Trust

Without Knowing It All

Song suggestion: Run- Epik High


Chorong just needed to clean building one by herself for one more week.  It wasted a lot of her time; it took an average of 4 hours just to clean the building, even more if Hyuna and the others would purposely litter, stick gum on the desks, or clog up the toilets with paper.

Suho had also been using this time in attempt to get close to Chorong. He would always meet Chorong on the street they met. Despite his numerous attempts, they all ended up in failure. She would never respond to his one-sided conversations and never showed any reactions to his words either. Chorong was still unable to decipher what his true intentions were for trying to befriend her. She had had enough of "friends" who were only acting a show.

"Are you really going to keep ignoring me Chorong...ssi? It's weird if I use Chorong ssi since we're the same year. I can drop the honorifics right?" He wanted at least some  type of response from Chorong. He had no idea why, but he was very curious about her, especially when he stared into those deep brown eyes.

So far, no one other than EXO-K knew that Suho was trying to open up to Chorong. Chorong liked going to school early to read and avoid other students while the guys liked to have a short hangout session before class. 

As they reached the school entrance, Suho was taken aback when Chorong threw him the crumpled paper ball. She didn't exactly throw it gently like he did though. She purposely aimed it at his head to test his reaction.

"You finally replied to me huh." He chuckled, picking up the paper ball from the ground. Chorong was surprised at his response, she thought he would have thrown a fit for having hit his precious head. She sped walk away to the library in embarassment.

He laughed and smoothed out the crumpled ball. Chorong had written a neat message right next to his.

"What do you want? -.-"


"Make sure you clean this entire building well Chorong!~ You're so good at cleaning, maybe you should be a maid? Ha, that'd be a sight to see. We have a surprise for you in one of the restrooms!~ Look forward to it, okay!" Hyuna laughed and mockingly petted Chorong. She pushed Chorong's head with her finger and got up to leave, with Hyunseung right at her heel.

Chorong listened to music as she worked because it helped her concentrate and would refrain her from exploding. One bad move and she'd be in trouble.

Suho wandered to building one, curious to see if Mrs. Lee would still be at school. He heard Hyuna chatter before she walked out of a classroom with Hyunseung right behind her.

"Oh, Suho, what are you doing here at this time?"

"Just wanted to look for Mrs. Lee. Would you know where she is? I need help on something."

"There's a teacher meeting today, so you won't find her. Well, gotta go!~ Make sure you don't stay here too long!~"

Suho wrinkled his forehead. "Why?"

Hyuna smiled and yelled out "Just because!~"

She walked out of the building with Hyunseung. Suho shook his head and sighed. He didn't understand a math problem and no one else in the class knew how to solve it either.

He turned to leave when he heard a loud crash. Slowly, he creeped his way over to 2A, the classroom next to homeroom. [Classrooms are labeled like this= 1A, 2A, 3A, etc. The letter represents the hall and the number represents the classroom number.]

Suho peeked his head into the classroom only to find Chorong face down on the floor. She slowly lifted her head and noticed Suho.

Aishh Hyuna. Really? Purposely placing the mop right there so I would trip. What a coward...

Chorong rubbed her knees to avoid bad bruising. She was almost done with 2A, she was only left with cleaning the windows and scraping gum off the tables.

"What are you doing?" Suho was totally confused. The whole school knew scholarship students worked for their education, but EXO-K never seemed to bring it up before.

She took in a deep breath and took off her gloves. 

"You never heard? The two important rules scholarship students must follow in order to remain in the school on scholarship: maintain their grades, clean the school everyday."

He nodded his head in understanding. "So do you guys split the work or something?"

"Normally we split the halls but I have to clean all of building one myself this week as punishment."

Suho's eyes grew wide. "The WHOLE building?! That's messed up. Plus, you weren't lying when you said the door was closed..."

