Chapter 11

Con Todo Mi Corazon

Rei Kitagawa was soaking up the early morning sun with the added benefit of a gentle breeze moving through the air on her private balcony. It had been over a week since she had that last conversation with Kokoro. Why was she always making mistakes when it came to her daughter? She loved her so much, that her heart ached that she couldn’t be with her. That she, Kokoro and Ren couldn’t be a family.

Rei: Noѐ, what do I do? Things are becoming a mess…did you still hate me too when you died?

The thought that Noѐ had died hating her made her heart clinch in despair and her stomach roll in a noxious spin. Rei mussed her hair in frustration, sending the strands all around her head in dishevel. Of course it didn’t make her feel any better but she really didn’t know what to do. She was at her wits end.

Ren: Momma?

Rei looked up and over her shoulder into the house. There stood her youngest child looking at her in concern.

Rei: hey baby…you’re up early.

Ren: couldn’t sleep. *comes out fully onto the balcony for a moment he looks out into the horizon* Its gonna be okay mom. Just keep trying… don’t give up. Hmmm…what was it that you say Dad used to say? When in doubt or confused or concerned all you need to do is pray?

Rei: *smiles* Yep, that he did. Your dad was a big believer in prayer…

Ren: Aren’t you too?

Rei: I used to be…but it seems the transgressions of my life are too big..It hurts, I hurt to even think about them.

Ren: Maybe its time to start again.

Rei: I am grateful that at least you and your sister are getting along. The only comfort I can take from all this so far is that she won’t abandon you even when your real status come out. Yes you’re right its time I pray for guidance…

Ren: Because knowing Kokoro you are going to need it, ne?

***

 Kokoro was listless. She had been working day and night on Jin’s concert costumes and had finished all of them and even the dancers (Jin was using the same ones from the LA concerts so she already had all the measurement and sizes). You could say she had become a mad woman in working to get them finished. One reason for this was that she didn’t like to work last minute on big projects and second it keep her mind busy, off of the topic of her mother.

It had occurred to her that she was acting badly to the situation.  But how was she suppose to act? It wasn’t like all the disappointment, longing and anger would go away overnight. It couldn’t but if she was going to stay in Japan for the rest of the year she needed to figure out how to address the issues between her mother and herself. Her failure at a attempt of a stoic attitude was proof of that.

She wanted a relationship with her mother, but she was so scared. Terrified that she would leave her again. She was paralyed to find out the truth because she knew that when she got really attached to Rei (which Kokoro already knew she would) and things fell apart around her again her whole world would be devastated, worse than before. Kokoro didn’t want to go through that.

Sometimes she felt like she was on a steep precipice, with nowhere to go but down.

***

Koki: Grandma! Tadaima!

Koki’s grandmother greeted Koki at the front door a smile on her face. Her beloved grandson had come for a morning visit.

Koki: Did you eat breakfast yet? Do you need me to cook something for you?

She laughed at her eager grandson.

Tanaka-san: I ate already, just come greet your grandmother and tell me what’s been going on with you. Are you and the girl you told me about still taking?

Koki had told his grandmother about Kokoro, and how they meet and some of the things that they talked about, also about their first date.  Besides his mother, his grandmother was the other female that he was the closest too. She was his father’s mother and although he and his father was no longer close, his father’s mother had stayed by him and his brothers’ side even when his father had made a whole new family.

Koki: Yes, she is…I really like her.

Tanaka-san: well did you bring pictures this time?

Koki pulled out of his bag a small photobook. Handing it to her he sat next to her on the sofa as she flipped through the pictures. Some had been taken with a standard camera, other with digital or cell phone.

 

Tanaka-san: Wow, she is really pretty! Gorgeous even! Where did you say she is from?

Koki: Puerto Rico…It is a small island in the Caribean. She showed me pictures. It looks really beautiful.

Koki’s grandmother  stares intently at Kokoro’s face in the picture, studying it.

Tanaka-san: Does she have some Asian running in her family.

Koki was surprised that she asked that, but knew that his grandmother was very observant on many things so it shouldn’t be of any surprise to him that she noticed the Asian features of her face.

 

Koki: Yes, her mother is Japanese actually.

 

Tanaka-san: Her mother and father must be very beautiful to produce a child this alluring. You did good. If things are meant to be, and I really think you do, and marry, your Tanaka line will have beautiful children indeed.

Koki looked wide-eyed at her. Marry?  He hadn’t even thought that far!

Koki: Sobo, *coughs-laughs* what’s this about marriage. We’ve only know each other for two months.

Tanaka-san: A grandmother knows these things, baby. Besides I have been praying for Kami-sama to send your fated love to you, and that I would live to see it. I think that this is the one.

Koki: How can you be so sure?

Tanaka-san: have I ever been wrong *She gently palms his face*

Koki: No, at least not in a long time.

Koki’s grandmother laughs…

Tanaka-san: And don’t you forget it! Let’s have some tea. What do you have planned today?

Koki: Well, Kokoro and her friends are going Karoke and she invited me,  Yuichi and Junno to come. And somehow I am still figuring out how, Ren and Juri are tagging along. I told them to all meet here and we would ride and meet them there.

Tanaka-san: You’re not picking the girls up?

Koki: No, her friend Tricia who is coming wanted to  pick up the girls and do some girl things before hand.

Tanaka-san: Ahh...If I didn’t know better that sounds like a matchmaking date.

Koki and his grandmother laughs at that.

