Failure

Without Knowing It All

Song suggestion: Action- NU'EST


I wonder what this crazy is going to do... Hyuna smirked, but a part of her held high expectations at what was to come.

The five shadows quickly walked across the dark, unlit stage. As they got into their positions, the lights automatically shined upon Chorong, Naeun, Namjoo, Bomi, and Hayoung.

Nothing but giggles were heard throughout the audience. The girls and guys began to jab at the outrageously unfeminine, tattered clothes.

"They are girls right? Shouldn't they just stick to aegyo like normal girls?"

"Or they should have done something more ual if they wanted our attentions. What's with this getup?"

"I can already tell they're going to epically fail. Can that even be considered fashion?"

The friends backstage nervously shifted at the vicious comments that were being thrown even before the performance. Suho looked onto Chorong with worry.

No one in the crowd was clapping for them other than the scholarship students and EXO. The atmosphere was simply cold and unwelcoming.

"Go Park Chorong!" Mrs. Lee stood up and yelled from her seat. "WOOO!"

"Let's go! HWAITING!" Mr. Kwak smiled at his fellow colleague's initiative and followed along. The audience stared at the teachers like they were crazy.

Chorong felt a smile creep across her face and she snapped her fingers. Just as practiced, the girls put on the black skeleton masks in sync. Suho watched as an unbelievably overwhelming force began to consume the stage. It was nothing but pure power.

Chorong nodded her head and the other four responded with slight nods and well. They all cued for the music to start together.

Deep, dark sounding voices began to echo throughout the speakers and a fierce instrumental played along.

These hypocrites love their idol-oppas right? And they never knew the painfully blatant meanings behind their messages...

[B.A.P. Power (Dance)]

Holy ... Suho and the others watched the girls dance, dumbfounded. Minds were being blown.

You block out your ears and lips
You’re too busy filling your stomach up, a role of stealing everything
Like a decalcomanie, a role where money, status, and honor doesn’t change
It’s time to move and the anthem of the strong and weak will break that fight
This is a revolution, a guernica flow
So everybody keep your head up

There’s no more, there’s no more justice
It’s a world that submits under the power of money
The weak die in the shadows of the strong

No, no, no, no.
No, no, no, this really isn’t it
I’m here, we’re here
Stop

We got the power, i got the power
Don’t submit under them
Don’t be like that and lift your head up
We got the power
Fight against them and don’t look at me with your angelic face.
Everything is a lie

Warning warning warning warning
Warning warning warning warning
Warning warning warning warning
Warning warning warning warning

Are you ready
Everybody say hate you
One more say
Everybody say hate you
Hate you
One more say
One shot

The tyranny of those who cover the bright light
Two shot
Those who look so alike the devil always live a fake life each day
Three shot
Wear the mask of justice and what fights back against them is my ego
Four shot
The ones who match to the rhythm and are trapped don’t know anything in breaking everything whoa

Now it’s time to move
B.A.P move the crowd action
We’ll raise the new wind of this world, so everyone follow us and move over
For the weak that’s us, it’s all passion
That’s it and no to fakeness
It’s a world where only the weak survive
In appearing on tv, we step on the faces of the young souls with a smiling face

No, no, no, no.
No, no, no, this really isn’t it
I’m here, we’re here
Stop

We got the power, i got the power
Don’t submit under them
Don’t be like that and lift your head up
We got the power
Fight against them and don’t look at me with your angelic face. Everything is a lie

Warning warning warning warning
Warning warning warning warning

Everybody say hate you
One more say
Everybody say hate you
Hate you
One more say
Bomb bomb follow me
The ones who have strength, follow me
Bomb bomb follow me
Nananana lalala
Bomb bomb follow me
Everyone become one and follow me
Bomb bomb follow me
Nananana lalala

We got the power
I got the power
Don’t submit under them
Don’t be like that and lift your head up
We got the power
Fight against them and don’t look at me with your angelic face. Everything is a lie

The scholarship students and EXO-K had their mouths wide open, while EXO-M only laughed at the bewildered faces of the audience. Every single time the song came to the "Everybody say hate you" part, the girls would purposely point to certain directions in the crowd.
 
