"Now, we wait."

Your Artificial Heart

A/N: My writing style has changed, so sorry if it sounds weird or anything.

As you were about to leave to talk about a plan with Onew and his brothers, Yunho ran down the stairs and caught your arm, stopping you. 

"~~~~~." He said, swallowing loudly, "You know who took them, don't you?"

You looked up at him and saw pain in his eyes, then nodded. 

You saw anger pass over his face, and then he thought for a second, piecing everything together. "This has to do with what happened to Key, doesn't it? The girl who did that took them, didn't she?" He asked. 

You nodded again, "Onew oppa thinks he knows who she is, and when we find her, we'll bring Yoochun oppa and Changmin home and kill her." 

Yunho clenched his jaw and looked down, "What if it's too late for them?" He asked quietly, swallowing tears. 

You shook your head and hugged him awkwardly, "Yunho oppa, I promise we'll find them in time and make sure that they're safe."

"Can I come when you go to save them? Please? I can't just stay here knowing that two of my best friends are in danger and another is putting herself into danger, too..." He said, trying to convince you. 

You smiled at him and patted his shoulder, "I'll try to convince oppa for you." You said, walking down the rest of the stairs that led to the front door. 

"Oh, Yunho oppa?" You called, turning back. 

"Hm?" 

"Take good care of Junsu and Jaejoong oppas... Amber too..." 'Since I can't...'

He nodded and smiled a little at you, turning to go back upstairs to comfort your friends. 

You sighed and walked outside to Onew, wrapping your arms around him and closing your eyes. 

"What are we going to do now, oppa..." You asked. 

He your hair, "We're going to find Yoochun and Changmin and kill this crazy girl once and for all. And by “we”, I mean my brothers and I, not you." He said, seriously. 

You looked up at him and shook your head, "Oppa, no! You have to let me come! They're my friends! I've known them since we were kids... I'm going where ever you go and that's final."

Before he could open his mouth to protest, Key came out, wiping his eyes. You looked at Onew then pecked him and walked to Key's car, getting in. 

-

The ride home was silent except for the low hum of white noise emitted from Key's mind. You had to do something to help him, to reassure him that he wasn't alone, so you put your hand on top of his, gently squeezing his hand. You heard him sniffle then clear his throat, 'Thank you.' He sent, momentarily opening up to you, but closing himself off just as quickly. 

You sighed and kept your hand on his, and looked in the mirror at Taemin. He was tense and quiet, looking at his fingers as he twiddled them. 

'Poor kid...' You thought. 

'I'm not a kid, ~~~~~.' He sent back, sticking his tongue out and trying to lift the mood in the car. 

You smiled at him and nodded as thanks, then made a mental note to work on shielding your thoughts. 

-

When you returned home, the six of you sat down, and after a moment of silence, Jonghyun cleared his throat. 

"So Onew hyung," he began, "Since you probably know this the best, where is she hiding?" 

Onew looked down at the table, trying to remember anything he could about this girl that could potentially kill everyone. Before long, he looked up and at everyone. "She lives downtown."

"Are you sure?" Minho asked. 

Onew nodded, "She's obsessed with being seen and needs to be noticed by everyone. What better way to do that than to go to all the clubs?" 

Jonghyun nodded, "Minho and I will go downtown every night this week to make sure she's visiting every night."

"We'll also try to find out how many accomplices she has." Minho said, looking a little worried. 

Onew nodded and got up, "We shouldn't wait too long to take her down; the longer we wait, the less chance Yoochun and Changmin have and the more people that are going to get hurt." The rest of you nodded in agreement. 

You looked at the time. "Oppas," you called, looking at Minho and Jonghyun. "It's already 8:45, should you go downtown?" They both nodded in response and got their jackets, making sure they had their phones in case of an emergency.

“We’ll be back later.” Jonghyun said, walking out the door with Minho and disappearing as both of them ran toward downtown Seoul. You stood there as the blur quickly passed out of sight, reminded of how fast and dangerous they could become.

You walked back into the house, sitting down beside Onew and leaning on him. “Now,” he said, “We wait.”

-

By 11 o’clock, Key had dozed off, Onew was showering, and Taemin was watching TV with you. You glanced over at him, squinting your eyes to make sure you were seeing what you thought you were. You went over to him and bent down, brushing the hair off his neck to reveal what you’d seen before; the black and grey veins that meant Taemin hadn’t been feeding.

"Taemin-ah, you need to feed..." You said, putting your arm out.

He shook his head and pushed it away, ‘I don’t want to.’ You looked at him and sighed. ‘You’re probably guessing why I don’t want to, right?’ He asked, tilting his head at you.

You nodded eagerly, anticipating the story and Taemin opening up to you.

‘Too bad.’ He sent, walking past you and upstairs to his room.

Your mouth dropped open as you watched him walk upstairs, ‘This kid…