***

Yuki had been studying up late into the night, preparing for next week’s school schedule and also drawing sketches. They weren’t anything too special. Yuki had actually drawn a small panel doujinshi of chibi!LoKo. LoKo was the meshing if Lolita’s (Lo) and Koki’s (Ko) names together. Kinda like Bennifer, when Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck were dating. And Yuki thought that it matched perfectly to the two of them since both of them was Loco (crazy) about each other.  The mini doujinshi was pure fluffiness! <3 

Since, she went to bed so late the night before she woke up late which was okay since she had no work today. It was a rare Friday off. Getting up she sat up and stretched her body upon her small bed. She was looking forward to seeing her best friend and her new boyfriend interact. AND some of Koki’s friends were coming too. Lolita hadn’t mentioned who they were it was going to be a surprise but she couldn’t help but wonder who would be coming.

Reaching towards the head of her bed she searched around for her glasses and put them on so she could see, then opening the top bureau drawer she pulled out her Kat-tun calendar and flipped the pages until she came to her very favorite member, Yuichi Nakamaru.

She blushed as her fingers ran over the picture of his face, as she wondered if she would meet her idol crush this very day. How cool would it be if she actually met him?  She crossed her fingers and sent a prayer up to Kami-sama, although after she thought about it she wondered if it would do any good since she would probably be speechless if she did meet him.

At that moment, her doorbell rung.

Yuki: Who is it?

 

Tricia: Its me, Tri!!

 

Closing the calendar and putting it away she padded over to the door, unlatching it letting Tricia in.

 

Tricia: Girl! Why are you still in Pajamas? We are suppose to pick up Minzy and get to Lolita’s place. Chop! CHOP!

Yuki: Geez, let a girl wake up first. And besides you’re a hour early. At least someone’s excited.

Yuki went to her closet to pick out her clothes but Tricia, pushed her out of the way.

Tricia: Of course! There is a chance that I may meet Jin today. And no I will be picking out your outfit…this could be your big day, you could meet Yu…Chi today.

Yuki blushed.

Tricia: Hurry up!!!!

Yuki just rolled her eyes. Tricia could be so bossy sometimes. But she did as she was told and went to take a shower and allowed Tricia to pick out her outfit for today, At least she had confidence that she wouldn’t look bad…but she preferred it when Lolita did it, because she always made her look like a model.

 

After about 20 minutes Yuki stuck her head out the bathroom door and there was Tricia stand infront of the door with a bag that she didn’t remember seeing her walk in with.

Tricia: Lolita sent me with gifts. A new outfit. She kept forgetting to send it to you when your birthday passed four months ago.  However, luckily the right time came to present this to you. Happy Birthday!

Yuki took the bag with glee and wondered what was inside. Closing the door behind her she peeked inside. There was a pair of linen shorts (Yuki didn’t wear shorts) and a cute high fashion blouse and at the bottom of the bag was…a pair of designer shoes, heels  actually.  Yuki gasped, taking the shoes out of the box she looked closer, then her eyes widening in shock. She had just seen these exact shoes in a Japanese Vogue magazine, they were priced at $500!!

That girl! Yuki just shook her head. Lolita was something else, she always tried to take care of her friends. But knowing how Lolita was, even though she wasn’t as confident as she would like to be, she put them on, since she knew that Lolita put time and effort into picking and choosing the outfit.

Once she was completely dress, sans the shoes, she looked at herself in the full length mirror that hung on the back of the bathroom door. She looked at herself and was pleasantly surprised at how she looked. Lolita knew her job as a stylist, because she was…wow.

Tricia: *Knocks on the door* Two minutes Yuki!!

Yuki took a deep breath and quickly read her affirmation list that was taped to her mirror. She silently read the list as tries to calm her fluttering heart. She hoped she didn’t embarrassing herself or her friends.

1.       I am worthy of true love from myself and others

2.      I am in love with myself, in a positive way

3.      I can achieve every dream that God places in my heart.

4.      I can make good and sound choices for my life

5.      Failure is not the end of the world

6.      My feelings have value and are worth consideration

 

She closed her eyes and willed her heart to calm down. She didn’t want to have a panic attack, like she had yesterday. She had ran into Kenijiro and this time he had seen her. Her “conversation” with him had caused her to have a serious panic episode and she hadn’t know what to do.

Yuki jumped when Trica knocked on the door and stuck her head inside the bathroom.

Yuki: Gosh, you are in such a rush!.

Trica:  I know…WOW!!! You look really hot!! So are you ready?

Yuki: I guess so…

She exits the bathroom and at the door grabs her purse and puts on the shoes and heads out to Lolita’s place.

***

Yuichi  stop his car in front of  Tanaka Rina’s home, the home of Koki’s grandmother. It was a small yet modest home, but very comfortable. Just as Yuichi was exiting his car, Junno’s mini cooper pulled up behind his and parked. Whenever Yuichi saw the car he always smirked but it totally matched the wanna be comedian of the group to a “T”.

Yuichi: Junnosuke! Glad see see you made it.

Junno: Hey man…almost didn’t think I would. My mom wanted to keep me at her place all day today.

 

Yuichi: Getting a little clingy is she??

Junno: you think no son on earth has ever left home before.

At that statement, Yuichi busted out laughing. Junno was moving into his own place after all this time. He was 26 and felt that it was time for him to make the move. His mother was not having a good time of it.

Junno rung the bell when they reached the poach. As soon as the echo of the door bell rung through the house the sound of galloping elephants feet  seemed to be running to the door but what  the door opened contrary to the sounds it  was just two teenage boys, Juri and Ren.

Junno: Damn…, the two of you make a lot of noise. Is this what’s it sounds like in the Tanaka household all day long?

Juri just smiles, in silent agreement that it gets pretty loud and rowdy when two or more Tanaka, especially males, get together.

Ren: I would say so. What took ya’ll so long? We’ve been waiting on you two. So we can go? The girls are already there.

