Hell

Without Knowing It All

Song suggestion: Stand Up- J-Min


The boy heard the booming sirens of the ambulance and police cars. He looked out of the window and through the crowd, a girl around his age caught his eye. He looked at her bloody, bruised body, while she just stood there. The street traffic was backed up due to emergency crews cutting off two of the lanes.

His mom noticed as he watched the girl full of intent. Somehow, he was intrigued by the look in the girl's brown eyes.

"Oh God, Joon Myun, stop looking! You're still too young to see such accidents." She pulled him back from the window, but her eyes could not peel away from the poor child. 

"Driver Lee, we'll still catch our flight to America in time right?"

"Yes maam."


"Okay Chorong! Here we are, your new house. Excited right? Yahh, we really bargained with the seller." 

Dong Il and Il Hwa by no means had enough funds to raise Chorong, they themselves were still slowly paying back their debt. They had checked all of the bank accounts left to Chorong, and found enough money to pay for her living expenses, although it wouldn't last Chorong forever. Chorong received additional money after she herself decided to sell off her family's house. It was too big and empty for her to live alone in anyways.

She managed to buy the small apartment room right next door to the Jungs, as the ahjusshi previously living there was getting married and needed a bigger house if he wanted to start a boisterous family. He was nice enough to lower the cost of the apartment just for Chorong as well.

"Wow, you have your own place to live, lucky. I have to live with my parents." Eunji pouted as she ran all over the room.

Chorong smiled as the rambunctious Eunji peered everywhere around the tiny living space. She was slowly but surely getting over her case of depression.

"Chorong ah, just come by our house whenever you want. Treat us like your parents... just people that live in a different house." Il Hwa hugged Chorong and gave her comfort.

"And ahjusshi will always be here too." Dong Il patted her head.

Overwhelmed with gratefulness, tears fell from Chorong's eyes. She knew she would be safe with the Jungs.

"Speaking of which, you should apply to the same middle school as me! Summer's almost over and you need to find a new school. Mine's great, you'll make a lot of friends and I promise it'll be fun! I can protect you." Eunji held Chorong in a head lock and gave her a noogie. Chorong's hapkido instincts got the best of her though...

"OW OW OW OW OW OWWWW! THAT'S NOT FAIR CHORONG, I NEVER TOOK MARTIAL ARTS." Everyone laughed at Eunji, and she soon joined in the laughter.


-The Present-

Chorong walked along the streets to school while listening to her iPod. It was the first day of her senior year. She was excited, because it marked her last year of hell. She accidentally bumped into someone while looking down to choose a new song to listen to.

Embarrassed, she quickly got back up and bowed her head to apologize, not noticing the stranger had held out his hand to help her up. She sped walk away from the male. 

"Wait!" The guy shouted. He wore a Seoul High School uniform, just like Chorong. She stopped in her tracks, growing nervous. The slender fingers once wrapped around backpack straps were now clutching tightly onto a cellphone.

"Do you think you could lead me to school? It's my first day and I'm not familiar with the directions... I'm a transfer student if you were wondering." 

She kept her head lowered and beckoned the new student to follow her. He understood her hand movement and started to follow her at a careful distance, noticing she didn't seem very comfortable with him.

When the two arrived at the school entrance gate, Chorong threw him a scrunched up paper ball and sped away to the school library.

He opened the paper ball only to find:

"Welcome to Seoul High School..."

He chuckled to himself lightly. She could have put a smiley face or something to make the message seem more welcoming...


EXO-K hurriedly rushed up to their leader once they found him walking towards the teachers' offices.

"Heyy, Joon Myun!" They all hadn't seen each other in 7 years, but they managed to keep in contact thanks to the internet.

Kyungsoo noticed a crumpled paper ball in his hand. "What's that?"

"Oh, nothing, just a welcome letter."

Chanyeol eyed the paper and laughed. "Dude, are you already getting love letters, Suho~? We're only early for once to give you a tour around the school. People still remember you from elementary, it's crazy."

Suho flashed his angelic smile at the others.

"Nice to know people still remember me."

