Chapter 5

Con Todo Mi Corazon

Lolita, also known as Kokoro to Koki, Juri and Ren, believed that the highlight of her week was when Koki had asked her for her phone number. (By the way, how cool was that??) But it wasn’t,  in actuality it was only the beginning of what became a would be the real start of her life changing, her life turning inside out and upside down, she just hadn’t realized it yet. You could rightly say that it would feel like a roller coaster ride, and Lolita always got queasy when she rode one.  That moment when Lolita had went to her meeting with Rei was the last time that she saw Koki and the guys before they flew out. She was excited for the guys and really wished that she could see the show as a regular average fan, her one simple wish.

            Lolita’s phone buzzed letting her know that she had a new message. She was just walking into her apartment loaded down with grocery bags; she had bought more than enough food to last her for a few weeks. She was wondering as she struggled to close her door how she would manage to stuff all at the food into the refrigerator. Dumping the bags of food that did not contain the glass items on her kitchen table then gently placing the one that did on the table gently, she then pulled the phone out from her satchel purse.

            The id screen confined that it was indeed a text (not a missed call) she opened her phone and read the sender line. It was from Koki. Lolita’s heart began to race, he had texted her!!!

 

 

 

 

TO: Kokoro

FROM: Koki

 

Hey, what’s up? I finally arrived in Korea. It is a totally different world then Japan or any other place I have been. I expected that, really I did. We arrived without any problems at all, which I am grateful for. I think that all of us are still in varying degrees of shock that we have even come this far. We pretended that we weren’t but we are as nervous as if we are about to go through the gates of hell or heaven, whichever the case maybe. As you probably know we have been getting some hate responses in Japan about Jin leaving the group and we are a little concerned about how our foreign usagis have taken the news of us going from 6 members to 5 member. Of course Kei-san, our manager, has encouraged us with the words that our true fans will love us regardless and will always be behind us cheering us on.  In my heart I know this but I still pause and wonder what the response will be, after all my life is wrapped up in this thing called Idoldom. I have grown to love it and I never want to disappoint. I don’t want to disappoint the fans, or you. So we arrived in Korea and made our way onto MNET which is like the hottest music show in Korea and when we hit the stage the response was more that I (we) expected. It was TOTALLY AWESOME!!! The Korean Fans were awesome! The energy that they displayed as we performed heightens our energy and we were more in sync then we have been in a while. This whole issue with Jin leaving has pushed us to be stronger I think and we have risen to the challenge, we may no longer be the KAT-TUN that everyone knew before but we are becoming a better KAT-TUN with each day. I know that this text has already gotten long but, I am not known for writing short things. I missed you yesterday and today.  Was that too forward, if it is I am not sorry, because I want to be honest with you. I am starting too really like you. And to be honest I really don’t know what to do. I wanted to tell you this on the roof that last day, but the Twins were there. How do I explain this, am I even suppose to explain this in a text? All I know is I want to see you. I know that I will see you of course when I get back in a few days, but I will be flying back and forth through Asia, but I really want to see you in a non work situation…so I am asking…Can we go out on a date???

 

            If Lolita thought her heart was racing when she saw that the message was from Koki it was at heart attack level when she saw that last line.  Her mind went blank and she didn’t know what to do. Her heart scream yes she wanted to go on a date then her mind was like this is not some fairytale that she was in, that she needed to be level-headed about this, but that went all out the window when she zoned in on that she had been asked out by the most iest JE Idol that she had ever laid eyes on. Snapping the phone shut she placed it into the back pocket of her jeans as she got up and put her groceries away as she practiced her mediation techniques to ward off any anxiety that she wanted to tangle herself into and to gather her thoughts an what and how she wanted to respond. After all that was done she was went an sat on her sofa and stared mindlessly at a black TV screen.  She held in her hand her cell and re-read the text again and again especially that last part “….So I am asking…Can we go out on a date.” Then slowly Lolita typed in a response.

 

To: Lord-Sama

From: Kokoro

I am very much aware of Lord-sama’s tendency to consistently write J-web novels and I don’t mind in the least *smiles*; actually they are my highlights of my otherwise average day. Although I can’t get the j-webs in America (like I do now since I am here in Japan) I would read the translations online that your fans here on this side would translate. The only disadvantage is I can never see the pictures that you post sometimes. *frowns* but that is okay. I am fine today, I only had to be at the Complex for ½ a day, I went grocery shopping. That was an adventure, especially when I had to pay. I am still trying to learn how to handle your currency, because I process everything in dollars not yen and I don’t have a very good adding gene, if you know what I mean. Kei-san is right, your true fans (and that includes me) love you and the group no matter what, whether you are 5 members or 6 members you will always be KAT-TUN. Sure there are some who will no longer support the group because they were there mainly for Jin, but there are way more of us that support ALL of you and just remember that we will always be there keeping the group together like that hypen between your name. I am REALLY REALLY glad that everything went so well for you there. I wish I could have been there to see the performance, but I trust that some devoted Korean fans have already posted the performance on-line. I know your devoted KAT-TUN fans. I am looking forward to seeing it when I get the chance. Now it is time for me to be very frank with you as well…I have missed you as well. I smiled when I saw that you had sent a message to me. I was unsure if you really would, but I am so glad that you did…and yes I would love to go on a date with you…Surprise me…in the mean time I want to get to know you, the real you not the shadow of you that I see sometimes

 

And with a deep breath Lolita pressed the send button. Lying down on the sofa she clutched the phone in her hands to her chest and closed her eyes as she waited for the response. It came 15 minutes later.

 

TO: Koko

From: Koki

I think I just embarrassed myself here in the hotel room when I screamed like a little girl who has won the ultimate prize, because Kei-san, Yuichi, Junno, Kame, and Tatsuya ran in to see what all the commotion was about. LOL… Thank you for saying yes…I will surprise you and I want to in more ways than one. I think I can come up with an interesting date. And I want to know you too.  You surprise me with you dry sense of humor and you beguile me and I want to know you too. So I propose a little game…it’s called 100. We have to tell each other 100 things about our selves and I will start…#100 As apparent by my pets I once wanted to be a vet.

 

To Koki

From Koko

That’s not news!! I already knew that LOL!! Okay I will play. #100. My father was a Salsa singer. He was never mainstream in my home country, but he had a loyal fan base. He liked to say he was no Hector LaVoe but he was an “EL CANTANTA”. My fondest memories are of touring with my dad. I still have a lot of his music with me.

 

To Koko

From Koki

#99. My dad left after my youngest brother was born. A couple of years before he left the memories of him are not that great. I don’t miss him to be honest. It’s hard to miss a person that didn’t love his family. Juri doesn’t remember him at all. And I am glad that he doesn’t. So do you sing?!

 

To: Koki:

From: Koko

#99, Yes, I do sing and yes when I sing it doesn’t sound half bad. When I was 14 I sang back up for my father on one his songs. It was his first number one. He said it was proof I was his lucky charm. What is your favorite song?

 

To Koko

From: Koki:

#98the first CD I bought was the hip hop ground Buddha Brand’s ‘Ningen Hatsudenshyo’. Probably, I think there were 2… Up till then, I used to get around thinking ‘Ahh, hip hop is really cool…’ and my friends would lend me what they had. But after buying that CD, I would hear it all the time in my dreams on the train. Well, that’s cause it’s the only CD I had so I listened to it over and over until it was worn out. So I guess you could say this is the song that really got me into hip hop. Maybe it’s fate. But if I had to pick a favorite I would say it was Tupac.

