"They're gone..."

Your Artificial Heart

We have just been told that the two missing students, Shim Changmin and Park Yoochun, are both members of a new five-member group that debuted in front of a small audience several nights ago. The search is well underway for the two members. If you see these either of these boys, please contact the police.” The screen flashed to two recent pictures of your friends, their names below accordingly. You covered your eyes; that picture had been taken last year. You remembered the day well.

--

“You didn't dress up for picture day?” asked Amber, Junsu's purple and black shirt.

“This isn't dressy?” he retorted, his words laced with pretend shock. You laughed, then broke the two apart, saying that they both looked great. Amber rolled her eyes, while Junsu gave you a hug, “Thank you~! At least ONE of my best friends loves me.” Amber punched his shoulder, and then brought you guys to the auditorium where the pictures were being taken. You met up with Yoochun, Changmin, Jaejoong, and Yunho, admiring their “casually dressed-up” look. The photographer called the seven of you over for your pictures, dragging Yunho in first. You laughed as he awkwardly smiled for the camera, tilting his head according to the photographer’s instructions. You all took your turns, trying not to laugh as the photographer positioned you all. You all went to the park together, playing like children and creating some of the best memories the seven of you had together.

--

You stopped the memory from going any farther, or else the tears would escape from your closed eyelids. You kept them closed for a second longer, letting the memory slip to the back of your mind, calming you down. You opened your eyes with a deep breath, anger overriding the sadness completely, “It’s her, isn’t it.” The sight of Onew’s brows furrowed and a determined look on his face confirmed it.

Onew stood up and shook his head, “Aish… First she hurts Key, now she’s got Yoochun and Changmin… I can’t believe this… She needs to stop.”

You got up and laced your fingers with his, “We’ll stop her.” He softened, kissed your forehead and led you downstairs to the living room where the rest of the siblings had gathered. You sat down on Onew’s lap and faced the four boys, who all looked terribly angry, but you could see the sympathy and sadness for you in their eyes. You nodded and bit your lip, the tears threatening to return.  The room was silent for a minute; the brothers letting you regain your composure. You swallowed, but then remembered something vital, “Junsu.” You said, your voice cracking.

Everyone looked to each other, “I call taking ~~~~~ and Taemin!” Key said frantically as he and Onew met eyes, “We are not going through the same thing as that night when ~~~~~ broke her hand.”

--

The car ride was silent as Key drove, his knuckles white around the steering wheel. Tears rolled down your cheeks as you stared at the rapidly passing houses and buildings, only moving when you felt Taemin looking at you through the mirror. You swallowed and looked away, wiping your tears and sniffling a couple times.

‘We’ll find them and we’ll definitely kill that bi-.'

“We’re here.” Key said quietly but firmly, interrupting Taemin’s attempt at consoling you.

You looked at the small house you’d visited many, many times before and coughed, your tears now becoming more frequent. The three of you got out of the car, Taemin grabbing and squeezing your hand and Key squeezing your shoulder. Onew’s car pulled up shortly, all three getting out with solemn faces. The six of you walked up to the door slowly, Onew rubbing your arm as you knocked on the door.

It opened to Junsu’s red-eyed, tear streaked face. The two of you could only stand there for a second or two before you opened your arms up and Junsu jumped into them, pressing his face against your shoulder. As Junsu’s muffled sobs reached the boys’ ears, they circled around him, patting or rubbing his back and whispering quiet reassurances.

“Junsu,” A pained voice croaked, “Who’s there?”

You saw Junsu’s mother walk to the door, in the same condition as her son. He looked up from your embrace, meeting his mother’s eyes and almost smiling, “~~~~~ and more friends.” He looked to you, squeezed you lightly, and then pulled back, allowing you to hug his mother and whisper that it would be okay. The five boys behind you all bowed deeply and nodded sympathetically as you were all invited into the house. Junsu led the six of you up to his room, you and him staying close.

As the seven of you sat down, Jonghyun was the first to speak, “We’re really sorry for what you’re going through, but we need you to answer some questions.” He lapsed into thoughts as he finished his sentence, ‘Key, make sure to change his memory a bit, we don’t need him finding out what we are and getting more involved.’ He sent to his brothers and you, making sure you knew. Key looked to you for your permission and receiving it when you nodded slightly.

“Go ahead; I’ll give you whatever you need.” He said, breathing deeply as you squeezed his hand.

“When did you last see your brother and Changmin?” Junsu swallowed and closed his eyes then began, "My brother and Changmin went out at about 4:30 yesterday, to go get chicken I think. We were really hungry but my ankle was hurting so I stayed home. I should have gone..." He trailed, his voice becoming quieter, "I waited and got nervous, so I texted them both at 5, but there was no answer, and they're always on their phone so I got really nervous and-"

"Junsu." Minho interrupted, "I know it's hard, but stick to the facts please."

