“Don’t hate on the dino.”

Your Artificial Heart

 

The ride to Onew’s was silent, but you could feel both of the boys’ eyes on you the whole time. You looked straight ahead, not wanting to meet either of their eyes.

As soon as Onew turned the car off, you heard a sharp intake of breath, “What the heck was that all about?” Taemin blurted.

You hesitated, and then began speaking, “When I went into the bathroom, these two girls walked in talking about another girl.”

You stopped, not knowing what to say. Onew lowered his head to the steering wheel and raised it again, “More details.” He waved his hand around in a circle, trying to coax them out of you.

“They were saying how some girl was all over some guy. ‘Him.’” You imitated the way they were speaking, and then continued, “They kept making him seem like some king, and then they kind of shot him down, like he did something totally unforgiveable.

“The girl though…” You paused, trying to think of the words to describe the way they were talking about her, “It was like she was their queen… Definitely in charge of them though.”

You immediately heard the wall of white noise you did whenever someone was shielding you from their thoughts, “Hey!” you yelled, “Don’t shut me out! If you two can hear it, I can too!”

They two boys met eyes for a brief moment then got out of the car. You followed them inside quietly.

When you stepped through the door, you heard a video game cranked (to full volume, you assumed), yelling, and the whistling of a kettle.

Onew walked in front of you and threw his jacket on a chair, proceeding to the living room, “YAH! Where’d you guys go?” Onew shouted out.

“HA HA~ I won!” You heard Jonghyun say. Taemin followed the noises and glanced into the living room. He ran in when he saw the game his hyungs were playing.

You followed Onew into the kitchen where Key was pouring some tea into a cup. He picked it up and then turned to the two of you, “Those two babos in there made me stop for some girls. I sat in the car for I don’t even know how many hours, just so they could flirt.” He said, with a bit of resentment, “I figured after all the time they spent cavorting, you’d be home.” He finished with an innocent shrug, holding the steaming mug close to him. You looked at the liquid in the cup and saw that it was red. When you sniffed the air, it smelled coppery… with a hint of lemon. “It’s blood tea.” Key confirmed, “Want to try some?” He extended the cup towards you and nodded with an innocent smile. You scrunched up your nose and shook your head. After a couple seconds of silence, Onew and Key exchanged looks and you heard the brief humming of white noise. You sighed and walked into the living room, sitting with the boys.

As soon as you sat down, Jonghyun tossed his remote to Taemin, “~~~~~! Are you okay? WOW~ Let me see your cast! Can I sign it?” You looked at him, amused; you could tell he was trying to apologize in his own crazy way. You kept staring at him until he caved, “Okay, okay. I’m sorry for ditching you for those girls. We are. But wow… those girls…” He trailed off with a devious smile. You smacked his arm with your cast as you felt the guilt he’d shown a second earlier, deteriorate, “Yah, yah!” He shouted, “Don’t hate on the dino.” Jonghyun joked.

You shook your head and turned back to the game. You saw Taemin’s skinny back stiffen as the T.V. shut off. Onew walked in with Key behind him. Minho turned around with his mouth open in protest, but his only dongsaeng’s face silenced him immediately.

You looked at your boyfriend who sat down beside you, putting one arm around you and grabbing your hand with the other. You looked up at his face while he started to play with your fingers, “Hyung.” Taemin said, lowering his head in your direction. You blinked at Onew until he took a breath and began talking.

“We think we know who the person is that has been terrorizing us.” Your eyes widened, but you stayed silent, “She was my girlfriend. I sired her.”

“Sire meaning he turned her.” Minho interjected.

Onew nodded and continued, “It was back when I had no regard for human life. I went around killing a lot of people. She was particularly different from all the girls in the era, and she caught my attention. I made her love me, then sired her. She became boring quickly, so I left her. She was obsessed with me, and tried to track me down for decades. I thought she’d given up by now, but she’s persistent. She was a difficult human, and I can only imagine she’d be a fierce vampire. I haven’t seen her for 100 years, but we can tell that she still has something for me. According to your encounters, she’s made friends, and not weak ones. We’ll have to be on the lookout.” He finished, searching your eyes.

You nodded slowly, “You’ll be staying here for a while. Minho, Jonghyun and I will take you home to get necessities and you will stay with one of us at all times.” Key said with a serious expression on his face.

You nodded again and got up, waiting for your “bodyguards” to follow and bring you to your apartment. You couldn’t call it home, though, because after all, this would become your new home.

~~

Sorry for any mistakes, I’m rushing and I wrote most of this at school -.- No comment about my titles, I have no ideas XD Thanks for reading; comment and subscribe please <3