 

To: Koki

From Koko

OMG, you are so hardcore LOL. I love hip hop and Tupac is awesome. I was heartbroken when he died, #98 I cried when the Tejana Singer Selena was killed. She died a year before or so before Tupac did. I cried for days, my heart hurt so badly. For a long time, I think for a year, I couldn’t listen to any of her music at all I would cry. She was American but she sung in Spanish but she was of Mexican Heritage. I think it is so cool that she did that. She didn’t speak Spanish very well because that wasn’t a language she used, except to sing in (which was excellent done) She was so overwhelmingly popular in her genre, consistently breaking records, she inspired me. It was wack the way she died…her fanclub president shot her in the chest. What star did you cry over when they passed away?

 

To: Koko

From: Koki

WHAT??!!! Are  you serious?? She died because of her Fan club president? Woah, #97, I cried when Tupac died for two days straight. That was traumatic for me. What was the one thing that you wished for when you were growing up??

To: Koki

From Koko

#97 hmmm, the one thing I wished for as I grew up…I would have to say my mother. I had dreams about her coming back to Puerto Rico to see me and my dad, and staying forever. I held on to that dream for a lot of years, then when I turned 16 that dreamed died… how about you what did you dream for.

 

To: Koko

From: Koki

#96 I dreamed for my family to be happy and it has. I entered the Idol business because of my mom with the hopes that I would be a success and be able to help the family and I have, now my mother tells me all the time “find a nice girl, fall in love, get married and have a family” like I don’t wish that for myself… Have you ever been in love…?

To: Koki

From Koko

#96 I thought I was once, but it was an illusion on my part. I wanted it to be something that it wasn’t. It was a very hard lesson to learn

To: Koko

From: Koki

Tell me about it??

 

To: Koki

From: Koko

What’s to tell…He was older than me, I was 17 years old he was 21, which should have been a flag for me. I had met him through a friend of mine and had been smitten from that moment until I understood his intentions. His name was Alex, I had thought he was super cute. He appeared interested in me but in the end he just used me and hurt me…And I kind of let the idea of love fall to the side…What about you??

To: Koko

From: Koki

#95 I have never been in love…I been in lust, NO doubt about that LOL but nothing like lost love, I have crushes and wishes. For a long time girls overlooked me, at least the ones that I liked it always seemed like I was invisible or something…

To: Koki

From: Koko

I know what you mean…I am surprised that you saw me, but I am glad that you did

 

To: Koko

From: Koki

I am glad too. I think we need to stop there, Yuichi is buggy me about going to sleep and the light of my cellphone is bothering him apparently. I will talk later definitely. Good night, LOVE.

 

To: Koki

From: Koko

Goodnight SAINT

Kokoro snapped her phone shut and looked at the time…It was getting late. She was having so much fun texting Koki that she had lost track of time.  She went to her bedroom and changed clothes and snuggled into the coolness of her sheets her precious phone clutched in her hands re-reading the messages that he had sent and smiled in glee.

Dear Journal,

….As for Koki, He left for Korea and Taiwan in mid-July and we have been texting almost nonstop when we can since then. He is so funny and cute and sweet. He always makes me laugh. His animal of a monkey fits him just right. He has texted me a lot of things from Korea and Taiwan (Including pictures) and he serious makes me want to visit someday. I miss him a lot. Even though he will be back in Tokyo for a moment, while Tatsuya completes his solo tour in Japan both of our schedules will be tight, since there were recordings (for KAT-TUN and JIN), a photo shot for Jin for his tour merchandise, etc. It seems like we may never have time to meet for our date. I still cannot believe that he asked me that, and yet I still cannot stop smiling. Can something so simple make me so happy…I think it can I must remember that I must not expect too much…, even when I want to, so very much. We are up to #70 in our game. But so much has happened I hardly know where to continue….Maybe I just need to continue with the surprise that Tricia gave me the week that KAT-TUN left for their overseas tour….

Lolita was happy. It had been quite some time since she had been this content. She went to sleep with a smile and she woke up with a smile. Why? Because her nights ended with Koki and she woke up with Koki, at least figuratively if not literally. They texted each other before they went to bed, sometimes playing  “100” other times just talking smack to one another and Koki has so far texted her every morning waking her up in the morning, which Lolita thought was a nice way to wake up.

Lolita, discovered real quick that Koki wanted to be first on her list of favorite KAT-TUN, to be her “ichiban”. It was killing him that he wasn’t; Lolita got a kick out of that. Of course, he is her ichiban, but it was quite entertaining to listen to Koki think he isn’t, she just knew he was pouting. Lolita decided not to tell him just yet that he was her number one, she was having too much fun with it.

As for Koki it was safe to say that his famous magnetic smile was back, and Yuichi and the rest of KAT-TUN was happy to see it reappear. Koki enjoyed Kokoro’s personality very much, her wit, her charm, her spirit. He enjoyed discovering things about her, she never bored him. He was really looking forward to the date they would set up once he was back in Tokyo and his schedule allowed.

 

Soon the day of the concert which was in Taiwan took place. The pictures of the group flying into Taiwan was all over the web and to Lolita Koki never looked so good and his smiles in his pictures while he was in Taiwan…where they a direct result of the phone calls he had made to her? Lolita liked to secretly think so, Koki knew so.  Besides Friday being the first international concert of the Big World Tour it was also the day that Lolita got a special surprise…

 

Lolita had the day off and she was spending it with her friend Minzy. If you remember she had met Minzy on the day of orientation at the Complex and have soon became fast friends, especially when they discovered their interests: Minzy spoke Spanish and was into Telenovelas (Spanish soap operas) and Lolita besides being all things Japanese aficionado was also a all things Korean aficionado, especially when it came to Korean pop culture. And from them on the two hung out when they could. As for that day she was at Minzy’s dorm where Johnny housed JE dancers (that were not Johnny’s Juniors). Since Tatsuya’s solo concerts were on hiatus until he returned to Tokyo, his dancers, which had quite a few females as part of the troupe, where on hiatus also until the tour resumed.

Minzy and Lolita had much to talk about, do and plan. They were both glad that they had discovered each other so that they wouldn’t be lonely here in Japan. So it was natural that once they both had a day off they could hang out together.

Lolita: Here are the drinks Minzy.

Lolita called out as she came back into Minzy’s room from the communal kitchen. Minzy shared her room with another dancer named Dara. Spread out on the floor in front of the television and DVD player that Dara and Minzy shared in their room where an array of DVDs, “Snow in August”, “Shinobi: Heart over blade”, “Attention Please” “Sweet 18” , etc., etc.

Minzy: So what should we watch next?

 

Lolita: Since we just finished an episode  of Sweet 18 how about … *Lolita rummages among the DVD cases and finding what she is looking for she holds it up in triumph as she moved to sit back down on the floor next to Minzy* this

Minzy seeing what her friend had pulled out of the pile she rolled her eyes, yet she had a smile on her face when she did it.

Minzy: You just want to be eye stalk your boyfriend, that’s all.

