Rise Against

Without Knowing It All

Song suggestion: Feelings Fade- gnash


"OW ow ow ow ow. It hurts!"

Chorong rolled her eyes and conceded to Suho's complaints of pain. She gently blew onto his busted lip in order to lessen the stinging pain of the disinfectant. While fixing Suho up, she pondered over the words of Mr. Kwak. Don't give into the system and change it huh... easier said than done.

"I think we've all been curious for a while," Kyungsoo began, "but why are the scholarship students bullied? I mean, we've had our speculations but..."

"It's pretty much just as you think they are," Eunji began, "their reasons to mistreat us are stupid and illogical if you ask me. What are we, in the 17th freaking century where status is everything? We're long past that kind of . Money and social status should mean nothing, yet it persists as one of the most preeminent problems in the world. People fought for equality and they died hoping that at least their future generations would get a taste of it, but nope! Bam! Those imbeciles ruin it for us all."

Chorong nodded in agreement and held out her notepad.

"Since most of the students are made of money and have prestigious family backgrounds, they think those two things are most important when it comes to determining a person's character and worth. Like what Eunji said, the world still very much discriminates against those with less. That's the cruel society we live in after all, so the kids here basically apply those worldly thoughts to school as well. They're born into cut-throat families that teach them to do whatever it takes to survive. We should have known better than to expect some utopian school... Oh and some, I'm pretty sure, have more personal reasons for bullying us. I wouldn't know those reasons since... well, they're personal. But there should never be any reason to bully another. Violence and bullying only stems from cowardliness."

"Besides, you've ruined my life, so I'll be sure to return the favor. I'll repay you with hell."  Chorong tilted her head at the sudden memory. What did she mean anyways... I don't recall ever doing anything to her...

Sehun nodded his head at the two responses. "Makes sense I guess... But then, didn't Mr. Kwak mention he's tried helping you before or something?"

Chorong nodded. "Hyuna and a bunch of other girls decided to gang up on me, and they attempted to beat me up to a pulp. He saw them trying to attack (but I was dodging, obviously) so he dragged all of us to the office to report the incident and he even wrote up a witness report. But, Principal Kim said that there was 'insufficient evidence' and left it at that. He brushed the whole ordeal off like it was nothing, like it never even existed. Well at least thanks to that incident, I was able to find out in detail why the school doesn't pound a hammer a justice. The greediness of mankind scares me, but Mr. Kwak has treated all of us scholaship students with nothing but kindness. I can tell he tries his best to help us when he can."


Flashback to sophomore year-

Chorong silently creeped back to the principal's office, as Kwak Ji Sung was still inside, arguing over the results of the case. The door was cracked open a bit and she listened very carefully to the ongoing debate.

"This does NOT make any sense whatsoever, Principal Kim. The results simply do not cut it, especially with the standards set up for such a prestigious school as this-"

"Exactly Mr. Kwak." Principal Kim interrupted. "It's that we are such a prestigious school, we cannot allow rumors of bullying to be spread. Imagine what an impact it would have on our reputation of being number one."

"So you're just going to let this go on? They were getting violent on this poor girl, one who can't speak on top of that! She couldn't have possibly even called for help if she needed to! I've seen hoobaes disrespect the scholarship student sunbaes for crying out loud. You're letting all of this slide? Just for the sake of protecting the school's image?" Mr. Kwak yelled in incredulity.

"Achm. How should I say this in a way you can understand Mr. Kwak? Those kids will eventually need to face the real world. Rather than giving them a taste of a sweet life, I'm having them swallow the bitter and cruel reality of the world. I'm preparing them for the bloody, merciless, pitiless world early. I'm the one doing them a favor here. You see Mr. Kwak, companies, coorporations, even our school, run on money and power. Without it, we wouldn't be where we are now. Scholarship students don't provide our school with anything other than brains and free cleaning. The others on the other hand, ohoho, although they are not prodigies like the scholarship students, they are certainly triple threats. Smart, extremely wealthy, and exude an exuberant power in the society. They give us, the school, what we need to survive amongst other competitors. We have the best students of the best, funding for all of our programs and equipment, and power through just our name value. I'm sorry to say but these are the tricks of the trade, Mr. Kwak. I can't believe an intelligent man as you wouldn't know such basic, elementary rules of how the world runs. Anyways, the parents even gave us money as charity to cover for their kids anyways. I don't think we should disappoint them, should we?"

"What a greedy bastard." Mr. Kwak muttered.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, nothing. I think I understand now. I'll leave you to your duties then." Mr. Kwak walked out of the office, his mind unable to comprehend the inordinate desires of the school.

Principal Kim proudly gruffed and comfortably plopped into his seat, satisfied with his little speech. He took a sip out of his mug only to burn his tongue with the scalding hot coffee. Needless to say he choked on the liquid too.


The Present:

Not just Suho, but all of EXO-K grew angrier the more Chorong wrote about what she heard come from the lips of the principal that day. 

Chorong added, "I know those are Principal Kim's reasons, but I'm not sure if the district or administration are even informed of the mishandlings..."

"Hey Chorong, I think we should tell them about Hyunseung. Remember that one time? It was the most decisive moment that showed the both of us exactly how messed up society is." Eunji laughed before turning serious again. "It's funny yet messed up at the same time."

