For Justice

Without Knowing It All

Song suggestion: Demons- Imagine Dragons


No, I don't think it's silly. 

Chorong thought about his words as she stared out of the window, her brown eyes wandering around the empty school yard. 

"Chorong ah? Snap out of it! You've been zoning out ever since the meeting. Are you okay?"

Eunji eyed Chorong mysteriously. "Did something happen after I left you alone with Suho?"

"Oh... nothing. Just wondering about what to do if our plans fail."

"I don't think that'd happen." Jonghyun smirked and almost all of the other students entered the classroom. "No way they'd let the three guys fly by, especially with their lyrics. Their song is so good to the point where even I know they'd get into some deep . We're willing to take the risk. No turning back now, and no regrets."

Mina nodded her head. "If it's okay, we'll probably call EXO-M over to rate our performance choices. I think we should keep our perfomance stages a secret from one another. It'd be fun!"

"But what after the performances?" Jungkook quesioned with a disgruntled look. "So what, after the stages, that's it? They'd just brush all of the messages from the performances aside! What's the point of even entertaining them if there's no impact?" 

Naeun surprisingly spoke up in an agitated voice. "Just get into the logistics later. What have we got to lose anyways?"

"Everything." Jungkook snarled. In response, Naeun glared at the male and shrugged her shoulders.

*Bell rings*

As everyone prepared to leave, Eunji announced, "We'll all meet up at the dance studio after school guys. Don't forget." 


On the way to class, Chorong had to slip past a huge sea of people. Just as she had guessed, screams started to echo in the hallway and the pushing grew even worse.

Damn these fangirls. I'm already mute, I don't want to be deaf either. 

She shook her head and cringed at the girls who crowded around EXO like wild, ravaging animals, hungry for satisfaction. 

Chorong stared at EXO's direction and caught Suho's eyes first. Her eyes softened and the slightest creases appeared. EXO noticed Chorong and other scholarship students through the corner of their eyes and they exchanged secret greetings as well.

Tao nudged s and he started to write a message. He flashed the message to Chorong, which was written in Chinese.

"我可以跟你打招呼吗?" [Can I say hi to you?]

Chorong read the message and her eyes widened. Fangirls are going to go cray... 

She shook her head at the question and glared at Tao, even using her hand to air cut her neck to signal him to not continue.

Please don't greet me please don't greet me please don't greet me.

"Chorong!"
 
Aaaaaand he greeted me...
 
Not only did Tao speak up, but the other M members did as well, calling out the names of the scholarship students they saw with warmth and fluency.
 
"Mina, Jonghyun, Taemin, annyeong!"
 
"Namjoon, Namjoo, Naeun! Over here guys."
 
Within seconds, the whole hallway assumed a pregnant silence at the unexpected Monday surprise. Most of the girls were raging over the close relationship of the scholarship student females and the EXO members. The guys were a little less taken aback, but some were bitter that EXO could actually hold a conversation with the girls. They'd try to hit on the scholarship females, but their advances would always be rejected. However, excluding the crowd from the picture, it was a tiny moment of happiness. A glimmer of hope. The so called "popular" kids and outcasts were crossing the supposed line of separation between classes. Friendship wasn't based on popularity, wealth, or anything materialistic, it was based on mutual trust. 
 
"Everybody get to your class, the bell has already rung!" Kwak Ji Sung smacked his clipboard against the wall, allowing the sound to resonate throughout the long hall. Lee Bo Young stood next to him, reinforcing his order with piercing eye contact.
 
"Congrats Bo Young, you managed to snag EXO-K and M in your class." He walked away and without looking back, he made a tiny salute, adding, "Make sure you keep a good eye on your kids. They're going to be great some day."

The clock seemed to move slowly that day, and the scholarship students tapped their fingers to the rhythm of the tick tocks on the smooth wood floor. It was almost time for the meeting to start and everyone had gathered at the main dance room except for Chorong and Naeun.

"Chorong's getting Naeun so they'll walk together. They'll be here on time." Eunji guaranteed.

Five, ten, eventually fifteen minutes passed and the two were still nowhere to be seen.

Throughout this time, Suho's eyes darted from his phone, to the door, to the clock, and back to his phone.

"That's it, I'm going to go look for them."

He sped to the door, but the knob itself turned.

"What...?"

Chorong pushed Suho away in a rush and sat Naeun down against the wall, who's pale face was covered with multiple bandaids. Chorong didn't look any better either, with her skin bruised along with trails of blood running through raw flesh.

Everybody could only stare wide-eyed at the two girls, they had mixed emotions as to how to approach the two. Chorong looked pissed yet depressed at the same time to their dismay, while Naeun was in a shockingly fragile and broken state. 

"Let's start the meeting." Naeun barely spoke in a whisper, seemingly exhausted.

"We're not starting until I know what the hell happened!" Taemin yelled, slamming his hand onto the wall. 

