Chapter 19

A Chance Meeting

Ring. . . Ring. . . Ring. . .

"Oh, excuse me. That's my phone," Xiumin said while getting up and picked up his phone. "This is Xiumin. Yeah, I'm spending my day with Yuni. Really? Are you serious? This is my day off though. . ." He let out a sigh and continued, "Fine. I'll be there soon." Putting his phone back in his pocket, Xiumin looked back at you. “Yuni. . . I have to cut this date short. I just got a call that I’ll be going to China for a concert. Sadly, I can’t bring you with me so you’ll have to stay at the dorm. We have to go back so that I may pack my bag for the trip. I’m sorry.” He looked down at his feet and started pushing around the fallen leaves with his left foot.

“I-It’s alright, Xiumin. I don’t mind. It’s your job, you don’t have to apologize. I kind of knew what I was getting myself into when I said yes to you,” you poked his shin playfully, smiling up at him. The adorable smile you love formed upon his flawless face. “And I don’t mind having to stay at the dorm alone while you guys are gone. I’ll be able to. . . Work on my dances and. . . Stuff. Now,” you hold your hand out to him and continue, “Help me up so I won’t bust my again, please.”

A small chuckle escaped from his lips as he took your hand and did as he was told. Once you got up you dusted yourself off and started to head off for the dorm with your beloved.

 

When you both finally got there, you asked if he wanted help packing up. He just shook his head to mean ‘no’ so you took your place on the couch as he went to his room to pack up everything.

You ended up falling asleep waiting for him.

 

A hand touched your face, alarming you awake but not to move, not even by opening your eyes. A pair of soft lips had pressed against your own, leaving a smile upon your face. Your eyes opened up to see a blurry Xiumin staring down at you for your vision hasn’t adjusted yet. “Good afternoon, my Sleeping Beauty. I’m about to head out so—“

He was cut off by you sitting up and kissing his lips. “I’m going to miss you. You need to be safe, ok?”

Flustered from what just happened he replied, “I-I’ll try my best to stay safe, for you.” Yelling from outside was heard, telling Xiumin that he needs to hurry up or they’ll miss their plane. “Anyway, I need to go now. I love you. See you in a few days, I promise.” He held out his pinky finger to you and you grasped it with yours.

“Alright. I’m holding you to your promise.” You hugged him one last time and walked him out to this car. Getting into his car, he rolled down the window and waved goodbye; you waved back until you could no longer see the vehicle. Letting out a sigh, you went back inside, closing the door behind you.

“What to do, what to do. . .” you said to yourself as you were plopping your body on the couch. “Ah!! Maybe. . .” An idea had popped into your head. But permission is needed. You took your phone out of your pocket and texted Xiumin your question.

 

[3:26 P.M.]

To: Xiumin

“I have a question to ask, and make sure you let the other guys know, alright?”

 

[3:26 P.M.]

From: Xiumin

“Ok, what is it that my fair lady wants?”

 

You smiled because he called you his “fair lady”.

 

[3:27 P.M.]

To: Xiumin

“Umm, can I perhaps have Yuki come and stay with me here while you guys are away? I promise we won’t make a mess. And if we do, we will definitely clean it up.”

 

A few moments passed on. Probably to discuss this; seeing whether or not to let your friend come stay.

Your phone made the sound of a bird tweeting, signaling a message has been received.

 

[3:30 P.M.]

From: Xiumin

“Everyone is fine with it. You can have her over. Have fun ^.^”

 

“yES!” you yelled aloud in the empty dorm. A slight echo was heard and you giggled.

 

[3:31 P.M.]

To: Xiumin

“Thank you, thank you, thank you~! Tell them I said thank you for me!”

 

[3:31 P.M.]

From: Xiumin

“Hehe, I will. They said ‘No problem and don’t trash the place’. Hmm, I might want you to trash it. That way you’ll have to clean it and I can buy you a maid’s outfit ;) ”

 

[3:32 P.M.]

To: Xiumin

“OMG yOU DORK!! xP”

 

[3:33 P.M.]

From: Xiumin

“Thank you, thank you. May you hold your applause ‘til the end of my act :p Anyway, I need to get off my phone. About to enter the airport. TTYL, Yuni.”

 

[3:33 P.M.]

To: Xiumin

“Oki doki, bye-bye~ Have a safe flight!”

 

A smile formed upon your face as you set down your phone next you to. “He’s such a freaking dork. . . I swear.” A giggle escaped from your lips and you tried to cover it up with a pillow to the face.