Kris

Baby Don't Cry

Things were going great. Luhan approved, Sehun was satisfied, not to mention Junmi almost flipped tables when she heard about the news. The only downside on Hana’s part was that the HunHan brothers started getting the “when will you two get a girl” lectures. They were obedient sons so they said nothing but Hana received glares from them during each of Junmi’s outbursts.

 

Luckily (and unluckily for Kai) the couple never showed PDA during their gatherings. It was like everything was normal. Hana and Lay remained as they were, sitting next to each other, talking as usual. It had been a month since they started dating and they both couldn’t be happier. Baekhyun and Kai asked if they ‘did something special’ on their ‘month-aversary’ and they sheepishly admitted that they didn’t. Hana confessed that annual anniversaries were the only things that made sense to her and Lay blatantly confessed that he with dates. That day Kai chewed his food in frustration, Sehun and Kyungsoo had to calm him down and Chanyeol took the liberty to hide the table knife. Kai worried about their dating life more than they did, poor guy, he knew they’d be one of those high school cutie couples who take things slow but this was just pathetic. If only he would pay attention, then he’d be able to see the secret glances, the fact that they held hands under the table, discreet winks, he missed them all. It was another one of those regular days when Lay gratefully announced that he had successfully finished the entire song, and that if they wanted to hear it they’d have to come over to his house.  

 

“It’s either my house or nowhere.”

 

“Heh. That’s not possible.” Kyungsoo challenged, “We’ll have to rehearse, you can’t keep it hidden forever.”

 

“You have a problem with coming over?”

 

“Of course not.”

 

“Then cork it. Baekhyun and Chanyeol don’t be late again please.” The said culprits assured they’d be punctual for once and Kai would naturally come with his cousin. Jongdae was grounded for accidentally burning the switch board. He was convinced he would be able to fix the problem with his ‘powers’ but he only ended up causing a 10 hour black out. Lay texted and informed him and though he texted back saying he’d love to but can’t, Baekhyun confidently took the responsibility of getting him there.

 

“So it’s done! I expect you guys there at 6. My mom’s not gonna be home so we can be as loud as we want. I have to go for practice right now so I’ll see you guys later!”

 

Hana was not comfortable with that at all. In 5 hours she was expected to reveal to her psychiatrist that she was dating his brother. Hana wasn’t sure if she was ready for this. Sehun agreed but later registered what happened and his bulged eyes bore holes in his cousin’s head. Lay high fived the rest but Sehun and Hana were too busy conversing with looks. Hana suddenly felt someone peck her cheek and immediately looked to find Lay standing dangerously close to her face with a smile.

 

“See you later.” He whispered and ran out of the café. Hana was used to kisses on cheeks but not in public. Sehun was a little dazed and honestly confused on how to react. The others didn’t make much out of it except Kai who looked like he was squealing internally. All those thoughts were pushed aside when Sehun grabbed her arm for attention and took her to the side to ask what she was going to do. She said she wasn’t ready to face them yet so she called Lay to tell him she wouldn’t be able to make it.

 

“But why not?” Hana could already imagine his disappointed expression and sighed.

 

“I…don’t know…” Lying wasn’t something she did so she gave him an honest answer. It’s not like Kris would throw a tantrum and kick her out of the house. They were decent, respectable people and Hana knew that. But there was something that made her hesitant to meet him as Lay’s girlfriend.

 

“Hey listen to me. You don’t need to worry about a thing ok?” He went on reassuring her but Hana still felt reluctant. How could she not worry? Well, to put it honestly she wasn’t worrying, she was freaking out.

 

“Do you trust me?” Hana broke her train of thoughts at his words. It may not sound like it but the question was very important. Did Hana trust him? They had been dating for just a month and she wasn’t so sure, but then she remembered the previous months, when he had been there for her when she needed someone the most and the tip of her lips tilted upwards.

 

“Hana? You there?”

 

“Uh yeah…I do.”

 

“You do what?”

 

“I do trust you.” Hearing her words Lay instantly felt extremely happy. She trusted him, and she even said it out loud!

 

“Well then trust me that it’ll all be fine. Don’t worry Hana you’re getting worked up over nothing.”

