Chapter 15

Not So Lonely Anymore
Please log in to read the full chapter

~*Narrator's POV*~

 

Two days later during after Jinyoung got home from his shift at the Arcade, it was already 9pm and Jinyoung was hungry, so Hyojin wasted no time and started to make Dinner for them both.

 

"Hey Spirit Girl, I got a question to ask." Jinyoung approached her in the kitchen. Hyojin was somehow surprised that within this whole week and two days, she was always the first one to start the conversation but this time Jinyoung did.

 

"Mm? What is it?" Hyojin asked in her polite tone as she mixed the ingredients in the soup.

 

"Well you see..." Jinyoung pondered for a while on whether or not he should ask her about a particular question but since he already did reveal his past to her, a past that he rarely told to just anyone, he believes that he could ask her this one thing cause ever since that convo they had about his past made him seem to trust Hyojin a bit more.

 

Jinyoung took a deep breath. "I was sorta hoping, since you're a Joy- something spirit and all..." He paused yet again. This made Hyojin turn down the heat for the small stove and glance at him.

 

"Well, go on say it already." Hyojin said as she continued to stir the soup for the stew.

 

Jinyoung thought for a moment and just shook his head, "Nevermind. I'll ask you some other time." He then walked out of the kitchen and entered his room. Leaving a slightly confused Hyojin by the kitchen.

   

~*Hyojin's POV*~

 

Well that was odd of him. What question did he have to ask me anyway? As I was stirring the soup I imagined some pretty weird things such as, He was going to ask me if I liked anyone and then ask me out on what humans call a da— Whoa there! Hyojin don't think about these things. Remember you were sent down here for a mission which is to bring Jinyoung friends.

 

Besides, what's there to like in me anyway? I'm a Spirit, a spirit who brings joy to others by finding friends. I couldn't possibly like a human... Can I? I shook my head and pushed all those thoughts away.

 

Aish, Hyojin you're overthinking again. I scolded myself mentally and turned off the stove and transferred the soup into a huge bowl. Don't ask how I did it. It was hard. Nah, I just used a simple levitating spell, no biggie. Those type of spells don't wear me out, since I'm one of the experienced Joylee spirits. Well time to tell Jinyoung dinner is ready.

   

~*Jinyoung's POV*~

 

Aish, what was I thinking? Going to ask her for her help with Eunmi back there. Sure I told her my past and everything but Eunmi is a different case. Why did I have to like a girl who would seem to be to good for me?

 

I messed my hair up and stared at the wall, while sitting on my bed. Aish. I just s

Please log in to read the full chapter