Luhan

Baby Don't Cry

Hana pushed Sehun towards the kitchen and the latter only stepped back to his original place. It was the weekend, which meant Luhan was home and the said boy was currently busy tapping his foot in front of the microwave. The sound of popcorns popping overlapped the whispered disagreement between Sehun and Hana who were standing next to the kitchen door.

 

“You’re the one with the boyfriend. You tell him!”

 

“But you said you’d help!”

 

“I said I’d help not tell him for you.”

 

“Why are you guys crouching?” Hana and Sehun snapped towards Luhan who was standing beside them with a large bowl of popcorn. His mouth chewed a piece as he stared questioningly at them.  They straightened immediately and put on smiles as they shrugged.

 

“Actua-“

 

“Whatever it was its not important. Its Manchester United versus Chelsea today and I wanna watch my team kick in peace.” Luhan walked past a dumbfounded Sehun and Hana watched him jump onto the sofa and switch the channels. Hana turned and helplessly looked towards Sehun and he shrugged. The match had already started and Luhan was shouting at the top of his lungs in support of his team who couldn’t even hear him. Hana sat on his left and Sehun on his right and she constantly sent glances towards her cousin at the other end of Luhan. Suddenly Sehun’s phone buzzed.

 

‘Hana: this is stupid. Why cant we just tell him?’

 

Sehun looked up from his screen with an annoyed expression and shook his head.

 

‘Sehun: exactly. Why cant you just tell him? He wont kill you or anything then what’s the problem?

 

Hana: but….you know how he is….and you know how I am L

 

Sehun: I knw but cmon! It’s Luhan!

 

Hana: then why don’t you tell him?

 

Sehun: bcz its not my thing to tell. Now woman up. Besides MANU’s leading he’s in a good mood. He probably wont even properly hear so just tell him nw.’

 

Hana peered towards her cousin and saw him giving her a nod. She stared back at the tv screen and took deep breathes. The team was ahead with 1-0 and Luhan WAS smiling.

 

“Luhan…..I have to tell you something….”

 

“Not now bunny, this is a critical point.”

 

 The last thing she saw before she closed her eyes was players struggling with the ball and Luhan sitting at the edge of his seat. The crowd was going wild and so was Hana’s heart as she mustered the courage.

 

“I have a boyfriend.”

 

“AND CHELSEA SCORES!”  the commentator on the tv roared and the crowd went wild with cheers. Hana still had her eyes shut and other than the tv, there were no other sounds in the room. Curious about the silence and also to ensure if Luhan had heard her she slowly opened her eyes. Sehun’s mouth was shaped like an ‘o’ as he stared back and forth between the screen and his brother. Luhan’s eyes were glued to the tv in disbelief but Hana wasn’t sure if it was because he heard what he said or just the shock from the unexpected goal. A few seconds passed and Hana was almost sure that Luhan hadn’t heard.

 

“You have a boyfriend?”

 

Or maybe he had. He turned towards her with a straight face that he rarely pulled and Hana reluctantly nodded.

 

“Who” he asked, more like demanded, and Sehun almost answered for her before Luhan cut in.

 

“Why am I even asking, it’s Lay isn’t it?” Hana gulped and nodded, she looked everywhere but towards her cousin.  Luhan mumbled something that sounded like “Damned dimples” and sighed.

 

“That’s nice.” The volume of the tv was turned higher and Luhan reached for a handful of popcorns from the table. Sehun stared in bewilderment at his brother’s side profile and so did the girl on the other side of the couch.

 

“That’s nice? Really? That’s it?!” Luhan glanced towards his brother before fixating his gaze towards the tv again and nodded.

 

“Yeah, that’s it. Why? You expect something more?” Sehun opened and closed his mouth before leaning back on the couch.

 

“No…”

 

“Yes.” Hana grabbed Luhan’s arm, stealing his attention and looked at him curiously.

 

“That’s all you’re going to say?”

 

“What more do you want me to say?” Luhan shrugged and Hana did too. She couldn’t believe her cousin right now. This was a reaction she did not expect at all. She expected him to blow up, not be so cool about it.

