Powers? No, wait...

Your Artificial Heart

You looked around to see the five brothers staring at you with wide eyes.

“So,” you said, trying to get them to stop looking at you, “I guess I should call you guys ahjusshis now, huh?”

“Let’s try something.” Onew grabbed your hand and brought you outside to a huge backyard.

“Try healing.” Jonghyun suggested. Onew nodded, went over to the tree and broke off a small branch. He then swiped it across his palm, wincing from the pain.

“Try to heal it,” Onew said looking at his palm, “Concentrate. Touch the cut if you have to.” You looked up at him fearfully, ‘What if I can’t do it?’ You carefully picked up his hand, not wanting to touch the cut. You closed your eyes and concentrated as hard as you could. When you opened them, nothing had happened.

“Mianhe.” You said with your head down.

Onew took his good hand and lifted your chin, “It’s alright. It isn’t your fault you know.”

“How about we try telekinesis?” Taemin said. That was the first thing he’d said all day that didn’t have a hint of bitterness behind it. You saw an old toy coming out of the shed in the back, and thought, ‘It would be cool to be able to do that.

He set the toy on a small table in front of you, “Now, try to move it.” He said.

“How?”

“Concentrate on it, imagine it moving.” he said closing his eyes, demonstrating, “Just like you tried to with the healing.”

You tried the same thing and did what Taemin said. You heard a series of gasps and opened one eye. Your eyes snapped open when you saw that the toy was floating above the table. You smiled and looked up at Onew. You heard noises from behind you and turned around. As soon as you and Taemin met eyes, he burst out laughing and the toy dropped, “You…thought…you… lifted it? It was me silly.”

 You immediately looked down, trying to hide the tears in your eyes, ‘I thought I did it… I thought I was special…’ Key walked over to you, obviously hearing your thought, “You are. You’ve got be pretty special for Onew hyung to like you. Taemin does it to everyone.”

You saw a blur as Onew went over to Taemin, “Do you think that’s funny?”

“A-ani, mianhe.” Taemin stuttered. Onew pointed to you, “Mianhe, ~~~~~. I was just joking.” Taemin said with puppy dog eyes and a small pout.

You just couldn’t say no, “It’s alright.”

Key rolled his eyes, “You shouldn’t have fallen for that.” he said to you, “Taemin-ah, stop doing that.” Key walked inside humming, “Her whisper is the Lucifer…” Then he stopped, “Why did I just think that? Ah well…” Jonghyun and Minho followed him inside and disappeared. You were going to follow when you brushed against Taemin’s hand. You heard a small “bang” and turned around. The toy had exploded into hundreds of pieces. You and Taemin met eyes, ‘Don’t tell anyone.’ You sent. He nodded while he lifted the pieces and hid them in the shed.

--

You were sitting on the grass watching Taemin playing with fire in an attempt to apologize when Onew came and sat down beside you, “Thanks for trying today, or, tonight, and sorry again about Taemin.”

“It’s alright, he’s just a kid, even if he has been alive for…”

“A hundred and fifty years.” Onew nodded. You laughed. Taemin threw a ball of fire a little too high and hit the tree. You gasped but Onew laughed as Taemin shot water onto the small fire.

You saw a bit of light in the sky and gasped again, ‘Onew?’ you sent.

‘Yeah?’ he sent back.

You pointed to the sun that was becoming visible on the horizon, ‘Aren’t you going to… fry?’ You put it jokingly.

Onew shook his head and spoke out loud, “See this ring?” he held his hand up to reveal a big silver ring with a huge lapis lazuli stone in the middle. **A/N This is roughly what Onew’s looks like.**

“Well, it protects me from the sun, we all have one. It has a spell on it, don’t ask me how it works, though, because I have no idea.” He said with a smile.

It’s already morning?’ “I have to go, school’s going to stop and I need to get my stuff!” You squealed.

You started to get up, but Onew pulled you back down into his lap, “Let’s just watch the sunrise.” You looked up at Onew and smiled. He leaned down and kissed you softly. You smiled dumbly, ‘My first REAL kiss… I feel woozy, but not from Onew feeding.