 

Hana took his word for it and cut the call. Well, on the bright side, it’d only be Kris….and Luhan DID say he’d be fine with it….. Sehun raised his eyebrows as inquiry and Hana sullenly shrugged. There was nothing she could do now. Well she COULD do one thing, and that would be to simply ditch. But that would definitely hurt Lay and make him feel like she doesn’t trust him enough, she didn’t want that.

 

They all left for their homes around 4 and decided to meet at Lay’s. Hana started having a mini panic attack once she stepped inside. Junmi had gone to Jeju a few days ago and she still wasn’t back, which meant Luhan had to (and was more than glad to) make her sit down and take deep breaths in order to calm her down. She started ranting and Luhan, even though he didn’t mean to, began laughing because he found her matter absurd. Sehun pulled Hana away from Luhan and made her change into another outfit albeit her protests. She didn’t see the logic in changing; she thought she looked just fine in her denim Capri and hoodie.

 

“If you want Kris to think that his brother is dating a hippie then by all means do keep wearing that.”

 

“Sehun, Kris has seen me in worse clothes in case you forgot.”

 

“That was as a patient.”

 

“What difference does it make?”

 

“Difference my child, is that now you’re not going as a patient but as his younger brother’s girlfriend. You should show a strong more confident image.”

 

“Despite knowing that he knows how my brain works and would know I’m freaking out.”

 

“Yes.”

 

Hana groaned and grabbed the clothes Sehun was shoving towards her. Why was he doing this all the time? Hana didn’t remember hiring him as her part time designer then what the heck? And what does he mean hippie? HE WAS THE ONE WHO PICKED THESE PIECES. Besides, he should change too, he looked like a-

 

“Stop thinking crap about me and go change.” Hana’s eyes widened and she ran into the bathroom. He had given her a white flowy midi skirt and a short sleeved yellow top. She liked the skirt so she wore it without any further complaints and by the time they both were done and ready, it was already 5:45. Luhan waved them goodbye and screamed “FIGHTING” even when they were half way down the street. He looked stupid and of course embarrassing but it kept a smile on Hana’s face so it didn’t matter.

 

-

 

“You’re running around and cleaning for once so I suppose Hana’s coming too?” Kris saw his brother picking up random things and putting them away. He’d stop every time he passed a mirror to check his hair and then start running again. Kris was having fun. The things a girl can do to you….. oh he was amused for sure.

 

“The guys have seen the house before and God forbid even your bed room, why are you suddenly so…..clean?”

 

“Like you said, Hana’s coming too.”

 

“Oh she is?”

 

“Uh, yes? I told you just now.”

 

“No you didn’t.”

 

“You just asked if she is or isn’t.”

 

“You didn’t reply though.”

 

Lay stopped running around to stare at his brother. Kris shrugged and Lay ‘tch’ed before he dumped the last of the wrappers in the dustbin. He tiredly walked back to Kris and plopped next to him on the couch.

 

“Don’t scare her.”

 

“Excuse me?” Kris scoffed and Lay sat up looking seriously at his brother.

 

“She’s nervous meeting you. Be nice alright I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable because of your trademark expression.” Kris had the itching curiosity to ask whether Hana knew the identity of Lay’s brother but he decided it’d be better not to, Lay was the suspicious kind, he’d ask questions and Kris wasn’t in the mood for answering any. Kris wanted to laugh because he probably knew Hana better than Lay, he was dead sure she hadn’t told him and Kris respected that. Kris did laugh though when he saw his brother jump and run towards the door at a single ding of the bell. He heard voices but none of them belonged to a girl so does that mean she ditched? Nah, she wasn’t the type. Lay came back with a slightly sulkier expression before with Sehun and Kai having offended expressions, a chuckling Kyungsoo and a narrow eyed Chanyeol behind them.

 

“A-yo what up Krease?”

 

“Wassup!” He brofist Chanyeol and then greeted the others while Lay disappeared into the kitchen. Sehun met Kris like they’ve never met before and gave him a knowing look. The older whispered something and Sehun smiled. Looking at the group he noticed there was more than one person missing.

