EXO-M

Without Knowing It All

Song suggestion: Heart Attack- EXO-M


"I suggest you guys leave now. I don't care who you all are, or where you're from, all I know is that I can call 119 and press serious charges. They can range from assault if you were here to beat me up, or for trespassing because this apartment complex allows only apartment owners into the building unless stated otherwise by a resident. Leave, now. It'll spare you the explanations to the police and the embarassment."

With one read of the threat, the girls scurried away, not wanting to face the consequences of the law.

", I don't wanna be sued."

"Stupid private grounds, we'll get our chance at school."

"Yeah!" Eunji joyfully high-fived Chorong. "Oooh, Park Manager, you know your stuff." 

Chorong smiled and waved goodbye to the six onlooking guys. Truthfully, Suho told me that... 


"Yah yah yah, I heard EXO-M's visiting again this year! Kyahhhh!"

"Twice the hotness in school. Oh goodness the delicious eye candy!"

Eunji and Chorong stared at each other and laughed. They walked towards the library and were soon joined by Naeun.

"What's with all the talk about EXO-M?" Naeun looked at her unnies with big eyes, curious as it was her first time hearing about them.

"Boy do I have a lot to say. They're basically the EXO-K of China, therefore the M for Mandarin instead. Their school is also the number one high school in China as well, Beijing High School. But two of the members in EXO-M are Korean, Jongdae and Minseok. They went to Beijing High School as exchange students and have stayed there since. Since our school is in close association with Beijing High, we sometimes have trips visiting one another's school. Seoul and Beijing students noticed the resemblance of their 6 guys respectively since all of them were smart, athletic, and extremely handsome. They seemed so 'external' being so perfect, so the schools came up with 'EXO' to represent the 12 as a whole, EXO-K and EXO-M when separate. It used to be 11 but now Suho's back from America soo... It's pretty confusing but I think you understand. Right?"

Naeun stared at Eunji in attempt to grasp the confusing explanation. "Uhhh, I guess I understand?"

Chorong rolled her eyes and snickered at Eunji. She drew a couple of diagrams for Naeun instead.

Beijing High School (#1 in China)= Seoul High School (#1 in Korea)

EXO-K (Korean)=EXO-M (Mandarin)

EXO-K+EXO-M=EXO

EXO- they seem too utterly perfect to be human, so EXO is just a nickname to show how "external" or "alien-like" they seem, if that makes any sense. I don't know, that's all I can grasp from a hyperactive fangirl's mind.

Naeun nodded her head. "Ohhh, makes sense now, thanks unnie!"

"Yah, so I didn't explain it well enough?" Eunji glared at Naeun.

"Stop your bickering and let's just study." Chorong shook her head. The three took a seat at their now regular table. No one else ever dared to even go near the table anymore, so they were always isolated from others. It was quite nice actually, they didn't have to listen to the hiss of whispers or gossip girls.

Chills suddenly ran through Chorong's body as she felt a cold hand grip her shoulder. She shuddered at the touch.

"Chorong ah~ We haven't had enough play time together. I've missed making fun of you. Hyunseung has too." Hyunseung nodded his head in agreement and his lips. 

"You haven't seen the last of us. After all, we still have about 7 months until graduation. 7 more months before... actually, I'd still see you, wouldn't I." He smirked and leaned in towards Chorong's ear. "You'll be working for me after college, who knows what?" 

"Move your big fat head Hyunseung." Suho noticed the little commotion and brusquely walked to the table. "What do you two exactly find so fun about picking others?"

"Aww, she has people protecting her! How adorable~" Hyuna cooed sarcastically.

"Better than someone who needs their mother's protection." Suho smirked. Hyunseung's face turned a bright tomato red and his pride was literally smashed within seconds. 

Eunji, while giggling, whispered the entire story to Naeun, forcing Naeun to muffle her laughter as well.

"YAH, what are you guys laughing at?" Hyunseung yelled in embarassment.

