Meeting The Family.

Your Artificial Heart

 

You backed up into the climbing structure. You weren’t usually easily scared, but this, for a lack of better word, scared the crap out of you, “No,” you shook your head furiously, begging.  “Please don’t hurt me, please.”

Jonghyun looked at you with wide eyes for a second, then burst out laughing, “You think…I…would hurt you?” cutting himself off with laughter, “After how much Onew likes you? No, I’d have to be stupid to mess with Onew hyung. He looks all laughs, but he could rip my head off in a second.” He heard whimpering and looked in your direction, “Right, you didn’t know. Hey, don’t cry. I won’t hurt you. I was just joking.”

When you heard how sincere his words were, you looked up at him. He’d wiped the remainder of the blood off his face, and now that you saw him, he was pretty good looking, ‘But not as good looking as Onew.’ When he smiled, you saw his fangs retract into normal teeth. Trying to make him think you weren’t scared, you said, “You look more like a dinosaur than a vampire.”

He laughed, “I get that a lot. Now, let me call an ambulance for…”

“Dongwook.” You filled in.

“Yeah, him. And you’re coming with me to our house. Let’s meet the rest of the family.” He said enthusiastically., “Let me get my car.” As soon as he finished talking, he was gone. He pulled up to you in a shiny silver Audi. You were a little reluctant to get in, but you thought about what Jonghyun said earlier about not hurting you.

You got in but just couldn’t control yourself, “Woah…” The inside of the car was almost more amazing than the outside. Jonghyun laughed. You shook your head to get yourself out of the daze you were currently in, “Can I go get my phone first?” Jonghyun nodded and asked where you live. You pointed to the building adjacent to the park, “I’ll just go, one minute.” You ran out of the car, up the stairs, and into the elevator. You grabbed your phone and saw that you had five messages each from Amber and Junsu, ‘Omo, I’m in trouble.

--

As Jonghyun drove, there was only one thing you could think of. It wasn’t the fact that Onew was a vampire, it wasn’t the fact that you were in a car with a vampire, not to mention a stranger, it wasn’t even the fact that you were driving to a house full of vampires. It was the fact that Onew liked you. You liked him a lot, and knowing he liked you too, well, that just trumped all your other discoveries.

Jonghyun eventually stopped at a dark house about twenty minutes from yours. You figured from your knowledge of vampire movies that the house would be huge, but it was just another average house. It had two floors, a large porch, and a beautiful garden. You both got out and walked up the stairs to the door. Jonghyun stepped through the door and paused when you didn’t follow, “You know, it’s not you that has to be invited into a home.” He said with a smile.

You giggled, then took a deep breath, ‘Here goes nothing.

Inside, you kicked your shoes of and walked behind Jonghyun, easily looking over his shoulders, ‘This is really nice… not what you’d expect from a bunch of vampires, especially boys.

“Yah, Onew hyung. Look who I found while I was out for dinner.” Jonghyun said as he threw his jacket on the couch. You flinched, “Oh, sorry, my bad, forgot.” He said casually.

“Who is it, Jonghyun?” Onew asked as he stepped into the living room. His mouth dropped open and his eyes opened wide, “~~~~~…”

“Uh… hi. Your house is really nice.” You said trying to break the awkwardness.

“Thanks… uh, can you guys come down here?” Onew called to his brothers.

The next thing you knew, Key, a tall boy you assumed was Minho, and a smaller boy who you figured was Taemin were standing beside Onew.

“Who’s that?” Taemin asked.

“This is ~~~~~.” Onew searched for some way to make you seem like you belonged here, or else his dongsaengs would grill him, even if they were his dongsaengs, “Uh… She’s my girlfriend.” He said, finally finding something.

You quietly gasped as Onew walked over and put his arm around you. You smiled nervously at the three across the room while Jonghyun made an exasperated noise and flicked on the T.V. It immediately turned off, “Jonghyun, does she know?” Key asked.

“Why do you think I brought her here? She saw me feeding.” He said, bored, “Now, let me watch T.V.”

“Well, I guess she’ll have to know the whole truth.” Minho said, shrugging.