 

“Where’s-“

 

“Jongdae was grounded so Baekhyun went to get him.” Kai supplied peeking into the kitchen.

 

“Okay, but why are you here?”

 

“Ouch. This song was created before my eyes, I deserve to see the final results.”

 

“Oooo-kay. And where’s my brother’s girlfriend?” Kris rubbed his hands and they heard a loud pop from inside the kitchen. Kyungsoo was the only responsible one so he ran to check and Sehun and Kai were already hogging the couch while flipping channels.

 

“We actually met Hana and Sehun on our way to Jongdae’s house. Baekhyun was supposed to go alone but-“

 

“Why weren’t you going with him?”

 

“I-uh…It was actually he who told Jongdae to do what he did…..but he didn’t think Jongdae’d be stupid enough to actually do what Baek said so….yea…plus you know how his mom is..she scares me a little.....” he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck before he clapped, “ back to the point, He didn’t want to go alone, and I obviously couldn’t go and Sehun was being a lazy -“

 

“I HEARD THAT!”

 

“- so Hana volunteered.” Chanyeol explained. He was nodding with pursed lips and a satisfied expression and Kris nodded along. Kyungsoo and Lay brought out snacks and other edibles. They didn’t listen to the song since Lay insisted the wait ‘til the other 3 arrived. Majorly because Hana wasn’t there, but also because Baekhyun was the vocalist and Jongdae deserved to be among the first to listen since he worked hard on it with him.

 

Hana wanted to be alone with Baekhyun; she had things to discuss with him which she couldn’t talk about in front of others. He was the only one who knew so it only made sense. Hana told Baekhyun her worry as well and unlike Luhan who simply laughed, Baekhyun seriously nodded and heard her every word with utmost seriousness.

 

“I won’t tell you not to worry since you’re gonna do it anyways. But why didn’t you tell me Kris hyung and aunt Fei are youe psychiatrists?”

 

“Because I recently found out too. Lay told me about his family and I remembered what she said about her sons, then I kind of fit the pieces.”

 

“You think they know?”

 

“I don’t know…. he’s still the same during therapy, so is Dr. Fei….I’m so confused I feel like I’m lying to them or something.”

 

“C’mon Hana that’s just stupid. How is this lying? You’re just dating Lay that’s it, what’s so wrong about that?”

 

“What’s wrong, is that he doesn’t know. He should know who he’s dating!”

 

“And he does! He’s dating Hana! The coolest, nicest, prettiest girl we all know.”

 

“Well she has depression!”

 

“I don’t see how that should get between your relationship.”

 

“He doesn’t know Baekhyun! And I’m not ready to tell him either.”

 

“If you don’t want to then don’t. What’s so bad Hana? everyone has secrets, you think I don’t? There are still plenty of things you don’t know about me but I will obviously tell you at some point. That’s just how things go. You’re not comfortable and that’s it. End of story.”

 

They both had stopped walking. Baekhyun stood in front of Hana who had a frown of worry on her face. He could see how confused she was and he wanted to comfort her in every way he could. He didn’t think she’d be so worried about meeting Lay’s family, moreover, over the fact that Lay doesn’t know about her having depression.

 

“I feel like a hypocrite.”

 

“You’re not one. Frankly Hana we all knew something was up with you when we met. You think we found it normal that you didn’t talk for six months?” Hana shook her head and he continued.

 

“But we still waited. Lay isn’t convinced that it was JUST your shy nature that kept you silent all this while, but he’s still with you isn’t he? So stop thinking bull that you’re liar or a hypocrite cuz you’re not. You’re Kim Hana, the strongest girl I know and a bad female who can win against Chanyeol in arm wrestling.”

 

Hana smiled at the last bit. Baekhyun gave his typical rectangular smile and patted Hana’s head before ruffling her hair.

 

“You worry too much Hanster.” He chuckled and she fixed her hair with a frown. He pinched her cheeks to and she slapped his hands away. She was laughing by now and that’s exactly what he wanted.

 

“Thank you.” She suddenly said as they were outside Jongdae’s house.

 

“Anytime Hanster.”

 

“Hanster?”

 

“Yeah, you know, like Hana and hamster?” Hana gave him a ‘AreYouKiddingMe?’ look and Baekhyun shrugged before knocking on the door and bracing himself.

