"Oh my God..."

Your Artificial Heart

The next couple of minutes seemed to last forever: each vampire was moving so quick that 30 seconds seemed like at least 5 minutes in your mind. You couldn't tell who was winning because the upper hand seemed to transfer to the other side periodically. The only thing going through your mind was the horror of the potential death of any of your friends or boyfriend right in front of your eyes. You shut your eyes momentarily, but when you opened them, they shut almost immediately: you had just seen Jonghyun and Taeyang helping to kill one of Bom's "warriors", her neck snapped. 

After that, both sides seemed to get angrier and rougher, and soon the "good" and "bad" guys were bursting into ash almost one after another. You shut your eyes tightly again and screamed when you saw Seungri drop, tears falling down your cheeks when you realized he was already gone. 

"I'm sorry, so sorry..." You yelled and sent out mentally. You cried harder and plugged your ears, too scared and traumatized to move.  
In less than a minute, the warehouse was almost silent. You opened your eyes slowly, peeking through your fingers. You saw nothing but lifeless bodies on the ground and you almost stopped breathing: everyone was gone. You couldn't believe you hadn't even gotten to say goodbye to your boyfriend. You whispered apologies to each person through your tears and prayed that somehow, everything would be okay for them, even if it wasn't for you.

When you stopped sobbing, you heard faint noises coming from somewhere out of your view. You got up and wiped your eyes, looking around for the source. When you turned the corner, you saw a bloody and weak Daesung, leaning against the wall to keep himself from slumping onto the floor. 

You rushed to him, "Daesung, oh my God..."

He smiled weakly, "I've tried to heal myself all that I could, but I can't anymore..."

The faintness of his voice made you want to sob again, but then something popped into your head; the memory of what happened to the toy when you and Taemin unexpectedly brushed hands. You thought it was stupid at first, but then you decided that you had to try, not only for Daesung, but for his fallen comrades; your friends. 

"Daesung, focus all the power you have left on healing once I take your hand, okay?" You asked him making sure he was still conscious. 
He nodded slightly and opened up his hand, allowing you to take it. Once you did so, you could feel his concentration, so you began as well. You tried as hard as you could, envisioning how you felt when the toy had been affected and trying to apply those feelings to Daesung. You watched as the cuts and bruises to his face and arms miraculously began to get smaller and in time, disappear altogether. You smiled through your tears; you had helped him increase his healing powers, so he was now able to stand and move around. 

"What about everyone else?" You asked shakily, the smile quickly disappearing from your face. 

You watched as he looked around silently, then began to wall quickly to another hallway connected to the main floor of the warehouse. You ran behind him and there, lying on her stomach was Minzy, the witch. Her face was bloody and you could see that her hand was bent at a weird angle, but oddly, you didn't feel bad. Actually, you didn't really feel anything. Even when you saw Daesung grab her neck, you were still numb. 

Just as he was about to finish her off, you gasped and grabbed his hand, looking up at him. 

"I have an idea, but we need her," you said firmly despite your teary eyes. He looked from you to her and back to you again. You could see how angry he was, but behind that, the sadness was apparent. Your throat seized but you nodded, "I want to try, please..."

He nodded reluctantly and let her go, dropping her onto the floor. You stood in front of her and cleared your throat to make her look up at you, then began talking, "You're a witch, right?" After she nodded, you continued to speak, "Can you bring them back?"

You saw her gulp, but a second later, she nodded. 

"Do it," you said angrily. "And we'll heal you."

Her eyes lit up as she nodded, struggling to sit up properly. "Bring me over to them, I can't walk," she stuttered weakly, begging. You laughed mentally; this girl would rather bring her enemies back to life just to be healed than die with her comrades. What loyalty. 

Daesung quickly grabbed both of her arms and pulled her over to the deceased closest to the three of you, Taemin. 

You resisted the urge to cry when you saw his party mangled face and instead bent down, cradling his head and touching the cold skin on his jawbone. 

You looked up at the girl and saw she was already entranced in her spell. She whispered words that sounded like Korean, but in a dialect you had never heard. The sounds were harsher and the words shorter, but you could make out a couple words like God, life, and release. She lowered her hands, which had been in front of her, palms up, to Taemin's body, and as soon as she touched his forehead, both of their bodies jolted and you heard a gasp from the frail boy below you. You looked down and smiled tearfully when you saw him open his good eye and look at you. 