Lolita had selected “Tanaka 3 Go” which coincidently was the DVD show she had brought over (one of the few she had brought with her to Japan)

Lolita: He is not my boyfriend

Minzy: But you want him to be, don’t you? *Minzy says  the last part in a sing song like voice*

Lolita didn’t answer which is just like answering anyway.

 

Minzy: Oh…, okay, let’s watch your boyfriend.

 

Lolita: You did notice that I didn’t say anything about when you wanted to watch “Anego”? I mean you were really eye stalking your boyfriend.

 

Minzy: That’s different. That is not going to happen, while yours is going to happen.

Lolita: And you come to this conclusion how??

Minzy: 1. He told you he likes you, 2. He asked you out on a date, 3. Did he or did he not text you every day this week?

Lolita: Okay those are true statements, but I have learned that what you may hope for may never come true.

Minzy: In this case I think you need to make an exception.

At that moment the door, which was slightly cracked was opened and in walked Minzy’s roommate Dara. She was a pretty little waif of a girl. Her hair was long and her eye makeup was killer that even the professional makeup artist/stylist Lolita was impressed. She was dressed in average jeans and a printed tee, yet somehow they didn’t seem average and it was easy to see why she was selected as one of Tatsuya’s dancers.

Dara: Hey, Girls! Are you still at it?

Minzy: Yep. Care to join us? We are going to watch one of Koki-san shows.

Dara: Nah, I need to take a shower and get some rest since I want to go shopping tomorrow. Do you two want to go??

Minzy and Lolita looked at each other, was that even a question?

Minzy & Lolita: YEAH OF COURSE!!!

The three girls talked about what time they would meet and where in Shibuya. Then Minzy then thought to ask what Dara had been up to all afternoon.

Dara: Oh you know just hanging around…

And with that statement Dara winked and made her way to the bathroom with her bath towel in hand.

Minzy & Lolita: *looking at each other* She was on a date *and both girls laugh*

Lolita settled more into her seat and got ready to watch Koki in the first episode of Tanaka 3 Go.

***

After watching Tanaka 3 Go Lolita decided to take leave, it was almost time to take delivery of the package that Tricia was suppose to send her. After saying goodbye to Minzy and Dara, Lolita took a taxi to the part of Shibuya that Tricia had text to her. The area that the Taxi driver had taken her to houses more places to eat then to shop and Lolita was being to wonder what exactly she was to have delivered to her. When she came to the exact spot where she was suppose to go she stood in front of a small European café in a hidden corner of Shibuya.

Curious she looked at the inviting café and decided to go inside since she wasn’t sure of what she was to look for or to expect; a young woman who looked no older than 16 greeted her.

Hostess: Konban wa.

Lolita: Konban wa…Ano…

Hostess:  Ahhh!! Are you Lola-chan?

Lolita: *startled by the question* H-H-Hai…

Hostess: You are right on time! Your table is waiting for you. Follow me please.

And having no choice she followed the girl to a table in the back and just as they were walking up to it she saw why Tricia had made a fuss about her coming to this place to get her “package”. Seated at the table was her best friend Tricia Soledad and her other best friend Yuki Hanazwa.

Lolita: What is this!!! Oh my gosh, what is this? Its not even my birthday yet!!

 

The girls stood and hugged each other in excitement. It had been a few years since Lola had seen Yuki who had moved back to Sendai after graduating from college and well, Tricia she had seen several weeks ago but she was always ecstatic to see a special and familiar face.

Yuki: We know its not your birthday yet, but who says that you have to wait for that to spring surprises on people you love.

Lolita: Between the two of you I always felt love *smiles at her best friends who smiled back* This IS the best surprise. But Yuki, I thought you were back in Sendai?

Yuki: I was, but I decided to take a chance as a Mangka, but I have a back up source of income, I am a graduate assistant at Todai in the Environmental Studies department.

Lolita: Does that mean you are a graduate student in that field *Yuki nods*

Hanazwa Yuki is a small woman; she is the eldest out of the three at the age of 27. She is slender, wears thick glasses for her near-sightness and far-sightness that hide her wide colorful eyes that are a natural blue, an unusual color for a person of complete Asian descent, which she was. It was actually the result of an extremely rare type of color blindness that completely rendered her completely incapable of seeing any type of color whatsoever. Which in someone else’s case would have hindered them from being an artist, but it didn’t stop Yuki. She was rather conservative when it came to fashion choosing to dress in plain dark colors. It was at Columbia University  where she had met Lolita and Tricia in a required computer course. They were all different majors, with Tricia in Computer Science with her emphasis in computer programming, Lolita in Fashion Design and Japanese Culture and Yuki in Environmental Science with a minor in Art. Through the course of that semester they became really good friends even spending there last year together in college as dorm roommates (and Tricia liked to tease that they had lived to tell about it)

Lolita: And what are YOU doing her amiga? *She looks pointy at Tricia*

Tricia: Well, if you must know, I got transferred here for a year to help code the next video game for Shimada Games.

Shimada Games is the gaming company that Tricia worked for back in Miami; it is a Japanese firm that main headquarters were located in Tokyo, Japan. Where Yuki is the environmental conservative mangaka and Lolita is the fashion designer, Tricia is the true brainy one of the group; Raised in a divorced parents household, influenced by her Mexican American heritage and Chinese and Japanese culture through her mother who is an antique dealer in Asian artifacts and replicas. Extremely intelligent, being fluent in four languages: Chinese, Japanese, Spanish and English, and she could fake her way through a little bit of Korean; using her love of math and science she has chosen to be a game programmer. And she was one of the best.

Lolita’s eyes widen at that.

Lolita: So what you guys are telling me is that for a year we all get to be together again???

Shaking their heads in excited agreement they confirmed her statement.

Lolita: YATTA!!

Realizing she is in no place to yell like that she slapped her hand over and bowed her apologizes to the neighboring patrons.

Smiling gleefully at each other the girls catch up on the other’s lives. Lolita found out that Yuki was in Tokyo alone, her family still staying in Sendai but in full support of her efforts to follow her dreams. She was to begin her graduate assistantship in the upcoming semester. In the meantime she was trying to work on a project to sell to a manga comic, but so far was not able to come up with anything to her satisfaction. As for Tricia she was assigned to work on the new games that Shimada Games wanted to take over the gaming world. And because of her talent she was the head project manager, the youngest (25) and first female in the company’s history. And of course Lolita told them of the developments between Koki and herself.

Tricia: Wow!! I didn’t actually think you would snag Koki Tanaka, but you did, way to go!!

Lolita: Why does everyone think we are a couple, he only asked me out on a date, he didn’t ask to be his girlfriend.

Yuki: Who is “everyone”.

Lolita: Only my other new friend, Min-Ji Gong, she goes by Minzy. She’s a dancer for Tatsuya’s solo tour.

Yuki: You need to be careful, how do you know she doesn’t like Koki? She may sabotage whatever is going on between you and Koki.

Lolita: *shakes her head*No, I don’t get that from her, to be honest I think something between her and Jin is going on but she is not saying, but when they pass each other in JE there is this……I don’t know how to describe it. Even though she has never been in Japan until this year, I think the two of them know each other.

Tricia: ah, what?? My hubby likes someone else? And I only just got here; I didn’t even get my chance.

Yuki & Lolita: Like you would have had a chance?

The girls laughed.

Tricia: Well, I was hoping for my girl to hook me up, hint, hint.