 

“Anything!”

 

“Like?”

 

“You’re saying you’re fine with it? You have no problem at all that I’m dating?”

 

“Oh I have problems alright, but what’s the point? You’re clearly happy, isn’t that what really matters?”

 

Sehun proudly patted his brother’s shoulder and Luhan shrugged him off with a look before proceeding to take a sip of his soda that he had placed on the table. Hana’s brain was finally at ease as she heard her cousin and leaned back.

 

“But,” Luhan offered Hana the bowl of popcorns, “there’s still one thing.”

 

-

 

“He wants to meet me?”

 

“Yes....sorry.”

 

Lay was dropping off food for his father as usual but this time Kris volunteered to drive him. Being a surgeon was hard and he really looked up to his father for working so hard therefore he never complained. Hana called him telling him she had told her other cousin and that he wanted to meet him. Lay didn’t see any harm in it since he didn’t think it’d be that big of a deal.

 

“Why are you apologizing?” Hana heard him chuckle and automatically smiled.

 

“It’s just…..it must be a drag for you that’s all.”

 

He let out a short lived laugh since he found her cute and Kris judged his brother from inside the car. By the time Lay buckled up, he had assured Hana that he had no problems meeting Luhan that evening and would meet them at the bubble tea shop next to the bus stop.

 

“Another un-official date with your lovely?” Kris steered out of the parking lot and gave his brother a cheeky grin.

 

“No actually I asked her to be my girlfriend already so it’s basically official.” Lay nonchalantly informed and looked out the window and Kris jabbed the breaks surprising Lay and jamming the path for other drivers.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“DUDE you crazy! We could’ve gotten into an accident!”

 

Kris realized that his baby brother was right and he leaned out the window to apologize before restarting the car. Once he got the engine running and after they had recovered from the mini attack, Kris hit his brother’s head.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you asked her already?!”

 

“ I told you now didn’t I?”

 

“AFTER I asked!”

 

“I was going to tell you when we were someplace alone.”

 

“We’re alone right now!”

 

“And I told you!”

 

“AFTER I FRIGGIN ASKED YOU ABOUT IT!” Kris huffed and Lay shrugged indifferently with a bored expression.

 

“At least you know now.” Lay looked out the window and the elder groaned. Kris completely pulled out from their parking space and drove away from the hospital.

 

“So? How did you do it?”

 

“When was the last time dad came home?”

 

“Last Thursday. Now tell me how you asked her?”

 

“I think dad should take some days off, we hardly see him.”

 

“Yeah I think so too. Stop changing the subject and tell me.” Kris kept probing and Lay sighed. He really didn’t want his brother to know how what happened, to say it out loud would be embarrassing. Not to mention his friends had witnessed everything and he felt like killing either himself or them. Lay would’ve had to tell him later anyways so he unwillingly began by telling him about the ‘Undercover Unicorn Meeting’. That answered Kris’s question about why Baekhyun was frolicking around in their house calling his brother ‘Dimpy’. Lay planned to skip details, but once Kris found out that they went to the club house he threatened to double check every piece of information so the younger didn’t have a choice but to tell him the entire truth. Kris noticed how his brother’s lips set in a small smile as he recalled every piece of detail. It may be embarrassing but he treasured each moment of it.

 

“You sang live?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“On stage?”

 

“Yeap.”

 

Lay nodded as he saw his brother concentrating on the road and not asking anymore questions and looked out the window. His head bobbed to the beat of his favorite song coming from his purple earphones and the car slowed to a stop at a red light. Lay saw a bubble tea shop and his conversation with Hana colored his mind. Luhan was Sehun’s brother, how scary could he be? He was busy fighting back anxiety when suddenly two strong arms wrapped around his head and he found himself being pressed against a chest.

 

“I’M SO PROUD OF YOU!”

 

“KRIS WHAT THE HELL?!”

 

“You’re all grown up and singing on stage and have a girlfriend and-“

 

“I NEED AIR LET ME GO!”

