Protection

Without Knowing It All

Song Suggestion: 천국과 지옥 사이 (Between Heaven and Hell)- BoA

Warning: Strong use of language and some scenes of violence.


The next morning, Suho continued to walk with Chorong starting from the street they met. He waved hello and flashed a smile. She at least acknowledged his presence.

"Hehe, at least you know I'm here. You know, you never did help me with that math problem."

Right after the guys had finished mopping, they all figured they should just go home. Eunji was on friendly terms with all of the EXO-K members after the incident, but Chorong was still on the edge. She knew they were nice and trustworthy, but she wanted to take more time and be more careful. She was still affected by what happened her freshman year.

"Which problem did you need help on?"

"88."

Chorong remembered which problem he needed help on because she actually had to put effort into solving it. Suho didn't even need to open the book before she wrote down the problem by memory and started solving it step by step. She wrote while walking, leaving puppy Suho to follow her in awe. Before he knew it, she was done and handed him the notepad.

All of her work was ordered, she labeled her steps, and even wrote little side notes to explain why she did what.

"Daebak. This is amazing. No wonder you're the top student." He took a picture of the solution and handed the notepad back to Chorong.

"In exchange, you should answer my English questions when I have any. You lived in America right? So you should be fluent..." Chorong held up her notepad to show Suho the message. He only smiled and nodded his head.

Their footsteps were in sync with each other's until they reached the school entrance. 

"Oh, Chorong!" Kyungsoo and the others smiled. Chorong bowed at everyone and smiled back. 

She didn't smile at me. Hmph.

"Annyeong!~" Chanyeol smiled.

Baekhyun fidgeted around before asking, "Eunji doesn't walk with you to school? I mean, she's your friend..."

Sehun laughed. "Why would you care?"

"I DON'T CARE. Aishh." Baekhyun cursed under his breath.

"Really now." Jongin shook his head. 

"By the way Chorong, I would love to help you after school, but unlike you, I'm not a genius." Suho sighed. "Hope you'll be okay by yourself."

She nodded and they parted ways.


Chorong headed towards the school library, only to find Hyuna and Hyunseung waiting for her.

"Well well well, the mute girl somehow got out of the restroom yesterday huh. Even cleaned it too. How the hell did you even get out?" She menacingly circled around Chorong.

"Not going to tell me huh?" She grabbed a firm hold of Chorong's uniform collar.

"You're even gutsier than before now? Tch, you're still powerless. Even when we graduate from this school, you'll always be under me. That's the way the world works honey!~" 

Chorong stared at Hyuna and smirked. "What's with that ugly face of yours. Wipe that smirk off your face and lower your eyes, ."

"Hyuna, Mrs. Lee's coming." Hyunseung warned.

"." Hyuna released her grip and pushed Chorong while at it, furiously walking away with Hyunseung. 

Mrs. Lee appeared as H&H left. Chorong respectfully bowed at her teacher before heading to the library. Mrs. Lee was very much in a good mood. It had been only a month since the first day of school and her views on the school were still very much the same. It was a utopia, and perfection was simply an understatement. 

Kwak Ji Sung, a teacher who had worked at Seoul High for six years had befriended her. Both taught senior classes, so they would always share their ideas on the lesson plans and helped each other out. He had noticed her greeting Chorong.

"You close with all of your students?" He handed her a cup of coffee. It had become a regular thing for Ji Sung to pick up coffee for her.

"Not exactly close, but I know all of them. Everyone's so nice to each other, it just makes my job so much easier. This school is defectless." She grabbed the coffee and took a sip. 

"You still have a lot to learn then." He pointed a finger a Chorong's fading figure.

"Especially that girl you just greeted, make sure you keep a good eye on her."

Confused, Bo Young eyed him. "Why?"

"I've been at this school long enough to see what really happens. Not to scare you or anything like that. Well, I'll leave you to your duties. See you." He walked away, leaving Bo Young to her thoughts.


After school, Chorong continued her punishment of cleaning building one. She was all alone, until she could hear the recognizable clacking of Hyuna's heels along with loud footsteps from Hyunseung... but today, there were even more heels.