“What if she doesn’t want to know? What if she doesn’t want to be part of this?” Taemin asked with acid in his voice.

When Onew looked at you, you could see the pure fear in his eyes that you would say no, “I want to know.” You felt Onew relax beside you as he led you to the couch.

“There’s a lot to know… Are you sure?” Onew asked. You nodded.

He took a breath, “Well, first thing’s first. We’re vampires. But we aren’t all bloodsuckers.  Jonghyun and Minho are the only true bloodsuckers here. Key, Taemin and I are psychic vampires. That means we feed on souls, or on energy. So we don’t need blood to live, but it helps us control our thirst.” You shifted uncomfortably.

“Don’t worry, ~~~~~. We don’t kill unless we have to.  And we definitely won’t kill you know that you’re with our hyung.” Key said teasingly. You smiled.

Onew cleared his throat, “Remember that day in P.E. when we…,” he paused and rubbed his neck, “then you felt really week? Well, that was my fault. It was because I wasn’t prepared and I hadn’t had any blood in a couple of days.” You nodded in understanding.

“We all have the power to send and receive thoughts.” Onew said.

“So don’t think too hard or you’ll project to us and give us a migrane.” Jonghyun said jokingly. Minho shot him a warning look, “WHAT?” Jonghyun said sharply, “Just trying to lighten the mood.” Key shook his head.

“Key has the power to give or take memories. He can make you think you’ve been somewhere you’ve never seen, or he can make you forget years of your life.” You looked over at Key, ’He doesn’t look like he’d do anything like that.’ You thought.

“Oh, but he can, to anyone.” Taemin said bitterly.

“Oh, mianhe, was I thinking that loud? Mianhe.” You apologized, ‘He must hate me.

“He hates everyone except for Minho.” Key answered. You put your head down and sighed.

“It takes a while to get used to.” Onew said rubbing your arm. Even though he lied about being your boyfriend, he acted like it was true. And you discovered that you wanted it to be, too.

“Babo and I are the strength of the family,” Jonghyun said pointing at Minho. You giggled, “We may look like little boys, but we could rip apart this house in a split second.” You were beginning to get used to Jonghyun’s weird sense of humour.

 “YAH. Who you calling babo?” Minho yelled.

“YOU. Got a problem with it?” Jonghyun snapped back. They began to wrestle until Key pushed them apart.

You hesitated on the question you were about to ask, “What about Taemin?” You didn’t know much about him and were very curious.

“Taemin’s the most powerful out of all of us. First of all, he has telekinetic powers. Second, he can control the elements; fire, earth, water, and air. And third-” Onew said. You tried to think quietly, ‘He looks like such an innocent kid, though. I can’t believe he’s so powerful.’ You looked around. No one seemed to hear your thought, or they just didn’t answer, ‘Hey, I’m getting good at this.’ You thought with a smile. Onew leaned in close to your ear, “No you aren’t.” he whispered with a chuckle, “Don’t worry it’s only me that heard you. You are getting better.” You looked at him with a smile, ‘Thanks.’ You tried to project to only Onew. He smiled as you looked around to see no one else had heard. He laughed at your amazement you could you could learn so quickly and kissed your head.

You talked for a while with the rest of the family, but Taemin had only said a few things, most of them saying he was annoyed or bored. You wanted to know more, but decided today was enough for everyone.

‘I hope she doesn’t tell anyone.’ Someone said.

“Don’t worry, I won’t.” You said to everyone. That’s when you realized everyone was staring at you, “What?”

‘~~~~~.’ Onew said.

“What? What did I do?” You asked frantically.

“We haven’t said anything out loud until now.” Key said with wide eyes.

“We’ve been sending thoughts. That means you can send and receive thoughts too. Maybe you can do other things."  Minho said, intrigued.

You gasped, "Me? A power?"

~~

Fini. What do you think of having powers? We'll see where it gets you ^^ Sorry for any mistakes, and if you have any questions, comment. I'll do a clarifying chapter every 10 chapters, so IT WILL BE CLARIFIED. Thanks for reading, and thanks for the subsciptions ;) <33