Home-Work

Baby Don't Cry

“We’re here to take you out.” he said in a serious tone. Hana didn’t seem fazed by the announcement and continued to bore holes in the boy’s head because to her, he didn’t make any sense.

“Let me break this down for you.” Baekhyun says as he takes another sip and places in down on the table. He shifts forward a little in his seat before looking at Hana seriously and points at himself and the other two occupants of the sofa and says “We”, later pointing at Hana and says “You” before pointing to the door and saying “Out”. He lastly clasps his hands together and says “Fun” with a bright grin on his face. He had uttered those words slowly, as if to make sure she understands what he’s saying and Hana thinks that maybe Baekhyun took the term a bit too seriously.

Lay mutters something that sounds like ‘this idiot’ before he decides to matter into his own hands and grabs Hana’s attention.

“What he means is, since you didn’t agree last night…..we thought we’d be able to change your mind if we came over personally.”

Hana’s cocked eyebrow was more than enough for Lay to understand that their plan was going to end up in ruins, but that didn’t stop him. In fact, it encouraged him to try harder, to make Hana feel comfortable around him. The girl shook her head and Baekhyun whined. Hana didn’t miss the disappointment in Lay’s eyes neither did she ignore the frustrated groan from Kyungsoo. She’d be lying to herself if she thought their saddened expression didn’t bother her, however, she was not entirely convinced that three people that she had no connection with a week ago were so eager to be in her dull company that they went as far as coming to her house.

But she wanted to end it. All of this was unnecessary and if they were already disappointed by her within their first week of acquaintance then there would definitely be more occasions and she wanted to them all a favor and save them from any upcoming troubles. She stood from her seat with three pairs of eyes intently watching her and grabbed a purple marker and the small whiteboard that was placed neatly on the side table next to the sofa and scribbled.

She left it upside down on the coffee table and took her mug along with her upstairs to her bedroom where she decided to stay the rest of the day. Hearing the faint sound f the door clicking, Kyungsoo flipped over the whiteboard and revealed the clear purple words,

‘You’re wasting your time.

 I’m not going anywhere

Goodbye.’

“This…..this is kind of irritating.” Kyungsoo said as he put the board back down. Baekhyun was quiet and staring off into space as he hatched various idea of how they could convince the stubborn girl. Kyungsoo got up agitated with their situation and made way for the door, grabbing Baekhyun in the process who followed limply. But before they could pass, Lay clutched onto Baekhyun’s free wrist, stopping the two and slowly met their questioning gazes with a toothy mischievous smile.

“Oh I know that look. You’re on to something aren’t you?” Lay nodded slowly, his dimples still showing, and tugged the duo back to their seats.

“Well? Spill it Guitar Hero!” Baekhyun exclaimed, getting impatient by his friend’s behavior. Lay reached over and took the white board, facing it towards Kyungsoo and Baekhyun and pointed towards the second line.

“So? What about it? She made it pretty clear she’s not gonna come with us.” Kyungsoo deadpanned but Lay quickly shook his head.

“She said she’s not going to go anywhere.”

“And….?”

“But that doesn’t mean we can’t stay here.”

~

It had been almost three hours since Hana had told them off. Their shattered looks were on replay in her head and she felt a certain emotion tugging at her every time she thought of the way she rejected them.  her aunt was still not home and Hana hadn’t left her room even once. No matter how hard she tried to distract herself, she couldn’t forget their disappointed faces. She decided to message them but then stopped.

If I apologize it’ll ruin the entire point of rejecting the offer in the first place’

Groaning, she threw her phone on the mattress and ruffled her hair. Her stomach grumbled, it was almost time for lunch and she was getting hungry. Giving off another dejected sigh she pushed away the guilt and yanked open her door. Hana let out a yelp as she found herself tripping over something right outside her bedroom. She had prepared herself for the impact, the painful sensation of her face coming in contact with the carpeted floor. She landed, not on the hard ground but something firm yet softer than the floor.

She heard someone ‘umph’ and when she opened her eyes to make sense of the situation she was met with a pair of concerned brown ones staring back at her.

“You ok?”

Hana nodded but didn’t move, neither did he and Hana took the time to take a good look at his face. She had known about the three boys since her sophomore year and had been seeing them every day after school for a week now. She knew they were handsome, more so when she saw them personally but she never had paid attention to their looks.

 Until now at least.

Staring is creepy, she knows but he’s doing the same and she sees no harm in copying the action. His fair skin went perfectly with his rosy lips and his long lashes shadowed his big brown orbs. She stared at his eyes longer than necessary.

“Are you two alright?! Oh my God we’re SO sorry!”

Hana felt someone grip both her arms, pulling her to her feet while Lay slowly helped himself up. Hana was still dazed as she stared at the boy. His cheeks were tinted pink, so were his ears and he let out an awkward cough before looking away.

His shy side was something Hana found extremely cute and the way he kept fixing his jacket as an attempt to not look awkward was endearing to the girl.

“Hana are you alright? Your face is all red.”

Hana whipped her head towards Kyungsoo and touched her cheek, only to find it warm. Another arm pulled her to the left and she was met with Baekhyun’s hand on her forehead, “You don’t seem to have a temperature… are you alright?”

Hana nodded and pulled back from Baekhyun’s grip and moved towards the center. She felt paper crumple under her feet and upon looking down, she found numerous sheets scattered all over the floor right outside her bedroom door. She looked back up at the three of them with a questioning look. Lay still refused to make eye contact so the only option Hana had was to get answers from the other two. She gestured towards the mess with her hands and waited for them to answer.

“Oh! These! Right! Um… you said you’re not gonna go anywhere so we thought that ‘hmmm, Hana probably doesn’t want to go outside so we should just work here’ and that’s what we did! We were just waiting for you to finish your nap so you can join us.” Hana stared at Baekhyun who looked rather satisfied with his explanation then at Kyungsoo who for the first time did not object or correct his friend.  She turned towards Lay since Kyungsoo refused to give a response. The boy had stopped avoiding her eyes but when their gazes locked, she saw his eyes widen a little and there was still a tinge of pink decorating his cheeks.

“Y-Yeah…. It was my idea actually.” Hana raised an eyebrow but Baekhyun grabbed her arm and pulled her down on the floor next to him in front of a pile of scattered papers. “Hey Han! Check these out we got these ideas for the theme of our song~” Baekhyun sang as he began briefing Hana of their progress within the past hours. She saw a few translucent plastic bags with drinks and snack placed on the side and slightly shook her head.

These guys are crazy…..’

Hana had now realized that even if she pushed them away, they would just come back again. Not sure whether to feel touched or annoyed, Hana trashed the thought aside for the time being and listening to Baekhyun’s explanation of their suggested themes.

Kyungsoo’s smile widened in accomplishment as he saw their plan working and took his seat on Hana’s other side. Lay chuckled as he saw the two of them explaining their ideas to the girl and fighting for her attention. He crouched down to sit opposite the girl but before he could fully take his seat, he saw, through her open bed room door, a piano placed next to a wall opposite her bed near her dresser. He stared at the instrument a bit too long before looking at the girl. A small smile came over his lips as he fully took his seat.

The image of her face up close was still fresh in his mind. He knew she was pretty, but her features were a lot more prominent at such close proximity. Her hazel eyes were even more beautiful than he made them out to be. And then the melody played in his head once again as he recalled the entire scene one more time.

____

i have not updated in a long while....im so sorry TT_TT i have my exams in two months so im busy burning the books into my brain.....
anyways, new chapter is up ^^