 

Kris loosened his grip and Lay took the opportunity to shove him aside, pull out his ear plugs and breathe. Despite the shove, Kris had a proud smile that mothers usually had on his face and gave him brother the sweetest gaze Lay had ever seen.

 

“I can’t believe my brother has a girlfriend….I’m so happy I can cry.”

 

“Please don’t.”

 

“Of course I won’t you idiot.” Lay snickered and Kris broke into a normal smile as the signal turned back green. Lay asked Kris to drop him off at the bubble tea shop Hana had told him to meet her at and the elder raised an eyebrow with a cheeky smile but said nothing.

 

“Can I at least see what the poor girl looks like?”

 

“Excuse me but poor girl?”

 

“She’s dating you isn’t she?” Lay narrowed his eyes at his brother’s remark and Kris shrugged as he continued to bug Lay to show him her photo. After constant whining from his brother, Lay pulled his phone out of his pocket as he rolled his eyes at his brother. There was a certain photo that he took without Hana knowing. It was when they were at the arcade and playing random games. She looked so happy and was so engrossed in her victory that she didn’t notice him take her picture. They stopped at another red light and Kris tried peeking into his phone.

 

“Did you find it? SHOW ME!” Lay hid his phone at his side away from his brother and told him to ‘chill’.

 

“She doesn’t take many photos so I took this while she wasn’t looking.”

 

“Wow, creepy much?”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“SHOW ME!” Kris snatched the phone from his brother’s hand cackled evilly and Lay huffed but crossed his arms as he didn’t try to take his possession back. Kris tapped the dimmed screen and a photo of a girl in pink smiling widely appeared.

 

“WA! She’s pre…tty….” Kris knew her. He swears he’s seen her before but..that can’t be right?

 

“I know right? She looks so pretty when she smiles.” Lay sighed dreamily and Kris would’ve probably attacked his brother with sarcasm but he couldn’t. The photo he was seeing was the girl who he’d known for almost four months now. What sort of a coincidence was this?

 

“How-uh…how long did you say you know her?”

 

“Six months. Well, almost seven now.” Kris nodded, his gaze still fixed on the photo. He was sure they were same girls, he was certain now. The appearance was exactly the same.

 

“Kris? It’s green, move.” The said boy broke his gaze away from the screen, glanced at his brother when the horns from cars behind them told him it was the time to move. He gave Lay his phone back but didn’t say another word after that. He did remember Hana saying that she started liking someone; he didn’t think it would be his own brother though. Kris wondered if Hana told Lay about her condition but he figured it was a long shot. Suddenly everything Lay had told Kris about Hana over the past months made sense. Her anti social behavior, he refusal to speak, her shyness as well as her wardrobe preferences were explained. But if Lay knew, he would’ve surely told Kris and asked for his help. Kris figured his brother didn’t know and considering that it’s always the patient’s choice of who knows and who doesn’t, Kris decided it’d best if her kept quiet about it. Lay had speaking non-stop about Hana since then, he told Kris each and everything he found attractive about her. Her personality, her smile, the way she stares at Sehun when he does something dumb, or how she saves Baekhyun and Chanyeol from Kyungsoo’s wrath even when they deserve it.

 

“Hey, why aren’t you saying anything?” The younger asked with narrowed eyes and Kris forced a chuckle.

 

“I’m just shocked.” Lay’s expression changed as he asked his brother the reason and Kris shook his head.

 

“She’s too pretty for you. I’m shocked she said yes.” He joked and Lay punched his brother arm.

 

“Hey! She’s MY girlfriend stop calling her pretty again and again, only I can do that!” he jabbed a finger at his chest when he said ‘I’ and gave his brother a rather funny look which he thought would intimidate Kris but didn’t. Kris didn’t lie though, she was indeed pretty, especially now that her appearance improved, also that she said yes when she confessed in their sessions that she was too scared to bind the guy she likes down. However he was more shocked at her identity. Kris knew she was improving greatly, but she still had depression. Hana never mentioned it to Luhan or Sehun but she still had those nightmares every now and then, there would be days when she would feel like locking herself up in her room, or times when she wouldn’t want to eat at all. The only prevention she had from doing these and keeping her up and running were these people, her friends and family. Kris remembered telling her that no matter who she liked, he’d be an idiot not to like her back and that she wouldn’t be binding him down. Then why was it that his view changed just because it was his brother she liked?