Lolita: He wouldn’t have known what to do with your brilliant mind, you would intimidate him to no end. No go. *she smirks at Tricia*

 

Tricia: That’s probably true and I am so OVER guys who are intimidated by me.

Yuki: I am just over guys, period. So what this I hear from Tricia about your mother?

Lolita: You heard about that hmm…, well…I’ve met her but we haven’t had, our moment, I guess you could say. I don’t know if I should say anything. I still hurt so much I don’t know what, or if, I should say anything.

Tricia reaches her hand across the small table and takes her friend’s hand into her’s squeezes gently.

Tricia: You need to talk to her…even if its to yell at her for what she did. You need to address it so you can feel better and move on with your life, right now you are just existing, stuck in the past unable to climb over the hurt inside your heart. Your whole view of your self worth is tied up in this Lola.

Lolita: I don’t know…I don’t know if I can truly face the hurt…I just have this feeling I am just going to get hurt even more.

Yuki, seeing the intense pain in her friend’s eyes grabs her other hand and offers her support.

Yuki: You know the both of us will be with you no matter what. Just lean on us when you need to, ne. *nods at Tricia*

Tricia: Hai.

Tear falls from Lolita’s eyes, and Yuki and Tricia wipe them from her cheeks without hesitation as the offer words of encourage to Lolita. And all Lolita could do was offer a pray to God in thanks for sending her two best friends in her life.

***

August 2010

This was the last day in Korea and Koki was excited on a different levels. One, because the Korean crowds have been so expressive, responsive and most importantly supportive of KAT-TUN, excited that their favorite group was in their country. Second, was that he would be seeing her again, see her a lot more to his heart’s content, at least until Jin went to America for a month in November. Koki had so much to tell her and her to tell him. Even though they were texting each other every day, sometimes more than once, it felt like it wasn’t enough for Koki.

Koki had woken up with a smile on his lips; he turned over the pillow that he was laying on resting his face against the cool fabric. He snuggled deeper into the bed, not wanting to let go of the dream he had been having. He had dreamed of her again. It had not been a liner dream with a plot or storyline, but the memories of her working at JE, watching her eat lunch on the rooftop in the sunshine, the dinner they had shared, the glow on her face when she smiled, the twinkling of her laugh. All those memories had flowed through his mind like a slide show. He had enjoyed every minute of it and he was looking forward to getting back to Tokyo to create more like it. That thought led to planning their date. Rolling on his back he stared at the ceiling contemplating what they should do. He didn’t want their first date to be ordinary, but what was the word…, extraordinary. As if just thinking about her could be felt across the sea his phone beeped with the special ringtone he had programmed in just for her. She had messaged him back from his text he had sent her a few moments ago. He had made it a habit to text her every morning when he woke up, something she assured him that she didn’t mind in the least.

To: Koki

From: Kokoro

I think I have finally taken to working at Johnny’s Entertainment fairly well. I have been training under Yoko who you know has been there 10 years, I think that is what she told me. I was impressed. And since she is the head stylist for NEWS I have been hanging with them recently. Her attitude is refreshing; she seems to be the complete opposite of most of the stylists at JE, being patient, calm and self aware of what and who she is within the organization. She seems to be the only stylist that is happy to see a new face among her peers. I have taken to her right away (I hope that she doesn’t tire of me). And just today she agreed to be my mentor during my time at JE!! For some reason Ryo has taken a liking to me, I know this because he has turned his poisoned tongue on me. I don’t really mind. I may not be quick on the comeback but I plan to learn. LOL. Of course Bakanishi plays too when he is at JE; it’s like have been adopted into a large family with nothing but brothers.

But I especially want one particular someone to come back to Tokyo….When is Kame-chan coming back?! Gotcha! I am wishing that you will hurry back soon. When you were last here was not long enough. I am glad this is your last night in Seoul and you will be flying back to Japan. I have enjoyed the texts but I want to see you too. Am I being too selfish?

No Kokoro, you are not being selfish. It is what I want too. Koki thought. The bathroom door opened and his roommate exited the bathroom. This go around Koki was sharing the hotel room with Junnosuke.

Junno: Hey, Koki…finally up I see.

Koki: *Sits up and stretches he knew he can’t lay around daydreaming about Kokoro all day. Pushing the covers aside he greets Junno good morning*  I have this feeling this is going to be the best day every day. *making his way to the bathroom he affection roughed up Junno on the way, his way of showing affection to his  bandmate & friend*

 

Junno: And yesterday wasn’t??

Koki: I didn’t say that, it’s just that tomorrow morning we head back to Japan *Koki’s smile widens at the very thought*

Junno: Lucky! You have a gorgeous girl back home waiting for you *Junno finishes dressing, while Koki grabs his toiletries for his morning shower* have you figured out where you want to take her on your date?

Koki had mentioned to the fellas about Lolita and Koki’s date, taking any suggestions that they may have had. Koki leaned dejectedly against the dresser in the Hotel room. Koki shakes his head no.

Koki: Nope, I know where I don’t want to take her; anywhere that I went on a date with Maria or Erina…that would be just wrong.

Junno: That I understand. Hey…, don’t worry you’ll figure it out. *Junno gives his bright mega-watt patent pending smile*

Koki, although he knew he would never admit it, appreciated Junnosuke sunny personality. It had saved him several times from being depressed about situations whether he knew it or not.

Junno: *he looks at Koki with an expression of hesitation but decides to ask any way* Koki? On another topic when are you and Jin going to talk about…

Koki:* His expression hardening* Junno!! Don’t go there. I am not talking about that. Look I’m taking a shower. I’ll meet everyone in Kazuya and Tatsuya’s room *Koki walks into the bathroom closing the door, effectively ending the conversation*

Sighing, Junno grabbed the hotel’s key card, exciting the hotel room crossing the hall to see if the rest of the crew was up.

Meanwhile, Koki jerkingly took off his boxer shorts that he had slept in, stepping into the shower turning the knobs letting the cold water flow over his tense muscles of his back. The mere mention of Jin brought a dark cloud over him and he wondered if it would ever dissipate.

Yes it probably would if you grow up and confront the situation with JinKoki inner voice stated with conviction. Koki sighed; he was honest enough with his self to admit that he wasn’t grown up enough to do that.  Not yet. The pain was too raw still.

********

Meanwhile in Kazuya and Tatsuya’s hotel room…

Junno’s knock on the door was answered by Kazu who although it was 6 AM was wide awake. Even though the concert wasn’t until that evening there was a lot that the group and the crew had to do to prepare for the concert, there was sound checks, a mini rehearse, adjustments to the chorography that needed to be made if something didn’t go quite right during the previous performance. The two hours to get dressed and ready in the first costume change of the concert, etc. It was a crazy hectic time but it was a wonderful, crazy, tiring time. And thankfully it wasn’t an everyday thing.

 As soon as Junno entered the room, Yuichi question Junno.

Yuichi: Did you talk to Koki?

Junno: Yep, and he wasn’t having it. He basically shut down the conversation.

Tatsuya sighed.

Tatsuya: So he still doesn’t want to deal with it?? What are we going to do, never talk about Jin?

Yuichi: That not logical or sensible because Jin is still our friend even if he is not our bandmate any more.

