Bullies

Without Knowing It All

Song suggestion: Save Me- B.A.P.


.

Chorong observed the random group of underclassmen that surrounded her. The students were certainly rowdier than usual, and they were definitely more daring with their actions since they finally understood the school was in their favor.

What is this? I'm not a punching bag.

She easily dodged an incoming fist without much effort and quickly sent a group text to the other scholarship students while continuing to avoid the underclassmen.

Hey, is anything going on again? - Chorong

Nope, not much, just noticing some sunbaes sticking around though... - Hayoung

I'll swing by where you are Hayoung, hold on for just one more minute.  - Jinki

I'll come by too. Do you need help Chorong? - Namjoon

Chorong heard a sudden clash of desks and her ears perked at the cacophonous sound. It sounded too close, and she tried to flee from the underclassmen. In an attempt to keep her in the classroom, two girls swung their arms from both directions at Chorong to corner her. Before Chorong could figure out what to do, she arched her back and slid on her knees under and away from the danger. Surprised and admittedly amused at her own move, Chorong smirked and threw a peace sign before running out the door.

"Oh look! Well, if it isn't Park Chorong." Hyuna spat. 

"I think I know my own name, thank you."

"Sorry, I was just saying it out for you, to let the others know that you actually have a presence." 

Chorong ignored Hyuna's comment and picked Eunji back up to her feet.

You should have called me you idiot. Chorong spoke with her glaring eyes.

Eunji understood and chuckled a bit before responding, "You know I'm an idiot, my phone died because I was using it earlier to play games."

"You should go, I can deal with her alone. Can you walk by yourself?"

"I'm not going anywhere without you, who knows what that evil hag will do." Eunji made a face at Hyuna, who only rolled her eyes in response.

"It's between me and her." Chorong insisted and tugged on Eunji's uniform sleeve. Please, let me handle this.

Without a word, Eunji trudged away, trusting that Chorong would be fine on her own and that she had other plans.

"What is it you want to talk, or communicate, or whatever, about?" Hyuna gave Chorong an odd glance and eyed her from head to toe.

Chorong used her thick black marker and used up the whole sheet of paper to write, "Why?"

"Why what?" Hyuna narrowed her eyes.

"You know what I'm talking about." 

"No, I don't."

"Think about it."

"Don't want to think."

The two stood their ground in silence. The conversation certainly wasn't going anywhere without cooperation.

Chorong impatiently rolled her eyes and tapped her foot emphatically. "Why are you paying me with 'hell' if I don't recall ever doing anything to you?"

"Not answering that question."

"Okay, then why do you bully everyone? Can't you just torture me and leave the others alone?"

Hyuna snapped and lost her patience. "Isn't that the point! Hurting someone you care for hurts even more than when you yourself are hurt!"

"Do you enjoy hurting us? Do those other dimwits enjoy hurting us for the fun of it? So they think they have power since no one is stopping them? Or are they just following what society thinks is 'cool' and 'swag', by putting down those supposedly below them? They look down upon us like we're nothing but the trash of the earth, but we're no different from each other!. So what if we're not rich and we don't have connections? Just what is your motive?"

Chorong continued to press questions and ranted while the girl could only stand in silence, stuck in her own world.

"You even threw yourself at me to build a relationship. Friends... You became my 'friend' to gain knowledge of my background only to use it against me. Why? It's not like I even have half the stuff you have, so what's the point of hurting me of all kids? Are you that scared of me, one without a voice?"

"Stop, just stop. Too many questions at once. Don't you ing dare make me judge my level of sanity and humanity." Hyuna rubbed the temple of her forehead.

"You're the one that's starting to question your own level of sanity and humanity." Chorong pointed out.

"This is why I hate you." Hyuna spoke with a low voice.

"And you wanna know why I hate you?" Out of nowhere, Hyunseung brusquely walked into the classroom and pushed Hyuna against the wall. 

Chorong took in a deep breath out of frustation and wrinkled her nose in disgust. She smacked Hyunseung right in the head with her notepad.

"We were talking. Rude."

Hyunseung rubbed his head while attempting to retaliate. "Oh, talking now? I didn't realize you could speak, you ungrateful ."

Chorong felt her pride growing smaller, but she dismissed the refute. She wouldn't let it crush her no matter what.

"I'm sorry, but do you know your proper adjectives? I do not see how I'm being an ungrateful female dog."

Hyuseung threw Hyuna's hands aside and instead took a jab at Chorong, pushing her back with his finger on her chest, over and over again. "You should be grateful for having your mute little in my presence."