Junno and Maru cross over the threshold, not at all surprised to see the “wondertwins” as they were affection ally called.

Maru: Why does it sounds like you two are tagging along too?

Juri & Ren: Because we are!

Juri: Koki!! They’re here!!

And the two of them move further into the house with Maru and Junno following behind.

Yuichi smirked. He could only imagine how the twins had invited themselves and the facial expression on Koki’s face when he realized they had. But Yuichi knew that deep down Koki didn’t mind at all he loved his brothers, especially Juri, very much and even had a soft spot for Ren. So in truth there really was no issue with this at all.

Junno and Yuichi entered into the living room to see Rina Tanaka, Juri and Koki’s grandmother  enjoying a cup of tea with Koki sitting beside her.

Koki: Hey guys! You ready to go? Ren and Juri have been itching to go since they got here.

Junno: ready whenever you are. By the way, who all is suppose to be there.

Koki: My girl Lolita, of course, her friend Tricia and Yuki and Minzy, then there is me, you, Yuichi and Ren and Juri…so perfecting matched because if you put Ren and Juri together they make one complete male

 

Juri and Ren punched Koki in his shoulders for cracking that remark. Everyone else just laughed.

Koki: *grabs his lightweight jacket off the back of the sofa*I guess it’s time to go Grandmama. I’ll come by later in the week, ne.

Rina: Of course, baby. You have fun…and bring Lolita by sometime. *she gets up and walks  the men to the front door* and don’t stay out to late. I know it’s a Friday night but you still need to get your rest.

The guys: Hai

And soon they all piled into Koki’s Mercedes and were on the way.  Rina closed her door and walked back into the living room. Turning on the television, she was just getting settled when her phone rang. It was Koki’s mother, Haven.

Haven: Oka-san, how are you?

Rina: Fine, dear. Koki actually just left.

Haven: Oh he did? So I guess I’m next for a visit. *she laughs* I’m not disturbing you am I? I wanted to talk to you about Koki actually.

Rina: no, and what about Koki?

Haven: Has he mentioned anything to you about the new girl that he is seeing? He will not tell me anything! *signs frustrated* I think Juri has met her but he will not tell me anything either and I do not like being in the dark about things.

Rina inwardly signed.  When it came to Haven’s sons, especially Koki, she had to know everything that was going on with them. Koki was her loving child, her most gentle and sensitive child, the one who for many years was her clingiest one. Rina suspected it was that way because he had been the eldest in the house when her son, Jiro, abandoned Koki’s mother when she was pregnant with the youngest son as Koki two oldest brothers had already married and left home at 18 years old. So Koki had been the one to shoulder all the manly responsibility and to shoulder his mother through the emotional pain that he and his mother had to go through.  It was because of this unfortunate life event that was the catalyst for Koki to understand the value of caring for others sincerely, which Koki decided to do for the rest of his life after seeing what true selfishness could do to those around him.

What this also did was make Haven more dependent on her third eldest child, not only for emotional support but for financial support as well. That was the main reason Koki was where he was today. His mother unable to provide for the family on the meager job she had, had applied for Koki to enter into JE without his knowledge until the day of the auditions. She needed Koki to work to help support the family, even at the age of 14. And Koki has and still continued to this day, without a single complaint.  Koki had been living and working tirelessly for his family for so long that he had forgotten, in Rina’s opinion, what it was like to just live for himself.

Rina: Maybe there is nothing to tell, just yet. There is no need to worry.

Haven: Well, has he told you anything about her?

Rina: No, he hasn’t…

Of course this is a lie, but Rina was wise in her years and she knew her daughter-in-law very well. Apparently Koki knew his mother as well.  Haven, was jealous of anyone who took up her son’s attention and she was very particular about who she thought was good enough for her son. What that really translated to was she liked them if they were not a threat to her and hated them when she felt that they were. That was the case when Koki was dating Erina. Haven went out of her way to make Erina’s every waking moment hell when she had been in her presence.

 

Erina had had serious issues with Koki’s mother.  Not only was Haven Tanaka very overbearing at times she was very narrow-minded to only the things that she felt were in her very best interest. And no one elses.

Koki had known, instinctively, that his mother would not be happy about this new development in his life. He had learnt from previous relationships, CL, Maria, and Erina had been training grounds for how to deal with his mother when it came to the special woman in his life. He wasn’t ready to let Lolita deal with his mama bear mother. He didn’t want to scare her the first weeks of their official relationship.

Haven: well if you hear anything let me know ok?

Rina: I will dear. *and after a short meaningless conversation they end the call*

Rina picks up the picture of Lolita Rodriguez. She sent up a silent pray that when the time came that Lolita would be strong in the face of the storm that was slowing brewing named Haven.

***

It was by far the most lush Karoke place Lolita had ever seen. But after watching so many Chinese, Japanese and Korean dramas she should have know that  the place that Tricia had found would be no joke. And they feed you too!! The Karakoe bars back home were just that bars.

Tricia had already reserved a room and the food was an all you can eat type of fare from everything to sushi to seafood to ramen and everything in between. The girls had arrived before the guys and decided to get to the room before they lost the reservation (it was a pretty popular place).  Lolita stood outside in the rainy September weather patiently waiting for the guys to arrive.

Lolita’s face broke into a large smile as she was thinking of the reactions of her friends when they saw who were coming…, but poor Tri-chan no Jin this time either. She hadn’t had the heart to tell her friend that he had other plans today.

Soon, Lolita saw Koki’s sleek  Mercedes pull up into the car garage and the guys exit the car.  And Lolita was happy to see Ren too. Over the weeks she and Ren had gotten really close, like older sister and little brother and she liked that. Being an only child, she had always dreamed that she had a younger sibling. And with Ren she got the chance to play the role when she otherwise would have not.