The others nodded in agreement.  The guys knew what the situation was because they had heard bits and pieces of it from both Jin and Koki and they were pretty sure they understood what had happened between the two of them.  It now looked like it was up to them to get Koki and Jin to address the issue(s) that were facing them. Otherwise the deep friendship between Jin and Koki were going to be lost forever.

A few months ago…..

Erina: Why are you being such a prick about this? All I want to do is go out and spend some time at the club with you tomorrow night! What is so difficulty about that?

 

Koki: I am being a prick? I am being…I am just wanting you to come to my mother’s birthday dinner. We can skip going to the club for ONE night. Besides it’s my mother’s birthday. I want to spend it with the two most important women in my life. My mother and you. Why is that so hard to understand?

Erina: That’s not the issue Koki!! I want to spend MORE time with you, ALONE!! We are always with your family it seems like. Besides your mother hates me. You never want to do things that I like to do anymore.

Koki:*sighs* I don’t think that is true.

But before Koki could continue Erina continues on as if she hadn’t heard him.

Erina: *wraps her arms around Koki’s neck* How about after we do your mother dinner then we take a trip to Hawaii. It’s been awhile since we went away together. Won’t that be fun?

Koki: Erina, you know that I have to start shooting the Assassins Special so I cannot be leaving the country right now. I can’t just up and go. Johnny-san would kill me.

Erina: Goah, what is this? We never do anything anymore! You never want to spend time with just me, anymore!

Although Erina was sounding like a spoil brat at the moment what she said did have some ring of truth but is was a half truth. Lately Koki and Erina had been orbiting each other with their paths sometimes crossing, yet when they did cross it was because Koki had taken the time out to make that happen. With Erina not so much. She considered herself a princess and believed that others should cater to her needs but never to others. In other words she could be very demanding as she was expressing right now. It wasn’t all as Erina was portraying the situation to be. It wasn’t that Koki wasn’t or didn’t want to be with his girlfriend it was just getting harder to squeeze time in at the moment with so much gearing up. He had the filming of his dramas, the recording of new music for the new album and the new tour which Johnny was prepared to turn into an international tour, doing promotions for new endorsements etc. It was getting super busy and now his girlfriend was giving him grief because he couldn’t spend more time with her when he was already stretch thin as it was; but Koki wanted to make this work and Erina was making it that much harder for him with her demands.

Koki: I want to spend more time with you, I really do. Just wait a while and when things calm down I promise we will go away together.

Koki already had a plan for them to go on a trip in October that he hoped would be perfect. He didn’t want to tell her about it, since he wanted it to be a surprise for their two year anniversary. Koki’s cell phone alarm went off reminding him of another meeting that he had to get too.

Koki: I gotta go. I’ll call you latter okay?

He kisses her on her forehead and quickly exits his apartment.

Erina flops down on her sofa and picks up a cigarette off the coffee table, lighting it and taking a drag letting the smoky vapors flow through her lungs and out her nostrils. Noticing the time on the clock she noted that he hadn’t even stayed an hour and had shot down her suggestion of spending the night. She couldn’t even remember when they had last had . She frowned at that thought. She wasn’t supposed to be here stuck in her apartment, she wanted to be out and having the time of her life with her boyfriend. After all she was in her early twenties she was too young to be at home knitting all night.

Of course she was proud that Koki and his group was growing in success and he was given a part in a extremely popular series but it left little time for her. She wanted him to be with her. She was getting lonely, very lonely.

Erina’s phone rang. Looking at the caller id, she flipped the phone open.

Erina: Hello?

Male: Hey are you free tonight?

Erina: Yeah, Koki couldn’t go out tonight.

Male: Hmm…too much work and no play will make him a dull man. Why don’t you come out with me tonight, meet me at the club.

Erina: I don’t know. What if Koki finds out...

Male: Koki won’t. Unless you tell him, we cover our tracks pretty well don’t we?

Erina: I don’t know...will you make it worth my while?

Male: Of course baby. It’s what we Johnny’s do. I’ll see you at the club in an hour. *he disconnects the line*

Erina sighs…things were getting complicated. She had started this affair with one of Koki’s coworkers as a way to distract herself while Koki was “away” and it was becoming a game of cat and mouse of not getting discovered. She knew  that she was playing with fire but that was part of the excitement, and it had been a while she had had that excitement with Koki, not to mention the rough and tumble that came with it. Running her hands through her hair she wondered if she could extract herself from the mess that she had created but he weaved a magic spell over her that made it hard to extract herself from him. And heaven forbid if Koki found out the she was sleeping with the man he considered a friend.  Crushing the cigarette out she stood and made her way to the back to meet the man who ultimately could ruin everything she had with Tanaka Koki.

***

Back to the present day….

The calendar page has changed it reads the month of August and Lolita cannot believe she is still in Japan. She still loved it in spite of Daichi. It was challenging handling a full schedule working with Yampi (for his solo work) and Akanishi and temporarily with Tatsuya for the MOUSEPEACE tour when he was back in Japan. For all her worrying Lolita and Rei were dancing around each other. Lolita wasn’t entirely sure that Rei knew who she was but she had caught her staring intently at her. Lolita knew that she could see her father in her. When she looked at her did she think about him? Those were the thoughts that entered her mind when late at night she laid in her bed and thought about things. Yuki and Tricia continued to encourage her to address her mother and get it out in the open but she didn’t know how. And she was scared too. A grown woman scared of her mother; she just shook her head in disgust at that thought.

Lolita had quickly discovered how much she had missed the world of music. Yes she has been involved in it to a degree for the past 4 years but JE brought her up-close and personal with it, something she hadn’t really experienced since she was sixteen. For example she had been able to sneak into the dance studios and watch KAT-TUN and Tatsuya rehearse for the tours. She had stuck to an out of the way corner as she watched mesmerized as they moved and sweated on the dance floor. Watching KAT-TUN & Uebo prepare for the second leg of their BIG WORLD TOUR/MOUSEPEACE had amazed her. It solidified the admiration she had for the guys for the amount of work, passion and effort that they put into the productions that they put on almost every year and not to mention that she got to be up-close and personal to watch the sway of Koki’s hips.

Unfortunately she wasn’t able to watch the rehearsal today since she was in a meeting. It was a Thursday, and it was a meeting with the Rei and Johnny Kitagawa himself.  A lot had been discussed and a lot was to be done. It was only 7 am in the morning and her day was only just starting. Yet all she wanted to do was sleep. She had  been up for the past several night designing/sketching and planning what she thought would be good, if not great, stylish image for the upcoming photo shoot that was to take place in late August. Lolita was well aware that the images of such established artists as Jin Akanishi were tricky to reinvent and could have the potential to backfire.

Rei was flipping through the sketch book of the designs that Lolita had been working on.

Rei: Rodriguez-san, these designs are really amazing. *She looks up at her with admiration* I am not sure that we can incorporate them all but I get the idea for the photo shot.

Lolita: I know I tend to overdo things sometimes but I had some inspiration so I just sketched until my hand cramped up.

Johnny: *taking a look at the sketchbook Rei handed him he nodded in agreement with the sketches* These are good. There are several that I want to use in the concept of the shoot that me and Jin have discussed. I think we really should use them. *pauses for a moment to consider something and looks to his calendar which is covered in Kanji for various things. There is almost literally no white space showing at all on the pages, it is so full up of information.* I think we can move Jin’s photo shoot to the end of the second week of September and still have time to get the photos ready for the tour merchandise. *looks to Lolita* Do you think you can sew together these few pieces of articles? *Johnny turns the sketch book towards her fully and she notes the pages that’s he shows her.