"Unnie told me a very funny story about an old coward who called on his mom for help. Want me to tell it to you?" Naeun joked in a mocking tone.

Hyuna rolled her eyes, knowing what they were laughing about. Hyunseung couldn't follow her properly the whole week. "ing Hyunseung. Well, in the end, the innocent person took the blame anyways. Ahh~ Isn't irony so lovely!~ It'll only continue to be that way, so don't bother thinking about equality. You guys will never amount to any of us normal kids." 

Or maybe you guys are just the abnormal ones... Chorong rolled her eyes.

The two H's walked away, hand in hand. Surpisingly, Hyuna had finally agreed to Hyunseung's constant pleas of becoming a couple. They were now official and their fame and chemistry were no joke. Both seemed to have a mysteriously y aura together, enchanting the students as they walked down the halls together. 

 "They really are a well-matched power couple. Good-looking, rich es... I mean achm. Well, then again, Hyuna's smart but Hyunseung's kind of a compared to her so I wonder how that'll work out. I thought Hyuna would have higher standards than a pig brain like him. He's always pining after new girls even when he has a girlfriend."

Suho eyed Eunji mysteriously. "Oh, umm, well, it's just Hyuna's always focused on school and stuff so I figured she would want someone just as smart as her... that's all, I swear."

Taemin walked over and joined the group. "Hey Suho!" They fist bumped like the norm and smiled at each other.

Surprised, the three girls stared at the two, puzzled.

"Since were you two such good friends?" Naeun asked.

"Not just Suho, but EXO-K's been treating all of us pretty well. You know the guys sometimes come around and help us when the arses themselves come and mess with us? It's been a while since they've been protecting us from the harm. All of the scholarship students know them by now, you guys didn't know?" 

Chorong's eyes widened before she smiled. "Thanks to you guys, the school environment has been getting less and less hostile. They know you guys dislike the bullying so they don't dare to mess with us out in the open anymore. The kids are more discreet with their attacks now."

Eunji frowned. "That's true, but it's not a stable long term solution. The guys are seniors, just like us. When they graduate, no one will be left to watch the underclassmen. It's not going to be an easy battle if we want long-term results for the rest of our hoobaes." 

Suho nodded his head. "Aside from that, I will assume you guys have heard the news about EXO-M right?" 

The four eyed each other before Suho leaned his head towards the group and whispered, "Actually, they just arrived today, but no one else knows. Tomorrow's a Saturday, so I figured it'd be fun for all of us to hang out together. I think they can help us with your little predicaments too."

Chorong held up her notepad. "How can they help?"

"You guys will see."


After Suho and Baekhyun finished their now regular routine of walking Chorong and Eunji home, the two met up with their four friends along with EXO-M at Jongin's house.

"Hey guys, long time no see!" Suho was ignored by everyone as the group was busy greeting each other. "Hmph, just like old times, you guys ignore me."

Kris draped his hand over Suho's shoulder. "Well, no one respects you, that's why."

Everyone laughed, leaving Suho feeling smaller and smaller by the second.

"Anyways Suho, the guys have been saying that you know a mute girl. What's going on there?" Yixing nudged him creepily and winked.

"And Baekhyun has been wayy too obvious with his puppy love. I don't even know who she is but he keeps talking about her." Minseok poked Baekhyun.

"YAH! That's... am I that obvious?" He ruffled his hair. "Aish!"

"How can we be of service with their problems?" Jongdae questioned. "You did say that we're going to meet them tomorrow right?"

"There's going to be so many of us in one place. Didn't you say they have only 25 scholarship students? Our school is made up of 20% scholarship students, you guys have odd ratios." Yixing commented.

"Well, I guess we can see what we'll do with those numbers." Luhan sighed.

"I can't believe your school has such stupid problems. I never noticed even though we've been to your school so many times. Bullies are damn discreet nowadays." 

