Mother's Day

The Love Game

A few days passed and Soojung's determination grew even stronger. Myungsoo somehow ended opening up to her a bit more, and found her determination funny. 

 Today was probably Myungsoo's worst day of the year. It was Mother's Day. He hated Mother's day because, every year he would see people hugging and giving their moms gift, while he had to spend the day alone every year. Before leaving for school, Myungsoo decided to go and have a little talk with his father. It has been a while since they've talked, Jonghyun usually comes back to the palace late at night and never spends time with Myungsoo or Luna. Standing in front of the door, Myungsoo hesitates to knock. He takes a deep breath in and knocks on the door.

"Come in" Jonghyun said from the inside.

"Appa....." Myungsoo said as he walked in.

"Ah, Myungsoo, what is it?" Jonghyun asked, while looking down at his paper work.

"Today is mother's day so I wanted to ask about mother-"

"I'm busy right now, and I don't want to talk about it" Jonghyun said, slightly raising his voice.

"YOU NEVER HAVE TIME FOR ME!" Myungsoo yelled and walked out the door, shutting the door behind him with a loud bang.

************ 

After school....

The bell rang and everyone packed up then lefted the room. Soojung was ready to leave the room, but she felt something stopping her. When Soojung turned around, she found Myungsoo holding onto her wrist. 

"What is it?" Soojung said and shook his hand off.

"Where are you going now?" he asked.

"Home of course, wae?" she said and titled her head.

"Can I go to? I don't want to go home right now"

Soojung nods her head, follows behind him as he walks out the door. Soojung knew that there was something wrong with him because of the way he behaviour all day. She guessed that he was probably not in a good mood because today was Mother's day, so she wanted him to spend Mother's Day with her and her family. 

"So this is where you live?" he asked, walking into the house. Soojung nods in reply. "Where's Onew?"

"He finished early today, so he should be at home" Soojung explained.

"Myungsoo! What are you doing here?" Onew exclaimed and walked over to give him a hug.

"I came to visit, nice house" he smiled. Onew guided him into the louge room to have a seat and came looking for Soojung afterwards. 

"Are you two dating?" Onew giggled. 

"No, of course not" Soojung replied, while pouring two glasses of orange juice.

"Then why did you bring him home? You must have feelings for him" Onew continued.

"He just wanted to visit, so I let him come. Where's Umma?" said Soojung, slightly blushing.

"She went to the market, she'll be back soon"

Soojung walked back into the lounge room and gave Myungsoo a glass of orange juice. There was a minute of awkward silence, until Onew came back in and holding something behind his back. Soojung left the room to get change and when she came back, she saw Onew sitting next to Myungsoo, holding her baby photo album. Soojung's eyes widened as she runs to Onew to still the album.

"You can't get me" Onew teased.

"You....I'm telling Umma on you" she said and stuck her tongue out at him.

"Whatever" he replied and ran upstairs. She turned around and saw Myungsoo sitting on the couch, and smiling at her. 

"Eotteokhae?....How embrassing....." she covered her face with her hands and mumbled under breath.

"I never knew you were a tomboy, when you were little" Myungsoo teased.

"Why? Is it that shocking? You better not tell anyone in school" she said and sat down opposite him.

"Don't worry, you were cute....."

"Did I just hear what I think I heard? Did he just call me cute?" Soojung thought in her mind. 

The sound of the door open and Jessica came in with bags of grocery in her hand. Soojung rushes over to help her umma and puts all the bag of grocery on the kitchen bench. 

Soojung linked arms with Jessica and pulled her towards where Myungsoo was "Umma, this is my....friend, Myungsoo" she introduced.

"Annyeonghaeseyo, Myungsoo imnida. It's nice to meet you" he bowed and smiled. 

Jessica was stiff for a moment. Myungsoo's face was similar to Jonghyun's and somehow, Jessica felt this strange feeling, like she's just met someone important in her life, that she hasn't met in a long time. Jessica stood there like a statue, observing his face closely.

"Umma, are you alright?" Soojung asked and lightly nudged her mom.

"Eh neh, what did you say your name was?" 

"Kim Myungsoo imnida" Myungsoo replied with another bow. 

-------------

What wil happen next? She's met her son, but will she be able to know that it's him? Stay tuned~

Here's a baby picture of Krystal :D