of them, no way. You felt proud, safe, and determined, determined to help them in any way possible. You knew not going tonight was not an option for you and you were not willing to take any ultimatum that anyone offered you.

You made everyone some iced blood tea, making sure that they all got one and that none of it got all over you. "Oppa," you began. "You know that I'm coming tonight, right?"

Onew looked up at you with wide eyes, "Are you crazy? No way! She'll find you and kill you!"

"She killed my parents and took their bodies..." You said quietly, looking down at your nails.

Dara cleared quietly, "I think you should come." Because Dara said something, GD jumped on the bandwagon, agreeing strongly.

After that, Onew seemed to understand, "Alright... But if anything goes wrong, don't take one for the team, okay? We are all going to return to this house tomorrow morning." Everyone nodded and pumped each other up, preparing themselves mentally rather than the physical preparation they had gone through all morning.

They went back outside after an hour, continuing their training and teaching you a couple of moves to defend yourself until someone could help you. This brought back the memory of the exploding toy trucks that occurred when you brushed Taemin's hand. You didn't know if it was just coincidence or there was actually something there, but you kept it at the back of your mind just in case.

-

The time of attack had finally come and everyone was insanely nervous. With you on Onew's back, the twelve of you made your way to the warehouse where Bom and her now two other friends resided. The nerves built and built, higher and higher until everyone arrived in the middle of the warehouse. Everyone thought it would be an easy task; no talking so no girls, therefore just do what has to be done. But you were all horribly wrong.

"Well, well, well," a girl said in a high pitched voice. "I knew you would all come."

"We're not afraid of you," Taemin said loudly as the three girls walked out of the shadows, standing side by side. Even though you hated these girls with every fibre of your being, you could not help but notice how beautiful they were; feline like and graceful.

"So you've come to fight, hm?" A girl with straight, long, blonde hair, who Taemin told you was CL, said.

"We're going to kill you. All three of you," Jonghyun said, his eyes blazing with anger.

The three girls laughed maniacally, then the one with the pixie cut, who you deduced had to be Minzy, spoke, "I think that's where you're wrong."

"We're going to kill all of you," CL said, turning to glare at Onew. "But we'll keep you alive just long enough that you can see Bom break your precious little girlfriend's neck."

You shivered and pressed closer to Onew; not to hide, but to try to calm him down, as he was almost trembling with anger and hatred.

Minzy scanned all of the fighters and smirked when she saw Dara, "I know who's dying first."

"I think that's where you're wrong," Dara answered firmly, imitating Minzy.

"Let's see then, shall we?" CL said.

Just before Taeyang and Minho began to rush forward, Bom screamed, "Wait! I have a little surprise for you, guys. It'll be especially fun for your , Onew."

You held his hand tightly to stop him from attacking, and watched as nine girls walked out from behind your opposition.

"Newborns," TOP whispered just loud enough for everyone to hear.

You scanned them, looking for your "surprise", when you saw it: right at the end, still partly in the shadows, was Seohyun, your neighbour. You whispered her name aloud, but it didn't reach her. She seemed to twitch every couple of seconds, her eyes wild with rage. But you knew her, and you could see the fear behind her façade. Your eyes teared up, but you held back, trying to send a thought to her that was shielded from everyone else, 'Run, Seohyun, you don't belong here.'

You knew she had heard you as she looked at you and gulped. You knew then that she understood and you had broken through her anger.

"," GD said.

"Did we forget to take something into account?" Jonghyun said.

"Yeah," Taeyang replied. "The fact that she's frigging insane."

Then, Onew hugged you for what might be the last time, pushed you gently backwards, as he whispered, "If anything goes wrong, you run. Don't sacrifice yourself for us."

You looked into his eyes and nodded. The tears started to come then, so you kissed him sweetly and whispered, "Go."

When Minho heard that, he screamed a battle cry and charged forth, the boys and Dara following close behind.