Lies

Without Knowing It All

Song Suggestion: Hello To Myself- Yenny

Warning: Some strong use of language and a scene that alludes to self-harm. It's not too bad though...


Chorong walked to school alone; she and Eunji never walked to school together since Chorong preferred arriving early to have some free time to read. Eunji on the other hand... well, she preferred arriving a minute before the bell would ring.

Chorong leisurely walked in her neighborhood while listening to music, oddly bobbing her head to it or mouthing the words once in a while. After a certain point, the humble houses and buildings in Seoul grew more and more elaborate as she neared school.

"Excuse me?" 

"Excuse me?"

...

"Chorong ssi?"

...

He walked up to Chorong and put his hand her on the shoulder. Instinctively, she grabbed the guy's arm and twisted it in a split second.

Huh? Him?

"Ow ow ow ow ow. Chorong ssi, I would appreciate it if you would let go of me!" She made a face of disgust and threw his arm back, walking away from the male.

After holding his arm in pain and complaining, he quickly caught back up to Chorong and started walking next to her... making sure not to get too close though.

"You really don't recognize me?"

She gave the male a blank stare and wrote onto her notepad.

"Park Joon Myun. You're in my class. Why?"

"Woah, you write really fast." He watched her in amusement. Assuming she would open up to him, he flashed his classic angelic smile.

Rather than warming up to him, she continued to walk away. You're probably just like the others...

Suho caught up to her and continued to walk alongside of Chorong. "How's your lip? Your cheek was really red too, but everything seems okay today." Suho observed her face, but what really caught his attention were her eyes. 

Annoyed, she loudly scribbled onto the notepad to emphasize her frustration. "Why are you walking next to me? And that is none of your business."

"You really don't recognize me huh. This is our third time meeting, excluding the class room."

Wait...the library and right now are only two. Is he really just dumb or am I missing something? Confused, she wrote back, "Isn't it only our second time?" 

Suho purposely ignored the question until they reached the school entrance.

"Oh, Suho, over here!" Baekhyun and the others beckoned him in their direction.

"Coming!" He turned back to Chorong and grinned. "Here." A ball shaped object flew into her hands. He quickly walked away and waved goodbye.

She stared at the crumpled paper ball he handed her in confusion. That new kid was him... huh... She opened the paper to find a new note next to the one she wrote.

"Annyeong, I'm Park Joon Myun, but you can call me Suho as in Guardian."

He drew an awkward looking pair of angel wings along with a halo as well. 

Chorong unknowingly smiled at the message, but then quickly frowned. She crumpled the paper and threw it into her backpack. Was he really trustworthy?


"Chorong ah, we're back!~" Hyuna popped her bubble gum and walked over to Chorong, who was busy cleaning the windows of the classroom. Classes had passed by like a breeze.

Hyuna took a seat on a desk and stuck her gum onto the table. "You missed a spot~"

Chorong ignored her and continued to wipe the windows. "Yah, you should respond by at least writing to me or something."

Again, she was ignored. 

"Well, you're off the hook today, I don't have any time to waste on a piece of like you. Hyunseung does though. I don't even see what that silly boy sees in you. Bye for now~" Her lips devilishly curved upward and she walked out of the classroom, closing the door behind her, leaving Chorong and Hyunseung the only two in the classroom.

Hyunseung stepped towards Chorong in a slow, tantalizing manner.

"It's just us two in here."

He walked up to her and whispered into her ear, "I've heard what you've done, your service. Maybe..." 

She stepped away and plucked off the gum Hyuna left on the table. Noticeably pissed for being ignored, Hyunseung grabbed a hold of Chorong's wrist in a strategic position so she could not pull a self-defense move.

"You've gotten way too obvious with your attacks. They just don't work anymore. And if you dare spit on me again, I'll-"

Fearless, she stuck Hyuna's chewed up gum onto his hair. In shock, Hyunseung let go of her and she ran out with the supplies, making sure to close the door.

As she ran away, she could hear Hyunseung curse out loud.

"THIS ING . WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS, FIRST HER NASTY SALIVA AND NOW STICKING A DISGUSTING PIECE OF GUM ON MY HAIR. , IT'S STUCK. I JUST GOT IT ING CUT AND STYLED TOO."

Well that disgusting gum wasn't chewed by me now, was it. Chorong couldn't help but snicker and feel a little proud. As she neared the end of the hallway, someone called her out.

"Student Park Chorong, stop right there please." A booming, authoritative voice filled the hall. 

Ohh .

Principal Kim walked up to Chorong and pointed at Hyunseung. "I saw how you treated student Hyunseung through the door, and that was rude and disrespectful. Even sticking gum onto his hair? I expected better behavior from a top student, let alone one who's on a scholarship." He spoke to Chorong in the most belittling tone she had ever heard. "What do you have to say on your behalf?"

She shrugged her shoulders and simply wrote, "He harrassed me."

Principal Kim made a gruff noise and cleared his throat. His eyes turned to Hyunseung and he yelled, "PARK CHORONG. That is NOT an acceptable excuse. You know how low of an accusation that is? I saw what was happening, and yet you dare tell a lie?"

At that point, a huge crowd of students had gathered around the scene, one student having heard Principal Kim call Chorong out. He texted the whole school about the juicy news.

"She's such a stuck up ."

"Really now, 'he harrassed me'. No one believes a ing impulsive liar, she's just crying wolf. Plus, isn't she a e anyways?"

"Yeah, she probably just didn't want to be discovered giving service so she lied, too bad Principal Kim saw everything. I hope he's a wise enough man to see we need to get rid or people like her. I still can't believe we have scholarship students. The class difference between people like us and people like them is painfully easy to see.."

Suho and his friends had also gathered around, learning all of the commotion during study time in the library. 

