Homecoming

Baby Don't Cry

‘New Group Created: COME BACK HOME!’

Chanyeol:CAN YOU COME BACK HOOOOME! EH!  MY BLACKJACK FEELSSS!

Kai: since when did you start creating lyric based group names?

Lay: because im coming home u.u

Jongdae: wait….LAY UR COMING BACK?!

Lay : HELL YES!

Baekhyun: DUUUUUUUUUUUDE! Thts so kewl~

Kyungsoo: while all that IS completely awesome, I didn’t think you’d be obnoxious enough to make an entirely new group for that

Sehun: ikr? Thts like a very kai move

Jongdae: bro when?!

Kai: shut up sehun

Chanyeol: Hun man where hve you been all day?!

Lay: I come a day after tomorrow!! And no I was not being obnoxious when I made this group -.-

Kyungsoo: why isn’t hana replying yet? didn’t she see the messages?

Sehun: some work that I had to sort with my brother. Im on my way back

Baekhyun: she isn’t with me anymore so I dunno bruh

Jongdae: THIS IS SO COOL

Chanyeol: she isn’t in this group

Lay: guys I didn’t add her. And no one is supposed to tell her of this ok?

Kai: jerk boyfriend

Sehun: you want to keep my cousin in the dark? -.-

Lay: I want to surprise her!

What heck no guys ._.

Sehun: well when you put it THAT way…

Chanyeol: ur lucky I dint shout this half way across the hallway to her

Lay: YOU WHAT?!

Jongdae: chill-eo man

He dnt say a word.

Kyungsoo: well that’s a relief

Kai: you know I love you guys and all but there’s this one massively annoying thing about our chat groups

Baekhyun: where r u guys?

Chanyeol: my locker

Jongdae: jst turn the corner and u’ll be able to see  yeol’s ears

Lay: what’s annoying Kai?

Chanyeol: Funny Dae -.-

Sehun: bro you were saying?

Kai: this, exactly this. there are so many people in one group and you all type so fast

Baekhyun: whats taking lassie so long?

Jongdae: LMAO Lassie

Kyungsoo: mean

Kai: it’s so hard to change ur sentence the last second and the conversation moves so fast

Lay: lol

Baekhyun: the message. Finally

Kai: SEE THIS IS WHAT I MEANT YOU GUYS DON’T LET ME FINISH

Sehun: we don’t let YOU finish. The others finish just fine u.u

Kyungsoo: poor cousin L

Baekhyun: good one hun XD

Chanyeol: kai’s gonna cry lol

Kai: -.-

Jongdae: BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chanyeol: thank you Kim Jongdae for making Hana suspicious

Lay: guys I swear if she finds out someone’s going to get it

Baekhyun: well that depends entirely on what ur going to get us ^_^

Sehun: just make sure she doesn’t find out ok?

Lay: shut up baek

Kyungsoo: lol yea ok

Chanyeol: SIR YES SIR

Baekhyun: on it man

Jongdae: sorry bro. I’ll be careful

Lay: please be

Kai: how is it that YOUR conversations go in sequence and mine don’t?!

Sehun: stop sulking. I’ll make sure hana dsnt get a clue

Kai: same…

-

On normal day, Hana would’ve asked what had Jongdae laughing so hard and Chanyeol glaring at him (for a change), but today was not really normal, so she let it slide. They had only two classes left and for the first time ever, Hana wished she could skip. Knowing she couldn’t, Hana decided to it up and live through the next two periods. Jongdae and Chanyeol dropped her off and while waiting in her usual seat, she felt someone slip into the seat next to hers.

“Where were you?”, she asked without looking.

“There was still some paper work left.”

“Still?”

“Yeah,” Sehun rubbed his temples, “hyung’s been running around all day too. But he said that that’s it. No more transfers of anything left.”

Hana nodded slowly, “Well, that’s a relief?”

Sehun looked at her and smiled, “Yeah, it is.”

Sometimes Hana wondered what she did to deserve such amazing brothers. True they weren’t biological, but they were still her brothers. She’d seen how much all these events had affected them. It broke her heart to see the three most amazing people of her life go through situations like these. Sehun and Luhan had told her many times she shouldn’t worry, but that wasn’t possible was it? How can you stay calm when the ones you love are silently suffering?