Lolita: *calculating the days in her head she feel confident that she can pull it off.* Not a problem

Rei: Well I think we covered everything there is nothing left for today here at JE. I think we can give you until the day of the photo shoot off not to report to JE so you can get everything ready.

Johnny: Yes, but keep your phone handy in case we do need you to come in.

When Rei-san dismissed the meeting Lolita started to gather her organizer and sketchbook putting them away into her ever present messenger bag that she always carries with her. Bowing she exits the room, congratulating her self for maintaining her cool and not totally stressing out. She wondered and dreaded for the day that she and her mother would hash everything out because it was going to be a dozy of a day. She had yet another day that she wasn’t to be at the Complex all day, which was good because she now had major things to do with some errands to run.

But before she left she went down to the third floor and walked to the dance studio that Tatsuya and his dancers were rehearsing for the show. And there she found Koki and Kazu. Kokame in full effect and completely surrounded by both the male and female dancers. For some reason, Lola felt saddened seeing Koki surrounded by all the pretty slender and very beautiful girls. She stood off to the side and observed. Koki had not noticed her yet and that gave her a chance to study him without him noticing. But she didn’t go completely unnoticed because Minzy spotted her a short time later.

Minzy: Hey, Lola-chan *she had managed to sneak up behind Lolita scaring the daylights out of her*

As usual Minzy was effortless hip and casual. She was dress as casually as the other dancers but she had an air about her that set her apart from everyone else. Lola liked that about Minzy. Minzy was one of the dancers for MOUSEPEACE and after observing some of the rehearsals thought that Minzy was one of the best dancers in the group.

Lolita:  Geez, why do you do that?!

Minzy: Because I love the look on people’s faces when I do that to them.  I guess the meetings over, huh?  Well its only 8 o’clock. We just got here. My day is only just starting and you look like you’re about to hit the pavement. Did you get any sleep?

Lolita: A little but not enough. I promise I will tonight. What’s the deal? Why are Koki and Kame here? They don’t have rehearsal today do they?

Minzy followed the line of vision that Lolita was looking at which was in the direction of Koki and Kame.  And Minzy saw that Lola’s line of vision landed squarely on Koki Tanaka. Lolita adjusted her messenger bag across her shoulders as she tried valiantly not to look over at Koki as two girls attempted to shameless flirt with the famous KoKame. She twisted her lips to the side at the sight. Minzy could totally see what attracted Lolita Rodriguez to Koki Tanaka. He was 5’8” compared to Lola’s 5’ 6”, his skin had a natural tan to it that was actually complimented by the blond color he sometimes dyed his hair. His earrings in his ears were a modest size which didn’t turn her off. He possessed eyes that were a very deep chocolate brown and very expressive that when he looked at you he pinned the (un?)fortunate person in his vision. Or at least that was how Lolita felt whenever he looked or spoke to her, which was often now. His frame which was on lean side as was typical of Asian males, but he was not skinny, but very muscular and surprising strong she had discovered when he had saved her from falling to her death down the stairwell.

That incident had happened when KAT-TUN had arrived back to Japan for a short break after the Taiwan concerts before heading to Korea. Lolita who had leased a bike so could have some mode of transportation while she was in Japan had ridden her new ride to the Complex. She had had a racing bike in NYC when she was in college but since then she had relied heavily of the service of public transportation and she loved the new freedom in having the motor bike. She parked the bike in an empty space. Just as she was climbing off of the bike and removing the helmet a black two door BRABUS Mercedes-Benz CL Class pulled up beside her. The windows were tinted a dark black so she couldn’t see who was inside. Her first thought was that it was a totally hot car. It was sleek and y car. The driver’s side door opened which was on the opposite side  away from Lolita and who should emerge from the sleek and y car but the sleek and y Koki. Her heartbeat geared up. It had been over a week since she had seen him in the flesh. Their eyes meet across the hood of the car.

Koki: Hey.

Lolita: Hey.

They stared at each other for a moment.

Lolita: I heard the Taiwan  concerts were a success. Congrats.

Closing the car door shut and clicking it lock Koki walked around the car and came to stood in front of her.

Koki: Thanks…I missed you.

Lolita: *blushes* I missed you too. How long are you staying in Tokyo?

Koki: A few days, then we start traveling for BWT and Tatsuya for MOUSEPEACE. *glancing at the bike. He looks at her in surprise* I know you told me that that you were getting you a ride but for some reason I thought it would be a car not this*

What the “this” in question is, was  a Suzuki blue racing motor bike of serious power.

It was sleek and definitely y.  Koki ran his hands over the body of the bike (like he wanted to run his hands over her body) admiring the shape and color of it. Lolita unconsciously watched his fingers glide over the bike caressing it as if it was the body of a woman, and for a moment she wondered if his hands would ever glide over her body like they were the bike.

Koki: *With a smirk on his on his face* Are you sure that you can handle such a powerful machine?

Lolita: *scoffs at the teasing tone of his voice* Koki, I can handle anything *she says this in a suggestive tone her eyes sparking with mischief that hits the lower part of Koki’s body encouraging a tighten in his groin that resulted in Koki being extremely grateful that he had baggy pants on*

Well now. I wasn’t expecting that.  Koki thought.

Koki: *he moves in front of her, he was so close that Lolita could feel the heat of his body radiating off his body. He looked at her lips for a moment  before bringing his eyes back to hers where she felt she would drown in them at any moment now.* I am counting on that, Kokoro.  *stepping back from her allowing her to breath for the moment he asked her *Are you ready to head in?

Lolita nods that she is, being unable to speak at the moment. Taking her helmet with her, her and Koki walked across the crosswalk and entered into building of the JE Complex. Lolita was soon back to herself and was able to joke and play around with him. Koki was telling her about some of the things he had experience in Taiwan  when Lolita went to take a step down onto the next step when her foot slipped in something wasted on the stairwell that caused her to tumble. Koki grabbed her arm to try and stop her fall but Lolita was already in a freefall so Koki was pulled into it due to the law of physics,  but he somehow managed to pull himself in front of her so that then their tumble ended at the bottom of that flight of stairs Lolita landed on top of Koki, with her bike helmet landing squarely on her back then bouncing on the floor beside them.

Lolita: OUCH!!! *Realizing that she had landed squarely on top of Koki she lifted her head and looked Koki in the face. Seeing he was grimacing in pain she quickly tried to detangle herself from off of him* I am SO sorry Koki

But before she could move he tightened his arms around her keeping her in place.

Koki: I am okay; just winded. Are you okay?

Lolita: Yeah. Although I think my helmet landed on my back.

At that bit of information Koki moved his strong hands to rub along her back underneath her black leather biker jacket and under her shirt caressing the small of her back. Lolita stilled. His warm fingers caressing the spot where her small of her back flared out to her hips. Heat begin to flow from that spot, her inner thighs becoming damp from the caress of the callus fingers that moved to hold her hips.

Lolita: *Looking startled into his eyes* K-koki??