-30 minutes before-

"What a bunch of cowards. Making me your punching bag to vent on just because your oppas don't know who you guys even are? Ridiculous." Naeun stuttered and glared at her classmates who had never even talked to her before. She had never felt so compelled to talk so harshly before, it was her first time standing up for herself out loud.

The girls crowded around Naeun and continued to hit her one at a time. "You little . Maybe it's because all of you s stripped and got to know them, that's what. People like us aren't as low as like you. We're a good number of classes above you, don't even try talking back. We'll make them know us through proper, modest, and honest methods." 

"Yet you guys popped open your uniform polos and tried to show off your flat chests...totally. Hm, I think that the skirt was hiked up too, it's almost 10 centimeters shorter than mine." Naeun muttered.

Naeun smirked at the  stuttering responses.

"Don't you dare smirk at me you little temptress! Don't you already have a boyfriend, why are talking with other guys then huh?" She felt another slap across her cheek. It was followed by a punch... and the girl had accessory rings on. She felt a warm, thick sensation ooze down her cheek, one she had never felt before.

Weary from the pain, Naeun dropped her defense and helplessly sat in the corner after numerous unsuccessful escapes. She closed her eyes out of fear for the anticipated hit.

Why... don't I feel anything? Did they knock me unconscious?

She slowly peeled her eyes open. "Unnie?! How did you-"

Chorong pressed her finger against her lips to signal Naeun to hush. The cheek of the former was the color of a bright red tomato, but it purplish hues slowly started to fuse as well.

"Well, if it isn't the leader of the scholarship student ion ring. I wonder how much worse you are than whatever her irrelevant name is."

"Funny, the weak one is being defended by the weaker. Move."

Chorong didn't move a muscle and continued to stand in front of Naeun, arms widestretched as if to act like a barrier between her and the latter. One of the girls attempted to punch Chorong, but she swiftly grabbed a firm hold of the sloppy move and twisted the girl's arm behind her back. Another girl lunged at Chorong, but Chorong sensed the incoming charge and purposefully made the two comrades collide in midst of dogding.

"Unnie behind!" Naeun's screamed. Chorong turned around only to have a fist crash into her face. 

Damn, girl's wearing spiked rings. 

She clutched the side of her cheek and wanted to curse from the pain, but something about the smirk and sense of victory on the girl's face killed a part of Chorong. It was too unsettling and a bit irritating. This ing , smiling for hitting me with rings, spiked at that, when it was 2 verses one. Yeah, totally something to be proud of. 

When the girl turned around, Chorong instantly grabbed a hold of her shoulders and kicked the back of her knee. The girl fell to the ground with a crash and lay on the floor not from pain, but more so from the unexpected shock.

In the moment, Chorong ignored her pain. Her mind was set on nothing else except Naeun's safety. She gently lifted Naeun off the floor and they hurriedly left to the empty nurse room.

Chorong ignored Naeun's continuous moans of stress and disinfected every single injury covered with blood. She cringed at the exposed raw flesh and started applying the oinment, finishing off by applying the bandages onto Naeun's face very carefully. 

"Unnie, what about you?" Naeun spoke in a frail manner and put her hand on Chorong's cheek, which was harshly bruised and scratched with trails of blood running along her face.

As tears formed in their eyes, Chorong shook her head and just pulled Naeun in for a hug. I'm protecting all of you guys no matter what...


"...And that's it." Naeun finished explaining the story. "Enough with what happened to me and unnie, what's more important is planning the festival now."

"No." Taemin snarled.

"Oppa?"

"No. If they're going to seek us out like this and attack us again, might as well not do anything! It's safer to stay on the down low than give them an actual reason to beat us up. I don't think we want any one of our friends hurt, and I especially couldn't bare to see the sight of you scarred again."

"Taemin, stop it," Naeun firmly ordered and cursed under her breath, "We have to finish what we started. I'm not going back on my words when I agreed to fight, and neither is anyone else."

Everyone stared at Naeun and could not believe how brave she was compared to her usual demeanor. If she became such a changed person, no doubt she was dead serious with a goal in mind.

Taemin sighed in defeat and threw around a bunch of curses in his head. He wasn't the only one who felt uneasy, many of the others were thinking hard in their minds as to whether or not continuing their plans would actually be safe.

"Are you sure you're okay right now Naeun? You too Chorong?" Luhan asked to confirm with the two's conditions.

The girls nodded their heads.

"Okay, I guess we'll start. Fill us in on the things you guys discussed this morning."

Eunji represented the group and spoke, "We organized the stages in terms of least to most impact. Taemin's group is first, they said their performance is just to be aesthetically pleasing and easy to listen to. It'll then be Cho Ah's group followed by me. Then, it'll be Chorong and Bomi, but they added Hayoung, Namjoo, and Naeun too. Finally, it'll obviously be those three fools- I mean, dudes." She pointed at Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, and Kim Namjoon, who weren't at all paying attention as they were still focused on the lyrics of their song.