Flashback:

Chorong stared at the ugly purply-blue bruises all over her arm. Yesterday, Hyunseung cornered Chorong and gripped onto her wrists with all of his strength, giving him the ability to beat her up. It was the first and only time he'd ever have a chance to do that though.

"You're weaker than I thought Chorong. And I thought you had the strength of a man." He tightly gripped onto her wrist and pushed her against the wall again, ready to beat her.

Never, ever did Chorong even imagine she'd ever kick someone in the balls. But she did. Chorong felt like Hyunseung didn't deserve kids anyway, he would be a terrible parent. She nonchalantly walked off as he gripped his area in pain, sweating bullets.

The day right after their little encounter, a random ahjumma stopped Chorong in front of the school entrance as she was about to leave.

"Excuse me, you're student Chorong right?"

She nodded at the mysterious lady, who wore a bunch of expensive, designer brand clothing. "Do you need help ahjumma?"

"Ahjumma, huh? I dare say this child... I'm Hyunseung's mom. And I don't appreciate the fact that you were violent with him missy. He told me everything. You need to control your fists and keep them to yourself, it's very unladylike. I would like you to apologize to him and just know I will be taking this to the school administration. They need to do something about people like you... Ugh. People harrassing my fine child. He's too nice." 

Hyunseung actually stood behind his mother, nodding his head at every word, even smirking at Chorong. He seemed proud that he tattled.

What. the. actual. . Chorong's mind flooded with a bunch of curses. You bring YOUR MOM into this? Holy . Momma's boy much? Tattle tailing was so second grade. And you shamelessy even smirk at me you thick-skinned pig. YOU BEAT ME UP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND YOU'RE COMPLAINING THAT I KICKED YOU IN THE NUTS ONCE. OH MAN I'D STOMP THE OUT OF YOUR SACK OF BALLS IF YOU EVEN HAVE A PAIR. GAH.

Unable to unleash her anger in front of the elderly, she spitefully wrote, "I understand ahjumma, but I hope you understand your son isn't perfect. He hit me too, so I was only attacking him out of self-defense, which is, I believe, LEGAL. I would take it to the law, but I'll spare you the logistics and take the punishment." Your brain's probably too small to comprehend anything dealing with the law anyways... ugh I really should stop having such evil thoughts. I'm turning into one of them.

With that, she pulled up her sleeves to show off the bruises, bowed at Hyunseung's stunned mother, and walked away. Chorong did get in trouble with the school and had to apologize to Hyunseung in front of  his mom and Principal Kim, but she still felt it was worth it. He couldn't walk properly for a week.


"I felt ashamed for disrespecting his mom a little, but I do have to admit I'm still proud of kicking him there." Chorong smiled, reminiscing the victorious day.

All of the guys, although they were bitter that Chorong got in trouble, laughed to the point where tears came to their eyes. 

"Hahaha H-h-he actually c-c-called his mom?! Bwahahahaha!" Chanyeol tried to speak properly while laughing. The others were busy mocking the situation as well.

Jongin pointed out, "No wonder that week he walked so awkwardly. Oh my goodness it was because of you!"

"That was exactly my reaction when Chorong told me. It was hilariously stupid." Eunji chuckled. 

After a couple good minutes of amusment, Suho cleared his throat. "Let's go guys. There's something we have to do."

"Where to?" Sehun stared at the leader. He looked like he had a plan.

 

Eunji choked on her milk tea and Chorong's eyes widened.

"Your dad owns this company? Daebak, we really are on different levels."

Kyungsoo nodded shyly. "Guess Suho wanted to get Chorong a new phone. Hyunseung smashed yours right?"

"But... I really shouldn't take it."

Suho rushed out of the store branch, handing Chorong a bag. "You need it. I picked up your SIM card the other day so all of your information should still be there. I added my phone number in there just in case and set the G.P.S. system up for both me and Eunji to locate you."

"But still."

"No more buts, you're taking the phone. I don't think you'd be safe without it."

Kyungsoo nodded his head. "My dad wanted to exchange my phone model to the newest one, but I don't need it, so it's free either way."

"See, everything's good. Now let's walk you home. It might still be dangerous." Suho smiled and dragged Chorong along the street.

Eunji giggled. "The way home is that direction. Way to look cool Suho."

EXO-K snickered at Suho and he let go of Chorong, embarrassed. Even Chorong smiled at his silliness.

 

As the eight of them reached Eunji and Chorong's apartment building, they noticed a couple of girls wearing their school uniform at the entrance of the apartment.

"Ohh my Buddha... We're in for some deep aren't we." Eunji grumbled.


A/N: Find the Hyunseung part where he tells his mom on Chorong ridiculous? Well, would it be even more ridiculous if I told you that happened to my friend? -.- Mind-baffling. 

This chapter was just to mainly explain more backstory as to how the school truly runs and  to lay a stable foundation for the friendship of the 8 people. I felt like they needed to bond more to really show how close they've become since the beginning. They still have a long fight ahead of them.

Ooh ooh, and guess what? I have no hw this weekend since I had testing so yayyyy, means I'll have another update soon, the quickest by tmr, latest by Tuesday. Heeheehee. ><

UPVOTE, COMMENT, AND SUBSCRIBE ^^ Thanks for reading!