 

“Why are you suddenly so nervous?”

 

“You know he’s grounded cuz of that stupid super power thing right?”

 

“Yeah….so?”

 

“It was my idea.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“I have to clear his name so help me out ok?”

 

“I understand,” she nodded and turned to him again, “but why would you suggest such a thing?”

 

“Because I never thought he’d actually listen.”

 

“Right.”

 

“It’s kind of great that you came along, since you’re a girl we might get let off easily.”

 

“That’s a very ist comment.”

 

“As long as it works i frankly don't care.”

 

Hana giggled and Baekhyun relaxed as he snickered with her but it all halted when the door opened revealing a sweet looking lady in an apron.

 

 -

 

“You ready?”

 

“No.” Hana shook her head and Baekhyun squeezed her hand.

 

“Don’t worry, I got your back.”

 

“Ready for what? Guys?”

 

The door swung open and Baekhyun pulled Hana in. He nodded at Sehun who was holding the door and Jongdae walked in.

 

“You guys! We’ve been waiting for like 40 minutes now!” Kai exclaimed and Baekhyun immediately found Lay next to the couch. Lay glanced at their hands and although Baekhyun was his friend, he didn’t like it.

 

“Sorry guys, it took a while to convince his mom.” Baekhyun twirled Hana so she landed right on Lay’s chest and smiled victoriously as she did. Kai was a second away from taking their photo when Kyungsoo took his phone away and Chanyeol rose.

 

“So did you get it?”

 

“Yup! We got it.” Baekhyun replied and Jongdae came inside with Sehun.

 

“Guys I’m not a limited edition Givenchy perfume, what’s with the ‘it’?” No one heard Jongdae’s complaining and Sehun patted his back as he laughed and joined Kai. Despite being in an audience, Lay didn’t let go of Hana and she looked around rather embarrassed. PDA with them was not usual, especially being this close, this never happened even when they were alone. But maybe that was probably because they were never ‘alone’ alone.

 

“Took you long.” he said and Hana slightly blushed.

 

“I-it…..we uh….His mom didn’t let us leave without having a f-ew snacks.”  She stuttered and tried to look away. The guys actually had the decency to not look at them. Lay liked the situation because he always loved it when she blushed because of him but he let her go as he wasn’t used to such public displays either. Kyungsoo made space for Hana to sit and offered her some popcorns and she reluctantly took a handful. She was a little dazed over what just happened and even Kris left her mind for a while.

 

“Where’s Kris hyung?”

 

And Jongdae just HAD to mention him.

 

“He’s in the bathroom. Should be out- OH there he is!”

 

And Hana’s heart stopped. She suddenly felt extremely extremely  scared.

 

“Finally Byun Baekhyun has made his entrance!” Hana heard the familiar voice and the 0.001% chance she thought that maybe she was confusing two Kris’ was extinguished. Baekhyun happily greeted Kris and so did Jongdae and Lay excitedly took Hana’s hand and pulled her up. Her back was towards Kris and Lay in front of her was beaming out of excitement. He said “My brother,” and immediately went to his brother’s side to get him to her. Baekhyun back peddled and stood next to Hana as did Sehun.

 

“Relax Han.”

 

“We’re here Hanster don’t worry.”

 

She took deep breaths and closed her eyes. Luhan’s words suddenly came back to her.

 

“I’m sorry for laughing but Hana really, don’t be so scared. The Kris I know will never reject you for a reason as shallow as that. Believe me on that one please. And if he tells Lay, and he backs out, then you didn’t deserve him.”

 

“So this is Hana?” She heard Kris as he stood right behind her. She opened her eyes with determination and turned around as she forced a smile.  She knew he’d look through it but she had to at least fake it in front of others. Hana expected him to stutter, to gawk at her, wide eyes, anything that remotely looked like shock, but he only smiled. Instead of Kris, it was Hana who was surprised at his normal behavior. He greeted her as if he hadn’t met her before and no matter how hard she tried not to stutter, she did. Lay was whispering something to Kyungsoo and they both chuckled at the say her nervous state. Baekhyun and Sehun had encouraging smiles when she glanced at them and even Kris was giving her a knowing smile.

