Heaven

Without Knowing It All

Song suggestions: Never Ending (끝이 아니야)- Loveplaylist(프로젝트 연플리)


"You did it." Suho patted Chorong on her head as she shyly made an "X" mark with her arms.

"No, we did it. Together." She warmly smiled at her friends as they proudly held onto each other's shoulders, feeling empowered through the sense of accomplishment.

Graduation had to go on despite the unexpected turn of events, but luckily, all of those involved in the speech stunt still received their diplomas. After all, it was too late to reverse any of the damage that had been done. The reporters were certainly getting a kick out of the juicy news.

No doubt Principal Kim and many of the administration were under careful watch throughout the rest of the celebration. It was only a matter of time for the members of the administration to break down and confess to all of the dirty lies they hid behind the closed doors. 

Meanwhile, the friends could only laugh, cry, and hug each other after the official events of graduation finished. Their high school graduation was just one chapter of their lives, they still had many chapters to go. From college, parenthood, retirement, and beyond. They weren't sure if they had truly brought change to the school, but they were confident they shook the status quo because they stood up to their beliefs and fought for what was right.

In the end, no matter what, they knew they had each other to count on. And that was the most comforting assurance any of them could have ever asked for.


"Everything's on me today, so just comfortably eat up! I feel like I haven't contributed much despite the storm that has happened this year." Sehun raised his glass of soda up in the air and everyone cheered, their shouts filling up the rented-out pork belly restaurant.

"It's fine, you're contributing to my stomach!" Bomi laughed and started to stuff the meat into .

Chanyeol swirled his glass of water around. "Don't you guys feel odd that after what happened just a couple days ago, we have to live today like any other day. We just wake up, get ready, meet, and eat together. Shouldn't we feel, I don't know, different? New? Especially after something so big happened in our lives?"  He sighed before scrolling through the news on his phone while drinking water. He wasn't the only one checking news updates while partying.

Kyungsoo slung his arm around the giant's shoulder. "Life goes on. We're all friends and that's what matters. Just eat and stop your chatter." He shoved a piece of meat into the latter's mouth.

"Someone in particular is becoming a star." Naeun pointed towards Hyuna, who could only laugh out of embarassment.

The public took an interest in the congressman's daughter who had admitted to her past faults, yet in the end, stood up for her friends. Sure, there were still netizens that attacked her past as a bully and targeted the congressman as an unfit role model, some even wanting him to resign. Despite this, many sympathized and were glad she openly confessed her wrongdoings while helping the scholarship students. They admired her courage to speak the truth and recognized her effort to change. 

Chorong had also become a hot topic as the "mute girl," although she did not authorize the press to release any of her photos or information. She felt that what she had done was enough and didn't want any extra attention if her identity was revealed.

On the other hand, Principal Kim's situation wasn't so hot. He received heavy criticism from the public and keyboard warrior netizens were on fire. In the end, he resigned after having a mental breakdown over the pressure from both the public and the school board. 

"It's amazing how everyone turned their backs on Principal Kim so quickly. I hope his sorry gets dragged for a while." Naeun giggled.

"I'm just glad nobody's diplomas were taken away," Taemin spoke as he reached for a piece of pork belly, "now everyone can peacefully go to college and hope that only good things happen from now on."

"You guys know what's the scariest thing out of all of this?" Jungkook leaned in and beckoned those at his table to listen, while those sitting at different tables got up to listen in.

"The other kids at graduation actually kind of supported us." He immediately covered his mouth with his hand and gasped, half-jokingly, half-seriously.

"I think I'm going to be sick."

"Goosebumps."

"Oh my days."

At once, everyone jokingly exclaimed at the ridiculousness of the whole situation.

"Do you think they did it to look like good people?" Chanmi pouted her lips.

Eunji shook her head. "We'll never know. Maybe they actually had the heart to care about us, maybe they did it to save face. People like to do things out of their own interests, whether it be being a genuinely kind person or faking it for a show. Aside from that, we did our part to spread awareness, so we can only hope that people and their hearts change for the better."

"Woah, we're getting too serious now. We should be having fun, we just recently graduated!" Baekhyun exclaimed as many of the friends cheered in response.

