Chapter 13

Not So Lonely Anymore
Please log in to read the full chapter

~*Hyojin's POV*~

 

Jinyoung stared into his ice cream for a moment and then dropped his spoon. Before abruptly leaving without saying where he was going.

I placed my spoon in my mouth, tasting the blueberry flavor of ice cream on my tongue. I pondered on why he just left like that.

Sandeul, Baro and I were sitting down on the grass while eating our ice cream and I tried to remember the look in his eyes. They held regret and sadness.

"Hey Baro-yah, I wonder why Jinyoung Hyung left like that." Sandeul wondered outloud. Baro shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat his ice cream and then took Jinyoung's cup.

"Yah, share, I paid for the ice cream!" Sandeul said fighting over the ice cream.

"Aniya! Hyung gave it to me~" Baro stuck his tongue out.

I placed my cup down, along with my half eaten ice cream. I need to find him.

"Sandeul, Baro I'll go look for Jinyoung now. See you both tomorrow!" I said while getting up, leaving my ice cream behind.

"Oh, Okay then. Ah! What about your ice cream?" I heard Sandeul ask.

I turned my head slightly, and told him he could have it instead. I then jogged around the park in hopes to find Jinyoung. But where could have he had gone?

I stopped jogging for a while, panting slightly. I guess I would have to go into spirit mode now. It makes it easier for me to find him. I hid behind a tree, making sure now one was to see me and once I felt that no one was looking I went into spirit mode.

I floated off the ground and flew up high, as tall as the tall buildings around. Being a Spirit has its advantages. And this was one of them too. I glanced everywhere and looked for Jinyoung.

Aigo, Hyojin you pabo. I forgot that I could just focus on where he was. I slowly went down on one of the building's roof and closed my eyes, trying to locate where he was. Being a Joylee spirit, we could tell where the person were helping was by just focusing on them, really hard.

And after a few minutes of focusing, I pinpointed where he was. Well Jinyoung, I'm on my way.

 

~*Jinyoung's POV*~

I sat on the swing and stared at the sky, letting out a heavy sigh. I haven't had that flashback in so long. I closed my eyes and started to think back unknowingly.
 

I was pushed out of the car after hearing a loud screech and a crash. It was all black for a moment but when I opened my eyes I saw thick grey smoke and fire.
"Umma? Appa? Noona?" I called out rubbing my eyes. The smoke was too think for me to see but when the smoke started to clear away, I saw a clear picture of a car accident. I saw our car against another car in flames and people crowding around it.

My eyes widen as I ran to the car while screaming for my Umma, Appa and Noona. Tears streamed down my face.

"UMMA!! APPA!! NOONA!!" I cried out trying to get to the car but a police lady stopped me and crouched down.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry but please stay calm" She said trying to calm me down. But I wouldn't stop crying for my family and tried to get away from the police lady's grip. I heard whispers around me from the other citizens like, 'The poor child', 'So young', 'His family in a car crash? Tsk. Poor thing'.

I covered my ears not wanting to hear what they say, my family isn't dead. I know they'll survive right? I kept on crying but the police lady carried me and started to take me away. I tried to get away from her once more but she held me tightly and placed me inside the police car.


 

I placed a hand on my forehead and shook my head,  "It was my fault." I mumbled to myself and stood up.

"It was all my fault!" I kicked the sand on the ground and let out a loud groan.

Please log in to read the full chapter