“Hun?”

The boy hummed as he pulled out his books.

“Thank you,” she said and he looked at her,” thank you for everything.”

Sehun smiled his signature wide smile and shook his head. The pink blotch on Hana’s shirt caught his gaze and he moved her school jacket to get a better look. Hana’s face fell.

“Han, what happened?”

She moved his hand and tugged at her jacket, trying to fake the best smile she could.

“I accidentally spilled some Vitamin water, no big deal.”

Sehun narrowed his eyes. Hana tried her best not to fidget and kept smiling. Sehun didn’t look convinced; however, he dropped the topic once the teacher entered. Fifteen minutes into the class, the door slammed open, making everyone jump in their seat.

“Kang Jaekyung! You’re tardy, AGAIN!” The teacher yelled. The students snickered at the boy who seemed unfazed of both the scolding and the giggling.

“Sorry, won’t happen again,” he said for the fifth time that month and gave a half hearted bow. Walking back to his seat, Hana expected him to do what he does every day, purposely bump into Sehun’s desk. But today, he didn’t. Sehun looked back at Hana, amazed.

“I get a feeling something happened to him,” said a confused Sehun.

Hana shrugged, “I don’t really care. As long as he isn’t bugging us, I’m fine with everything.”

-

“School’s out! What do we do now?” Kai cheered.

“It’s out for TODAY. What we do is go home and study and practice and sleep and goodness I’m so done.”

Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol, “What’s with Kyungsoo?”

The latter shrugged, “Dunno man, he’s been like that since,” Chanyeol peeked at Hana. Once he was sure she was busy talking to Jongdae he returned to his cousin,” since Lay’s message.”

Baekhyun pouted,” Hmmm…I’ll ask him later.”

“GUYS WE STILL HAVE TO PRACTICE!” Kyungsoo shouted. Hana’s surprise showed on her face, Kyungsoo isn’t loud, not always, the only time she’s heard him shout is whenever Baekhyun and Chanyeol are involved.

“Soo-“

“NO! DON’T SOO ME BAEK! WE DON’T HAVE TIME!”

“Who pulled your undies?” Jongdae asked and Kyungsoo whipped his head towards him. Hana had never seen him look so frantic. Kai moved closer to Sehun, an action to which the latter grew cautious. If Kai was seeking shelter from Kyungsoo, then something was definitely up.

“IT’S NOT MY UNDIES THAT ARE PULLED BUT THE FACT THAT WE HAVE LESS THAN THREE MONTHS LEFT AND NONE OF US HAVE HAD A SINGLE DAY TO PRACTICE!”

“Bro relax! We can do it-“

“Chanyeol you have not practiced your rap with us even once! What if you mess up that day and all of our efforts will be ruined and then I’ll go to jail for killing you and I DON’T WANT TO ROT IN JAIL I’M STILL YOUNG!”

Hana gaped, Sehun gaped, and Kai finally stepped out from behind his friend and grabbed a hold of his cousin. While Kai and Chanyeol tried to calm down Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, who for once had been oddly quiet, walked towards them with a smile. Once his gaze met Jongdae’s, the boys broke out laughing, leaving Hana and Sehun wonder why.

“What’s up with him?” Sehun asked and Hana followed, “And why are you guys so chill about it?”

Baekhyun shrugged,” This has happened before. It’s okay.”

“Okay…,” Sehun dragged,” but why?”

“You know when you sometimes forget the deadline for something, and then you suddenly remember it, and then you freak out?” Jongdae asked.

Hana and Sehun glanced at each other before answering, “No.”

“Okay well, Kyungsoo tends to panic sometimes. Right now he’s panicked about the winter festival because he just remembered the deadline and also the fact that we haven’t practiced yet.” Baekhyun explained.

“So…” Hana spoke,” this is Kyungsoo freaking out?”

“Yeap,” said Baekhyun and Jongdae in unison.

“Creepy,” Sehun shuddered. Baekhyun and Jongdae laughed some more and within the next three seconds, Kyungsoo came marching towards them.