Chanyeol nodded at Tao's statement. "Even we didn't notice earlier, so that's obviously a huge problem in and of itself."

"Well, we can come up with a plan tomorrow then." Suho stated firmly. The guys nodded before Jongdae broke the stiff air.

"Okay guys, it has been way too long. PARTAY!"


Chorong, Eunji, Naeun, and Taemin met up in a coffee shop after Baekhyun messaged Eunji to invite the other 21 scholarship students as well.

List of Scholarship Students:

  • Kim Seokjin 
  • Min Yoongi
  • Jung Hoseok
  • Kim Namjoon
  • Park Jimin
  • Kim Taehyung
  • Jeon Jungkook
  • Lee Jinki
  • Kim Jonghyun
  • Kim Kibum
  • Choi Minho
  • Yoon Bomi
  • Kim Namjoo
  • Oh Hayoung
  • Park Cho Ah
  • Shin Ji Min
  • Seo Yu Na
  • Shin Hyejeong
  • Kwon Mina
  • Kim Seolhyun
  • Kim Chanmi

 

"Let's group text them, that would be a lot easier than calling them individually." Taemin suggested. "We're going to have a huge group tomorrow if everyone goes." 

"Just text them first and see if everyone's up for it." They all typed out a message and waited for replies while sipping their warm drinks. Immediately, Taemin's phone was flooded with texts. He scrolled through the messages and smiled. "Almost everyone has agreed, although some are reluctant. Just waiting on a couple of more replies and we should be good to go."

 

All of EXO arrived at the park, since it would be only place big enough to hold 37 people. It was still early before the meetup time with the scholarship students, but the guys decided to have their own catch up time since it had been so long.

Soon after, they noticed two girls, one with holding a huge notepad and the other simply chatting away.

"Yah yah yah, I can already tell which one Baek likes." Minseok snickered. Eunji was carrying the whole conversation nonstop while Chorong would just nod her head and write a couple of phrases from time to time on her notepad. 

Suho waved his hand and beckoned Chorong and Eunji over. He smiled at Chorong's appearance, it was different seeing her in casual wear rather than a school uniform.

"You guys are pretty early too. Well, I guess it'll be easier to introduce the members one by one then. That's Yi Fan but he prefers Kris, Luhan, Yixing, Minseok, Jongdae, and Tao." 

"I'm Kris, the leader of EXO-M because I'm just awesome like that." Kris greeted himself with the utmost pride and confidence.

"Hi, I'm Minseok, one of the Korean members. Nice to meet you guys." Unlike Kris, he was more shy with his greeting.

"I'm Luhan, and I consider myself the manly member of the group. They're all too girly." It was odd, he had the cutest face and yet considered himself the manliest...

"My name's Yixing. Uhmm, I'm Chinese and yeah..." Out of the group, he seemed the most out of it and tired.

"Jongdae, I'm Korean as well. But my Chinese is getting there too." He smiled proudly.

"I'm Panda AB Style Tao. Nice to meet you guys!" Tao's dark circles were very evident and he seemed like an odd kid.

Chorong awkwardly bowed at the others while Eunji wasted no time in introducing herself.

"Hey hey hey." Baekhyun intercepted her approaching handshakes. "They get it. You're sociable and nice." The guys snickered at Baekhyun's jealousy while Eunji glared at him.

"Tch, I can't even have a friendly handshake. What a waste, they're so handsome." EXO-M snickered at Eunji's open attitude and attempted to initiate a little skinship to get Baekhyun riled up.

"YAH! Stop touching her!" He pulled Eunji behind him and slapped away the hands that tried to shake Eunji's.

Overall, Eunji conversed with EXO-M very well; Chorong on the other hand continued to be timid and stiff the whole time. She was a little more sociable compared to before, but she still liked to keep to herself. Years and years of bullying, discrimination, and lies easily affected her social nature. Suho noticed Chorong's nervousness and stayed by her side throughout the conversation.