 

Another ten minutes were spent getting to know each other before Lay ran upstairs to get the music sheets. He had Baekhyun and Kyungsoo go with him so they could practice the lyrics a little before they showed it to others. Hana new the rhythm already so they let her stay down an.d Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongdae had immersed themselves in a competition of making the tallest UNO Card tower.

 

Kris playfully flicked Chanyeol’s and Sehun’s foreheads but luckily it didn’t divert much of their concentration and went into the kitchen. Hana’s hands were clammy and all the piling questions were giving her a headache. She wanted to know what Kris thought, she wanted to know the reason behind his indifference; she wanted to know so much. To get her answers she’d have to ask him, was she ready to? He had seen her now, there was no point of hiding anymore. She walked past the crouching group on the floor and went into the kitchen to see Kris going through the cupboards.

 

“Oh Hana! Want some cereal?” he smiled and ushered her in. Hana declined the offer and stood awkwardly next to the sink as she saw the male pour milk into his bowl. He offered her some and she declined yet again. He asked if she needed something and she nodded but didn’t specify what. She expected him to know. He only looked at her confused and Hana had no option but to say it out loud.

 

“You…How-…Why are you…so normal?” her voice was weak and Kris raised a brow.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Kris.” She seriously said and the latter’s expression changed.

 

“You’re pretending as if you’ve never met me. Why?”

 

“Because you’re doing the same.” Hana’s brows knit and Kris gave her a plain expression.

 

“I’m dating your brother.”

 

“I know.”

 

“And you’re fine with it?”

 

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I be?” Hana gave him a bewildered expression and Kris shrugged with a slight smirk.

 

“I…have depression. And YOU know that. Each and everything, you know what goes on in my head, and you’re still fine with it?”

 

“You want me to have a problem then?” he rose a brow and Hana shook her head after a moment of thought.

 

“Then why are you convincing me that I shouldn’t approve of you?”

 

“I’m not it’s just…… I didn’t-“

 

“Expect me to be so cool? Don’t worry people make that mistake often.”

 

“I’m serious Kris.”

 

“So am I. I don’t see any problem with you two being together Hana.”

 

“But-“

 

“Come here.” He called her over and made her sit on the work top albeit her protests.

 

“I have no problem whatsoever with you dating my brother. I know you have depression, I know you’re not fully recovered, but I still have no problem. Why? Because it doesn’t matter. Just because you’re depressed does not mean you cannot have your share of happiness. And if my brother is that reason, then I’m honestly proud of him.” Hana felt warm all of a sudden, her eyes got glassy and Kris gave her a soft smile.

 

“Your illness has nothing to do with who you are. And what you are is a really amazing person. And Hana you’re recovering. If I know how sick you are then I also know how much you recovered.”

 

“Did you…did you know? That I’m the one he’s dating?” her voice was low and thick with emotions. Kris nodded.

 

“Yeah I knew, I saw you at the bubble tea shop.” He informed and Hana nodded.

 

“I’m fine with it, and I’m sure mom would be too. And Hana even if we weren’t you don’t have to worry about that. Lay likes you that’s all that matters.”

 

“I haven’t told him….. “

 

“That’s your choice. And don’t worry I won’t tell him either, we have a privacy policy. Tell him when you’re ready and I promise you he won’t leave. That’s what you’re scared of right?”

 

“Sort of…”

 

“I know my brother Hana. He can be extremely unreasonable and harsh when he’s pissed but this isn’t something he would be angry about. Trust me when I say this, he isn’t that big of an . So keep doing what you’re doing, don’t tell him if you don’t feel like it. If there’s anything you need, or any help you want to understand my thick headed brother, I’m always available.”

 

Hana sniffed and nodded. Kris smiled and patted her head before giving her a tissue.

 

“Now wipe those tears and smile. I don’t want my brother to kill me ‘cz I made his sweetie cry.”