Chorong shrugged her shoulders. "It's normal, and what makes you believe me anyways? Rich+Influential> Middle Class/ Poor"

Figuring all of his questions were answered, she put back on the gloves and scraped off the fresh gum with a scraper. Rather than leaving, Suho walked past Chorong, towards the side of the classroom. He started to spray window cleaner on the windows and wiped them down in an awkward motion. It was blatantly obvious he never actually did any chores.

Chorong couldn't help but break a small smile at his efforts though. She took the piece of cloth from his hands and pointed at her smooth motions, going in the same direction in order to avoid odd streaks. She sprayed another window and wiped it down, using just enough of the cleaner to make the windows shine. Suho had sprayed way too much on the one he worked on.

He sheepishly smiled at Chorong and scratched the back of his head. "Hehe. Whoops."

She went back to scraping the fresh gum off the desks. By the time she was done, Suho still had one window left.

"How do you work so fast?" Suho asked in amazement as he finished wiping the window.

She leaned against the wall and held up her notepad. "Years of experience."

Chorong rolled her cart of cleaning supplies to the next classroom which was their homeroom. She stopped for a moment and started writing.

"You know you can leave..."

"I'm fine, you'll have to return me a favor after though."

"Then no. Just leave."

Suho smirked at her stubborn attitude and laughed. "I just need help on today's math lesson, that's all."

Chorong eyed him before deciding to just go with it. Chorong did a majority of the work while Suho just wiped the windows and cleaned the whiteboards.

As they went to the restrooms, Chorong paused momentarily and started writing. "You know I could get in trouble if someone finds out you helped me right? It's supposed to be a punishment that I do on my own."

"Well, I voluntarily wanted to do it, so you shouldn't get in trouble. I'm getting experience from this." Chorong was slowly warming up to Suho. His optimistic attitude no doubt had a positive effect.

They first went to the women's restrooms, but Suho stayed outside in embarassment and waited for her in the hall.

"Oh, Joon Myun, what are you doing here?" Jongin walked over and stared at Suho. The latter smelled like chemicals.

"Hanging out with Chorong I guess?"

"First of all, you smell really bad. Like a mix of all those cleaner things they use to disinfect stuff. What's the point of trying to get close to her anyways?"

"I don't know. She looks lonely, and everyone's so mean to her. It's as if she's been hurt to the point where she's used to it."

"Well, it's probably been like that since forever then. Gotta go back, I only dropped by to grab my textbook. Bye!" Jongin walked back to building four, towards the library.

Chorong came out of the restroom pretty quickly. Odd... Nothing was jacked up here.

Forgetting about Suho, Chorong slowly rolled the cart down the hall, wondering what the two devils could have possibly set up. She opened the door to the restroom before Suho stopped her from entering.

"Isn't it kind of weird you have to clean the male restrooms too?"

Chorong just shrugged her shoulders and wrote, "Used to it. Besides, the scholarship guys deal with the girl restrooms too. It's only fair."

She entered the bathroom first, with Suho following. He was about to step ahead of her before she pulled her arm out, blocking his way. Before he asked, she handed him her notepad.

"Don't do anything stupid. They've set some crazy stuff here. Just stay behind me."

Unafraid, she kicked open the first stall, only to find it normal. She cleaned and scrubbed until she was at the last stall, figuring the trap would be there. Again, the stall was normal. Strange... very strange. 

Hyuna and Hyunseung laughed as they stuck a sign onto the male restrooms. "PLUMBING PROBLEMS. USE OTHER RESTROOMS." They high-fived each other before locking the restroom door with the lock. Chorong heard the "click" of the lock. Suho was oblivious to the faint noise. 

Chorong calmly walked over to the door and tried to open it, but it would not budge. .

Suho came next to her and tried opening the door as well. "Oh, what's going on?"

Is this why this guy's been trying to get closer to me? Is he the spawn of Hyuna and Hyunseung? He's not going to do anything is he?

