Misconceptions

Without Knowing It All

Song Suggestion: Badman- B.A.P.

Warning- Strong use of language and scene of violence


"This dirty little bastard." Suho snarled. He grabbed a hold of Hyunseung's collar, while the latter only smirked in response.

"Whatcha gonna do about it, angelic pretty boy. Tch, the name Suho really does suit you. Guardian!~ What a joke. You should be the one on your knees right now, thanking me with eternal gratefulness for not capturing your beautiful face."

Baekhyun attempted to pull Suho off of Hyunseung to no avail. It was already a miracle that no one was in the gym at the time.

"Joon Myun-ah, stop it. You don't know what's going to spread if people see you like this."

"I knew it. Protecting a little like her isn't worth it dude. I mean, isn't ing her once good enough? Everyone knows what type of person she is. Pretending to be-"

In one smooth motion, Suho swiftly pinned Hyunseung up against the wall.

"Don't you dare speak like that, especially about someone you don't even know.  You're full of , you know that?"

"Come on, hit me. I dare you." Hyunseung smiled, provoking Suho. "Do it, pretty boy."

"Yah yah yah, stop it Joon Myun. Violence isn't the answer." Chanyeol pried Suho off of Hyunseung, but Suho managed to lunge at Hyunseung and punch him.

He shook off the pain of his hand and glared at Hyunseung, who was reeling in pain on the floor. Suho turned around, walking like a boss thinking it was a one hit K.O.

Wrong.

Hyunseung turned Suho's body back around and landed a punch right onto Suho's right cheek.  Suho rolled his eyes and lunged at Hyunseung once more.

Suho and Hyunseung continued to go at it, both landing a fairly good amount of attacks on the other. EXO-K couldn't separate the two either, as Hyunseung's crew stepped in and blocked them. They had their own battle to fight.

"YAH YAH YAH. THESE LITTLE TWERPS. GET YOUR BLOODY HANDS OFF OF EACH OTHER." Teacher Ji Sung ran over and broke the two apart from each other. The air suddenly became twice as tense and suffocating.

Hyunseung devilishly laughed and wiped the blood on his lip with a thumb. He proceeded to give Suho a thumbs down, irritating Suho even more.

"Just what the hell is going on?" Mr. Kwak held onto Suho's collar, disabling the student from moving. "Student Hyunseung, and just where in the world do you think you're going?"

"Tch. Teacher, I'm going home to clean these tiny little scabs of mine, if you don't mind. So long!~" He walked out of the gym, looking 100% carefree... although he only feigned to be okay in front of the others to look cool. As soon as he went off the school campus, he dropped his act and held his injuries in agony. "M-m-my b-b-beautiful face. OMMAAAAAAAA!"

Suho yelled in frustration as soon Mr. Kwak dropped his grip. He hyperventilated and desperately needed an outlet to release his rage.

EXO-K watched their trustworthy leader in silence. Mr. Kwak knew what was going on though. How could he not when he'd been teaching at the school for years?

"It's about the mute girl, isn't it?"


Earlier in the day

"No way, someone finally caught her in the act?"

"O.M.G."

"Dae to the bak."

"Heol."

"Big news."

"Eww, look at her acting all desperate and standing behind him all shy and stuff. These pictures too! It looks like mystery boy's gonna leave but then she just pulls him into her house. What a seductress."

"I knew she was a e. I wonder how she got away with no evidence of crime until now."

"But, I wonder who that guy was? All of the pictures don't show his face and it was night time. ."

"Move it move it move it. Let me see." Eunji hovered over the gossip girls' shoulders and looked at the pictures on their phone. "Nuh uh."

She grabbed the phone in disbelief to take a closer look. 

"YAH, get your dirty hands off my phone. Eh, it's Chorong's friend... what's her name.... ALKDJFLAKDLK;K FILTHY PERSON ALERT!. Ugh I'm not touching that phone ever again. Sohee, let me borrow your phone, I'm going to call my daddy to get me a new one. How ridiculous."

"Suit yourself then." Eunji shrugged her shoulders and dashed off with the phone, running to find Chorong in the classroom. 

She threw the phone onto Chorong's table and sighed. "That's who I think it is huh."