As Koki got closer, her heart started skipping a bit. Moreover, before she knew it he was standing in front of her. They were under the walkway that connected the parking garage to the Karaoke building.

Koki: Hey…

Lolita: Hey back!

Koki quickly kisses her on the cheek…in front of everyone…causing Lolita to blush madly. Koki smiles at her reaction. Yuichi, Junno and Juri openly smiled at the blushing girl, were as Ren still wasn’t sure about how he felt about  Kokoro and Koki being a couple. But he conceded that his sister was in good hands.

Lolita: *grabs Koki’s hand* let get out of the weather. We’re in “Room 10”. I can’t wait to for you to meet my friends.

It didn’t take long for them to arrive, thankfully unnoticed and enter the room. Only to see Tricia and Minzy arguing over the song selection.

Minzy: the song selections CANNOT just be j-pop and Spanish Tri…

Trica: Why not?  You speak Spanish so what’s the big deal?

Minzy: the point is that K-pop is very hot too. So add that to the playlist.

Tricia: Look, who is in charge of this…

 

Minzy: no one…especially not you…

Tricia playfully scrowled at thatcomment. While the bickering was taking place Yuki was quietly sitting in a chair at the table, her eyebrows raised dangerously high into her bangs with a look in her eyes that expressed they were both crazy.   Yuki’s eyes swung  to the door expecting to see Lolita come in, then her eyes widened at the sight of first Koki, then Junno and two  teenage boys, then they really widened when Yuichi came into view.  Quickly standing and bumping her knees in the process she attempted to get Minzy and Tricia attention.

Lolita: *comes up between Minzy and Trica, Yuki came to stand behind them*  Okay, Okay…enough with the arguing…load, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and English songs okay. *shakes her head as she laughs* besides the guys are here…so turn around and greet them properly, ne.

At that the girls stopped bickering and quickly turned around and blushed at being caught arguing even though it was playful. Koki  greeted the girls with quick hugs as he had already been introduced to them the next day after he and Lolita had become official. The girls had insisted on it. Let’s say he had never been interrogated before like he had been with Yuki and Tricia, especially Tricia. And he hoped he never would ever again. Koki shuddered at the thought.

Koki: As you probably know this is Junno and this is Yuichi…this one is my brother Juri *places a hand on Juri  shoulder* and his best friend Ren Ichinose.

Lolita: this is Minzy Gong, Tricia Soledad and Yuki Hanawa…my best friends.

***

Yuichi had wondered how long this night was going to be. He wasn’t great at meeting new people although he had gotten better as the years went, but this involved females and that just made him even more nervous.  But when he had walked through the door into the room they would be sharing tonight he had quickly looked around and immediately his eyes had landed on the familiar face he had only seen once before, two months ago.

 

Yuichi heart speeded up more than before, not from nervousness but excitement. There she was! Yuki…he had been thinking about her almost constantly for two months although he was never expecting to see her again.

What are the odds that she would be friends with Lolita?Yuichi believed for the first time that maybe his luck with women was changing. He smiled as Lolita and Koki introduced them and he was charmed by Yuki’s blush that covered her cheeks. I was right those glasses look really good on her face.

Koki: come on guys, let’s sit and eat first.

Koki grabs Lolita’s hand and sits them at the far off corner of the table. The others just stare at each other before taking their places. Ren of course decides to sit in the seat closest to Lolita with Juri following, then Junno sitting across from Tricia (who was trying to pretend that she wasn’t off balance at seeing Junnosuke) Minzy beside Junno and Yuichi making sure to sit himself by Yuki…everyone was seated as they wanted.

Koki: Good everyone where they should be…

At that moment the waitresses came in with the food that the girls had ordered. Lolita made sure to order enough meat for the carnivore. His eyes lit up at the sight of the food.

Lolita hides her smile and laughter behind her hand as she watched his face.

At first, it was quiet among the young adults, but after some prodding from Lolita and Koki they all became a loud and animated group laughing and enjoying each other.  Junno as expected was cracking his horrible puns, Tricia tried to keep a straight face but wasn’t able to, small smiles kept escaping.

He is such a cheese ball…when did I start thinking he was so cute?  Tricia thought. She refused to think that the kiss had anything to do with it. She wasn’t that shallow, was she? But her attention kept coming back to Junno whether she wanted it to or not.He really is cute in a goofy kinda way, but he’s sneaky too. I need to watch him…

Meanwhile, Yuichi was pretty sure that Yuki didn’t recognize him from before with the eyeglass incident and he was right. After all she could barely see and its wasn’t like his voice was so distinctive that she would remember him by voice alone. He wondered if he had made a good impression that first time.

 

Yuki smiled gently at him, a faint blush on her full cheeks. Compared to the last time, she was dressed really y, her shorts accentuated her legs which in the heels appeared longer and the 4” heels on her feet which took her from 5’4” inches to 5’8” her feet looking impossibly small in the shoes. Her makeup was done up and her hair done flowing with waves and curls. He kept slying looking over at her as he ate some of the food.

As for Ren and Juri (if she didn’t know better Lolita would’ve thought they were a couple) were goofing around like teenagers should and where arguing over who was the better singer. Lolita couldn’t help laughing at them, they  were so cute.

Tricia: Ah!! I almost forgot…Lolita, I brought you a present.

Lolita:  What?  What present?

Lolita was standing next to the song selection machine with Junno and Tricia trying to decide what they wanted to sing first.

Tricia: Oh…just some stuff that Omar sent to me by mistake from my storage place.

She walks back to her seat which underneath lays a large black messenger bag. Flipping it open she pulled out a photobook and some items that immediately became familiar.