 

Lay waved his brother good-bye and Kris watched him run into the bubble tea shop. He saw Lay tackle a girl in loose black tank and dark blue skinny jeans in a back hug. They were laughing, smiling, talking, they were happy. Kris felt like hitting himself as he watched the couple from indie his car. Why would Hana dating his brother be a problem? So what if she had depression? She was on her road to improvement, and now that Kris knew his brother played a huge part in it, he felt proud of him. Kris laughed at his momentary negativity and shook his head. Things will be fine; he’ll be there to make sure of that.  If Hana needed help coping, he’d be there, and if Lay needed help understanding her, he’d still be there.

 

-

 

“I’m so sorry.”

 

“This is the twentieth time you said that Hana.”

 

“You’re counting?”

 

“Since ten minutes, yes.”

 

“Oh, sorry.”

 

“21.”

 

“Sor-“

 

“You wanna make that a 22?” Lay looked at Hana with raised eyebrows as he sipped his coffee bubble tea and Hana broke into a small smile.

 

“No.”

 

“Then my deary,” Lay reached over and pinched her nose making her go cross eyed and pushed her chocolate drink towards her, “stop apologizing and drink.” How could someone look so handsome in a plain black v-neck paired with dark blue faded jeans? Hana honestly wondered. She sipped and checked the time, Luhan was late. That guy was never on time and Hana wondered how he got the most punctual award of the month where he worked. His job as a lawyer had him busy with hardly any time to spend with the family. But he said that the first few months are always hard, and he was right. As time went by Hana noticed Luhan to be more at ease and he was available at home more often. She understood that it was a Monday and he had work but he was the one who decided the day and time and he hadn’t even shown up yet. Yes, Hana was a little annoyed. Not only Lay had to go through an interrogation but he also had to wait.

 

Lay was fine with waiting. In fact he was enjoying it, it had been a while since he had bubble tea and it felt refreshing. He was nervous of course; meeting Luhan (as Sehun said) was like meeting the protective older brother who boyfriends should always be cautious around. Sehun called himself the ‘easy laid back’ type who ‘helped the couple in their hour of dire need’.

 

“I’m sorry he’s taking so long. He’s not always this late.” Who was she kidding, he was always late. From Sehun’s third birthday party to his own high school graduation, the guy always made the fashionably late entrance.

 

“22.”

 

“Honestly Lay. You have to wait for him and it’s unnecessary. I’m so sorry he’s late. Wait let me call him-“

 

“23 and Hana relax! Its fine, don’t call him.” Lay assured and placed his hand on hers to prevent her from using her cell phone.

 

“But he’s already 15 minutes late!”

 

“And that’s fine!”

 

“But isn’t that a problem for you? Aren’t you irritated?”

 

“I’m sipping bubble tea with my girlfriend why would I be irritated?” Hana slightly blushed and slightly smiled but she wasn’t going to let him win this time.

 

“Because he’s late?”

 

“How is that a legit reason?”

 

“Why do you answer with questions?”

 

“Why are you so cute?”

 

“What?”

 

“What?” Hana blushed harder and Lay victoriously sipped his tea. Hana cursed the power his dimple smile had on her.

 

“That’s not even a proper question.”

 

“What? I’m just asking why you’re so cute.”

 

“I’m not cute.”

 

“To me you are.”

 

Hana officially admitted defeat and sunk into her chair while sipping her tea. Lay laughed seeing her because like he said, to him she was very cute. Hana’s cheeks were getting darker and he kept laughing until she kicked him from under the table and his drink almost left his mouth. Hana laughed this time and after wiping his mouth Lay threw the napkin towards her and said that it wasn’t that funny. They were talking with their empty cups on table and Hana was laughing at something Lay said when Luhan made his long awaited arrival.