Chorong grunted from laughter and Hyunseung made his move.

The familiar metallic taste permeated throughout , fingers crimson red and sticky after having wiped them against her lip.

It was now Hyunseung's turn to smile, but Hyuna returned the favor

By kicking him in the balls. 

Chorong's lips unconciously rose, although the numbing pain from her lip enabled her to fully smile.

His reaction was priceless. Unlike when Chorong kicked him, he looked like he had been hurt ten times over, especially since the pain was from his ex.

"Your sorry little sacks aren't going to carry no more babies." Hyuna dragged him by his hair easily out the door as he held his crotch area in visible pain.

After Chorong wiped the blood off her lip with a tissue, Hyuna came back into the dreary room. 

"You know what? I kind of don't hate you." Chorong wrote, as a matter of fact.

"Yeah well I still do so off. But remember this, I saved your sorry this time around." Hyuna shot a glare and grabbed her stuff, heels clacking away.


"I guess people were attacking today." Suho spoke calmly as he bandaged the injured lip.

"No sherlock." Sehun eyed Suho at the painfully obvious scene.

Chorong shrugged her shoulders and she pointed at the other scholarship students in the classroom. All of them had been able to safely protect each other from harms way, passing through the bullies with just a couple of shoves and tugs.

But the girls had crazily messy hair, and the guys looked exhausted from all of the running.

"I wish I could just sock 'em. I hate running away like a coward." Jungkook spoke with extreme frustration.

"Using violence is what's cowardly. You don't like the words of others, so you commit a physical act... Then again, that one time I kicked Hyunseung in the crotch was so worth it if I have to be honest. And I don't guarantee he'll be able to have babies after today."

Chorong smiled as she reminisced the scene before, while the students just stared at her in wonder.

"Don't tell me. You kicked him in the balls again?" Chanyeol looked like he was going to cry from a fit of laughter.

"I didn't. Someone else did." 

"Who?" Kyungsoo asked with bright eyes. "Man that person must be awesome. Unless, was it you Suho?"

Everyone's eyes turned towards the innocent boy.

Suho raised his arms up instinctively but spoke with regret. "As much as I hate to say it, I wasn't even there. Chorong wouldn't have even gotten hit if I were there."

"I feel like I'd be best friends with this person." Bomi joked. "Must be a pretty awesome person to kick Hyunseung's balls."

Eunji shot Chorong a knowing look and Chorong carefully nodded in response. Eunji's lips pressed into a thin line.


As the two chatted while walking home, Chorong abruptly stopped walking once they reached the school gates and tapped Eunji on the shoulder. 

"What?" Eunji asked with a loud voice.

Chorong made an annoyed face and put a finger to her lips. She then pointed at a familiar figure.

"It's not like I won't get into S.K.Y. I'm pretty much guaranteed a spot at all three of the schools with my stats." A girl spat.

An elderly ahjumma argued, "Is that scholarship student still beating you? This is ridiculous. You've been number until high school began, absolutely astrocious."

The girl silently cursed under her breath and muttered, "Like I give a anymore. Apps have long been due and colleges have already made their choices."

Chorong closed her eyes at the scene which unfolded straight after.

The ahjumma slapped the girl and yelled, "Why do you think your father doesn't want to see you? It's because you're a disgrace. You should have tried harder for rank one, it's because you didn't try hard enough! You could have had an early set future with automatic acceptance if you were the best but you ruined yourself. Your best isn't good enough, and never will be at this rate! So what if S.K.Y. accepts you? What ever happened to studying in America in Harvard, or Stanford at the very least?"

"That's what you want, but not me. Not me mom..."

The girl choked on her tears and barely whispered, "I want to stay here, home." Her mother gave an incredulous look and threw a fit.

The words hung thin in the air, and Chorong and Eunji looked at each other in shock.


Hyuna smiled as she placed first in her middle school, moving onto Seoul High School with practically the best grades.

But her smiles turned to bitterness. To emotional pain. To longing for love and acceptance.

"Ooh, our daughter's going to Seoul High. I'm sure you're going to be ranked first in your grade again. It's a no-brainer" The mother clapped in excitement and the dad nodded, noticeably eating his dinner in a hurry.

"Listen you two, I'm sorry, but I've got to go soon. Elections are coming up soon and I really need to win this battle against candidate Oh." He gave his wife and daughter a kiss on the forehead before rushing from the dinner table.

Hyuna felt a bit bashful after receiving the kiss. See Hyuna, dad loves you most when you're the best. When you are number one. He'll definitely be proud of me and won't feel ashamed of me when he introduces our family to the public.