Their moves were not at all lacking in terms of skill, and everyone was in sync during the hand flails and kicks. Although the five had initially found the spray dance a bit comical, it took the most effort to perfect because they had to dance while throwing the bottle up in the air and catch it. Not to mention they had to use Icy Hot spray as well, just like B.A.P.
 
At the end of the song, they tweaked the choreography just a bit and located their target. Before the song ended, they pulled the masks down to their neck to uncover their faces.
 
"That wasn't in the choreography..." Minseok commented.
 
They watched with curiousity and as soon as the "boom" sound signalled the end, the five girls smiled and shot a thumbs down in the same direction.
 
It was towards the one and only, Principal Kim.
 
Before anyone could react, the girls quickly bowed and ran off. Backstage, Chorong, Naeun, Hayoung, Namjoo, and Bomi were all panting heavily and sweating a bit after performing the intense choreography. They laughed at each other as they couldn't believe they just gave the principal a thumbs down, even pointing out their bullies for that matter.
 
"I didn't know tomatoes were in the crowd!" Chen laughed at the genius public shaming. Principal Kim fumed with anger and his face lit red. Sure, it was mean; but after all, they had to prove their point.
 
"How did you guys think of that?" Suho asked in disbelief.
 
"You guys didn't even go over that with us. Although it was genius." Kris commented through the video call. "The expressions were priceless."
 
Naeun answered with a straight face, "Well, it was either that or the middle finger..."

"Showtime guys, it's now or never." Suho had everyone huddle up the last minute before Namjoon, Seokjin, and Yoongi would grace the stage. The three rappers nodded in response.

"Just trust us." Namjoon gave Suho a pat on the back and the three walked across the stage without any hint of hesitation. The scholarship students and EXO-K looked on with huge expectations. EXO-M only smiled and nudged at each other.

After Yoongi's cue, a dark and eerie instrumental began to play. A mysterious aura crept onto the audience, and they shivered in fear just because of the music blasting through the speakers as well as the intimidation of the guys on stage.

None of the guys were playing around.

Namjoon walked to the front of the other two and raised the mic close to his lips. As if it was in his nature, he began to rap with such flow and power that anyone who was listening to his voice would think of him as an underground rapper, not a high school student.

Seokjin followed up, and then Yoongi. Their talent amazed everyone. They all had a commanding stage presence and power to them as they rapped, presenting through the lyrics a true story about their life as students. It tackled all the darker aspects of school, including the fight for personal gain, frenemies, gossip, the bridge between the strong and weak; the list could go on.

[학교의눈물 (Tears of School)]

Namjoon   Seokjin   Yoongi

School wrong, society wrong
Parent wrong, teacher wrong
Victim wrong, perpetrator wrong
Bystander maybe, bystander maybe

‘Nice kid complex’
that was my illness
(But I was still nice to everyone..)
Behind my back they talked ,
in front of me they acted nice
I pretended not to notice
school was a battleground
Perhaps this was my own battle
in the ring called school.
Someone would have brushed it off
as something you shouldn’t care about

Oh I don’t care, but that’s
something only adults can do easily
Not perpetrators, not victims,
this is a place where
we’re turned into bystanders.
Even if you point your finger at me
and call me a coward I’m fine with it
But how would you define it?
You know I can’t lend you a hand
If I did that I’ll end up the same as you
Don’t be blinded by justice, the hero is dead
This is reality, the only way to survive,
there are no options

This is a ring called a classroom
This is a stadium with no referee, only an audience
You know there will never be a victor
everyone will lose
There will be no victor, everyone will lose

This is a ring called a classroom
This is a stadium with no referee, only an audience
You know there will never be a victor
everyone will lose
There will be no victor, everyone will lose

School wrong, society wrong
Parent wrong, teacher wrong
Victim wrong, perpetrator wrong
Bystander maybe, bystander maybe

The basis of school violence,
a vicious circle that can never end
There is no exit in this crowded ring called a classroom
That’s right, in the end school is like another mini society
A jungle made carelessly by adults
They made the weaklings weak,
they made the strong powerful
Of course since they were strong
they made the weak suffer
A society built on the teachings
that friends are only for pretend
The morals of adults made us step
on the weak to rise to the top
Corporal punishment has been banned,
in a moment of force
‘I didn’t know because I was out of it’
became an excuse. That’s right
this society is filled with
bystanders that are no different from
perpetrators The students trapped inside
classrooms known as themselves are also victims