“I’ve decided. We will practice every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Tomorrow, my house, day after tomorrow Baekhyun’s house! THEN! Hana’s house! THEN!-“

“WE GET IT!,” Baekhyun shouted, “we’ll meet at you’re place tomorrow, then Hana’s, then mine, then we decide whose house next that day. Okay?”

“OKAY!”

-

Lay was running around his room. Jimin had left for lunch but Lay decided to skip, he didn’t really have an appetite, just the thought that in 24 hours he’ll be with his family made him giddy. Though their flight was to leave tomorrow night, he started packing already. He had already packed all his clothes and belongings except his tooth brush and the clothes he was to wear tomorrow. However, there was also this one thing he hadn’t packed. Not because the object didn’t need packing, but because he couldn’t find it, he was freaking out.

“Where is it, where is it, where is it, where is IT!” he groaned as rechecked the drawers for the seventh time. He couldn’t find it anywhere. He took it off before going off to shower and he CLEARLY remembered putting it behind the photo frame on his side table. But then were the hell was it?! His knee hurt like hell, his elbows were hurting too, but he couldn’t bring himself to sit down. He had to find it. He couldn’t believe he lost it in the first place.

He wondered what Hana would say if he couldn’t find the necklace. Would she be angry? Of course not. He knew that. But she’d be a little disappointed at least. He didn’t want to disappoint her. His knee was throbbing by this point, he’d been looking for more than an hour, but he couldn’t bring himself to sit down.

“Hyung, I got you some- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!”, Jimin screamed the second he saw the supposed to be injured boy running around like a mad man in their 18x12 room. Lay waved at him distractedly and continued looking. Hastily placing the food filled plate on a table, Jimin grabbed a hold of Lay’s arm.

“Hyung, you need to sit down!”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?!” he tugged his arm and Lay shot him an annoyed look. Jimin backed up a little but didn’t his grip didn’t falter. Jimin glanced at Lay’s knee; a tiny patch of red was forming on his trousers.

“IT’S BLEEIDNG AGAIN!”

Lay’s eyes widened and he looked at his knee. Spots or red were visible through the grey fabric.

“SIT DOWN!” Jimin shouted and Lay reluctantly complied. When Jimin left his side to grab the first aid box, Lay took the opportunity to look around and under his bed.

“Do NOT move! Your elbows will act up too!”

Jimin was younger than him, he was of the same height as him, he was a freshman, Lay was a senior, Lay had absolutely no reason to obey Jimin, or even be afraid of him. But the way the younger was staring him down made Lay obey, and so he sat down on the edge of his bed as he impatiently waited for the younger to return. Jimin returned with the first aid kit and crouched in front of Lay.

“Pull up your trouser leg.”

“Excuse me?” Lay cocked a brow.

“Pull up your trouser leg, please.”

Despite the pain, Lay cracked a smile,” It’s okay. I can do it myself.”

“No,” Jimin protested,” I will do it!”

“Do you even KNOW what to do?”

Jimin scoffed, “Of course!”

But the second his gaze fell on the instruments and materials, the confusion took the best of him.

“See, this is why you should just let me do it.” Lay tried again but Jimin resisted, this time, with less vehemence.

“My dad’s a doctor,” Lay persisted,” he gave us basic medical training.” He took out his hand, and after having to wait for what seemed like ten seconds, Jimin handed over the box. Lay forced a smile and slowly pulled up his leg. Carefully folding his trouser, he saw that the wound had torn. He didn’t expect yesterday’s fall to be so great to be honest. Lay had deemed it as a basic knee scrape, only to find out at the infirmary that it was deeper than it looked. Coach had given him off, but despite that, he was required to come out at the field and observe under the sun.

“Thanks,” he heard Jimin say.

Lay looked up from dabbing his wound, “What for?”

“Yesterday. It was my fault but you took the blame, thank you for that.” Jimin had his head hung low, he couldn’t see Lay’s smile.

“It’s no big deal-“ Lay broke off with a screech, he accidentally touched the wound while cleaning the blood, “deal. Ouch.”

