Just When Things Are Peaceful

The Love Game

2 months later…

After the press conference, Won Shik and Hwa Young haven’t been seeing each other frequently nor have Kwang Ho and Hae Won. But just as everything was peaceful, another problem strikes. Hae Won randomly calls for a meeting with Kwang Ho after 2 months. Kwang Ho pulls Hwa Young along with him to the meeting. When they arrive at the café, Kwang Ho holds Hwa Young’s hand tightly then walks in.

“Hello Oppa, you brought along Unnie with you?” said Hae Won.

“Just like you bringing along Won Shik” replied Kwang Ho.

“Then take a seat, we’ll go straight to the topic” exclaimed Won Shik.

“It’s a good think Unnie came along, I don’t have to repeat myself a lot of time”  smiled Hae Won.

“We’re sorry we don’t have much time, can we get to the subject?”  Hwa Young tries to be polite.

“Oppa…I’m pregnant…” began Hae Won.

“You two don’t need to ask with who, it’s a bit obvious” added Won Shik.

Kwang Ho and Hwa Young just stares blankly at each other not sure what to say. Hwa Young sits stiffly knowing that Hae Won isn’t lying.

“Kwang Ho you’re the father” stated Hae Won.

“If you two are not gonna say anything, I’ll say it” exclaimed Won Shik “Kwang Ho you need to accept my sister and she has to become your wife”

“You know I can’t do that, I’m married to Hwa Young” argued Kwang Ho.

“But you can’t leave me with a big tummy and like a child not have a father” argued Hae Won.

“Then you should come to live with Kwang Ho in the castle” Hwa Young said with a strong voice.

“Hwa Young but…” said Kwang Ho.

“Hae Won’s right Kwang Ho, no matter what you’re the father, you can’t deny that, it could be the father and mother’s fault, but the child is a new person, he or she doesn’t know anything. They don’t deserve to be born without a father. You need to take responsibility of what you did Kwang Ho” she said.

“See even Unnie agrees with me” agreed Hae Won.

“Hae Won, you’ll come into the castle under the name of Kwang Ho’s minor wife” explained Hwa Young.

“MINOR WIFE” exclaimed Won Shik and Hae Won at the same time.

“My sister is really loyal she doesn’t deserve to be a Minor Wife” argued Won Shik.

“Kwang Ho is soon going to become King, a King having Minor Wives are not a weird thing. Everything King as a Queen and then after the Queen are the Minor Wives. Even though Hae Won is from a loyal family, but no matter what Kwang Ho has been already married to me. If Kwang Ho divorces with me and marries Hae Won because she is pregnant, what do you think other peoples imagine on Hae Won will be? Someone who stole her best friend husband? We know each other since we were little, it will make her imagine even bad if Kwang Ho and me divorce” said Hwa Young smartly.

Won Shik and Hae Won thinks about what Hwa Young says and know that everything she said was true. So they had no choice but to agree.

“Hae Won you can move into the palace in 2 days, I’ll tell the King and Queen, because you’re pregnant you’ll move into the room Kwang Ho is in and I’ll move to my old room. Sorry we have a meeting with Jiyeon and the others we have to go now” said Hwa Young

Hwa Young and Kwang Ho walks out of the café leaving Won Shik and Hae Won speechless. On their way to meeting Jiyeon and the others.

“Are you mad at me?” asked Hwa Young.

“Why would I be mad at you?”  he replies

“Because of what I’ve decided with Hae Won” explained Hwa Young.

“I’m…I’m the one who’s supposed to ask you that”

“I knew along time”

“About?”

“About you and Hae Won, I got her text she sent to you when you were washing up.  I knew what it meant”

“I’m sorry…and thank you, if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t know what to do with Hae Won.”

“It’s okay you don’t need to be sorry, whatever makes you happy you should do it. Remember in the end, everything between us ends, it’s just a game…the only thing that matters now is…time”