Hyuna walked into the classroom first, followed by Hyunseung and six girls Chorong couldn't recognize. 

"Hi Chorong~ I brought along some new friends you might get along with!~ I'll just let you guys have a little bonding sesh, mmkay? Enjoyy!~" Hyuna walked out of the classroom followed by Hyunseung. Both decided it would be safer to lock the doors so no one could interfere. 

Chorong, hand in pocket, speed dialed Eunji and added a text to bring some of the scholarship students with her.

A girl wearing heavy eyeliner and bleached hair grabbed the phone and threw it to the ground.

"Yah, trying to text for help? This really has no brain. No doubt you do all of the male teachers for your grades. I heard you even tried seducing the female teachers before? Disgusting."

A short girl walked up next to the heavy faced makeup one. "Heol. Remember Jiyeon, we saw her trying to lure EXO-K with her supposed charms. Tch, what a low-life." The group had been driving to school when they noticed Chorong bowing to the guys.

The girl supposedly named Jiyeon laughed. "Oh yeah, excuse our manners, I'm Jiyeon and I'm only a junior. Sorry, I don't give a that you're my sunbae."

The others introduced themselves one by one. Hyomin, Eunjung, Boram, Qri, and Soyeon were all seniors from other classes. 

Pathetic, you have the junior lead the group.

Jiyeon snapped her fingers and on cue, Hyomin and Eunjung grabbed a hold of Chorong. She struggled against their grips. It eventually took a total of four girls just to completely pin her down onto the floor.

"You're an animal, aren't you?" Jiyeon smirked and stabbed Chorong's right foot with her stilletto heel. Chorong reeled in pain. "Just step away from EXO-K, especially Suho. He's not yours and never will be." 

Well he's not yours either... 

Jiyeon turned around, only to turn back to stomp Chorong in the stomach with her heels. Surprised by the sudden hit, Chorong coughed and her spit ended up landing right on Jiyeon's leg. Chorong felt the painful sensations shock her entire body.

"OH MY GOODNESS, THIS GROSS . EW EW EW I'VE BEEN CONTAMINATED BY POOR. I NEED TO BE DISINFECTED STAT! UNNIEEE!" She continued her petty screams until Boram dabbed all of the spit off with a hankerchief.

She slapped Chorong. 

"YOU SON OF A ! LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING! Let's make it ing clear. Keep your FILTH far, FAR away from EXO-K. Know your place, they'd never care for a ing piece of like you. They'e just too nice and look at you like a piece of charity work. Jung Dong Il huh? Eunji's father... I'm sure you wouldn't want him to get fired from Seoul Hospital when he's still in debt, would you? Because I can make that happen at the snap of my fingers. Daddy would love to fire someone. Ah, the difference between classy and trashy."

At the mention of Eunji and ahjusshi, Chorong exploded. A sudden rush of adrenaline spread throughout her body. She shoved the others aside and clutched tightly onto Jiyeon's collar. Although she couldn't talk, she mouthed with tears in her eyes, "Don't you DARE even TOUCH Eunji or her family, you ING ."

Jiyeon, noticeably shaken at the unforeseen attack, nervously laughed it off. "Y-y-you know what's so funny? I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING! You're MUTE. This is hilarious, a mute girl trying to talk." She grabbed a hold of Chorong's collar as well.

The click of the lock turned and Eunji entered. "Alright, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON." 

Eunji broke the two girls apart and ten scholarship students followed right after, armed with mops and brooms. "We've got some weapons of mass destruction with us, and you're outnumbered. Oh boohoo, spoiled brat."

The students behind her nodded furiously, waving their weapons in the air.

Infuriated at the sudden turn of events, Jiyeon charged through the crowd of scholarship students and walked off with her group.

Chorong was left helplessly crying on the floor; she wasn't even crying out of pain, but rather, out of anger. She didn't care about getting beat up, but the threat to ruin the family that changed her life made the beast in her snap. She wanted to protect them, just like how they protected her.

Eunji knelt down and tenderly hugged Chorong, petting her head to calm her down. She had heard the whole conversation as the group struggled to pick the lock. "It's okay Chorong, it's okay. My family will be fine. But, if hanging out with EXO-K brings so much trouble..."