 

“What’s so funny? I wanna laugh too.”

 

Hana’s smile fell and she glared at her cousin. She reminded him of how late he was and he apologized saying there was ‘traffic’. Lay became fidgety when Luhan moved his gaze from Hana to him. He thanked the heavens that he didn’t stutter with his introduction and calmly shook hands with the elder. Luhan was all smiles and Hana wondered if he was easing Lay in before pouncing.

 

“Co-ordinate couple wardrobe? I feel left out.” Luhan joked and Hana and Lay exchanged confused glances before they realized what he meant. They were both wearing the same colors. Lay lightly laughed and cleared that it was unintentional and Luhan shrugged.

 

“I look like an angel stuck between two goths.”

 

“Just because you’re wearing bright colors doesn’t make you an angel Luhan, stop being so conceited.”

 

“It’s true bunny whether you like it or not.” He innocently blinked and Hana rolled her eyes. Lay caught on the nickname and he thought it fitted her well. Luhan insisted on buying them bubble tea as compensation and even though they protested saying they already had it, Luhan got them one anyways.

 

“So Lay, how are you?” Luhan casually asked and gave him an uber sweet smile. His arms were crossed on the table as he looked curiously towards the nervous boy. Lay awkwardly smiled and glanced towards Hana and she gave him a shrug.

 

“I’m…fine, thank you. How about you?”

 

“I’m pretty good myself.” Lay slowly nodded and pursed his lips as he took another glance towards his girlfriend. Hana was eyeing Luhan nervously while the latter wasn’t even paying attention to her.

 

“Good weather today huh?”

 

“Oh..Yea it’s a bit breezy so it’s good….I guess…”

 

“You like the breeze?”

 

“Um-Yeah.”

 

“I don’t” Luhan was still innocently smiling and Lay raised his brows.

 

“Ah..ok.”

 

“You still like it?”

 

“What?”

 

“The breeze.”

 

“Yes, I still like it.”

 

“But I said I don’t like it.”

 

“I don’t see how that should affect my opinion…..”

 

Lay was feeling more and more awkward. Luhan may be smiling but he was somehow intimidating and Hana would’ve strangled her cousin if she didn’t love him so much.

 

“You always do your hair this way or is today special?”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“It’s just that they seem to proper for a regular hairstyle.”

 

“Uh..no I always do them this way. They set themselves actually I just comb them.”

 

“Fascinating, isn’t it fascinating Hana?” Luhan placed his chin at the edge of his palms and gave Hana a toothy grin. The girl was gritting her teeth and glaring hard at her cousin because this was just plain embarrassing. He was asking stupid irrelevant questions and not Lay probably thought they were a family of hooligans, like Sehun alone wasn’t a justification enough.

 

“What about you? I don’t think that’s your natural hair color.” Luhan’s smile dipped and Hana immediately looked towards Lay and found him smiling as innocently as Luhan previously was. Luhan put his smile back on and faced Lay again. It was a little creepy to be honest. Two grown boys smiling widely and staring at each other as the girl sits silently looking confused. They went on with each other and Hana felt she had been forgotten. Hana smiled when Lay kicked her leg and albeit them trying to be as discreet as possible, Luhan noticed.

 

“I’ll go check why we still have not got our drinks yet.” Hana excused herself and checked to see if Lay needed her there for moral support, but he was smiling and nodding so Hana concluded that he could handle himself. The girl at the register apologized profusely for the delay and rushed through a door leaving Hana waiting at the counter.

 

“The one with black rolled up sleeves is cuter.” Hana doesn’t eavesdrop but she couldn’t help but overhear the waitresses. She sincerely hoped the one with black rolled up sleeves wasn’t the guy she was thinking about.

 

“Yeah he is but the other one has pretty eyes!”