"Daesung," you said quietly. "Heal him, I'll help."

He nodded and held out his hand to you, touching it to Taemin's chest once you had taken it. Slowly, you saw his face return to normal, and all the cuts on his body seemed to disappear, leaving only scars and bruises. 

As you helped Taemin to sit up, keeping his eyes towards you and away from his dead brothers, Daesung touched Minzy's shoulder for a second, healing a couple of her wounds and allowing her the strength she needed to finish another ritual. 

And so, that was how it continued on: Minzy brought each of her enemies back to life, receiving the reward of a second of healing. After she did so, you and Daesung held hands as he healed most of the wounds on everyone's body. The time that the witch took lessened each time she  was healed, so it was only a bit more than five minutes when everyone was alive but Onew. You couldn't bear to look at him and you shut your eyes, just like you had done during the battle. But you cradled his head gently, combing your fingers through his soft hair that you loved. After a couple of seconds, you felt his body jolt with Minzy's touch, and finally opened your eyes. He was battered and bloody, but by the slight colouring in his cheeks and the chocolate brown of his eyes, you could see he was most definitely alive. Your eyes began to water as you sent him an apology only he could hear and held out your hand for Daesung to heal Onew. He coughed as the healing started then called your name in a hoarse voice.  "It's okay..." He said, still weak. You sobbed and hugged him tightly, whispering how much you loved him many times and not even caring if he said it back. You just wanted to make sure he knew how much you loved him and how happy you were that he could come back to you. The group separated, allowing themselves to heal and rest, all while discussing what they had felt at the moment when they had died for the second time. They gave you some time alone with Onew; you simply hugged each other and whispered sweet nothings into one another's ears, things you hadn't done in so long because of Bom and her obsession. 

A little while later, you felt a small rock hit your foot and looked up, seeing Taemin standing a little ways away. You motioned him over because he looked like he had something to say. "What is it?" You asked softly. 

"I killed her..." He said quietly. "Bom..."

You smiled, "I'm sure our parents are thankful that she didn't go unpunished. I am too; thank you, Taemin. You delivered on your promise." You unraveled yourself from Onew and hugged the younger gently, trying to convey how you felt. You his fluffy hair and pulled away, smiling and ruffling it. 

You heard TOP speak as Taemin left the two of you alone. He asked people to help him gather the bodies of Bom, CL, and their followers into a big pile so their bodies could be burned,  and that was when Key asked what would be done about Minzy. 

"Kill the witch," Jonghyun said. People seeme to agree, but one person had a different opinion.

"No," Seungri said firmly. "She brought us back to life, you idiots! I say we let her go, but on two conditions."

Jonghyun looked embarrassed, "Fine, what are they, genius?"

Seungri smirked slightly, then set his lips in a firm line and looked right into Minzy's eyes, "You must disappear unless we need you for something. Only then will you even think of setting foot in this city again. In addition, if any of us hears anything negative about you, we will find you and kill you, I promise. Can you live by those two rules?"

She nodded weakly and got up, saying a couple words in the same strange dialect and disappearing into thin air. 

"I still think we should have killed her," Jonghyun mumbled, receiving a punch in the arm from Key. 

"He's smarter than you, Dino," he said, avoiding a return punch from the stronger of the two and helping TOP and the others with the movement of bodies. 

After they were done, it was up to Taemin to do the honours of lighting the fire. He closed his hand and opened it slowly a second later, a small flame appearing in the centre of his palm. He blew it towards the pile and suddenly the small flame became a raging fire, burning through the bodies. Onew hugged you close to himself  and your hair, keeping you from seeing the way the fire engulfed the bodies. 

"Hey, guys," you heard from behind you. Everyone turned around to see Minho followed by two vampires who looked familiar to you. "I found these two locked in a room, I guess Bom had them captive. Does anyone know who they are?"

He walked foreword and the two vampires followed. When they clearly came into your sight, you gasped loudly and almost collapsed. 
"Umma? Appa?" You choked out. 

You saw their eyes widen as they stepped in front of Minho. That was when you knew it was true: your parents, although vampires, were alive and looked fairly healthy. Slowly, everything started to fall into place: the dream wasn't just something random, it was about your parents' death, and when they disappeared, it wasn't because of some animal, it was because they had turned and needed blood. Over the years, you were always safe, and you guessed that it had something to do with your parents. You finally snapped out of your thoughts and rain to them, hugging them tightly and crying.