Eunji had no intention of forcing Chorong to stop opening up to the 6 guys, she knew they were good people. But she worried for Chorong's well-being, life even. If word got out she communicated with them, the whole school would go into a frenzy. Only Chorong would only receive the short end of the stick, she'd be the one who suffers the consequences. She couldn't allow Chorong to go through purgatory again.

The other scholarship students that came along felt sympathetic at the sight. All of them had to go through their share of hardships, but none were treated as poorly as Chorong. At least they were treated like dogs. She was treated like utter .


EXO-K started walking together to a snack shop. They finished their homework early so they figured they should grab a bite to eat.

"You better be paying Suho." Kyungsoo pleaded.

The others nodded in agreement. "Pleasseeeee?"

Suho sighed and conceded to the pleads after they continued to complain. 

Baekhyun pointed at two familiar figures. One was supporting the other as they walked. "Isn't that Eunji and Chorong?"

"OH, it is!" Chanyeol excitedly nodded. "CHO-..."

Jongin shut Chanyeol up by covering his mouth.

"HEY, what's that for?"

Sehun flicked Chanyeol's head and pointed out Chorong was limping and relying on Eunji to get around. "Stupid. Learn to read between the lines."

"But there are no lines..." Chanyeol whined.

Jongin and Sehun tsked while rolling their eyes, leaving the poor puppy lost.

"Looks like she busted her foot." Kyungsoo noted. The group followed the two quietly and turned their attention to Eunji's one-sided conversation.

"Remember the quote I told you before? From that drama I watched?" Reminiscent of the past, Eunji began to recite,

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. If we live that way, all the people in this world will become handicapped. All those people that are rude to you, it's because they're jealous. Because you're so fortunate. So, don't hate them, don't be mean to them, and feel sorry for them."

Both had promised each other to memorize the quote and live by it. Chorong obeyed, which is why she never bothers returning hits even though she has the definite skills to. She always stays on defense. She resents her bullies, but doesn't hate them; she's too kind of a soul.

It was hard for Eunji to follow at times as well, she constantly watched Chorong being mistreated by the whole world, over and over again. It was a sick and repetative cycle of torture. She was tired of it, and disgusted at how human beings could be so despicable.

Eunji began to softly sing Taylor Swift's Mean... even if her accent was heavy. Chorong weakly smiled, remembering the happier, childish times when Eunji would sing and dance like a madwoman.

"You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me
You have knocked me off my feet again got me feeling like I'm nothing
You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard, calling me out when I'm wounded
You, pickin' on the weaker man"

Baekhyun couldn't help but join in and harmonize with Eunji. Startled, she stopped singing.

"AISHH YOU SCARED ME. YAH, BYUN BAEKHYUN." She slapped him on the arm.

"Owww. YAH, YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIT ME DO YOU? JUNG EUNJI."

Regret filled Eunji after she hit him. If someone had seen her smack him that hard, Chorong was finished. She turned back around and started walking with Chorong again, remaining silent. 

Worried, Suho walked ahead of them and stopped in their way. "Is Chorong okay?"

"Just mind your own business and leave us alone from now on," Eunji spat it a deadly tone. It was a total 180 degree change from when she chatted with them yesterday. "You're just going to make things worse for everyone."

Unconvinced, Suho looked at Chorong, only to notice one side of her cheek was red and her uniform was a mess. She looked up, staring right back at him. Her eyes were wet with tears as she shot him a glare. The agitated and pained look in her brown eyes left Suho aghast. He backed off and grouped up with his friends, watching the two girls walk further and further down the street until they were gone. The six guys were left mulling over what could have possibly happened.


A/N: Hurray for three day weekends so I can update quickly! Haha. Getting stepped on by a heel hurts like crazy -.- Imagine being purposefully stabbed by it o-o Probably will have only one update a week from now on, eep, I've only had so much time because of back to back three day weekends... Anyways, can you guess where that quote is from? It's golden and you guys should follow it too! :DD Comment and subscribe ^^ ggaepsong~