 

“But he’s got a dimple!”  Hana’s eyes popped. There was no mistaking it, they were definitely talking about Lay and Luhan. Frankly they can drool over Luhan and Hana wouldn’t mind, the guy was handsome, hot and even pretty when he wanted to be. But Lay? No. She turned around and saw two girls around her age looking towards the two males in awe.

 

“Look at his smile…Oh God he looks so cute! The dimple!”

 

Hana felt her eye twitch. She couldn’t blame her though; his dimple WAS to die for. Hana looked over the girl and insecurity washed over her. She was tall, pretty, had fair skin and pretty almond eyes. Her hair were curly and her full lips were pulled in a smile. She was so beautiful.

 

“We apologize! Your drinks will be with you in a minute. So sorry for the inconvenience.” Hana looked back towards the girl at the counter and gave her a small smile as she told her it was fine and went back to her table. Surprisingly they had moved to a proper conversation. Soccer was a shared interest and Lay and Luhan were busy discussing different clubs and tricks. Lay gave her a warm smile as acknowledgement of her presence and her dear cousin didn’t even bother to spare a glance at her.

 

“Captains always get the heat but vice captains don’t have it easy either. I’ve been both in high school and damn it wasn’t easy.”

 

“Yeap it’s hard but it’s fine as long as we get the team together and win.”

 

“We must-“

 

“Here are your drinks!” a shrill voice interrupted and Hana groaned. It was the same girl, not the doe eye lover but the dimple fan. The boys looked at her briefly with friendly smiles and Hana bit the inside of her cheek. She was taking longer than usual, how long can taking cups out of trays possibly take? Even after she distributed them she stood there, right between Lay and Luhan and Hana almost narrowed her eyes at her.

 

“Is it good?”

 

“Yes it is thank you.” Luhan answered and she waved him off and directed the question towards Lay to be more specific. The boy nodded and gave a half smile before continuing his conversation with Luhan. The girl let out a low squeal and almost hopped away. Why the heck was he smiling so much? He wasn’t doing Hana’s situation any favors.

 

“We should definitely get together for a game.” Luhan said and Lay eagerly nodded.

 

“Absolutely!” Lay nodded with a genuine toothy smile and Luhan chuckled making him look like a bag of wrinkles. On the bright side, things were going smooth. The girl kept making unnecessary trips to their table and Hana felt like crushing her cup.

 

“Oh! Hana you’re here too!”

 

“Ha ha very funny Luhan.” Hana sarcastically remarked and chewed a boba bean. Then on they included her in their conversation and Hana almost forgot about the girl. That peace didn’t last long though.

 

“These are compensation cakes. An apology for delaying your order.” She handed out three plates, each with a slice of cake on it. She handed Hana a strawberry one, Luhan a vanilla and gave Lay chocolate.

 

“The chocolate cakes here are the best. I hope you enjoy it.” she said biting her lip in a cute way and looking expectantly at Lay. Being the nice guy he is he gave her another formal smile but she didn’t go away.

 

“I’m Gyuri by the way.” Lay nodded again and awkwardly smiled. This guy needs to stop smiling.

 

“Here.” Hana saw the plate in front of her being taken away and her pink cake was replaced by a dark brown one. She looked up and saw Lay taking a spoon of the strawberry one and gave him a questioning look.

 

“But you don’t like strawberry.”

 

“But you love chocolate,” he shrugged and then gave her a wide smile, “besides, Gyuri-sshi said those are the best.”

 

“Which is why you should have them.”

 

“What sort of a boyfriend would that make me?” Hana became tongue tied because he openly mentioned that term in front of Luhan and Gyuri did a double take at Hana.

 

“Now be a good girl and carry on.”

 

“But-“

 

“Yo yo yo guys! I get it you’re dating and all but shouldn’t I get the best piece since I’m the oldest?”

 

“Are you my girlfriend?”

 

“Eww no.”