Koki: *with a deep look in his eyes he looked her in the eyes* I am just checking to make sure you’re in one piece. Just stay still for a moment. *his hands began to roam moving back up her body, under her jacket (although not under her shirt)*

OMG, he is filling on me. Not that I really mind I was just not two minutes ago wanting him to touch me like he was the bike. She inwardly groaned when his fingers skimmed the length of her spine Okay two can play this.

Lolita: Well, since I nearly crushed you I need to check you out too. So hold still *and taking her hands she placed them on the back of his neck as caressing the base of his neck, Koki groaned in pleasure at the contact of her fingers at the base of his neck. *

Closing his eyes for a second he opened them again. Taking his left hand he cupped the back of her neck bringing her face closer to his as he looked into her eyes. He was staring at her with this intense look that never fails to floor her. It was a look of complete undressing, where he seemed to strip her right down into her soul, as if he could see the scared insecure child inside her heart. And that unnerved her. She tried to keep parts of herself hidden, even from herself, she felt panicked when someone glimpsed the fragility of her heart. But with Koki it was different because she saw comfort in his eyes, calling for her to trust him with all the fears she had inside. But that was insane right. He couldn’t know how terrified she was every day that she came to JE, how afraid she was that she would let go and become an emotional mess, and she would be left alone again to pick up the pieces of herself. He couldn’t see that…, could he?

Koki could see that. It was one of the gifts that he had. To see people, to read them, although he was doubting he could it accurately now due to recent past events but he was sure of what he saw in Kokoro. He could see pain lingering just below the surface of her smiles and laughter. It was a deep set pain that no matter how much she tried to deny it or cover it up or push it down it was never that far from the surface.  He wondered about it, was curious as to what had happened in her life to make her eyes look so sad when she thought no one was looking. And he bet all that he had that not many people really looked at her.  There was something since that first day that had drawn her to him. It was unexplainable. Although her eyes held sadness in them they also held gentleness, love and most importantly hope. They drew him in and his heart if not his mind told him that they offered  a different path then he had ever had anticipated for himself.

Koki: *in a husky tone* You have the most beautiful eyes that I have ever seen.

Lolita: They are just plain brown eyes.

Koki:  Eyes that I have seen are like none other, they sparkle like diamonds in the sky, So precious, and bright they call out to me every night. Your hands are small and slim’ Warm and strong that offers soothing caresses, gently reminding me that you care and will always be there. Your voice excites me to no end, the rise and timber of the melodious flow sweeps me to such heights that I am afraid that one day I will fall…that you make me want to fall yet again.

Lolita: What was that? Did you just recite poetry to me?

Koki: I think I just did.

Wow!! I must be passed out of something…Koki Tanaka speaking poetry to me!!

Lolita: Okay…Did you write that?

Koki: Yes…I mean it your eyes are like none I have ever seen *his hand is still on her neck as he leans up his lips are a breath away from hers* and your lips are like red raspberries that I long to taste, that I have to taste…

And just as Koki is about to kiss her the stairwell door opens up and there stands Ren Ichinose and not fair behind is Juri Tanaka. Koki inwardly groans while Ren’s eyes narrow at the sight of his sister and his “brother” laying on the floor.

Ren: What the hell happened?

Lolita: *embarrassed to be found in such a position quickly rolls off Koki and starts to stand up with Ren rushing forward to help her up while Juri helps his brother up and Koki picking up Lolita’s helmet off the floor handing it to her* I was just being my klutzy self and fell down the stairs with Koki being nice enough to break my fall. What are you guys doing here?

Koki immediately notices that both of them are carrying paper towels that indicate that they were coming to wipe something up.

Koki: You guys wouldn’t happen to know what Kokoro slipped in would you?

Realizing that they had the evidence that they did they both quickly hide it behind their backs and tried to be nonchalant about it. But neither of them could fool Koki who unceremoniously put both of them in a headlock at the same time although it was a challenge with Ren since he was taller than Koki. He made them confess that about five minutes earlier they had spilled both of their water bottles all over the stairwell steps. Dragging them over with him  he supervised them mopping it all up. An Lolita couldn’t help it she giggled at the scene….

Back to the present all Lolita could ask herself was “what was up with her and that Stairwell?” First smacked her head against the wall on her first day there and now she was caught almost making out with Koki in the same stairwell.  But if she hadn’t almost fell to her death she would never have been able to touch Koki so freely or have Koki speak poetry to her about her eyes (where had that come from?) and for that she was thankful to Juri and Ren  wasting their water bottles on the floor.

Minzy:You need to be careful; someone might think that you have a thing for the resident bad boy if you keep staring at him like that. Especially, Rei-san. She watches you like a hawk. You won’t want it to get back to Johnny-san that something going on with you two. *she whispers* He could fire you ?”

    

That got Lola’s full attention. She looked embarrassed to be caught staring. And annoyed that Rei Kitagawa was brought up but then worried that Johnny would send her away and she wouldn’t get to see Koki.

Minzy:Actually it looked like you were daydreaming more than staring. Having fantasies about Koki-kun? *Minzy asked in a lowered voice. At that moment Koki looked over at Lolita and Minzy’s way with a delighted smile on his face. Waving, she waited while Koki headed in their direction.

           

Lolita: Please, no teasing!

Minzy:  I got your back. Besides if anyone ever catches you being moony-eyed you can call it what it is “fangirling” and it completely normal, and legal for that matter. No Biggie.

      

Lolita: Yeah, people could buy that I will keep that in mind. So what up? You told me yesterday you wanted to tell me something….so…?

At that question Minzy-chan remembered that beside hoping to see Koki that Lolita had came down because she had asked her too. But just at that moment Koki was next to them and at that moment Jin was walking towards them and Minzy began to act weird, as she had done so since the first day that Lola arrived. It was as if she was uncomfortable with him where as Jin acted way to comfortable with Minzy. Lolita was totally curious about that. She had a feeling that there was more than meets the eye about Minzy and Jin, there was definitely serious tension between the two. They seemed to only have eyes for each other whenever they were around the other. Jin acted like Minzy was the only woman in the world. Yet Minzy acted as if he was the biggest on the planet.

As Jin passed them down the hall he made sure to get direct eye contact with Minzy as if he was sending her a telepathic message before his eyes moved to Lolita. With just that one look Minzy was flushed and more flustered. Damn!!! What was that about!??!!

Lolita looked quizly at Minzy.

Minzy: What?

Lolita: Talk later… Hey Koki! What are you doing here?

Koki: I came to see how Uebo was doing since he injured his foot and all. The fans are concerned too. I told him he needs to assure them on his next j-web entry. Hey Minz, hows it going?

Dara: MINZY!! Come ,the chorographer is ready to get started!!

Minzy: Okay!! Well, I gotta go. I’ll talk to you two later okay.

Minzy runs to join the dancers that are surrounding the chorographer. And Koki and Lolita exit the studio room, Kame has chosen to stay and watch.

Koki: So will you be here all day today?

Lolita: Nah, I actually don’t have to come to the Complex for a while I have to produce a few original designer outfits for Jin so I will be concentrated on that, basically locked to my apartment starting tonight. What about you?

Koki: I got some things to do this afternoon…but I was wondering could I stop by tonight if you don’t mind?

Lolita: No..You know where I stay. So stop by. I won’t be going anywhere.

Koki: Okay. Later.

And they both parted ways.

