Chapter 17

A Chance Meeting

 

He and you finished off your beverages and food. Xiumin looked at you, staring into your eyes, smiling.

You blushed and asked, “What is it?” in a love-struck tone.

“Nothing”, he said leaving a short pause. “Why are you so beautiful?” His words hung in the air for a bit, playing in your head over and over again. Twice today he’s called you beautiful.

This made you visibly smile and answered saying, “Genetics.” You stuck your tongue out to . Xiumin poked your forehead and smiled.

“So, are you finished?”

“I am indeed.”

“Alright, then let’s get a move on. I still want to take you places, Yuni.” He held out his hand to you. You nodded and placed your hand in his. Smiling, Xiumin got up from his seat, as did you. “Ready?” You nodded once more and he walked out of the coffee shop, pulling you along, leaving the wonderful scents of that place.

The warm breeze brushed against your face upon exiting the building. The sun shone brightly and kissed your cheeks, leaving a smile. “So,” you asked, “where are we headed?”

He looked back at you and replied, “To the park. It’s nice out today and I haven’t been there in ages.” No more questions were asked as you both made your way to the park.
As you two made your way to the park you could hear the children laughing and playing. It got louder the closer you got. Finally you made it there and Xiumin brought you over to a tree, to be under some shade, and sat down. He looked up at you and patted the space to the left of him. “Sit. The grass is nice and soft,” he said letting out a small chuckle.

You crouch, about to sit down and then you ended up falling back, busting your and the lower part of your back. Girl. Girl, please. You klutz. Stop falling.

“Are you ok?” he asked with a concerned look mixed with a face that was about to laugh.

“I-I’m just fine. Leg gave out on me is all.” Xiumin laughed and you blushed with embarrassment. hA!! Idiot.

He placed his cold hand on your back and lightly patted it multiple times, calming his laughter. The cold sent shivers down your spine thus creating goose-bumps on your skin. Xiumin, noticing this, stopped and put his hand on his lap, looking down.

“What’s wrong, Xiumin?” you asked him putting you hand on his freezing cold shoulder. His cold shoulder hurt your hand, making your joints stiffen and hand become numb. He grabbed your wrist and took your hand off of his shoulder.

“I saw your goose-bumps and your pained expression a bit ago.” He paused. “I can give you frostbite. . . And it’ll hurt. It’s happened to someone I loved when I was younger.” There was a silence between the two. Then he spoke once again. “I don’t want it to happen again. . . I need to control my feelings. If my love is strong, I can freeze someone just by touching them. If my hatred is strong, I can freeze the person just the same as my strong love. But, by freezing them, I could kill. . . And, I just. . . don’t want that to happen to you.” A single tear drop slid down his face but before it reached his chin it froze. “I love you so much.”

You stared into his dark brown eyes for a moment. “And I love you too.” You moved in closer to his face, closing your eyes, and finally placing your warm lips on his cold ones.

A random little boy ran up and exclaimed, “Eww!! They’re kissing!! Blech. Get a room. That guy’s got girl cooties!! Eww!!” He ran away yelling, “Don’t touch me with your nasty girl cooties. Girls are gross.”

Xiumin looks at you and just laughed and kisses you again, ignoring the boy. You blush upon getting kissed by him as well as seeing his adorable smile.