 

Hana scoffed and hit Kris. He merely laughed and backed away. After a glass of water and two more tissues Hana and Kris were out in the living room. Sehun gave her a worried gaze and she replied with an assuring smile. She really was feeling better. Suddenly she felt like an idiot, she was worried over nothing. Luhan was right, Sehun was right, so was Baekhyun. Her reasons were legitimate but Kris wasn’t that kind of a person. A huge load left her chest and she could finally breathe normally.

 

Lay, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo came back. They looked extremely excited and Kyungsoo grabbed Hana. He was way too excited and Hana sat on the piano bench in the corner of the room. Hana began playing and looked forward to what she’d hear; Lay was sitting opposite her with his guitar in place and winked. She pretend she didn’t look but her smile gave her away. Her fingers began moving once the room was silent and the sounds echoed in the entire house. Baekhyun’s voice followed; soon Kyungsoo’s and Lay joined with his guitar. It took a lot of Hana’s concentration not to lose herself in their voices and not mess up. The lines were divided between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, Lay joined during the chorus and that’s it. The song ended and the applause was satisfying. The lyrics were amazing and Hana couldn’t believe Lay had written them.

 

“Its kick ! LOVE IT! but…..that part before the bridge, it seems like there’s something missing.” Jongdae commented and Lay nodded.

 

“Yup. That’s why, Chanyeol, I need you to rap.” Lay called out and Chanyeol looked confused for a second before he beamed.

 

“Really? Me?!”

 

“Yes you. I need you to write it too. You heard how the song is so adjust according to that. here,” Lay handed Chanyeol a copy of the lyrics which he excitedly took, “here’s are the lyrics so make sure your rap fits alright? Once you’re done with that we’ll have you join practices.” Chanyeol was beyond excited and nodding aggressively.

 

“Why weren’t you singing though?” Sehun asked. Lay was about to respond but Kyungsoo beat him to it.

 

“Cuz he’s a drama queen who can’t sing on stage.” Lay glared at his friend and Kyungsoo indifferently shrugged.

 

“But you sang that day.” Kai absentmindedly added and immediately regretted when he saw a more intense version of Lay’s glare being directed towards him. Jongdae awkwardly chuckled and changed the topic before Hana noticed and it wasnt long after when they were all sprawled across the sofa playing video games. Kris, Baekhyun and Sehun were in one team while Kyungsoo, Kai, Chanyeol were in the other. Jongdae was celebrating his liberation by going crazy on the internet. Hana and Lay were the only ones not hypnotized by the inventions of science.

 

“Wanna see my room?” Hana looked up from the lyrics sheet. Lay had an expectant look and Hana nodded. She was curious anyways. Upstairs on the left, there was his room. Hana had heard Lay was the messy type but his room was surprisingly clean. The was a bed in the middle of the room and the walls were off-white. There were photo frames on the side tables and a stuffed ice blue unicorn sitting right between the pillows. A guitar stand near the wardrobe and a messy desk next to the door gave it a more youthful vibe. What Hana loved about his room was the balcony. She always wanted a room with a balcony but that would probably have to wait.

 

“Sorry I uh….forgot to get rid of these.” Lay hurriedly stuffed the random sheets into the drawers. Hana chuckled and looked around.

 

“Neat. I thought it’d be all messy and stuff based on what the guys say.”  Hana said and Lay nodded, “I cleaned it today to be fairly honest.” Hana giggled and he rubbed the back of his neck while smiling. There was a wall length mirror next to the desk and Hana walked closer to it.

 

“Wow….cool mirror. I didn’t think you’d be so high on vanity.” She joked and Lay mock laughed.

 

“I used to dance when I was a kid, so I had this put in my room for practice and stuff.” He saw his reflection standing behind hers and smiled.

 

“You dance?”

 

“Danced. Past tense.”

 

“Why isn’t it still present tense?”

 

“I don’t know….I don’t have time anymore I guess.” He looked at her and she looked at him. She thought he looked handsome in the white V neck shirt and he thought he hadn’t seen anyone look more prettier in a white skirt. He suddenly took her hand and spun her around. Hana stared at him wide eyed as he grabbed her hand and placed the other on her waist.

 

“I can still dance though. Wanna see?” he playfully asked and Hana broke into a smile. They dance around without proper music. The only tune they had was the ‘La la la’s Lay was making. They both ended up laughing at one point, Lay didn’t let go though.