This is a ring called a classroom
This is a stadium with no referee only an audience
You know there will never be a victor
everyone will lose
There will be no victor everyone will lose

This is a ring called a classroom
This is a stadium with no referee only an audience
You know there will never be a victor
everyone will lose
There will be no victor everyone will lose

School wrong, society wrong
Parent wrong, teacher wrong
Victim wrong, perpetrator wrong
Bystander wrong, bystander wrong

The scholarship students were so stunned at the stage that they didn't even notice Yoongi was beckoning the 22 students to come onto the stage as well. EXO-K had to give everyone a little push for them to snap into their senses. Some were crying, all very perplexed, because the lyrics fully captured the essence of their life situations.
 
Seokjin looked everyone in the eye seriously. With urgency in his voice, he began, "It's time for the speech. Now. Before they take us off."

From the beginning to the end of the rap song, the audience had not uttered a word. Some students actually began to feel ashamed for their actions, but a lot of the  teachers were clueless as to why the students were being so rebellious. So far, only Principal Kim, Mrs. Lee, and Mr. Kwak understood what they were rapping about.

However, many students were outraged. They began to think about how in the world people like them could speak about inequality and unfairness when it was just the normal way the world runs. They expect the poor and the weak to just it up and shove it.

Being brave, Namjoon clutched the mic tight in his hand and started first. "I don't want to be disrespectful, but first of all, I think everyone understands what our point was having these five stages. Behind the music, our lyrics held the same meanings, just leveled up as each stage went on.  I'll just break it down for you guys. What we want is justice in this school. We were fed lies before we entered the school, saying that this is an environmentally safe place for students and that bullying will not be tolerated."

"Yah, what are they still doing up there?" People began to whisper about the unusual situation at hand.

"Shouldn't someone get them off stage?"

"But I wonder what they have to say..."

"Why would you care? Their words aren't important."

Seokjin heard the mutters and backed up Namjoon. "But contradicting those words, we've been picked on and have been treated like dogs since day one. The guilty know who they are."

Principal Kim clenched his fists and yelled, "Someone get them off the damn stage, NOW!"

Yoongi ignored the order. "What does class have to do with anything? Does that make one person better than another? Just because we aren't as rich doesn't mean we are to be treated as trash. Sure, we don't have politically influential parents, but I sure as hell respect them for working just as hard as everyone else. Also, what difference does it make if we're a little different from each other? Sorry to say, but the world will still go on with or without your indifference towards others, thank you very much."

He quickly passed on the mic to Eunji, who had been anxiously signalling for a chance to speak as a female. "Nothing but lies have been spread about us. We're sick and tired of it. We just want cha-"

The screeching sound came out from the sound system with a loud bang. The students in charge of the mics began to turn them off.

"Please, just let us speak." Chorong held up her oversized posterboard.

"And what gives you the right to speak in my school, Park Chorong." The principal's loud and authoritative voice echoed through the speakers as he took a working mic backstage. He wanted to end the issue as quickly as possible. He had to do something to crush them...

"The constitution gives me the right to speak sir." Park Chorong glared at him, but he responded with venomous laughter.

She fell for the trap. It was the moment to shut everyone up put an end to the matters. He was confident that no one would be on her side anyways.

"The constitution gives you the rights to speak, okay. I'll accept that... So tell me then, how are you going to speak if you have no voice?"

The corrupt man believed it would be the final blow to the stubborn girl's pride and chuckled.

Chorong's eyes wandered nervously and watched as some students even dared to laugh at the rotten words. She felt a sharp pang in her heart, like someone had stabbed it with a knife. It felt different having an adult, a person of authority, talking crap about a human being. Teenagers have their immaturity, but yet the man knew he spoke vile words and he had full control over his mouth. Tears rushed to her eyes and she covered her ears, trying to block the mocking question. But the words replayed in her ears over and over again, with the humiliating laughter completely blocking out her sense of hearing. The words haunted her like no other.

"How are you going to speak if you have no voice?"


A/N: I would have slapped the principal right across the face if he said that last line to me. So, do you guys think that their plan worked? Or did they fail?

Please upvote, subscribe, and keep the comments coming! ^^ Of course I read the comments. :)

11/25/14 update- thanksgiving break :D so expect more edited chappies!