Junsu sniffled and closed his eyes again, "By 5:30, they still weren't home, so I called Yoochun hyung's phone first. There was no answer and I tried again: still no answer. So I tried Changmin's phone twice, no answer either time. I was really nervous by then so I went out to look for them, at the chicken place, at this park that we used to hang out at, and a couple more places they could be: nothing. I called again, but by then, it was already 6.

"I told my mom and we went out to look for them again, looking for any signs they'd been there, but we didn’t find anything. We even got Changmin's good for nothing dad to help us but still, nothing. We called the police at 8 but they didn't get here until 9... Then by the time they were done asking all of those stupid questions and talking to Changmin's dad, it was midnight and I crashed. I woke up in the morning to all of these reporters..." He stopped, leaning against your shoulder to hide his tears. "Why do you need to know all of this?"

You looked to Key, 'Please. Do it now. Make him remember only that we came and comforted him. Make him forget the pain of reliving it, living it once was more than enough.' You pleaded with your eyes, embracing Junsu as he began to sob quietly.

Key nodded and swallowed, walking slowly to the bed where the two of you were sitting. He sat down beside you, putting his hand on Junsu's back, easily changing around this memory with the light touch. As soon as Key had finished, the door to Junsu's room opened, Yunho and Jaejoong walking in with Amber behind them all of their eyes red and watery.

"They're gone..." Junsu said, smiling despite his state, but then squeezing his eyes shut as the three of them joined him and you on the bed, group hugging for a good minute or two. You could hear faint thoughts over the weak white noise emitted from the wall blocking the five vamps' thoughts from getting to you.

A moment later, the TV flicked on in the corner of the room. You looked who Taemin, who only inclined his head to the screen and looked down, obviously knowing what was to come. The news came on, the familiar weatherman finishing up this week's weather then changing back to the anchorwoman. *BREAKING NEWS* flashed on the bottom of the screen as the anchor touched her earpiece.

"A new development has been made in the case of the missing students, Park Yoochun and Shim Changmin."

Their pictures and names flashed briefly before they cut to a car. It was an old, familiar pickup truck, and your thoughts were only confirmed when Amber gasped, "That's...Yoochun's..."

"The students' car was found abandoned on Jooryeo Avenue. The car is in perfect condition, no collisions or impacts occurred. But..." She trailed off, pressing her earpiece again, "There is a substantial amount of blood on the seats and doors on both sides, so it's safe to say the two were together. Authorities doubt they have been killed, but with the amount of blood loss, there won't be much time left for them. Please keep checking in with us as we'll have more news as soon as it is available."

The silent tears rolling down everyone but Yunho's cheeks now became loud sobs echoing through the room. Yunho struggled not to cry and looked into your tear-filled eyes. You knew exactly what he was looking for and nodded, having to look away before you made him cry. Junsu's mother ran up the stairs and embraced her son, pushing everyone else back. You sat in Onew's lap and held Amber's hand as she sat beside Key, him her head and her taking heaving breaths, trying not to wail.  Jonghyun and Minho went over to Yunho and Jaejoong, hugging them and patting them on the back lightly while Taemin just sat there, looking at the ground, a single tear falling from his face to the hardwood floor.

-----

**Somewhere in Seoul- Yoochun's Perspective.**

Holy... What the hell... Where am I? My vision's all blurry... Hey, I'm tied up, what is this? I can't even move! What’s stuff all over me… What happened...

"Hyung..? Someone... Anyone..." A weak voice sounded behind me.

"...Changmin? Max? Is that you?" I asked, blinking repeatedly to try to get my vision to clear up.

"Hyung! You're there, but I can't see you! Why can't I see you?"

"I'm right behind you, Changmin, calm down, and don’t be too loud, we don't know where we are or what we're doing here, we should take preca..." The sound of heels clicking on the cold floor beneath my bare feet silenced me.

"Hyung! Don't stop talking to me, please!" Changmin whispered. 

"Shh~. Shh~. Just pretend to be unconscious."

"But hyung-"

"Just do it. Now!" I almost yelled. I heard his breathing slow as he tried to pass for unconscious.

The clicking now stopped right in front of me, a slender girl with long, blonde hair standing casually at my face level. She dragged a sharp nail against my chin then up my cheek, "We found a hottie~!" The girl said, rubbing her hands on my thighs. "Kya~ A cutie too!" She squealed at Changmin.

I could hear his breathing get quicker and the girl giggle loudly, then a yelp, then silence except for the slight sound of slurping and shaky breathing.

, what’s happening? If only I could get up… Wait, what’s that? A sharp piece of glass caught my eye and I craned my neck towards it, finding a reflection and holding in a scream at what I saw.