Chapter 12

Not So Lonely Anymore
Please log in to read the full chapter

~*Hyojin's POV*~

 

What was that surge of pain that I felt earlier? I sat on the bench while waiting for Baro and Sandeul to buy some ice cream.

It was odd that I would get surges of pain like that, I am a Joylee spirit after all, I'm supposed to be healthy! Meh, maybe it's one of those staying-in-the-human-realm-for-too-long sickness or something. Glad it was over though, the pain's all gone.

"Are you really alright?" I heard Jinyoung ask me. I glanced to my left and saw him sitting there with his hood on, and his hands inside the pocket of his blue jacket.

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head.  

"You looked like you were really in pain back there." Jinyoung said, moving his head a little to look at me.

I bit my bottom lip, so he did notice I was in pain?

"Whatever do you mean Jinyoung-sshi?" I don't really like it when people fuss over me because I'm in pain or something, afterall it'll go away soon once it's healed.

"Don't act like I don't know. I saw the why your eyes screamed pain each time you tagged me earlier..." Jinyoung stated in a monotone voice. He noticed? Whoa. No need to really hide it then.   I inhaled and then let it out. "Fine, maybe I was... But I feel all better now~!" I smiled.   Jinyoung fully looked at me and placed his hand on my head like I was some puppy. "Don't hide your pain again okay? If you're in pain just say so. It's not good to hide it." For a moment there I noticed a different side of Jinyoung, the one that rarely appeared. His caring side.  

Why is it that when he said those words my heart slightly fluttered, and my face flushed a tinge of pink. I slowly nodded my head. "Okay, I promise that I won't hide my pain and tell you when I feel so." I said as he tapped his fingers on top of my head a few times and then removed his hand from my head, going back to his old sitting position and staring straight ahead.

"Good." He mumbled and gestured his head towards the ice cream stand. "Sandeul and Baro are on their way here."

I looked forward and saw that they were coming holding two cups of ice cream in each hand. "Here ya go~ Blueberry for Hyojin~" Sandeul beamed giving me my ice cream which I took in happiness.

"And here you go Hyung, we didn't know what you liked so we just got vanilla~" Baro said sheepishly but what Jinyoung said just surprised me.

"I don't eat ice cream." Jinyoung scrunched his nose.

"How could you not?!" I gasped almost immediately when he said it.   Jinyoung just shrugged his shoulders, "I just don't."   I furrowed my brows and slightly pushed out my bottom lip, as if putting on my determined face. "Have you ever tried it?" I asked.   "I have." He paused,"But I didn't like it." T
Please log in to read the full chapter