Lolita: Oh, No, You Didn’t!

Koki: What? What?  *Koki gets up and comes over to Tricia. He takes the photobook that she hands to him* Woah! Is this Kokoro?

Tricia: *Nods her head* For some of you who don’t know. Lolita is not Lolita’s real first name. But she got the name she currently goes by for her taste in fashion, the one she used to dress in quite frequently…

Yuichi who catches on really quick comes to stand over Koki’s shoulders to look at the pictures.

Yuichi: Oh my…you were a Lolita??? *he looks at the pictures as Koki flips the pages in the Photobook.

Tricia: Full fledged. She even was sewing her own stuff in college.  She was so Kawaii!

She sure was.Koki thought as flipped through the pictures of the photobook. Devilish ideas were rapidly entering his mind.

Koki: Koko…why didn’t you tell me about this? *turns the photobook towards her. She has remained in the same spot while all her friends were now gathered around the photobook and the rumagaging through the bag that had some of her Lolita accessories from long ago.

She was slightly embarrassed. Since she began working fulltime she had not had the time to indulge in the fashion that she loved to dress up in.

Koki: Wait, this isn’t regular Lolita…Kokoro were you a punk Lolita??

At that point she walks over to Koki and pulls the photobook from his hand snapping it shut.

Lolita: You have a problem with that?

Koki: *with desire in his eyes* no…actually I think it’s really hot  * he moves to stand in front of  Lolita and puts his hands on her hips pulling her close, his face inches from hers, at that moment she forgot where she was, and who was there, all her mental focus was on the eyes and the lips of the man in front of her* You so need to were one of those outfits for me one night…*

Lolita: you really want me to play dress up for you, don’t you? First the Kimono, and now my Lolita one…do you have es you need to tell me about?

Koki: Only with you…* he whisper closely, as he goes to kiss her but then there was a large clamoring of coughs and groans of “get a room”, “ugh, rub it in why don’t you”, “ where the hell is my camera phone I need to get a picture” that last comment came from Junnosuke. This effectively stopped Koki from kissing her only to send death glares at the group which he and Lolita had discovered had completely surrounded them*

All Lolita could do was blush and bury her face into Koki’s shoulder.

Koki: All right, all right. Can we just get the party started?

***

Koki was really enjoying his self, a lot, watching his and Kokoro’s friends.

Junnosuke was enjoying himself as well. His eyes had been on Tricia all night. It was funny watching her attempt to appear that she wasn’t affected by his presence. Junnosuke  also realized that night that  he enjoyed roaming his eyes over her body. Junnosuke was a man, and with Tricia she had a pair that seemed to call his attention. It hadn’t helped matters that she was wearing a t-shirt that was deeply cut and fitted to those very assets that he appreciated on a woman. Dressed in heels and a short mini skirt, like Lolita, all he could think was that he wanted to run his hands over the curve of her calves, thighs and definitely those s.

Nevertheless, one thing that Junno prided himself on was that he was a gentleman; which was way he was still surprised at himself that he had stolen a kiss from Trica-san the other day.  Anyone else who would have watched the scene unfold would have been surprised and a bit stunned that the “goofy, bad pun filled” Junnosuke Tagughi could be so suave. That was the hidden Junno. That was the real Junno. He was just as fun loving as he appeared; it was just that one side that he chose to express outwardly to his fans.

Everyone but Junno and Tricia was up on the floor singing Big Bang’s “FILA” CM  song. Everyone was having fun being outlandish and free. Tricia and Junno had both taken a seat after singing quite a few songs; Both of them sweaty and some what tired.

Tricia, drinking some water to sooth ,  looked over at Junno and she wasn’t sure why when Junno leaned over towards her, whispering into her ears,

Junno: You look hot tonight.  y hot.

Tricia choked on her water. Attempting to compose herself she looked over somewhat coolly at Junno.

Tricia: Arigato

Smirking at the coolness of her tone, he wasn’t offended, he was expecting it to be honest. He’d been a bandit the first time that they meet, but he couldn’t help needling her some more.

Junno: *sliding his arm along the back of the chair he leaned back and tilted his head to the side his eyes pinned on her* I take it you’re mad at me about the last time we met?

Tricia, lifted the glass to her lips but then pulled it away. She leaned back into  her chair.

Tricia:*Looks straight ahead* What made you do that? *she turns her eyes towards him* Why?

Junno: Because I saw a  worried, scared, young woman and all I could think to do is kiss her…I never wanted to do that before.

Trica: *narrows her eyes* are you trying to run game on me?

Junno: Run game? *has a puzzled look on his face*

Tricia: Yeah what EVERY man seems genetically programmed to do…run game…

Junno: ahhh…so you are one of those type of women…not every man is like that. I’m not like that.

Tricia: *snorts* Yeah right.  Let me warn you…I eat silly men like you for breakfast, lunch AND dinner.

Junno noted the hard tone of her voice. When had the situation become challenging? Yes, he was needling her some but it was all in fun and everyone knows how Junno like to have fun right? So when had he pushed a button, or two, to switch it to this atmosphere? But Junno was one that never backed down from a challenge and looking at the blond Tricia he sensed that he had the ultimate challenge right there in front of him.

Junno: That sounds like a challenge.

Tricia: ….Maybe it is….

Junno: Then I’m willing to accept it. *at that Tricia’s eyes widened*

At that moment the current song ended and laughter was filing the room as the others began to critic and tease each other. Junno and Tricia had been so involved in their conversation that they had forgotten that they weren’t alone.

Lolita: *jumping from side to side * I gotta go to the bathroom…, start up the next song, ne….I’ll be back

As quick as a flash she was gone.

