Tomorrow...

The Love Game

 

(Readers: remember that no one in the school knows that Luna and Myungsoo are Jonghyun’s children even the principal)
 
“Please put your hands together for….the soon to be king of Korea….KIM JONGHYUN” Those two words were like a bullet who hit Jessica. She looked up to the stage and couldn’t believe her eyes. It was KIM JONGHYUN….. The guy that she has been avoiding for all these years was right in front of her. Just a few metres away from her. She sat there frozen like a statue, not sure how to react. If she stood up and leave the assembly it could attract his attention but if she stayed there seating he could spot her and notice her. 
 
“Umma, gwenchanna? What’s wrong?” Onew whispered as he lightly nudged her.
 
“Er…n-neh neh” she stuttered. Jessica fixed up her scarf to make sure that only her eyes could be seen. *It’s been a years, he’s probably forgot how I look. He won’t notice me. Soojung-ah, your father is right in front of you* Jessica thought and tried to calm herself down. 
 
As the crowd clapped, Jonghyun began his speech. There were so many people in the hall he didn’t notice Jessica at first. After he finished his speech, Jonghyun sat down. He was scanning through the audience when suddenly a particular person caught his attention. It was Jessica. However he couldn’t tell it was her. But it was like there was an invisible that attracted him to her. Jessica was smiling at Soojung then she noticed that Jonghyun was staring at her. Jonghyun and Jessica made eye contacts for a few seconds but were disturbed as the assembly ended and everyone stood up. 
 
*I swear that person looks familiar. Especially her eyes….* Jonghyun thought as body guards escorted him out.
 
************ 
After the assembly….
 
“Soojung-ah where are you? Let’s go home together. Kaja” Jessica texted Soojung.
 
“Umma I’m in the office, I’ll meet you at the gates” Soojung texted back. Jessica fixed up her scarf, making sure that only her eyes were showing and headed towards the front gates.
 
Meanwhile, at the office. Myungsoo, Krystal and the principal were meeting with Jonghyun. 
 
“Your Majesty, this is our student representative, Kim Myungsoo and Jung Soojung” the Principal introduced. Both Myungsoo and Soojung bowed and greeted Jonghyun. 
 
*Jung?....Soojung?....It can’t be, the world can’t be this small. A lot of people are named Soojung, she can’t be my daughter…but why does she look so similar to Jessica…* Jonghyun thought.
 
“It’s nice to meet you both” Jonghyun smiled. The four of them chatted away about things that were related to the school. Somehow, Jonghyun really enjoyed talking to Soojung and he had the same feeling Jessica felt when she talked to Myungsoo. The time flew by and it was time for Jonghyun to leave. 
As Jessica was waiting at the gates, Jonghyun was walking to his car. 
 
*It’s that lady I saw in the assembly, I swear she looks familiar to someone* Jonghyun thought as he spotted Jessica waiting at the gates. As for Jessica, it was getting hot and humid due to the scarf she was wearing. Jessica looked around and saw no one around so she decided to take the scarf off. Little did she know that Jonghyun was watching her. After she took off her scarf, revealing her face Jonghyun stood there frozen. He blinked a couple times and rubbed his eyes. He just couldn’t believe that it was Jessica all along.
 
“Am I dreaming?” he slapped himself “Ow! I’m not dreaming”  
 
When Jessica made eye contacts with Jonghyun both of them froze on their spots. They couldn’t move neither could they speak. Their minds were telling them to do something but there both weren’t listening. 
 
“Your Majesty, the car is here” the guards called from behind, however Jonghyun did not hear him “Your Majesty” he called again “Your Majesty” the guard raised his voice a little causing Jonghyun to jumped a little. 
 
“What is it?” Jonghyun asked as he turned around and broke the eye contact with Jessica. 
 
“The car is here” the guard repeated. 
 
When Jonghyun turned around to talk to the guard, Jessica took this chance to escape. She quickly left the school and headed home. The next time Jonghyun turned around again, Jessica has already disappeared out of his sight. He looked around in confusion.
 
“Did you see that lady who was standing right there?” he asked the guards.
 
“No, your majesty” the guard replied. Jonghyun turned around to check again but there was still no sign of her.
 
*It was her, I swear it was. No wonder why those eyes looked so familiar. It was Jessica and I know it. I wasn’t dreaming. She’s here somewhere, I must find out where she is* Jonghyun thought.
 
************ 
On the other hand….
 
“Soojung umma is going home first, come home quickly” Jessica texted Soojung.
 
“Hey, I’m heading home now. What are you doing tomorrow?” Soojung asked Myungsoo.
 
“Tomorrow…nothing” 
 
“Great! Come over tomorrow cause and bring Luna unnie as well. Onew oppa will be happy.” She smiled.
 
“I was about to tell you that I’m coming over tomorrow and I’ll try and bring noona” Myungsoo laughed. 
 
“By the way, do you know why I’m telling you to come tomorrow?” she asked before leaving the office. 
 
“Nope” he shook his head “And do you know why I’m coming over tomorrow?” he asked back.
 
“Nope and how can you not know what tomorrow is. Pabo~” she said before leaving. 
 
“Pabo…don’t even know that tomorrow is my birthday…” Soojung mumbled under her breath. 
 
“I wanted to go over tomorrow because I wanted to celebrate my birthday with you” Myungsoo mumbled to himself.