Expelled

Without Knowing It All

Song suggestion: 얼음들(MELTED)- Akdong Musician (AKMU) [The MV is gold. The lyrics and the song as well.]


"Student rights, section 6, clause 3. The principal and all staff must not use verbal or physical abuse on the students. You should know that, right? You are the principal after all. I think everyone here can testify you just broke one of the rules by speaking with such disgusting intent to harm one's emotions." Suho walked out from the back of the stage and didn't even need a mic for his voice to resonate throughout the whole crowd. EXO-K followed along with unamused faces.

Principal Kim swallowed his saliva and gulped it nervously. Suho smirked and continued.

"And to answer that question for Chorong, all of us are her voices to speak. She doesn't need a voice to talk, we'll speak for her. It's not like she has no way of communication either." The scholarship students nodded and glared at the Principal.

"That's right!"

"We'll be Chorong's voice."

"Who said you need a voice to have rights to speak anyways?"

Touched, Chorong threw her notepad to the floor with a slam, aiming it right next to the principal's feet.

"This is how I speak." She sent a piercing glare, holding in her tears of emotion.  it up Chorong, don't you dare let a single tear drop. 

After having held her anger in for a long time, Naeun finally pointed her middle finger at him... behind Taemin's back.


Time dragged on, and no one spoke for a long while. Chorong was still a bit shaken and Eunji was trying to comfort her. Everyone was too preoccupied in their own personal mess. The girls were crying while the guys were raging, their insides on fire. They had all been escorted off stage and the fuming principal was taken off as well.

It was a possibilty they would be victors in the battle for justice, but  there was an equal opportunity for failure as well. 

Choa softly began, "So, what do we do now?"

"I don't think they'll let us off... all of our hard work flushed down the drain just like that." Namjoon sighed.

"Stupid piece of a principal." Naeun began to curse. "Why the are we in trouble if he started this all? Isn't he going to get punished for his actions as well?"

Jungkook shook his head. "They're probably going to go by protocol and have a meeting with the teachers and administration, not to mention the school board as well. It's all up to them. Our future is in their dirty hands."

"We all agreed to stick together no matter what, didn't we? We all knew what was coming at us if we performed and spoke to the crowd. But to me, it was all worth it. Wasn't it?" Jonghyun questioned in practically a soft whisper.

Eunji nodded, teary-eyed. "No matter if the situation changed, we've changed."


In the board room, Principal Kim sat at the head of the table as the school board took to the other seats. The teachers who taught the scholarship students were there as well, along with the administrators.

Vice Principal Oh cleared his throat before starting off the meeting. "As you know, we're having a mandatory meeting about what happened earlier. The kids seem to have gone overboard with their actions, not to mention the fact that the Principal also broke student rights. Principal Kim, any words on your actions?"

"Achem, well, I did it to protect this school. After all, what would people think if word spread that students were being quote and quote, bullied, at such as school as ours? We rank first in academics, first in athleticism, first in school environment, we're basically on top of everything. We've been in the top 1 percent of this nation consistently ever since I replaced the last principal, am I not correct?"

The staff murmured amongst each other, some shaking their heads at the words while some nodded in agreement.

Principal Kim noticed the smidgen of unbelief and continued on. He had to get them to his side in some way, no matter what. 

"I will apologize to the scholarship students, especially to student Park Chorong. I will graciously accept any punishment, as it was wrong of me to speak in such a rude manner. After working for so long at this school, this was the first offense I have ever made while leading the students." He stood up and bowed 90 degrees.

The board nodded in agreement at his statement. It was only his first blowup, his first known mistake. Other than this "one" particular incident, he was the person responsible for keeping Seoul High's image up to par with the standards of transcendence.

"However, the students should not be able to get away with anything either. They were a nuisance to the school festival and jepeordized our image as a whole."

Mrs. Lee glared at Principal Kim. This bastard... pretending to be so nice and then trying to inflict harm onto the kids again. That's not happening under my account. 

Administrator Joo began to speak. "As for your punishment, Principal Kim, the school board will go ahead and make a decision themselves. I do believe that we should begin with the trial for the scholarship students together, though."

Administrator Kang stood up. "I do not believe these kids should be severely punished. They should be warned to never cause such a ruckus, but I think their message should be heard. I never once thought that bullying, or injustice for that matter, would occur at our school. If we want to continue being the best school, we must fix our current problems to improve. The quality of the school must live up to the expectations set by the public."