Chorong glanced at the phone before taking a closer look at the blurred photo. No way... how? She saw the picture of her when she had pushed Suho ahead of her as well as when she tugged on his arm to signal him to wait for some tea. The photos were misinterpreted and they looked deceiving.

"What happened yesterday?" Eunji questioned Chorong. "And who would take the pictures?"

 

Suho and the others all received a text at the same time, including most of the students around them. Everyone was hushed in silence at the news.

"Yah, Joon Myun... heol." The others looked at the photos in disbelief. Sent with the photos were captions.

1. Ah oppa, I'm sooo scared so I'll act cute walking behind you although I know hapkido.

2. Oppa, wanna come into my house for some tea? Want ramen before you leave? *wink wink*

The others eyed each other and tried to nudge the other to talk. In a hushed voice, Baekhyun asked, "That's not you, is it? I mean the figure looks exactly like you..."

Suho's insides burned. He nodded his head at the question. 

Jongin stuttered, "Y-you guys didn't actually do anything right?"

Chanyeol smacked him right in the head. "Dimwit."

"ing little pieces of . I'm going to-"

"Woah woah woah calm down Joon Myun." Kyungsoo sighed as he pulled Suho back. Their leader was rarely the type to swear unless he was that angry. "Explanations please. We're all lost here."

He spat his words all out at once. "ing Hyunseung and two others douches were trying to harrass her so I pulled her into an alleyway to hide then she got a little scared especially since Hyunseung smashed her phone into a gajillion pieces so she pushed me ahead of her when I walked her to her house then I was about to leave but she was nice and let me in her house for a bit to give me a cup of tea and some gaeran bbang and then this happened."

Sehun and the others were left speechless. "Heol..." 

"I know for sure this has to be Hyunseung's doing."

Chorong... Suho made his way, pushing through the sea of people. He made his way to his homeroom, already finding Chorong staring at the pictures in shock. Eunji had her arms crossed right next to her, shaking her head and sighing.

"This bastard... I'm 100, no 100,000% sure it was that -face's doing. Damn thirsty, raging hormone, erted males. Because they contribute so much to the society."

She noticed Suho by the door, watching their conversation. "Psst, Chorong, turn around."

Chorong looked behind her shoulder and saw Suho staring right back at her, his eyes were noticeably filled with some sort of emotion she couldn't quite define. It was a gaze she had never seen him have before. He walked up to her desk and knelt down next to her table to talk to her easily.

"I'm sorry. I swear if I get my hands on that dude I'll-"

She tapped on his shoulder to stop and pointed at her notebook. "It's all good. Pretty normal anyways."

He stared at her and Eunji, as both shook the whole ordeal off. It was the first for a picture, but it's not like they've never heard the same trash talk anyways. It made no difference to them.

"So you're just to sit there and take it?" 

"I'm used to it. You could say I'm immune to the misconceptions."

"But the school-"

Eunji rolled her eyes. "I've told you before, and I'll tell you again until this gets drilled in thathead of yours. The school does jack . We've tried fighting and such but nothing works."

Chorong slowly nodded and scribbled, "It's just one more year anyways... making a difference would be great. - If it were actually possible."

Suho couldn't believe his ears. "But, I'm still sorry though..." 

Chorong put her finger to her lips to signal Suho to hush. He silenced at once and watched as Chorong put the other hand to her ears. Listen.

"Tch, what's Suho doing talking to her? I know he's nice and all but he crossed a boundary that should never be crossed."

"Aww he's so nice... but seriously that needs to step away."

"Trying to seduce him too? How cute. , please, try and get on our level."

Chorong slowly wrote, "Listen to that?...I'm sorry too, so you don't have to help me or be compassionate anymore."

"Well, everyone knows the truth now, don't they Chorong? You poor poor girl. Resorting to sell your body for money? How admirable... admirably distasteful." Hyuna snickered and Hyunseng enjoyed watching the fire burn.

"Don't you think you're going too far with the teasing Hyuna?" Suho growled. "And Hyunseung, you dirty little douche. You really are thick-skinned aren't you?"

Hyuseung tsked. "Nuh uh uh. Hypocrite."