Before they knew it, the water from the toilets started flooding the whole bathroom. The double H's had purposely jacked up the plumbing themselves in order to leave Chorong stuck in the bathroom flooded with water. Plus, she would have to take responsibility for the damages.

A little bit shaken at the unusual situation, Chorong backed away from Suho. It was too much of a coincidence that he was with her in a locked room.

Noticing her nervous behavior, Suho tried to calm her down by putting his hands on her shoulders and telling her to breathe, but she stepped away from him in suspicion.

"You don't think I actually planned this do you?"

Still apprehensive, Chorong truthfully nodded. It was natural for her to believe that he had been only getting close to her for a setup like this. 

He took in a deep breath and sighed loudly. "Look, I don't know what happened to you before, but right now is what matters. Just trust me! I'm not going to do anything to hurt you."

That word, trust. It had such a ring to it. Unfamiliarity, and it held empty meanings to her.. Other than having trust in the Jungs and scholarship students, everyone else was untrustworthy. 

Trust... or not to trust...

She grabbed her notepad and scribbled furiously. "I'll call my friend. You should call your friends too. They could probably get someone to get us out of here."

Relieved Chorong believed in him, he nodded. Eunji immediately ran to Chorong using the GPS location system while Suho told the others his location. Eunji and EXO-K both ended up arriving at the restrooms at the exact same time.

Completely out of breath, Eunji clenched the side of her hip. She glared at the 5 guys. Angry and having misunderstood them as the troublemakers, she started yelling at them in satoori, throwing in a few swears.

Annoyed, Baekhyun countered her Busan dialect with his Gyeonggi dialect. "YAH, rude people like you, aishh. We don't what's going on either."

Still pissed, Eunji frantically hit the door, "Chorong-ah, you're okay right? That bastard isn't doing anything to you right?"

"YAH OUR SUHO ISN'T LIKE THAT. Aishh, really I'm going out of my mind. AND THE DOOR IS LOCKED, BANGING IT WON'T HELP." Baekhyun exploded.

Eunji stopped banging the door and stepped away, her feet splashing on the water that leaked from the inside. She screamed at Baekhyun and smacked his arm. "THIS LITTLE BASTARD. WELL THEN GET HELP."

Chanyeol intervened with his tall height before the two would get into a fist fight. He dragged the both of them by their collars and kept them separated. "Sehun, you know where the keys are right?"

"Of course." Sehun nodded and ran off to grab the keys.

"Guys, you're getting us out right now, right?" Suho yelled through the door. 

"YAH, pretty boy! Lay a finger on Chorong and YOU'RE DEAD." 

Before she could continue yelling, her message tone rang.

"Calm down and breathe. It's fine, he's not doing anything. H&H ended up messing with the plumbing somehow, so it's flooded. Other than that, it's okay."

Eunji took in a deep breath and stayed quiet until Sehun came back with the restroom keys. It wasn't like Chorong to trust someone so easily, especially after everything that's happened at this school...

As the doors were unlocked and opened, a wave of water flooded the hallway. The two came out of the restroom, their feet completely soaked with water. 

"Aish, those es. They really..." Eunji grabbed onto Chorong and started to dramatically sob.

Chorong nodded and bowed respectfully at EXO-K. "Thank you guys." 

Rather than leaving, Chorong grabbed a mop and handed one to Eunji.

"Aww Chorong, why?"

Chorong shook her head and started mopping all of the water away. Eunji sighed and started to mop as well. They had to clean the mess, unless they wanted to be in major trouble.

The EXO-K members were surprised the girls were mopping the mess up and began to feel sorry for their situations. Baekhyun silently grabbed the mop from Eunji and Suho took Chorong's. The other guys grabbed four more mops and started cleaning up as well.

Watching the guys work hard to mop, although all of them were terrible at it (none of them had ever mopped before), changed Chorong and Eunji's views on them. Maybe they were different from the others at school. Just maybe.


A/N: Lalala~ These chapters are long. o-o Comment and subscribe!