Chapter 3

A Chance Meeting

When morning came the warm sunlight hit your face through the window. You opened your eyes slowly to see Xiumin, asleep, sitting in a chair beside the bed with a blanket over him. ‘He looks so adorable asleep. Don’t want to wake him now.’ You remove the blanket from on top of you and sit up on the bed. That beautiful sleeping face was disturbed by him waking up; still beautiful though. “Good morning sleepy head,” you said while giving off a small giggle.

He smiled back and replied with a smile, “Good morning. How long have you been up? Are you hungry?” You look at him in the eyes then shook your head no. After you did that your stomach sounded like a dying whale it was that bad of a grumble. “Right! I don’t think you had any dinner last night! I should’ve known. I’m sorry. I’ll make something, what would you like?”

“Do you have any pancake mix and chocolate chips?”

“Yeah, we do. Chocolate chips though? Never had pancakes with them before. . . But I am willing to try it because it sounds great!” You and Xiumin start heading to the kitchen which wasn’t far from the room. Xiumin stops and looks at you. “How about a race to the kitchen? If I win you have to stay another night.”

“Sure,” you said getting competitive, “and if I win you need to take me out on a date.” At this point both you and him were both blushing.

“Ok, deal.” You shook hands. “Ready, set. . .  GO!!” You both took off for the kitchen. Just a few steps in there and you slipped and fell right on your face. Smooth one dip. You lie there, on the hard floor trying to get yourself up. Xiumin stopped and ran to you to help you up.

“OH MY GOSH, ARE YOU OKAY?!” he said panicking not knowing what to do. “I should have warned you that this floor is slippery!! I’m so sorry!”

You put your hand on his masculine forearm. You didn’t know he was this built, oh my~. Anyway, you said, “Yeah, I’m fine. Please don’t worry, it wasn’t your fault so don’t blame yourself,” trying to calm him down. Just then your nose started to bleed. Xiumin ran around the kitchen franticly looking for some paper towels as you hold your nose so blood won’t be dropped on the floor.

He found some paper towels and gave them to you. You hold a paper towel up to your nose and say, “Thank you. I guess I lost though so I need to stay another night. Come over to my apartment with me because. .  . I’m still a bit lost and also need some help with packing for another night.” Xiumin agreed and thus you both left the house to go your apartment.