He drew near Suho's ear and whispered, "Says the one who had a fair with the mute girl. I know it was you, the one she seduced."

EXO-K rushed into the classroom and Baekhyun stopped Suho's hand from crashing into Hyunseung's ugly face. "Joon Myun-ah, calm down and watch yourself." 

The bell rang, preventing the scene from progressing any further. "Okay students, please go to your seats and let me take attendance."

Hyunseung smiled at the timing while Baekhyun could feel Suho's arm muscles tensing.

"Relax dude." He gave the infuriated male a tiny smile.

Suho sighed and sat down at his seat, grumpy. Throughout the rest of the day, the Hyunseung's image hung on his mind. To make matters even worse, the whole school was abuzz, eating up the hot news. Everywhere, everything, was pretty much about Chorong and who the mystery guy could have been. He wore a Seoul High School uniform after all.

He grew tired of the lists of possible people guessers made and slammed his hands on the table during lunch. EXO-K stared at him and mouthed. "Don't, Joon Myun." but he ignored them and shouted at the top of his lungs.

"IT WAS ME IN THE GODDAMNED PICTURE OKAY. CALM DOWN."

The crowd was silent before everyone laughed at Suho's sudden outburst.

"Pfttt, that's even more hilarious than the pics themselves!"

"He's so charming but he really is too cordial."

"You don't suppose he actually likes her right?!"

Suho gaped at the results and sat back down in frustration. Eunji slammed her lunchbox on the table and took the seat next to Baekhyun, making him woozy at her sudden appearance.

She hissed at Suho, "Yah, just what do you think you're doing. Just shut up about the whole thing would ya?"

"But it was me and it's my fault isn't it? I should bear the responsibility."

"Think about it this way then. What you're doing is commendable, but you're just causing more trouble for Chorong. At first things were bearable, but now people are going ape over your sudden declaration. They hate Chorong even more, genius, because you're being sooo nice to someone as ty as her and she seduced you and whatnot. Think of the consequences before you use that mouth of yours to speak."

With that, she left the table in a huff before turning back around to hit Baekhyun. "I saw you take a bite of my food."

He sighed and rubbed the back of his head in pain. The others couldn't help but snicker at their cute interaction. It was nice comedic relief after the day of stress and drama.


Back to the present:

Suho stared at Mr. Kwak. "What do you mean?"

"Please, I've been seeing how rabid the kids are getting with their phones. Those pictures right? Frustrated you can't do anything about them?"

"Teacher, do you have a solution then? I mean you are of higher authority and stuff so-" Jongin was abruptly cut off.

"I'm sorry, but I don't."

"What?"

"Listen guys, this is up for you guys to make a difference. Not just a couple of people, but a whole lot more. Let me tell you something I've learned from this corrupt school, administration and higher authorities are something you can never trust. People here are manipulative and greedy, and they have their lips sealed with many secrets. I've seen Chorong being bullied before, even helped her and reported it to the school before. But guess what? Even with me as a witness, they ruled in favor of the bullies and brushed the problem aside like dust. Not just that, I've tried helping the other scholarship students as well, but to no avail. Doesn't mean I've given up, but the solution, I think, lies within you guys. You the students have power to a certain extent. Combine it together to create something unimaginably huge." 

He walked away, but turned back around to add, "You two girls heard me right?"

Eunji and Chorong sheepishly walked into the gym, having eavesdropped on Mr. Kwak. "Oh, and one more thing.

"Don't give up fighting just because that's how the system works. Change the system. After all, no one should ever get used to suffering and pain. Like leprosy, being immune to pain will only kill you from the inside out."

 


A/N:

The despair that I hear in the darkness
The world that is ridden with fear

I will overthrow everything
This crazy world
I will change it
All you who close your eyes over money and threats, get out
On the news, everyone’s a public enemy
Psychopaths are crazily flying all over the place
This is a war against crime
I will repay you the exact same way
Tooth for a tooth, eye for an eye, remember those words
There’s no forgiveness in us

Badman- B.A.P.

UPVOTE, COMMENT (hooray for comments! they make me happy :3), and SUBSCRIBE!! <3