Tao, the weakest at Korean, attempted to ask Chorong a question about her experiences with bullying, but he stumbled and wrote down his question in Chinese in order to have the Korean members translate it. Before they could translate, Chorong tapped onto Tao's shoulder and held out her notepad.

"从小到大很多人都欺负我。。。"

[Starting from a young age to now a lot of people bully me...]

Suho stared at Chorong's response and stuttered, "Y-y-yah. Chorong-ah, you know Chinese?" The others gaped at her in surprise while Eunji burst out laughing.

"Yeah, it's really random, but she's crazy. She read a lot of Korean culture books and since Hangul was initially based upon Chinese characters, she ended up learning a lot of Chinese. She knows how to read and write a good amount, but she doesn't know the spoken language at all. Even if you spoke in Chinese right now she wouldn't understand."

Chorong nodded her head and awkwardly fidgeted around. 

"That's cool." Kris spoke in wonder. "It's hard learning new languages, coming from a genius like me, who knows four languages. Very admirable."

Jongdae spoke as a matter of factly, "But even my Chinese character reading skills are catching up to you, Duizhang." The EXO-M members snickered.

After some more talking, the time finally came and all 23 of the other scholarship students showed up.

Considering the fact that EXO-K was so outgoing, the scholarship students had no problems connecting with EXO-M. The groups talked to each other and had their introductions before a deep voice spoke out.

"So, why did you guys call us out? I mean, I understand you guys want to help us about the bullying situation but I'm pretty sure there's nothing we can do about it. School is school, it'll always be unfair to us with less." Kim Namjoon began.

"Besides, why do you guys even want to help us? It's suspicious." Yoon Bomi added. "Aren't you guys trying to get to our vulnerable side? Pretending to help us only to break us down again? We've had enough false hope. Chorong's had it the worst."

The crowd grew tense as they thought about their situation at hand. How exactly was EXO going to help them with their unfair treatment? And really, why were they desperately trying to help the group of kids with so many problems? No one else ever bothered.

Suho stood up on the park bench and calmed everyone down. "Listen guys, we're definitely NOT like the others at school. We want to help because it's the humane thing to do." 

"We're not your charity work."

"Look, we don't want to be cowards like the others, we want to fight for justice."

"Funny, fight for justice?!" Min Yoongi asked in incredulity. "We've tried so many times to fight for equality and end discrimination in school, but things just got worse the more we fought. We're all tired now, it's time to just accept the fact that society's never going to be fair and move on. The world isn't that simple; sometimes a little evil achieves the greater good. There's no point in trying if we're always going to fail! You guys aren't even victims of injustice or bullying anyways, just help us by keeping quiet. Look, I appreciate the thought and you guys have helped us avoid some situations but people have been spreading even more rumors after you guys started helping us, especially when you guys help Chorong. Sure, you guys have stopped the bullying for now, but our reputations have already been ruined with the insane number of rumors going around."

The scholarship students nodded in agreement with Yoongi and they started shouting after one another.

"He's right, we won't ever be able to change the system!"

"You guys don't know how much we've been through. We're used to it anyways, so leave it as is."

"Who are you guys to help us? It's not your problem, and all of you guys are well-off and made of money. Just stick with the status quo."

Chorong's eyes met with Suho's and she looked at him with a flustered face.

Suho could read her trembling brown eyes. "What are we going to do? Should we even bother fighting?"


A/N: So sorry for not updating on time and sorry for the length of the chapter!! I originally did plan to update Tuesday but I decided the chapter terribly so I rewrote it. >< Also the list of scholarship student names came from SHINee, APink, AOA, and Bangtan Boys. BUT! I have good news, I've already written roughly 50% the next chapter so I am 100% positive I will get the next chapter out latest by Tuesday... if not shame on me. =__="

UPVOTE, COMMENT, AND SUBSCRIBE! Thanks for reading this ridiculously long chapter.