 

“I envy you.” Hana said as she looked at the balcony, “I’ve always wanted a room with a balcony.” He followed her gaze and chuckled before pulling her towards it. Sliding the glass door he gestured him to follow her through it. It was slightly breezy and Hana liked it. It was dark and the stars were out. He left Hana as she gazed at the tiny lights in the sky and dragged two bean bags behind him. For a while they just sat in silence. No words were exchanged, just their presence was enough. Lay took the opportunity to break the silence since he was curious.

 

“How do you find my brother?”

 

“He’s…really nice.” Hana responded and Lay smiled widely.

 

“See, I told you he was nice. You were worried for nothing.”

 

“Yeah…nothing.” Hana scoffed as she slowly nodded. She really was worried for nothing. She should’ve known though, Kris wasn’t that type of a person but you can’t blame a girl for being worried.

 

“And the song?”

 

Hana had no words to describe how much it blew her away. Everything about that track was so beautiful that she wanted to hear it over and over again. She told him that no matter what she said, she won’t be able to explain how amazing she thought it was and how she was impressed that Lay was the one who wrote it. He was being modest but Hana really wanted him to know what an amazing piece he wrote.

 

“You’re just saying that.”

 

“Honestly Lay, it was beautiful. The feel, the lyrics, everything. And Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s voices fit just perfectly.”

 

“Yup, they’re blessed. Just wait till Chanyeol writes that rap, I feel like his voice will create this….this feel that I think is missing. It’s just…ugh how do I explain this!” Hana giggled at his excited state. The way his eyes sparkled whenever he talked about music made him look even more handsome and Hana fell deeper every time.

 

“I know I know you don’t have to explain. But….why didn’t you sing? The lines can be divided within three people you know.”

 

“Yeah I know. I don’t sing live Hana, it’s not my thing.” He said and got up. Hana saw him walk towards the railing and she followed close behind.

 

“Do you feel nervous?” she asked looking at him sideways making him look towards her as well.

 

“Can we please not talk about this?” he chuckled as he said so and Hana mimicked his action.

 

“Come on! It’s such a beautiful song, and you can easily have a part in it. Plus I’ve heard you sing Lay, Your voice is amazing.”

 

His heart swelled when he heard her say that and he ducked his head in embarrassment.

 

“Thanks. But still, I find it nerve wrecking to sing in public, all the attention makes me sick.”

 

“But you sang that day.”

 

“That’s different.”

 

“How so?”

 

“It was special, it was for you.” They stared at each other and Hana heard her heart beating in her ears. Lay got lost in her deep brown eyes and he swears he’s never felt this way before. He reached for her hand and she curled her fingers around his.

 

“When Onew hyung pushed me on stage, he told me to only look at you. The song I sang that day, it was for you. This song that I wrote, it’s inspired by you. I tried to imagine you and that’s probably why the lyrics came out that way.” he unconsciously stepped closer but Hana didn’t notice, she was too busy trying to digest what he was telling her. It made her feel so many emotions at the same time.

 

“When you smile, sun shines~ for me it really does. The very first time you smiled, it felt like I saw all the beauty the world had to offer. I imagined the pain I felt when I saw you crying, and then imagined that you had probably spent nights crying alone and that made me feel…..really really sad.” He paused and let out a small laugh. Hana felt his breath on her neck and felt shivers. He was so close, and for the first time, she liked the proximity.

 

“So…the next time you sing…” her voice was a low whisper. Her voice got stuck in and her brain went haywire. What was she going to say again?

 

“It’ll only be for you.”

 

They were silent once again, the only sound hear was of their breathing and that’s it. Her gaze was focused on him while his bore into her eyes. They’ve never felt this way; they’ve never let anyone get this close. Lay’s never sung live, not even for his brother, and Hana’s never let anyone get this close to her, physically and emotionally. Her brain was fuzzy.

 

“I really, really, like you Hana….a lot.” He breathed.

 

“I really, really, like you too….. a lot.”

 

-

i feel like killing myself while writing it. also, my sister's laptop is gone for maintainace or whatever, and we have to share. which is why the update is late.

Forgive me oh good people of earth ;_;