Chapter 20

A Chance Meeting

“Ah! I still need to call Yuki!” Once again, you grabbed your phone and called her, informing your friend of the news.

“Really? Is it really ok with them that I stay?” she asked with a bit of excitement in her voice.

“They’re all ok with it. I had Xiumin talk it out with them to make sure.”

“That’s great! Um, I’ll be there in a bit. Lemme pack up my stuff first thought. Anyway, bye.” Yuki ended the call.

 

After about 10 minutes, Yuki arrived.

Knock, knock, knock

“Hold on, I’m coming,” you yelled as you made your way to the door. You peered through the little hole in the door to make sure that it was Yuki and not a crazy fan of EXO’s. It was Yuki (thankfully). “About time you got here!” You opened up the door and gesturing to your friend to come inside. “Also, what kind of pizza do you like?”

“Hmm, peperoni and sausage,” she answered with a smile.

“Too bad. I ordered cheese pizza. Hope you like it.” You stuck your tongue out to .

Yuki playfully punched your arm and laughed. “You piece of . But oh well, just cheese is nice as well.”

“Here, while we wait we could play a video game on Sehun’s Xbox 360. Let’s see here. . .” You went over by a bookshelf full of games. One game caught your eye and you pulled the case out, now holding it to show Yuki. “How about this one? It’s Halo 4.”

“Meh, I’ll play. Just let me warn you, I at first-person shooters.” She scratched the back of her head.

You smile as you turn on the console, putting the game in.

More knocks were heard at the door and, without hesitating, you answer it for it was the pizza delivery guy.

 

Both Yuki and you spent the rest of that evening playing Halo and eating pizza before you both fell asleep.

 

Next morning, er, afternoon, you wake up on the couch. Yuki was on the floor with a half-eaten pizza on her bare belly. Not that she was ! She  just had her shirt up to just under her .

You grabbed a black marker that was sitting on the table with the lamp on it. “Never pass out when markers are about~,” you sang to yourself quietly so you wouldn’t disturb her slumber.

Just then, she said, “Stay away from me, dammit.” You froze instantly, seizing everything including your breathing. She scratched her face then laid her arm back on the floor. Yuki seemed as if she was still asleep but you didn’t dare move. Once the girl started snoring you knew she was just talking in her sleep.

Letting out a big sigh of relief, you tip-toed towards her body, holding in your laughter. You crouched down next to her and placed the tip of the marker on her face, below her nose. Making a line curling up, one half of her beautiful moustache was made.

As you placed the marker to start the next half your phone rang. You ran to silence it but Yuki already shot up, wide-eyed.

“Why is that thing so loud?!” she yelled at you with a half sleepy, half angry expression.

“I-I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you!” You took a look at your phone to see the caller. It was Tao. ‘Why is he calling?’ you thought. “I need to answer this.” You stepped outside and answered the call. “Hello?”

“Y-Yuni. . .” he said with a wavering voice as if he’d been crying.

“Yes? What is it, Tao?”

“I-It’s Xiumin-hyung. H-he. . . During our performance it started to rain, m-making the stage wet because it was an open stage area. Xiumin-hyung. . .” His voice trailed off into sobbing. Other cries in the background were heard as well.

“Here, let me tell her, hyung,” a voice had said. Tao handed the phone to the male. “Ok. Umm. . . Xiumin-hyung fell off of the stage during out performance. He hit his head on the pavement. . . hard. Hyung is unconscious and isn’t waking up no matter what. We called an ambulance and now we’re in the hospital. From what the medics told us in the ambulance. . . hyung is in a coma. Yuni, Xiumin-hyung is in a coma. . .” The voice was Baekhyun and he started to cry. Everyone was sobbing, even you.

Tears were running down your cheeks and blurred your vision. “Baekhyun-oppa. . . Please. Please tell me you’re lying. . .”
Baekhyun’s voice quivered, “I can’t. . . I-I’m sorry Yuni. I just can’t tell you that I’m lying. . .”

You felt your heart shatter into tiny pieces and you fell to your knees. Everything went numb. It was like time had stopped.

The front door of the door opened up. “Hey, Yuni. Why are you just sitting there?” Yuki had stepped out to check on you. When she got to you, she noticed your tears streaming down the sides of your face. “Wh-What’s wrong?! Yuni!!”

You couldn’t answer. Yuki looked down at your phone, saw the call status, and took your phone from your lightly gripped hands.

“Hey! Tell me what’s going on! I demand an answer as to why my friend is crying!!”

A blackness fog started to steal your vision. You became loose and started to fall over – blacking out.

“Yuni!!” Yuki had caught you before your body hit the ground. That was the last thing you remember.