Koki came back to the table, as did Minzy, Yuichi and Yuki. Ren and Juri were at the karaoke machine debating what song that they were going to sing.

Junnosuke Taguchi and Tricia Soledad of course were far from done with their interesting conversation. It would just have to continue later.

***

Lolita just barely made it the bathroom. She knew she shouldn’t have drunk all that juice and water but she hadn’t wanted to deny her self and now she was reaping the consequences. After a few minutes she exited the stall and washed her hands.  Looking at herself in the mirror she redid her ponytail, touched up her mascara and lip gloss. Once she was satisfied with her makeup and hair she exited the bathroom. She had to look good at all times, she was a fashionista wasn’t she? (and because she wanted to always catch the eyes of a particular someone special).

Just as she was stepping out the door, Lolita’s phone began to ring.  Stopping about ten feet from the bathroom, she pulled her cell out of her pocket and flipped it open to read the caller id.

It was Rei Kitagawa.

For a moment she stared at the caller id, her heart began to race and the speed of her breathing picking up. She was unsure what to do. However, just as quickly, the memories of her and Koki’s conversations played rapidly in her mind and her mind focused on one thing that he had encouraged her to do…

Kokoro, don’t run from your past and your emotions, they can only hurt you if they let you. And that only happens when you don’t deal with the issues….

Koki had a point there. Before she could think about it further she answered the phone before it  was kicked to voicemail.

Lolita:  Alo?

Rei: *pauses for a moment* This is Rei.

Lolita: hmmm…

Rei: Are you busy??

Lolita: Yes and no. I’m at a karokoe place with my friends.

Rei: Oh…

There was a pause for a moment with neither of them saying anything to one another.

Lolita *after a minute of complete silence* soooooo… what up? Did you need to ask me something related to the tour?

Rei:  not… exactly…I did have something to ask…can we meet later?

Lolita: Like tomorrow?

Rei: no, later tonight. Would that be a problem?

Lolita flicks her wrist and notes that the time is actually not that late. It’s around almost 8 pm.

Lolita: No, I can meet you. Where?

Rei: Where are you now?

Lolita tell her and thinking quickly she tells her to meet her at a playground not that far away in about 45 minutes. Agreeing she signs out and snaps the phone closed. She leans her head back against the wall and closes her eyes. Since the last time they had talked this was the most civilized conversation the two women had since they approached the subject of being mother and daughter.

Koki: See, it wasn’t that bad, now was it?

Lolita jumped at the sound of his voice behind her. In the silence of the hallway she had thought that she had been all alone. She had been unaware that Koki had stepped into the hallway and had overheard the entire conversation on her end.

Lolita: *smiles* no, it wasn’t.  I was just thinking that actually. What are you doing out here?

Koki:  *walks up to her and stops right in front of her* Missing you.

Lolita: *Laughs but smiles shyly* you know how to woo a girl. You know that?

Koki: Why are you laughing? I’m being serious! *pouts at her facial expression*

Lolita:  Because I know a line when I hear one; But yet still I seriously adore you. *She blushes even more…she hadn’t really meant to admit that. Then again she realized it was probably pretty obvious already to everyone around them that she was*

Koki blushes at that, but still worried about how Lolita was after talking to her mother he notes the twinkle in her eyes so Koki is not worried anymore, Lolita is okay. She had decided to work through the situation that was between Rei and herself, and Koki couldn’t be any prouder.

Koki: *then a thought pops into his mind* Do you want me to go with you?

Lolita: *eyes widen, and a look of relief enters into her eyes*Would you? Really?

Koki: *nods his head* Yeah, besides I would worry about you going somewhere alone at night. Where too are you two suppose to meet?

Lolita:  At a playground not that far from here.

Koki: A playground!? Okay definitely going with you. Why would she pick such a place? And so late at night?

Lolita shrugs her shoulders she was curious about that also.

Lolita: So, since we need to meet her in a little while, let us sing one song together before we go, okay? *she wraps her arms around his right arm, and without hesitation they link hands and now their fingers are intertwined together offering warmth and  security to each other*

Koki: I don’t know *he looks thoughtful for a moment*…what song do you want to sing. I only know English rap & R&B songs…

Lolita: who said it had to be English? I want to sing Ai’s song that she sung with Exile’s Atsushi, ummm..that right its called “so special” . I think that is a perfect song for us, ne? *she laughs at the thought*

Koki: *smiles at her* Okay, whatever. *but he totally agreed.*

The two of them walk back to the Karaoke room to finish out the night with their friends.

***

Tricia: Bye guys!  We have to do that again it was so much fun.

Yuichi: Yeah it really was *he says that while looking at Yuki who blushed but tried to hide it*

They all were standing next to the two cars. Koki had asked Yuichi to drive his car back to his grandmothers. He and Lolita had decided to walk to the park that was not far then ride the subway back to her apartment. The Twins were spending the night at Ren’s place, so they decided to take the subway back.  Lolita and Koki was unsure how it happened but Junno was riding back with Trica while Yuichi was taking Yuki and Minzy back to their places. But from the vibes between Tri and Junno there was something going on. As for Yuichi, Koki secretly smiled because seeing his best friend take an initiative with Yuki was something that he hadn’t expected. Yet, Koki totally approved. He sensed that Yuichi and Yuki was a better match then he had been with ex-Ai.

Tricia walks over to Lolita.

Tricia: Hey, take care and relax. You know in spite of being angry about the situation, you still love your mom…A LOT. You can read it in your eyes. Its gonna be okay, ne?

Of course she had told the girls that she was going to meet her mom after they finished at the Karaoke. The girls were supportive of her as usual. Even though she had said it before, she would say it again, she was thankful that God had blessed her with such supportive friends and now a boyfriendJ.

