"You didn't do it, Taemin."

Your Artificial Heart

 

All of you looked at Key, surprised. 

"What do you mean he didn't do it?" Minho asked. 

Jonghyun nodded, "No offense, but he was the only other person in the house, let alone near it."

Key squinted his eyes as if he was trying to see something, shook his head slowly, and then turned to Taemin. "You said you couldn't move then you broke his arm, right?" When Taemin nodded painfully, Key continued. "You didn't want to do that." He said, stating rather than asking. 

Taemin shook his head, "Of course I didn't, why would I-"

Key shook his hand in Taemin's face to shut his mouth and went on, "Your vision went black then?" 

Taemin nodded slowly and crossed his arms, "Hyung, didn't I just tell you that? Is there a point that you're trying to get to?" He almost yelled. 

Key squinted once more then opened his mouth and nodded, "I think you were possessed."

Before anyone could say anything, Key put his hand out to stop the questions, "When I got possessed, my vision went black and I couldn't move. It might be a long shot, but the incidents seem similar to me. Come on, Taemin, I gave you the memory of being possessed. Think about them; compare." Taemin closed his eyes and thought; his eyelids twitching as he sifted through the two memories. 

After several minutes of complete silence, Taemin's eyes popped open as he nodded, "T-they a-are...." He stuttered. 

The experience you'd had on the bus was nagging you now, and even though you didn't want to tell, you figured you'd have to eventually. You thought for a second and then decided to tell the brothers. "Oppas," You said, calling their attention. "One day on the bus, the girl.. She came into my head and started talking to me..."

Before Onew could say anything, you continued, "What happened was the same; my vision went blurry and I couldn't move. I'm sorry from keeping this from you..." You apologized, looking down. 

Onew lifted your chin and forced you to look up at him, "I understand why you didn't want to tell us, but if something like this happens again, you need to tell us."

You nodded and apologized again quietly, looking at Taemin, "If it's worth anything to you, I think Key's right." You said, trying to cheer Taemin up a little. 

He smiled a little and nodded then thanked you and Key, but looked to the remaining three brothers, wondering if they agreed too. Minho nodded, agreeing, as did Jonghyun. Onew agreed as well, but, as always, was lost in thought: on his own little planet. 

Only when Jonghyun snapped his fingers in front of Onew's face did he take a breath, "It was her, definitely. Key, you were right." He said, looking at Taemin and smiling. 

The small boy looked at him, "How do you know?"

"Well," he began. "Each possession has its own feel or signature, right? So if your, Key, and ~~~~~'s possessions share the same three attributes, it means they're all done by the same person or people. And since we know that theirs were done by her, yours must be too."

Taemin nodded, "Mine and hyung's did feel the same... Then I didn't hurt them? I didn't kill them?" 

"The only thing you hurt was his arm." Jonghyun said, his morbid sense of humour shining through. 

Taemin chuckled for a second and looked down, becoming silent. After a few seconds, he wiped his eyes and looked up again, thanking each one of you before clearing his throat. 

"Hyung, can I eat now?" He asked shyly. 

All six of you laughed and smiled, knowing that maybe now Taemin would be happier. Onew brought back a couple of blood bags, but you, knowing blood was not enough to satisfy him, rolled up your sleeve and offered your arm. 

Taemin looked at you in surprise and then turned his head to Onew, as if asking for permission. "Drink these first; you won't need as much life-force afterwards." Onew said, nodding and taking your hand then running his fingers up your forearm. 

You watched as Taemin drained the two blood bags quickly and neatly, catching any drops that had spilled in midair and bringing them up to his mouth. The grey and black veins on his neck retracted slowly, fading in colour and quantity until there was only a few stretching up the side of his neck.

When he finished with the bag, you ed out your arm, smiling and nodding at it. He slowly lifted it with his fingers, raising it to his mouth. When his lips touched your arm, you leaned back against Onew, getting comfortable as Taemin started to feed. 

You watched him as he fed; his eyes closed, his fingers barely holding your arm, the veins receding slowly. 

You smiled and closed your eyes, happy that you could finally help Taemin. He released your arm as soon as he felt you droop a little, setting it down on your leg. 

You cuddled up to Onew, resting the arm that Taemin had just fed from on your boyfriend's chest and looking up at him. He smiled at you and kissed your forehead, rubbing your back so you'd fall asleep and rest.

Minutes later, you were sound asleep with your head on Onew's chest, moving along with the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. The room was silent as the five brothers sat there, not moving a muscle. 

Finally, Jonghyun spoke up. "Hyung, maybe we should spend a couple days at ~~~~~'s apartment. Or maybe just she should sleep there, with us close by."

Onew's eyes widened. "And leave her alone? I don't think so. She's gonna get attacked."

"That's the whole point...” Taemin said after a small pause. 

"What?!" Onew asked angrily. "You want her to be attacked? She just basically saved your life. Your second one."

"Hyung," Taemin said, "Just shut up and listen."

Before Onew could say anything, Jonghyun began, "I'm saying that maybe we should try to attract this girl by leaving ~~~~~ alone." He said, putting quotations around the last three words with his fingers. "At least two of us will stay close to the building at all times so if she does try to get to her, we'll catch her."

Your boyfriend thought for a second; although he didn't want you being alone, Jonghyun's plan was smart. Maybe instead of venturing into her territory and not knowing what lurked in the shadows, she would sneak into yours and walk into a trap.

"How about we give it a week, okay? Every night, Jonghyun and Minho will go downtown and scope her out to make sure that's where she lives, while we watch our for any possessions or appearances. Sound good?" Onew asked, looking to all of his brothers. 

One by one they nodded, agreeing to wait a week before changing any plans. 

"Oh," Key said, "Jonghyun, Minho, tell us what you found out." 

The two males launched into a detailed summary of their recon mission, earning laughs when they recalled their experience with the female bouncer. 

At the end of their summary, the five boys said good night, walking up to their rooms. Onew lay you on his bed and pulled the covers over your body, then climbed under, looking at your sleeping face the whole time. 

When he finally got comfy and started to dose off, he kissed your forehead. "I love you, ~~~~~, and I'll protect you until the day I die. ...Again." He whispered. As you smiled in your sleep, Onew chuckled quietly and fell asleep soon after, holding your hand gently as he slept. 

--

~ "The Girl's" Diary Entry ~

10:00 p.m.

In the warehouse. 

Why is she all over Onew? MY man. He sired me, not her. I mean, he doesn't even care if she dies; she's human, not invincible like me. I could rip her heart out or break her neck in a second if I wanted to (which I do...). But I won't. For now. I want her to come to me (so I have less work of course). Stupid, foolish little girl. I will kill her, but not before everything she loves and cares about is dead and gone. Onew will finally see that I am the best fit for a girlfriend and/or wife and we can live happily ever after. Ah, I think I'll go to sleep with that happy thought in mind; maybe I'll dream of it. 

Sincerely, 

Young Choon~ 

~~

If you guys didn't get it, "The Girl" is Onew's ex/the one who has been terrorizing everyone. Sorry for any misunderstandings.