 EXO-M nodded their heads at the performance order. "Well, everyone get out except Taemin's group. Show us what you've got." Kris clapped his hands together and gathered the five members around, kicking the rest of the scholarship students out next door to the smaller dance practice room.

"Hey, what about us!" Chanyeol demanded, "We want to watch too! We're EXO-K I tell you!"

Everyone laughed at Chanyeol. Jimin dragged him along with his friends and shook his head. "It's a surprise for everyone, even you guys."

As they waited next door, Suho sat on the floor next to Chorong. He gently placed his hand on her cheek, to which she backed away from almost immediately.

"Oh, sorry. It's just... your cheek isn't bandaged yet." He pointed at her face, and she turned to the mirror on the wall to see her purple cheek smudged with red. She poked the injuries and cringed in disgust.

"Stay still." Suho took out a first-aid kit and laid all of the medical materials out. Before he started to disinfect the scabs, he held out his hand.

"Squeeze my hand if it stings. Just like last time."

Without the slightest hesitation, she took his hand and closed her eyes in fear of the incoming pain from the disinfectant. He dabbed her cheek as gently as he could and blew while applying the stinging ointment. But for some reason, unlike the last time, Chorong didn't crush his hand. She didn't even squeeze it once. Rather, she felt safe and comforted just by holding his hand and she didn't feel the need to hurt him.

EXO-K snickered and nudged each other at the scene unfolding before their very eyes.

"Of course, Suho is Suho after all." Sehun evilly chuckled.

Chorong heard him and shot him a death glare.

"Oh, umm, I'm innocent!" He held up his hands in the air, pouting at the discovery.

Tao entered into the room and in slurred Korean spoke, "They were great for opening since their song choice isn't very strong. It's more fun and cheery." He wanted to tease the others since only EXO-M would know the ideas for the performances.

"Well, I guess we're up next." Mina commented and the group members followed Tao next door.

"What are you doing Eunji?" Baekhyun asked.

"Singing."

"What song?"

"You'll know the day of." She rolled her eyes as he continued to plea to hear the song.

After fixing Chorong up, Suho asked the same question as well as Baekhyun's question triggered an interest to know of the plans as well.

"What are you planning to do?"

Chorong cracked a tiny smile at the question and made a face. I can't sing obviously so what other thing is there to do?

He read her look and exclaimed, "Oh! Dance! ... Right?"

She nodded her head when Minseok entered the room. "Eunji, you're up."

Eunji got up from the floor to leave when Baekhyun followed her like a lost puppy. "Pleasee I want to go and see what you do."

"It'll be a surprise for crying out loud! I heard you guys are performing and are keeping your songs a secret too so stop asking for mine! Aishh."

Everyone in the room snickered at Baekhyun. He trudged away from Eunji, making a sulking puppy face as he sat in his corner of shame.

It didn't even take a minute before Eunji came back into the room. Tao had googly eyes as he followed Eunji.

"Daebak... seriously daebak. We didn't even need to listen to the whole thing. Just heard the first 30 seconds and we all applauded." Chorong sent a bright smile to Eunji, she knew how great Eunji's vocals were. "Anyways, Chorong's group is up."

Suho watched as the five girls followed Tao next door. He couldn't help but wonder exactly what Chorong and her group would dance to... and if they could even dance at that. Chorong seemed a bit too hidden and shy from doing those types of things.

Just like Eunji, the group came back in less than a minute. Kris smiled, exclaiming, "Same thing as Eunji. Didn't even need a minute to know it would be epic. I think it'd only take 30 seconds for the next group."

And Kris was right. The guys came back in half a minute with proud smiles on their faces. 

Yixing spoke, "Great, I think we can call it a day. Just remember to practice until perfection."

"Seriously, everyone was daebak!" Jongdae commented in awe. "All of you guys are in for awesome stages from one another."

"And I heard you guys should have a little speech after all of the performances. Make sure it's good so the school can go and it." Kyungsoo excitedly fist bumped the air.

Suho smiled at the unity. "How about a hands-in? For our teamwork, for our futures." He held his hand out and Chorong's quickly followed in suit. Soon after, Eunji, Naeun, Taemin, everyone joined in. 

"On 3, for justice guys! 1, 2, 3-"

"FOR JUSTICE!"


A/N: So sorry for not having updated in almost two weeks!! Since it was the week b4 spring break teachers packed in as much curriculum as they could. Plus, I initially did have half the chapter written, but it was terrible... really terrible. I wanted to take my time to make the quality better so I deleted it all and rewrote.

Now, who's excited for those performances? They will only be revealed when it's the chapter about the festival :DD

Time to wait for Overdose to come out (I CAN'T WAIT) ... while writing the next chapter >< *I am guilty of watching the dance practice though*

HELP, I'M HAVING AN OVERDOSE OF EXO!

"SOMEONE CALL THE DOCTOR!"

Ahahahahaha, see what I did there? You'll understand once you hear the song. ^^

 

10/8/14 update: I'm so sorry for such a long delay, I've been very caught up with school and no matter what, my grades come first in priority. I hope you guys can understand!