Lolita: *smiles wide* Si. Maybe I do love her lots but it still hurts. *accepts the hug her friend gives her, with Yuki and Minzy following next*

Tricia: But just remember she must be hurting just as much as you are, that could be why she brought you here to Japan, hmm….Definitely talk tomorrow, I want to know what happens. Chicos, Vamos!!

Their friends waved goodbye and before they knew it Koki and Lolita were alone.

***

Being that it was October the weather was starting to change and a nip was in the air especially after the rain had stopped. They both tightened their jackets against the wind.  Their hands becoming each other mittens, as they walked the streets of Tokyo.  Koki was in his “disguise” which meant a ball cap low over his face. Of course he was dressed pretty average but that didn’t distract  from how y he still was. Even the way he walked turned Kokoro on.

As they walked, Kokoro would look over at him, she still felt it was dream that she was getting to know this wonderful man and he was getting to know her too. He was gentle in spirit and hardworking, sometimes to the point of exhaustion (she was a witness to that ) and he did it without complaining. He seemed to always be there for her, like tonight. When had her luck changed?

Koki: *notices that she keep glancing at him while they walked* What? Is something on my face?

Kokoro: *shakes her head no, then hesitates for a moment* Its okay if you don’t come with me…I’ll be fine.

Koki: *stops immediately in his tracks and looks her square in the eyes* I WANT to be here trust me okay... Besides, you totally can’t take care of yourself.

Kokoro: HEY!!! Yes I can!

Koki: * starts back walking again* I bet that’s not true. *snickers* You got picked on when you were little didn’t you?

Koki looked over at her as they walked when he asked that question.

Kokoro: *sighs all dramatically* Yes…But it wasn’t all bad. I mean I was teased all my life. Weren’t you? Papi used to tell me it was because they were jealous, they had never seen such beauty until I came along.  *smiles at the memory of her father* He used to tell me I was cutest little Asian doll of the west.

 

Koki: *sensing at that statement he figured they about Asian features* They teased you about your eyes?

Kokoro: Yeah, and other things too *frowns at the memory of the mean little kids in her neighborhood*…but you know even when they made fun of me I just remember what Ms. Kit told me.

Koki: Ms. Kit?

Kokoro: Yeah, I met her  on the playground one day. Before I entered school for Kindergarten, so I was bout  3 or 4, Papi would take me to the park for an hour or so to play. Almost every day, of course if it wasn’t raining. But I guess when I was about four, my dad had started on a new album and there were days that he couldn’t take me to park even when I begged him too. I guess he felt bad about it, so he asked my older cousin, who was like 15 at the time, to take me.  A 15 year-old stuck with a four year-old?? You can guess how much she wanted to do THAT. *Koki laughs in agreement with that* Anyway, she took me to the playground, promptly left me at the swings, and went to meet her boyfriend around the corner from the park. I was so scared. I had never been to the park by myself and I began to cry…. Other kids who lived in my neighborhood were there too; they circled around me, teasing me, calling me names and even pulling my hair. One girl managed to pull a handful of my hair out. Up until then, that had never happened to me. No one had ever been so cruel to me before; so I began to cry harder and one of the girls, the same one who had pulled some of my hair out, pushed me down on the ground…..

*FLASHBACK summer of 1989*

“You is such a crybaby, no wonder they left you here!” The older of the girls in the group said. She had to be no older than seven years old. Little Kokoro sat in the dirt in her shorts, tears running down her small cherubic face. Her already long, thick, and shiny jet-black curls already flowed down her small back to her waist. Her little hands tried to wipe the tears that flowed from her eyes. She could not understand why they were so mean to her. Just as they were about to torment her some more, a female adult voice called out to them.

“What are you doing to her!?” At the sound of the threatening voice the other kids ran in separate directions not even bothering to see who the voice belonged to. Walking slowing up to Kokoro was a petite woman in jeans ,a  t-shirt and a Los Angeles Dodgers baseball cap with shades. Even though Kokoro could not see her face very well she looked to be very pretty.

“Hey, little one, don’t cry. They’re gone now. Come on, stand up so we can get the dirt off your pretty cloths.” Kokoro couldn’t understand what the lady was saying as she was speaking in English. Kokoro would not learn the language until she was in high school.

The lady seemed to understand that she didn’t understand her. Taking in her features she noticed the curve of her eyes they were large and round like the eyes that Manga artists drew for Anime cartoons and comic books. Smiling she took a chance and spoke to her in Japanese.

“Are you okay?” she asked gently. At hearing a language she was familiar with, Kokoro smiled brightly.

“Hai!” she said happily. She was thankful that someone had stopped the kids from trying to hurt her.

The lady smiled, “come on and stand up so we can get the dirt off you.” She told her again.

“Oh, okay.” And Kokoro stands up and with the help of the nice lady. They managed to get all the dirt off her outfit.  “Why were they so mean? I was just scared. I’ve never been to the playground by myself before.” She pouted at the unfairness of the situation. The mystery lady just smiles, she thinks the little girl is adorable. And she wondered too how children could be so cruel to a small child.

She picked her up and put her in one of the swings. “Where are your parents?” she asked.

“Papi, he’s been working a lot, so he asked Cris, my cousin, to take me but she left me to be with a boy.” at the mention of the boy, Kokoro made a nasty face as if she had tasted something nasty. “My name is Kokoro…what your’s”

“Oh, I’m sorry. My name is Ms. Kit. It’s nice to meet you Kokoro-chan.” Ms. Kit giggles as she thinks about Kokoro’s face when she mentions her cousin’s boyfriend.

“Kokoro, you don’t like boys?” She squatted infront of Kokoro so they were at eye level.