 

Later that evening…

Lolita walked upstairs to the second floor, to her apartment. Entering her apartment she pulled her messenger bag over her head and threw it onto her sofa chair and flopped down on her sofa. She was so tired she felt like she had walked all over Shibuya looking for the things that she needed to create the clothes that Johnny and Rei had requested and she was dead tired. It was no wonder since for the last three nights she had been up to the wee hours of the morning sketching the designs, only getting on average about three hours of sleep for the past three nights. She had almost fallen asleep on the sofa when she heard a knock on her door and the gentle call of her name.

            Rubbing the sleep from her eyes she lifted her head up when she realized that Koki was standing in her doorway. She had forgotten to close it all the way and lock it, a sign of how tired she truly was.

 

Koki: Hey

He leaned against the door frame, all cool and relax. And once he saw that she was awake then he closed and lock the door behind him.

Lolita:  Ummm…H-Hi *she sat and stretched the kinks out of her back.*

Koki moved from the door frame and took off his shoes leaving his feet in socks and took a couple of steps into her domain. Realizing that she hadn’t properly welcomed him into her apartment she quickly stood up and took a few steps toward Koki.

Lolita: Koki-kun, you don’t have to stand there you can sit on the sofa…Okari. Man is it evening already?

Koki took a look at the tired face of Lolita. Coming to stand in front of her he made her sit on the sofa next to him.

Koki: have you eaten?

Lolita: *shakes her head no* to tired; although now that you mention it I haven’t eaten all day.

Koki: sit here I will fix you something.

And off to the kitchen Koki went making himself completely comfortable in her kitchen. Luckily her refridgetor was completely stocked and in 20 minutes he had a complete meal ready for the both of them. When he went back into the living room, Lolita was sprawled out on the sofa, partly open where she was softly snoring, her hair all in her face with one foot resting on the arm rest the other dangling off the sofa with the sock barely hanging on to her toes.

He smiled at the candidness of her sleeping posture. He hesitated in wanting to wake her up since she was so tired but she needed to eat or she would be weaker than she already was.

Koki: *kneeling down next to her, he gently pushed her hair out of face, she looked so peaceful* Kokoro, wake up *he shook her gently*

Lolita: Hmmm….Koki?

Koki: Come on sleepy head time to eat.

 Pulling her up he sleep walked her to the kitchen table and sitting her in the chair.   Placing the food in front of her the smell of it slowly awakened her senses.

Lolita: thanks Koki….itadakimasu *and she slowly started to eat. And her mind begins to function more clearly.*

They ate in silence, each in their own thoughts.

Lolita: SO have you decided when we were going on our “date”?

Koki: Yeah, how does the last Saturday work for you?

Lolita: *mentally thinking about her schedule* I think its okay. I’ll check later.

Koki: Word around the Complex is that things are going real well for you. D.H. has all but disappeared. I heard you sick Ryo and Yu on him.

Lolita: Unfortunately, yes…But you should have been there it was priceless. Those two have a wicked sense of justice.

Koki: *laughs*I know that why I am glad they are on my side most of the time.

Lolita: *shyly looks at Koki* I am glad that you came by… *blushes*

Koki: I wanted to.  I brought a movie with me. Want to watch it?

Lolita: *finishes you the meal that Koki fixed* what did you bring?

Koki: Death Trance since you are a Tak fan.

Lolita: Okay, I’ll watch. But I can’t promise I will stay awake *she laughs*

After washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen together they sat on the floor and watched the movie.  As the movie started Lolita decided to tease Koki.

Lolita: are you sure this isn’t a date? We just had dinner and now a movie.  Am I that cheap of a date that you couldn’t take me somewhere for this?

Koki bumped her shoulder.

Koki: Hey. I don’t roll like that on a date.  This is hanging out.

Lolita: This is not hanging out.

Koki: Really, cuz this looks like the definition of hanging out

Lolita: No let me tell you the what the definition of hanging out is…Hanging out (hangtavious Outacus)—more commonly known as “hanging Out”—is a 20th century American invention, in the vein of “bumming around” or “chillin”. Although hanging out at first appears rather simple, in fact, its rules are myriad. Hanging out cannot be done alone. That is called “moping” or “being a pariah” and neither one is particularly attractive.

Any group consisting of two to five may engage in Hanging Out, so long as doing nothing is the primary activity. For example, “hanging out and talking” is acceptable, while  “hanging Out and building shelters for Habitat for Humanity” is not. Snacks are not required but are highly recommended.

There are strict restrictions on how many people may hang out, and how often the hanging may occur. For example, more than five people is now a party, and while it seems like you can hang out at a party, you cannot because the music is too loud, and lets face it there is no way that you like more than five people anyway.

Here’s where the slippery slope gets even slipper.

More than five people more than once a month is no longer a party, but a club. This is fine, but you may need to pay dues or pretend to be interested in other peoples boats and/or record collections. More than once a week and it becomes a cult. It is definitely advisable NOT to join a cult, but if you feel you must, remember that it is better to be the leader than the one who collects the fingers.

During this whole explanations Lolita is saying all this with a absolute straight face and Koki is looking at her “like is she for real?!” Until he looks into her eyes and see the mirth in them and Koki cannot contain his laughter

Koki: What the hell?! Where did you come up with that? And what is the thing about fingers?

Lolita: I don’t know where I came up with these things *laughs*. My mind just thinks likes that sometimes.

Koki: And you confirmed that we are hanging out. “Any group consisting of two to five may engage in Hanging Out”

Lolita: No, No… this is the definition of a date…do you want me to give the full explanation of that?

Koki: Just watch the movie.

Lolita giggled as she got comfortable to watch the movie and just as she told Koki she fell asleep…sitting up.  Koki saw this and gently wrapped his arm around her  shoulders pulling her close and laid her head against his shoulder and as sleep began to make his very own lids heavy his last thought was that “this wasn’t a date and I wonder what the her definition of that is.”

 

 

A/N: I know this was a totally lame conclusion to chapter five…but it couldn’t be helped apparently. I tried to do a writing marathon, But I couldn’t go farther. And no this is not Koki and Lolita’s date. It seems like I am stuck with getting the story to move…but not getting it to move so fast that I don’t allow myself to cover all the things that I want to cover.  This may get long. And depending on your personal preference that me be good or bad.

 

I did want to make mention that the last scene that I ended this chapter with was inspired in part a comic that I particularly enjoy called “Amelia RULES” by  Jimmy Gownley, who is wickedly funny. The main characters are elementary student misfits that get into all kinds of drama amongst themselves and with others. There is one particular character that I love called Reggie who is occasionally called Captain Amazing, who is so amazingly funny, his antics in particular make me laugh the most. In volume 4 of the comic he gives the speech that Lolita says (I know, I know that is plagiarizes but that bit was too funny not to share and beside I admit to my crime so please let it go. I promise I won’t do it again. :p)

 

I have started back to school so I probably won’t be able to update as much as I would like once I have upload the chapters I already have written. This is my place to go and play and I like visiting the work of Koki and Kokoro and planning their future together.

 

Anyway, leave a comment and let me know what you think. *besos*

 

TBC...Chapter 6 will be updated 09/07/2011 ( I know I put the wrong date on Chapter 4 for Chapter five :P So i double checked it again so that is the right date.

Below you will find the link to the banner that I made for  this story

http://pics.livejournal.com/nikkimattei/pic/0001sb5e/