Mr. Kwak agreed. "I have personally seen the bullying occur. I have even reported many incidents, but nothing has ever happened. We need to tighten up a bit."

"But, how come no one else has seen it but you?" Principal Kim smirked.

"Don't be so quick to judge, Principal Kim." Mrs. Lee rolled her eyes. "I saw something happen just today. A couple of students ganged up on one student, even resorting to violence by punching her.

"But I don't see any reason as to why the group of girls would hit someone unless the 'victim' had provoked them in one form or another." Vice Principal Oh pointed out. "It could have been started by the lone girl."

"It's still wrong to resort to violence, no matter what reason, unless the opponent strikes first and you need to hit for self-defense. Also, how could just one girl cause a group to attack her? There's something missing in that picture" Administrator Kang reasoned.

"We're clearly going to have to take our time with this issue. Everything is debatable and nothing is clear as of now." Principal Kim reasoned. "Let's continue to carry on next week."

A school board member sighed. "Let's all have some time to think over the weekend. Meeting adjourned. We'll continue this discussion another time."

Principal Kim grew relieved and smiled to himself on the inside. 


Life went on for the scholarship students, and rather than being bullied, people simply ignored them instead. It was quite a relief for the students, knowing that their plan had somewhat worked. Isolation was better than having to deal with vile words and punches.

Life was unfair. The scholarship students accepted that fact, but they didn't want to accept their fate. Their hearts grew stronger, and they didn't lose hope. It was hell having to wait for the school jurisdiction. The only happiness they held onto was the fact that Principal Kim had been suspended from his position for a week.

Chorong was not faring well emotionally for the nth time. She began to close herself off from the world again by writing less, as well as turning back into a cautious person. She wasn't depressed or weak, she was tired. With all the time that had passed since the incident, she knew without a shadow of doubt where the verdict was headed anyways...

Finally, a week had passed and Friday had come around again. 

"All scholarship students, please report to the vice principal's office after school. All scholarship students, please report to the vice principal's office after school."

It's been decided. Chorong smiled bitterly and all she could think of was the announcement.

The scholarship students  close friends walked together towards the office after school, nervously holding each other's hands for support and comfort. EXO-K followed behind with slow, trudging steps.

"Hello students." Vice Principal Oh was sitting by his desk... with Principal Kim next to him.

"Student Park Chorong, it was my mistake and I deeply apologize for having said such horrendous things to you at the festival. I hope you'll forgive me." He bowed but had a disinclined look on his face.

I'll never forgive you, you bastard. Not now at least. Chorong rolled her eyes at the fake, half-assed apology.

Vice Principal Oh cleared his voice. "After a long and careful deliberation, we have finally reached a verdict. Teachers were excluded from the decision, only the school board and administration had a say in the final vote. However, before I tell you guys your fate, we all decided  we would like you students to officially apologize to the school for having almost ruined our reputation and causing a ruckus during the school festival."

"There's already a flaw." Yoongi spat. "You guys never asked us about our stories, about the hell goes on in our daily lives in school. You have only based your verdict on what you've heard, not what you've seen and heard. Everything about your verdict is probably one-sided and fake. This was the exact thing we were fighting against at the festival, but I guess our messages were disregarded."

"And, you're not receiving an apology because we've done nothing wrong. We aren't sorry for anything we've done. They were done for a purpose, for a cause that needs to be heard." Eunji fought back.

Vice Principal Oh sighed. "You kids sure are difficult to work with. I hate to break it to you guys... My deepest regrets, but-"

Principal Kim held up his hand and grinned. "I'll say it."

"All scholarship students are from here on out expelled from Seoul High School."


A/N: Short update. If they succeeded so quickly it'd be superr unrealistic, because I'm sorry Mr. Paulo Coelho, THE UNIVERSE DOES NOT CONSPIRE TO HELP YOU. Be ready for the storm... but remember after every storm, a rainbow appears.  :) It's angst we're talking about here.

Please continue to show your support by upvoting, commenting, and subscribing. I really enjoy reading the comments... but LOL Chorong was born mute, there's nothing more to it.  ;P

Thank you for all of the love I've been receiving! *bows 90 degrees*

12/8/14 update: hurray, an update! :) i'm tired. *rubs eyes*