“No!” she grimaced even more as if the answer should have been so plain. “They’re dirty, and pull you hair all the time and throw rocks at you. Why would Cris like to kiss one of them? My other cousin Vicky says boys have something called cooties that turn a girl into a monster, that why you aren’t suppose to kiss them…but Cris hasn’t turned into a Monster …, yet. Although her momma says she has ever since she turned thirteen.”

 

At that Kit laughed hard falling over in laughter. Picking her self off the sand she moved behind Kokoro-chan pushed her to which Chibi Kokoro giggled in glee. Happy that someone was pushing her. She loved the swings. If she had her way she would swing all day in the sun.

“Well, Kokoro, when you get older and understand better you will like boys and forget that you never liked them at all.”

“Uh...nope…I won’t! The only boy I like is my daddy. He’s the best!”She smiled at the mention of her dad.

“What do you like about him?”

“Hmm... He makes the best peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and he gives really good hugs and he sings to me whenever I ask. And he loves me lots and lots. A LOT. That’s what my name means ‘Love’ He and my mommie picked out my name.”

“Those are pretty great things.” Ms. Kit hesitates for a moment. “What about your mom?”

“I don’t have one. Daddy said that she needed to go away. I ask him all the time but he tells me that when I am old enough to understand he will tell me the whole story. She must be REALLY PRETTY, because he has a picture of her in his drawer, next to his bed, that he looks at every night. He doesn’t know that I know. Sometimes I look at her picture and I feel real sad. But one day…One day I’m get to see her! Even though I never met her I love her a whole lot!!! Do you think I will get to see her one day?”

“I’m sure you will, sweetheart.”  Behind her as Kit continued to push Kokoro on the swings she wiped at the tears that were falling from her eyes.

They were quiet for a while, then, Kit asked her, “ do you want to do anything else?”

“Sure, Kit-san! How about the slide?” Kit stopped the swing and chibi Koko jumped from the swings and ran full speed for the slides, with Kit right behind her. So for the next hour they played and laughed  on the various playground equipment. As the hour neared  the end, and sensing that Cris would be coming back soon, Kit sat with Kokoro-chan on the tilt of whirl and allowed them to catch their breaths.

“You know Kokoro-chan, there are gonna to be some people that will be mean to you for no reason and some will come up with a reason to be mean to you.” Kokoro looks up at Kit-san in curiosity. “You gotta promise me that you won’t let them see you cry, okay? That they won’t take your smile away no matter how hard they try. That would only make them happy. Sometimes you may  feel alone and scared, but I want you to remember that people will be cheering you on whether you know or see it, because they love you very very much. Do you understand what I mean?”

“A little…”

“Take for example your mommie. Even though she is very far away and can’t be with you right now she loves you very much.”

“How do you know?”

“My heart tells me so…and your heart is never really wrong.” Kit could still tell that Kokoro was confused at where she was going with this, even she wasn’t quite sure herself. “All I am trying to say is even when you are scared, the people that you love and that love you are always with you ,ne? And even though you don’t understand this now, I want you to remember what I said.”

Kokoro nods her head, narrowing her eyes as she concentrated at trying to commit to memory those very words. Kit laughed a little at the sight. Kokoro was too cute. Pulling out of her pocket and opening her hand she showed Kokoro a small purple and silver charm that was delicate and intricate in its design, it was something that Kokoro had never seen before and was beautiful.

“Here, take this. I want you to have it to remember what I said today. Take good care of it okay?” Nodding her small head she took the charm from her hands.

It was at that moment that Kokoro heard Cris calling for her. It was time to go.

Turning back to Kit-san, she hugged her as tight as her little arms could and Kit returned the hug and kissed the top of her head. When they released each other off Kokoro went, waving one last time to the gentle and kind Ms. Kit……

*end of the flashback*

Koki: wow…did you ever get to see her again?

Kokoro: nope. That was my first and last time that I saw her. Even if I saw her on the street her face was obscured since she had been wearing shades and a hat so I wouldn’t have known it was her anyway. Despite how the memory starts it ends really nice.

They had made it to the park and were sitting in the swings, slowly swaying back and forth as they waited for Rei to show.

Koki: I’m glad she was there to save you from those crazy kids.

Kokoro: *laughs* who are you telling? But when I was old enough to understand what she was trying to tell me I got what she meant.

Koki: So what happened to charm? *he asks out of curiosity*

Reaching for the necklace she pulled the chain from out under her shirt and showed Koki the charm attached.  Leaning over he looked at the necklace. It was delicately made and the purple stone glimmer and shone in the street light. There was something very familiar about that charm.

 

Kokoro: When I was about 16 I went on the internet to see if I could find another charm to go with it because I love it so much; but I couldn’t find any one who made anything similar. When I was in New York I went to this jeweler and he couldn’t tell me anything except that it was handmade by the tool impressions on the back. So this is a one of a kind charm.

Koki: You know, I think I’ve seen that charm before?

Kokoro: *looks quizly at him* Where?

Koki: Can’t remember, but I’ve seen it before.

Kokoro thought that was weird…how could know know the person who made this? Did he know the person?

Rei: Lolita?

At the arrival of Rei Kitagawa those thoughts were pushed away at the sight of the one woman in her life that she equally loved and hated.

 

A/N: After a long time an update!!! I hadn't forgotten this story, far from it. There is a lot more to it :) I hope that this is a long enough entry to tie you over!!  I haven't started on Chapter Nine but I know what I want to writ about so that one-third of mission complete. Since this is Veteran's Day here in the States...HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY....I am so amazingly proud of our men and women in the Armed Forces!!! <3 <3

 

Oh and leave a comment and tell me what you think!!! BESOS!!!