"It's fun to see everyone rowdy and getting along so well." Chorong nudged Suho, who read her words. "I was afraid that today would feel even the slightest bit odd, but like Chanyeol said, it's almost like any other day. Just extra partying."

Suho watched as Chorong enjoyed herself, laughing with friends and cheering before drinking their sodas. Before he could realize it, when she smiled, he smiled too.


"Just wait here, Baekhyun will pull his car over." Eunji walked off with her boyfriend, hand in hand, as they headed towards the first and new car he received as a graduation present.

Chorong smiled as the two bickered even while holding hands. She took a deep breath and looked up into the night sky, a bright glimmer in her deep brown eyes.

"Want to tell your parents something?" Suho stood next to her and watched as the whimsical facial expression changed into a sweet glance.

"Just want to tell them how I feel lucky to have so many great friends by my side and how glad I am that everything is over."

Before Suho could respond, Baekhyun pulled his car over while Eunji rolled down the window. 

"Actually, Suho you can drive her back safely, right? Okay thanks bye!" Baekhyun put the pedal to the metal as Eunji stuck her arm out and waved.

"Those two will never quit it, will they?" Suho chuckled as he glanced over at Chorong, who's jaw had dropped at the rambuctious behavior.

"I guess I'm driving you home." Suho smiled and jokingly held his hand out in front of Chorong, who only gave a cheeky smile and actually took his hand, much to his surprise. 

"Don't worry my lady, this chauffeur will bring you back home safe and sound." 

Chorong shook her head at the lame role play and slowly pulled her hand off of Suho's, who could only watch her hand slip away. His mind went blank before he snapped back into reality and opened the car door for Chorong.

As usual, the two did not chat aduring the car ride. Only music from the speakers played in order to fill up the otherwise silent ride.

"I'll have to park on the street as usual, but I'll walk you all the way back to the front of your door." Suho spoke as he skillfully parallel parked. 

After he opened the door for Chorong and they walked together, he began to sheepishly rub the back of his neck.

"How were you planning to get to campus for classes? Public transportation?"

"Probably. I don't really have any other alternatives." Chorong shrugged her shoulders, but it was obvious to Suho that she couldn't stop smiling. The corners of were always up, indicating she was very much in a cheerful mood even though the party had ended. 

Suho stuttered, "You know, if you'd like, I could always drive you to and from campus, I'm sure our schedules would be similar. We could carpool with Baekhyun and Eunji too if you're more comfortable with having more people and I-"

Chorong stopped in her tracks and paused, facing Suho, causing him to stop and turn to face her as well. Slowly and gently, Chorong began to pet Suho on the head and looked into his eyes with a sweet expression that melted his heart. Rather than writing, she mouthed, "Thank you for everything. You've worked hard and I appreciate it a lot. I know you care and watch out for me a lot more than I thank you for. I'm really grateful for you, even though I know I don't express it as much as I mean it."

Suho felt her words come to life as he could only stare at her lips as she spoke. He understood what she was trying to say and softly grinned at the random message of thanks.

Once the two reached Chorong's door, Suho watched her back turn towards him.

"Chorong."

"Yeah?" She spun around after opening the door and looked up into Suho's eyes, questioning why he suddenly turned so serious.

Suho tenderly stared at Chorong before leaning in for a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"I'm really proud of you and everything you've done. Just wanted to let you know that."

Chorong felt her cheeks blush and her heartbeat quicken. 

"Ah, wait, shoot!" Suho stuttered and anxiously rubbed the back of his neck in frustration. "If that was burdensome or you feel uncomfortable, just let me know and-"

Chorong reached for Suho's hand to signal him to stop his nervous chatter. She calmed him down by first staring into his eyes in reassurance. Lightly tip-toeing, Chorong gave him a soft kiss on his cheek.

Without a moment of hesitation, Suho wrapped his arms around Chorong as she hugged him back. She felt warm as her face buried in his chest while he comfortably rested his head on her shoulder.

"Park Chorong, I really like you."

"I like you too, Joon Myun."


A/N: i can't believe it's over.

lots of things have happened since i started writing this story, so even i can tell my writing style changed throughout. inconsistent, but it has been a long 3 years. thank you.

my story isn't that great, but thanks for sticking until the end.