Chapter 12

A Chance Meeting

You felt a cold sensation hit against your back while slamming into something hard. Your head hit the substance as you were slamming your body on it. The air inside your lungs escaped for the collision knocked the wind out of you.

Trying to catch your breath, you could hear a panicking Xiumin racing towards you. His arms wrapped around you as you felt the top half of your body being raised up a bit.

“Yuni! Yuni!!” you could hear him yell as you began to black out.

 

 

Later, you woke up to find yourself lying on a hospital bed wearing a dress. Would you even call it that? It felt more like a giant napkin around your body meant to imitate a dress. Oh well. Let’s just leave it at that.

You looked around to figure out your surroundings. You first looked out the round window to see that it was dark outside, besides the lights of the city. ‘It looks pretty late’ you thought to yourself as you went back to checking up on everything. On a side table there was placed a bouquet of flowers with a note hanging off of it saying “Hope you get well soon! –EXO and Yuki.” You smiled at the sight of it and took out a purple petunia, your favorite flower, and placed it on your chest. As you set your arm down beside you, you felt a head laying there. You looked over to it and noticed it was Xiumin’s and right beside him was Yuki.

“How long was I out?” you softly said to yourself so you wouldn’t disturb them.  You smiled and just set your hand on Xiumin’s head and began petting him.

You suddenly felt and urge to go the bathroom so you got up and pulled the IV with you to your destination. When you got out and lay back down, Xiumin woke up and grabbed your hand and looked at your face with a worried, sleepy expression.

“Are you feeling ok? Do you need me to get you anything?” he asked starting to sit up and help you lay your head down.

“No, I’m fine. Thank you though,” you gave him a slight smile for caring about you. He sat back down in his chair beside the bed and smiled in relief.

“You need to learn how to stop being a klutz before something really serious happens that you won’t be able to recover from.” You could see how concerned he was when he said that. It made you look away and just nod in agreement. He leaned over the bed to place a soft kiss on your forehead then your lips.

Suddenly you heard another voice speak, “Yah! Not in front of the child!” Yuki hugged herself, stuck her tongue out at you, and then left you two alone.  Both Xiumin and you laughed to the point where the both of you were crying. ‘She’s so stupid’ you thought jokingly. Well, half-jokingly that is. . .

About an hour later you both fell back asleep, holding hands this time.