She was stripped of her innocence, her cluelessness allowed the manipulative words of her mother to consume her soul.

After finding out she did not place first in the Seoul High School entrance test, she felt humiliated. She clutched the test results in anger and threw them across the room.

Who does this Park Chorong girl think she is? And why does everyone keep talking about her?

She scanned the ranking list up in the hall again in disbelief. The others around her began to whisper at the sudden dethroning of Hyuna for rank one. She was infamous for never letting her guard down ever, always outscoring her competitors no matter what so they wouldn't even be close.

"Hyuna, you need to step up your game!" The girl who always competed with Hyuna spoke mockingly. "A mute girl took your rank. Heard she's in on a scholarship too. What a shameful way to lose, don't you think?"

She bit her lip to prevent herself from cursing. She had to conduct herself in an orderly manner in front of others after all. That was the only way dad would want to actually acknowledge her as his daughter.

It was as simple as that. Hyuna hated Park Chorong. She wanted to get down to the enemy's deepest, darkest secrets. Even if it meant being "friends". 

Hold it in Hyuna, you only have to touch those filthy hands just for a little while.

But Hyuna could feel her heart chip away little by little, bit by bit, as the girl named Park Chorong was so nice, cute, and innocent. She had a fierce charismatic side, but it was well-balanced with a bit of feminity. Her face had a cold appearance, but on the inside she was a genuinely sweet girl.

That didn't matter, though. What mattered was recognition from her parents.

"Number two..." Hyuna's mother stared at the class ranking box on the report card. She began to pace back and forth across the room, muttering the same thing over and over again. It was expected of her daughter to be number one in everything, to be the best. If Hyuna kept this up, she would become one of those gangster delinquents. She heard from her circle of friends when they sat for tea that once kids begin to slip in their rankings, they'll continue to go down until they're screwed over. 

"This is unacceptable, Hyuna. I'm telling your father about this matter." Her mother left in a huff while Hyuna cried. The girl felt an amazing burden upon her shoulders even though she didn't commit a crime, or do anything wrong for that matter. For what it was worth, it was just a single piece of paper that ruined her.

 

 

"It doesn't matter." Hyuna's father shrugged his shoulders as he began to eat in a hurry again. Elections were coming up soon, he had too much to do in so little time.

"Honey, she's ranked two. A mute scholarship student beat her."

"Yeah, but rank two is just one away from first. So what if a mute scholarship student beat her? I'm sure she's just as fine of a student as my bright daughter." He excused himself from the table and left in a jiffy for the nth time. It grew to be normal for the male to not even come home. Running for congressman was time-consuming, he had to sell himself to the crowd.

Right after he left, Hyuna's mother sighed. She began to concoct a plan and successfully managed to manipulate Hyuna's mind after a while, shoving her malicious words down her daughter's throat.

"Your dad isn't coming home because he doesn't want to see you." She explained.

"That's impossible, dad wants to see me." Hyuna objected harshly and used her cellphone to call her dad. He hadn't been back home in a week.

The irritating sound of the call going into voicemail bothered Hyuna.

"Do you think your dad would want to call someone as disappointing as you? Why do you think he hasn't even introduced us to the public? It's because of you. We had hoped for a boy too... Our family has such bad luck." Hyuna's mom snided.

The number of comments from her mother grew, enough to fill a book. Hyuna couldn't concentrate or focus without hearing the words ring in her ears. Over, and over, and over, in a repetative cycle.

Eventually, she even began to whole-heartedly believe her dad wouldn't contact her or introduce his family to the public because he was ashamed of her. Because she was only rank two now. Beaten by a poor student who not only receives no special tutoring or classes, but has no socio-economic worth and is mute.

A fire burned in Hyuna's heart. ing Chorong. 

The hours of extreme studying from the multiple afterschool academic schools. The countless nights of sleeplessness thanks to caffeine and pills. Even the caffeine stopped working from all the consumption. The numbered visits from her now congressman father, it all felt like hell to Hyuna. Not to mention the emotionally draining remarks from her mother.

Hell shall be repaid in full. The pain received shall be equally given.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Without knowing it all, Hyuna hurt Chorong and placed a deep scar in the already barely beating heart.

Without knowing it all, others have misinterpeted Hyuna. 

Without knowing it all, society has negatively impacted the lives of people already suffering from pain.

Actually, society knows full well what it's doing to individuals.

They have played with all of the innocent, toying them. Every last one of them. 


A/N: XOXO <3

1/10/15 update: one more ch. so i'm taking off the editing from the title! ^^