“Are you sure you can-“

“Yes, I can. Don’t worry.”

Jimin sat back down, “I’m sorry about all this. You got wounded because of me.”

“It’s not entirely your fault, if I was careful, I wouldn’t have fallen either.”

“I practically fell on you, you didn’t have much of a choice but to fall.”

Lay uncapped the antiseptic and took a deep breath, this was going to hurt.

“No problem Jimin, It’s okay,” he said dipping a cotton ball, “besides, I’m a senior, coach let me off easy. But if it was you, you’d get into a lot more trouble. You want to become vice captain don’t you?”

Jimin nodded.

“Then that’s it. Don’t apolog-IZE!” the wound stung when Lay touched the cotton to it. Slightly embaressed by his recent slip up, Lay took a deep breath and vowed not to scream again.

“Is there anything I can help you with?” Jimin asked from his bed, “You were looking for something right?”

Lay breathed out, “Yeah.”

“Is it important?”

“Very important.”

“What is it? Maybe I can help you look?”

Lay looked up with wide, glassy, pained eyes, “That would be awesome.”

Jimin smiled widely,” So what is it that you’re looking for?”

Throwing the cottons in the bed side dustbin, Lay grabbed the gauzes.

“It’s a necklace.”

“Necklace? I’ve never seen you wear one…”

“It’s always under my shirt.”

Jimin nodded thoughtfully, “What does it look like?”

“It’s a silver wing. Kind of like a dragon’s wing.”

While wrapping his leg, Lay could see Jimin working his brain.

“Do you perhaps have a photo of it?” Jimin asked, “It’ll be easier for me that way.”

“Photo…” Lay wondered if there was one. He pulled out his phone and looked through his gallery. Surely, he found a photo. It was a selife of him and Hana outside Starbucks

“Here’s one-“

“Show me!” Jimin had plopped himself next to Lay in a matter of milliseconds and was currently staring at his phone with intense curiosity.

“Waaa! Is this your girlfriend?” He asked pointing towards Hana.

“Yeah,” Lay smiled and Jimin gaped.

“She’s so pretty!”

“I know-“

“And her hair look so soft!”

“They are-“

“And her eyes are so huge and so cute!!”

Lay agreed with every single thing Jimin was saying and had said about his girlfriend. Lay also knew that Jimin’s fawning was harmless. But then again, there’s always something about another guy talking about how pretty your girlfriend is that ticks you off.

“Can we please focus on the issue here?” Lay interjected, slightly annoyed.

“But Han-“

“The necklace! Look at the necklace!”

“Oh….” Jimin squinted at the screen. Lay rolled his eyes and zoomed the image.

“Oh, thanks,” Jimin stared a little longer before his eyes flashed, “I think I’ve seen this before.”

Lay straightened, “You have? Where?!”

“Remember that room service lady that comes? She asked me if it was ours and since you weren’t here and I didn’t know think you’d wear something like that, I told her it wasn’t.”

“Dude she got it from MY side table! Didn’t you even consider that it could be mine?!”

Not good. This was so not good.

“I didn’t know where she got it from! Honestly! If I knew it was yours I would’ve gotten it back!”

Lay closed his eyes and sighed. Jimin looked apologetic enough, Lay didn’t want to make him feel worse by snapping at him.

“It’s okay…I’ll go and ask the staff.” Lay was about to get up when Jimin stopped him.

“No wait! I’ll go. Your leg needs rest.” Jimin spoke and got up. He didn’t meet gazes with Lay before getting up, Lay felt guilty.

“Hey Jimin.” He called before the boy slipped out the door.

He looked back, “Yeah?”

Lay smiled widely, “Could you get me some dessert too? You just got me lunch.”

Jimin blinked at smiling Lay and then looked back at the plate of food he had almost forgotten about. Then he looked back, and then he smiled.

“Sure!”

-

I know this chapter is shorter but since the next one is going to be longer and has more....stuff... in it, i decided to make this the length it is. Hope you guys like it. 

ALSO,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAO!

and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO LUHAN (ahem*andmyself*ahem)

 and thank you to all the subbies, new and old... every number feels so special :")