A Secret, A Date, and An Invasion.

Your Artificial Heart

 

You weren’t able to sleep. But everyone else could, just like that. But what happened with Junsu was keeping you up, ‘I don’t understand why he would do something like that. He’s like my brother… But it didn’t seem like him, like, someone was controlling him or something…’ You interrupted your thought with a huge yawn, ‘I should go to sleep. Being tired won’t help me figure it out.’ You rolled over to go to sleep when you heard shuffling. You turned around to see who it was. It was Junsu, with the same, blank expression he had on when you kissed.

“Stay away, child. Leave and don’t come back.” Junsu said quietly, staring straight ahead.

“Who are you?” You asked cautiously.

“You’ll see soon enough…” When Junsu had finished speaking, he collapsed beside you.

Poor Junsu… Whoever’s doing this has to stop.’ You grabbed Junsu’s sleeping bag and put it over him. You lulled yourself to sleep by saying “I’ll stop them. I have to.” Repeatedly.

--

After a very uncomfortable sleep, you woke to see that you were the only one up. Amber was on the couch with you, while all of the boys were mixed up. You started to go to the bathroom when you saw Taemin softly touching a small plant in your room. It quickly flowered at his touch. You saw the joy in his eyes as he gave the plant life, “Taemin-ah.” He spun around, but relaxed when he saw it was you, “Thank you. I didn’t even know that plant flowered actually.”

“It’s something I’m working on.” He said.

You sat on your bed looking at the beautiful blossom when Taemin sat down beside you, “Did something happen last night?” He asked. You looked down, “Just because I look like a kid doesn’t mean I am one you know.”

“You know Junsu? Well, we k-.” You stopped, “We were playing a game and he acted really weird. He would never act like that. And in the middle of the night, he told me to leave and never come back. The whole time he had this blank expression on his face.” You stopped talking and imitated Junsu. Taemin stifled a giggle while you started talking again, “Then he just collapsed.”

Taemin nodded, “Classic case of possession.”

“I thought so.” You replied, “Can we keep this between you and me? I don’t want Onew or anyone else to worry.”

He nodded seriously, “But if it gets any worse than threatening, I’m telling Onew hyung.”

“Araseo. Thank you, Taemin.” You squeezed his small shoulder. You trusted him, and you could tell, he trusted you too.

“Yah… ~~~~~, where are you? I need breakfast.” Key called. You walked out to see everyone had woken up just like that. You laughed at how they were all rubbing their eyes, Yunho and Jaejoong leaning on each other, threatening to fall down. After glancing at everyone, you noticed that all of them were super tired. Too tired. You met eyes with Taemin who had a serious expression on his face.

Junsu was sitting on the couch holding his head, “~~~~~, do you have any aspirin? My head is killing.” You ran into the bathroom, grabbed two pills, and ran back. You brushed his hand while giving them to him, “Thanks.” You could tell that Junsu was himself again, ‘I think I can sense when something isn’t wrong… maybe even sense evil.’ You sent to the vamp brothers. They all knew that something was wrong with Junsu the night before, and you could feel that they agreed with your thought.

--

After a hectic hour of getting dressed, using the bathroom, and actually waking up, you all went out for breakfast, “I want eggs~” Jaejoong sang. You heard a bunch of “Me too”s and got an order for DBSK, Amber and yourself. You ordered fried rice for Taemin and chicken for the rest of the brothers despite the weird look the woman at the counter gave you for ordering chicken so early.

When you walked over to the table with a stacked tray, the boys wooed. You smiled as you handed everyone their food, ‘It’s getting easier to smile. All thanks to my friends.

--

When breakfast was finished, DBSK had to go perform for a group of people, so you went out with Amber. You two hadn’t exactly spent a lot of time together for the past few days due to your finding out that vampires existed.

“Want to go get our nails done?” Amber said, imitating the queenkas at your school, “Then we can gossip about Jaejoong oppa.” You laughed.

“No way.” You said, shaking your head.

She let out her breath, “I thought you were going to say yes for a second. Let’s go to the park.”

You linked arms with her and walked to the park by your building. It was the same place Dongwook had been “attacked”. You shuddered at the memory of Jonghyun’s face that night; bloody, pointy, stained fangs, and dark eyes, ‘I’ll definitely ask Key to take away that memory.’ You thought. You sat down on swings with Amber, “So. What’s up with you and Onew?” she asked.

“We’re going out.” You answered without hesitation, “What about you and Key?”

“Oh… Um…” Amber faltered, “We’re going out I guess. I don’t know.”

“I’ll ask him tonight when I go to see Onew.” You assured her.

Amber immediately started shaking her head, “No, I’ll do it myself.”

‘Hey Key, call Amber.’ You sent. Consequently, her phone began ringing, “Who is it?” You said, already knowing.

“It’s Key.” She said with wide eyes, “What a coincidence.” She pressed the talk button, “Yoboseyo~” She sang, “Yeah…Am I busy tonight?” She looked at you, smiling. “No, definitely not… Araseo… See you then. Bye.” She did a little happy dance, then covered her face with her hands. When she uncovered it, she had a serious face on. You chuckled. She stood up, grabbed your hand and said, “We have to pick something for me to wear. Let’s go.”

--

You sat cross-legged on Amber’s bed while she threw various pieces of clothing at you. She would look at a piece, then either throw it at you if it was plausible, or drop it on the ground if there was no way she was wearing it.

She pointed at the pile that was half on you, half on her bed, “What do you think?” You pushed the clothes off of you and started picking out an outfit. The first one was a combination of a tight skirt and a tube top. As soon as she saw it, she grabbed them and threw them over her head into the pile of discarded clothes, “No thanks.”

After five more abandoned outfits, you found a pair of skinny jeans with a tank top, a jacket and black converse. She tried it on, twisting and turning in front of her mirror, “Amber. You look fine. Stop spinning before you throw up.”

She stopped, stumbled a bit from spinning, then turned to you, “Do you really think he’ll like it?”

You nodded, “But he likes you anyway, it doesn’t matter what you wear. As long as it’s fashionable.” You added.

She laughed nervously while looking at the time, “Well, I have to go or I’ll be late.”

You nodded and walked out front with her. Key’s car had just pulled up, “Perfect timing.” You said to Amber and sent to Key. She gave you a hug while saying thanks and jogged over to the car. She hopped in, gave Key a peck on the cheek and smiled at you. Key waved and sped away.

“I hope nothing happens…” You said hopefully.

--

**Amber’s Point of View**

We went into the restaurant that Key chose. It was really romantic and everyone was wearing formal clothes. Maybe I should have worn that skirt… But Key was wearing casual clothes too, so I guess it’s okay. Key led us to a private table in the back, pulled out my chair, then sat down himself. We started talking about whatever came to mind; school, family, friends. As soon as we got our dinner, Key looked up. He had a blank expression on his face with lifeless eyes, “Key? Key, are you alright?”

He stared straight ahead and said, “Tell her to leave him alone.” I was a little creeped out, so I grabbed his hand. He was cold.

**Key’s Point of View**

‘Get out of my head!’ I sent to whatever was invading me.  I couldn’t see, and I was scared I was going to hurt Amber. I fought as hard as I could, ‘I said, GET. OUT.’ I shook my head, and my vision came back. I saw Amber’s face, which was evidently scared, “Key? Are you okay?” she said. I nodded and told her I wasn’t feeling very well, “We can go if you want.” I nodded, apologized, and thanked her. After I drove her home, I sat in front of her house. Aish! Why did it have to happen now? Onew hyung won’t be happy about this…

~~

Sorry it took so long, I was busy with family stuffs. I’ll do better >.<” Thanks for reading <3