With one look into Chorong's eyes, Suho instantly knew she was not lying. 

"Man, what bad timing for the principal. I don't think she'd lie about something as serious as harrassment." Kyungsoo whispered to the others.

"She's definitely NOT lying." Suho hissed back. He glared at Hyunseung, noticing the little devil himself had smirked and started to complain to the students how Chorong was acting promiscuous around him, tugging onto his uniform necktie and begging for a taste of his lips. 

Chorong wrote on her notepad slowly and loudly on purpose so the crowd's attention would focus upon her again. With every , her marker would squeak. When everyone finally waited for her to make a move, she slowly raised her notepad.

"But, Principal Kim, how could you see what was going on?"

The students gasped in surprise, as well as Hyunseung. However, Principal Kim was noticeably the most nervous out of everyone.

"W-w-what, so you're saying I'm lying?"

"Not necessarily... but the door was closed. Was it not?"

Principal Kim froze. All eyes were on him. 

"Well, I think you're wrong Chorong. The door was, achem, clearly open."

Suho could tell Principal Kim was lying right through his . Principal Kim kept stuttering and avoided Chorong's constant glares, blinking all the while, obvious signs of a liar. EXO-K knew he was blatantly lying as well.

The students were a little unsure themselves, all noticed the principal's actions signalled him to be lying. However, a majority remained in denial. It was the honorable principal verses the mute after all.


"Chorong, as punishment, starting from tomorrow and for the continuing two weeks, you will have to clean building one all by yourself. I will let the other scholarship students share their duties, as they have been staying out of trouble unlike someone."

[Building one is halls A-F, building two is halls G-L, building three is halls M-R, building four is halls S-U; the library is located in building four and takes up the space of halls V through Z. Keep in mind this is a top notch school, so obviously the campus is huge, filled with not only classrooms but a huge library along numerous facilities like lab stations, computer rooms, etc. Plus not all halls have 10 classrooms.]

She respectfully bowed and made her way out of the principal's office. 

Again, favoritism and money rules. It's not like it's been the first time anyways...

Students had crowded around the office, hoping to hear her sentence, but they could not hear a thing through the thick doors. Ignoring the crowd of people, she made her way to the school library instead.

"I'm never sitting there again."

"Why does she come here if she doesn't even belong?"

"Doesn't she feel awkward herself for coming into a place where no one will even dare to approach her?"

Chorong hurt a little from the comments, but purposely blocked out the noise with her earphones. Music made things all the more bearable. Especially with noise-cancelling earphones.

Suho sat on the same table with his friends as yesterday. He observed Chorong from the distance, noting her considerably calm aura. She had completely tuned the world out, living in her own little fantasy.

After five hours of homework and studying, Chorong absorbed all of the lessons and packed up to go home. Reading and writing had come relatively easily to her, she had been reading and writing ever since she was at the young age of 2. Her inability to speak only benefitted her in terms of academic skill. Basically, her brain was a sponge that soaked up everything.

Suho watched her get up in disbelief. "She's already done with her homework and studying?!"

"Yep." Chanyeol replied. "No doubt, the top student. I think it's probably because she had to write and read at a young age to communicate with others. Unless her tongue really got... nevermind."

Sehun nodded his head in agreement. "She's always been rank #1. Test scores, overall grades, everything."

"She literally can read 100 words in practically a second, it's scary. Her writing is almost ten times faster than us too since she always writes as a way to speak. She's like a robot." Jongin added.

Suho's mouth gaped wide open as he stared at Chorong in awe. "And I thought we were geniuses..."

"Yep, just goes to show there will always be people better than you in life." Baekhyun noted.


Chorong cried and cried, but no one could hear a peep from her. The students continued to beat her mercilessly while venting out their anger.

"It's not fair you don't have to prepare a speech like everyone else and you only have to write two more pages than us for full credit. That's too easy. Public speaking is way harder than writing an essay."

"Yeah, thinking you're better than us by correcting us during class? So what if the calculation I did was wrong? Know your place and keep your mouth, no, your hand to yourself."

"That was a lame comeback dude."

The girl rolled her eyes at her friend and continued on.

"You're nothing. And we heard you sleep with the male teachers just to earn your grades. What a . No wonder your mom killed herself. I would kill myself if I had to be your mommy. Absolutely pathetic and disgusting."

In tears, she helplessly lay on the bathroom floor, paralyzed with fear. She painfully forced herself to get up and dragged her body back home, making sure to lie to Eunji that she was fine and was going home early.

At home, Chorong tended to her injuries before throwing the medical box down in frustration. She wondered to herself , "What's the point of even trying to heal myself if I'm going to get hurt again anyways?" 

Thoughts swarmed through her head as she evaluated her life. 

"Why does everyone hate me? Mom hated just the idea of me, and the other kids hate me. Mom killed herself just because...of me. The whole world hates me.. I'm done with life, I don't want to be tortured anymore. I've put up with it for years...

She slowly opened the nighstand drawer and pulled out her mother's old pocketknife, the shiny blade begging her to...

 

While hypervenilating, Chorong arose from the nightmare, which was a flashback to her freshman year in Seoul High. She wiped off the sweat and tears that had collected on her face. With the faint moonlight shining through her window, she pulled her pajama sleeves to reveal scars on her wrists. Chorong opened the drawer and stared at the dreadful object, the pocketknife. Right next to it was a note to herself.

 

"Stay strong. You CAN'T let them get to you. It's your life to live. Fight... just keep fighting. Don't care about the that happens. Lose the battle, but win the war. Live for you, not for anyone else."

 


A/N: There's still a whole lot of backstory to Chorong, she's a very complex character if I may say. This school is ridiculously huge -.- sorry about that. I'm terrible with chapter names, gahh.