Chapter 1

A Chance Meeting

You're walking on the street on your way home after a long day of school and work. The only thing lighting up the streets is the dim street lights teaming with moths and many other bugs. As usual, you walk alone to your apartment exhausted and wanting to lie in your comfy bed to rest for the night. Just the thought of it comforts you and so you get a bit loose and lose track of where you’re going. When you realize it you just stop and look around. A guy comes up from behind you and pokes your shoulder.

“Umm, are you perhaps lost miss?” the boy asked. He was a beautiful specimen – eyes were dark brown, nearly black hair, thick but cute eyebrows, fair skin. You couldn’t stop admiring this face that you’ve only just met.

“Y-yeah. Kinda”, you said as you start to look down feeling a bit embarrassed. You slowly looked back up at him. His face was a bit concerned about you’re situation.

“Well, would you like some help? I know these parts of Seoul quite well.” You nodded. He looks at you and says, “Oh, I haven’t even said my name yet. I’m Kim Min Seok, people call me Xiumin though.” That name sounded so familiar to you but you couldn't put your finger on it.

You said, “My name is Lim Yuni. I just moved here a few weeks ago.” You stuck your hand out to shake his. His soft hand shook it.

Xiumin used a warm, soothing smile saying, “Well then, where do you live. I hope it’s far because it feels nice being beside you. I don’t know why though. . .” He looked away with a bit of a blush forming on his face.

You blushed as you pulled out a map that you carried in your bag and pointed to were your apartment complex is. “Right there. I just don’t know where we are now.” Xiumin pointed at an area to signify that you are there. It was about twelve blocks away from where you live. You kept on thinking that it was so far away.

“If you want you can stay at my dorm. I have a few roommates though. I’m sure they won’t mind. It’s about 4 blocks away from here in that direction.” He pointed in the direction. Just meeting a guy and then him asking if you would like to stay with him for the night sounded too fast. You didn’t care though, you just wanted to sleep.

“Sure, it feels a bit weird because we just met but I don’t care. You seem like a pretty cool guy,” You said with a smile.

“OK, then let’s start going!” He grabs your hand and starts walking you to his house.