 

“Then no.” Luhan exaggeratedly gaped at Lay and started eating his cake. Hana saw Gyuri leave without another word looking very dejected. Now she kind of felt bad for her. Lay kicked her again and Hana focused her attention towards her boyfriend who was urging her to eat her cake. Gyuri didn’t come by the rest of their time there and Luhan offered to pay all three of them since he was the oldest. Lay wanted to walk with them to their house but Luhan said it wouldn’t be necessary so they parted ways. It was getting dark and they both were walking silently next to each other. It was a comfortable silence though, not the awkward suffocating one.

 

“Approved.” Luhan suddenly said out of the blue and Hana gave him a quizzical look.

 

“He seems nice. Even confident AND he plays soccer. Nice choice bunny.” Luhan playfully bumped their shoulders and Hana shyly looked away.

 

“Awww look at you getting all shy and stuff.” He sounded like those annoying aunts and squished her cheeks. Hana had to slap his hands away but she broke into a smile nonetheless.

 

“Be careful ok? And if he hurts you, you know what happens next right?” Hana gave him a look but Luhan looked more serious than before so she nodded and Luhan smile again.

 

 “By the way…..he’s Kris’s brother.” Luhan stopped in his tracks and Hana followed.

 

“Kris? Kris who?”

 

“Kris Wu.”

 

“No friggin way….. I spent three hours with my best friend’s brother and NOW you tell me?!” Luhan almost shouted and Hana hushed him. He looked…excited?

 

“Wow now I really approve that guy. But still, even if he’s Kris’s brother doesn’t mean he’s not capable of hurting you.”

 

“I know I know.”

 

“Does he know then…? About you I mean….?”

 

“I don’t think so,” Hana shook her head, “I recently found out their brothers. But Luhan, what if Kris doesn’t approve of me? what if he tells Lay and he freaks out and then leaves-“

 

“Hey hey Hana, calm down.” Luhan made her stop and hugged her. They were almost outside their house.

 

“I’m just scared.”

 

“And that’s ok..”

 

“But Luhan, what if-“

 

“No buts Hana. I know for a fact that Kris won’t disapprove you.”

 

“Lay-“

 

“If he leaves just because you’re not like the other girls then he’s an who doesn’t deserve you. If he can’t be with you when you need him, then you don’t deserve someone like him. Understood?” Luhan said every word with utmost seriousness. Hana stayed still for a while but then nodded.

 

“Good. Now give me that million dollar smile of yours.” Luhan tickled her and Hana laughed.

 

“Don’t be scared anymore ok. We got your back.”

 

 They continued their way and Luhan locked the front door. Sehun almost tripped at the last step and landed (safely) on the soft cushions on the floor, they originally belonged to the couch but Sehun was home alone so…..things weren’t really tidy.

 

“How did it go?!” he asked and Luhan stormed to his room with a displeased expression. Sehun grew worried and Hana looked like she would cry any second. Sehun hastily got up and took strides towards his cousin.

 

“Hana what happened?”

 

“He…he……”

 

“He what?” Sehun felt like dying and Hana just made his misery double with her lingering reply.

 

“He approves!” she suddenly squealed and Sehun stood stunned. He couldn’t process it. His brain started working and a smile as wide as Hana’s stretched on his face.

 

“HE APPROVES!”  they started jumping hand in hand when Luhan suddenly appeared.

 

“Alright alright party’s over. Manchester United versus Arsenal is starting in 30 minutes and I need my popcorns ready.”

 

Sehun let go of Hana and back hugged Luhan who gave him a weird look.

 

“Why are you so happy, it’s HER boyfriend.” Sehun nodded but didn’t let go.

 

“I’m so proud of you hyung.” He whispered in his ear. Hana didn’t hear it and went into the kitchen to get the supplies necessary to enjoy a match. Luhan tore his brother away from him and smiled.

 

“I’m still concerned Sehun.”

 

“I know but let’s just wait and see? Look she’s so happy.”

 

Luhan and Sehun saw Hana run around the kitchen and had brotherly smiles.

 

“I sincerely hope it stays that way.”

 

-

i'm a jerk i know......

sorry for the unusual delay....i didnt feel like writing for some reason.

hope you guys enjoy this chapter!