--

Key offered to drive you home to get all of your things, while looking at you with a knowing smile. You gladly accepted and got in the car. It was a gold Corvette, but in the orange light, it had a pink, iridescent glow to it. He drove you to your building and sat in his car, writing something in Mandarin.

You rushed upstairs to find Junsu leaning on the wall beside your door, ‘Crap.’ You tried to think of a plan, ‘KEY.’ You sent, as loud as you could.

‘Woah, woman. Calm down, I can hear you.’ He sent back quickly.

‘Mianhe, but I have a ride…er, a walk to school. Thanks for bringing me home, but I’ll see you at school.’ You sent, hoping he wouldn't be mad.

‘Alright, see you there.’

You took a breath and headed towards Junsu. He raised his eyebrows when he saw you walking down the hallway, “Out all night partying?”

“Uh… No, I was…”

“No, no. I don’t want to know.” Junsu said with a chuckle, “Just get ready, I’ll be sitting on the couch.” You smiled and rushed into your room. You threw on some jeans, a tank top, and an oversized t-shirt. You ran into the bathroom, washed your face and brushed your hair. You made sure your bag was packed and ran back out to Junsu, “Ready?” You nodded. The two of you walked arm in arm to school.

--

As soon as you saw Amber, Jonghyun ran over, “~~~~~! Onew’s chasing me.” He ran behind you, trying to hide. You laughed.

Amber walked over with her eyes squinted in suspicion, “Hey ~~~~~, who’s this?”

“I,” Jonghyun said walking out from behind you, “am Jonghyun.” he held out his hand. Amber took it looking at you questioningly, “I’m Onew’s brother.” She dropped Jonghyun’s hand and glared at you with a “you-better-tell-me-everything” look.

“Would you excuse us for a second?” she grabbed you around the waist and led you away. She sat you down at a table and nodded. ‘Thank goodness we have a free period now.’ You started pouring everything out, except for the fact that Onew and his family was vampires. 

“I have some good news for you though.” You said with a mischievous smile, “I’m friends with Key now, so I’ll put in a good word.”

She gasped, “Really?” You nodded, “I LOVE YOU KIM ~~~~~!” She squealed a wrapped her arms around you.

“Come on or we’ll be late.”

--

At lunch, you went to your usual table, but looked around for Onew. When you saw him and his brothers enter the cafeteria, you waved them over, “Hi.” Onew said looking at you..

“Hi everyone.” Jonghyun said.

Yunho and Jaejoong stopped whispering for a second to look at the four new faces, “Hey, I’m Yunho and this is Jaejoong.” He said holding out his hand.

“I’m Junsu, this is my brother, Yoochun, and this is Changmin.” Junsu said, also holding out his hand.

The four brothers shook their hands, “I’m Onew. This is Jonghyun, Minho, and Key.” As soon as Onew said Key, Amber elbowed you in the ribs.

“Hey, Key, this is my friend Amber.” ‘She likes you.’ You added with a wink.

“Hello there, Amber.” Key said kissing her hand, ‘She’s cute.’ He laughed as Amber’s cheeks turned red.

As the bell rang, everyone said goodbye to their newfound friends and went to class.

--

The rest of the day was really boring, even though you had Science, your favourite subject. The only thing that brightened up your day was the great idea you had while waiting for your History teacher, “Hey Junsu, wanna have a sleepover? Bring DBSK. ~~~~~.” You turned to Amber, “Hey Am, want to come for a sleepover? Key’ll be there.” You said, setting the bait.

“Of course, but not for him, for you.” She said with a wink.

You wanted to try something, ‘TAEMIN?’ you sent out as loud as you could.

‘~~~~~? What?’ You heard a small voice answer.

‘Want to come to my house for a sleepover?’ You sent.

‘Uhm… Why are you asking me?’ He sent, confused.

‘Tell your brothers to come to my place after school. You come too.’ You sent.

‘Araseo, I will.’

~~

This chapter is horrible and took me so long to write. I was having extreme writer’s block and kept getting distracted, sorry >.<” The next one’ll be better. Did you guys catch the Lucifer reference? Keep that in mind for later ^^ Thanks for reading~ <33 PS There's something wrong with my computer, so I apologize for any mistakes.