"We all have room 3A, right? asked Sehun. The same-aged friends were always lucky to have the same homeroom.

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

"Great, because I hear we have the new teacher, Lee Bo Young is her full name." Jongin added.

"I hope she's pretty." Baekhyun sighed dreamily while the others rolled their eyes.


Lee Bo Young was excited to report to her first day of school. She had always dreamed of teaching at Seoul High School, and now she was living in the dream. Her job would be a lot easier since the entire school was strictly filled with only the brightest and well-mannered kids. The halls were filled with awards, trophies, as well as multiple news article clippings about the school placing first in terms of educational standards as well as emphasis on good moral character. Seoul High School was basically the epitome of perfection in the eyes of the public.

She happily walked to her classroom, 3A. As soon as she made her entrance, the students settled down and obediently faced the front.

"Hello class! I am Mrs. Lee, your homeroom teacher for your final year of high school! This is my first year teaching, so I hope to work well with you all." The students started to applaud.

"Well, I'm going to try my best to get to know every single one of you, so I'm going to take attendance. I must admit, it'll take me a while to put names on faces."

She went through the list, and everyone was particularly excited when she said "Park Joon Myun". 

"Oh, you must be really popular, Joon Myun."

"No, I just came back here from America after a couple of years. I guess everyone's just excited seeing me after so much time had passed."

The girls literally fangirled, while his friends just shook their heads.

Mrs. Lee continued to go through the list. "Park Chorong?"

As soon as Chorong's name was called, everyone burst out into a fit laughter. Everyone had been shouting "Present!" when their names were called for role call. 

Hyuna, the prettiest and most popular girl in the class yelled out, "Chorong ah, speak up! We can't hear youu~!" She spoke in an obnoxious, aegyo- filled voice.

Hyunseung joined in on the bullying. "WHAT? What did you say?"

Eunji yelled at the cackling class. "SHUT UP!!" She started cursing under her breath.

Mrs. Lee was totally unaware of why the others were making fun of Chorong. "Chorong?"

The class continued to howl with laughter even while Chorong held up her notebook for Mrs. Lee to read. However, she sat in the back, so Mrs. Lee had to squint to read,

"Sangsaengnim, I'm mute."

"Oh... I'm sorry Chorong. I didn't know. Hyuna, please don't say anything like that again, it's very rude." Mrs. Lee was already extremely embarrassed and felt stupid. She made the meanest mistake a teacher could possibly make on the first day of school.

"Awwww, sorry sangsaengnim, it was just a joke. Chorong ah, I'm so, truly sorry!~" As she sarcastically apologized, Chorong shrugged it off and continued on with her book. She was already used to it... Just one more year in hell Chorong, one more...

Suho and his friends were not amused with Hyuna's "joke", especially Suho. He snapped his fingers in realization. It all clicked.

Chorong was definitely the shy girl that had helped him earlier in the morning. The paper from her notebook was the exact same type paper used for the note and he recognized her figure. The long and straight dark brown hair with bangs just barely brushing against her eyes, brown eyes with long eyelashes, and a fragile looking body.

"Achem, class! Settle down and we'll finish attendance so I can begin the lesson."

Just as Mrs. Lee said, she began with the lesson straight after attendance. "Any volunteers to read to the class please?"

"Hey Chorong, maybe you should read the passage for us." Hyuna jabbed. The whole class started to laugh uncontrollably again.

"Enough! Hyuna, stand outside please and wait for me." The whole class stopped their laughter and chattered instead, while Chorong finally looked up to stare at Mrs. Lee. All eyes were on her.

Hyuna smirked, and soon enough, many of the other students giggled at Mrs. Lee.

"You'll regret it~" Hyuna said sing-songily while walking out of the room.

Mrs. Lee took in a deep breath and tried calming herself down.

What the hell is wrong with this school?


A/N: It took me a long time to write this, no joke, like a little more than 4 hours including editing. The story IS NOT based on real time, it follows it's own timing. No I don't hate Trouble Maker, I just randomly decided to use them. O_O I wanted to keep this chapter a bit on the "lighter" side.  And yes, I made EXO-K same age chingus lol. It's just easier that way. ><