Chapter 6

Con Todo Mi Corazon

The alarm clock went off approximately at 5am, waking Koki up, which wasn’t that hard. When you're excited to greet your day it’s never hard to get out of bed. And Koki was ready to start it. After eating a simple breakfast consisting of a slice of toast, a banana, a bowl of cereal and glass of orange juice, he jumped into the shower scrubbing his body clean, every inch.  Stepping out of the shower he wrapped a warm fluffy towel around his slender hips, steam permeating the air, he runs his hand over the steamed bathroom mirror allowing himself to see a fuzzy reflection of himself.

Turning his head to the left then to the right he looked at his damp hair and face. He had began to grow facial hair on his chin and as he rubbed his hands over it he tried to remember if Kokoro had mentioned if she had ever liked him with facial hair. For the life of him he couldn’t remember. And if they were going to be smooching at any point today he didn’t want to turn her off if she didn’t like facial hair. I am so not chancing that Koki thought. So he grabbed his razor getting to work. Soon he was clean shaven and looking very handsome, or at least so he thought.

Next was his hair, taking the blow dryer he quickly dried it but making sure he didn’t dry it too much letting his natural waves come out, something that he liked about his hair. Then brushing his teeth (twice) he considered himself properly groomed. Oh he had almost forgotten his aftershave that he only really wore for special occasions.

Next came the hard part, picking out what he was going to wear.

It was the end of August which meant it was 110 degrees in the shade, so he needed to be comfortable yet…, unrecognizable. Walking into his closet that could rival the male clothing stores in Shibuya he pulled out this t-shirt, that pair of jeans…no maybe he should wear those designer distressed pair of jeans…if he wore this shirt none of his hats really went with it…those shades wouldn’t match either….and what about his shoes??? All of a sudden clothes that he wore every day became the most uncool clothes on the face of the planet…nothing seemed…cool enough.

Koki: UGH!!! What is this??? This is just an average date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the sound of their master’s voice Sakurai and Rei dropped their ears. They understood that their papa was not in a good mood right now. Realizing that he had scared his babies he told them he was sorry then attempted to explain why he had was frustrated.

Koki: This is so weird. I mean any other day I get dressed without a  problem even though I know there is a chance I can see her I never took this much care for a date.

Of course Koki was only telling half the truth, because every day he was dressing to impress her. It was just that today it was more important to impress her.  But there was some truth in that he never took so much care on how he looked on a date. Yet who was he fooling this wasn’t an average date. No matter what it was non-average. He was Koki Tanaka tabloid bad boy. Back in the day that was what he and Jin had fun doing, teasing the paparazzi playing up to the personas that were given the public. And up until about two years ago he was cool with that. But now he was more aware of what being with him meant for the other person involved with him; Rude photographers all in your space, you life history up for scrutiny, all the gossip of the fans as they evaluated the girl, and it could be pretty harsh sometimes.

In the back of Koki’s mind he began to wonder if he wanted to subject Koko to that. Would she want to be subjected to that? That’s why he had to be careful today. Today he wanted to blend in as a normal male Tokyo resident who just happened to have a date with the hottest Latina to walk this side of the orient.

After looking at the clock and realizing that if he didn’t make up his mind in the next 10 minutes he was going to be late.  Deciding on his favorite colors white and black, he decided to wear a black and white t-shirt and a pair of baggy jeans with black and white Nikes. He kept his standard jewelry on (he felt without it). He left his apartment making sure he had his wallet and cell phone on him. Hailing a taxi he rode to Koko’s apartment.

*****

If Koki had been in a tizzy then Kokoro (Lolita) was more so. For a girl a first date with a guy she really likes no matter how comfortable she was with him in an ordinary situation instantly turns into a big walking bundle of nerves. She could have known the guy all her life, for twenty years or so or just met him in the last twenty hours when it comes to the first date all the emotions are exactly the same.

What do I wear? Can I get away without makeup since it will melt off my face in this heat? Wait I don’t want to look hideous, so yes makeup is a must. Do I wear heels? No he said no heels OMG I need to wax my mustache off like right now!!! Why didn’t I do that last night? And my eyebrows look like Marx Grouch…I can’t believe those heifers didn’t say anything yesterday! If I can’t wear heels I can’t wear that extreme mini-skirt Minzy and Tricia made me buy. I look frumpy in shorts so no. Oh what perfume do I wear? Umm. White Linen Breeze is to classy, Fantasy smells like candy..hmm…sweet and tempting but what if bees attack me?! So…No…, Chanel is too heavy..Oh!! I can wear these…no those are wedge heels…and on and on the thoughts and nervous excitement ebbed and flowed through her brain and body

When Kokoro was all done it looked like Hurricane Katrina had visited her bedroom. It was a federal disaster. Makeup strewn all over her dresser along with her perfume bottles, discarded clothes on her bed, floor, chair, but in the end she was somewhat satisfied with how she looked. Since she was advised not to wear heels she decided to dress from the shoes up since her shoes would determine her outfit. Since she only had two pair of sneakers (her only flat shoes) it didn’t leave much choice. She went with her black sneakers, which lead her to choose dark denim jeans and white halter top that she quite liked that showed off her toned shoulders and accentuated her brown skin and her chest quite nicely. Once she was dressed with her hoop earring in her ears and her makeup done to perfection, she realized that she needed to change purses to match her outfit which almost sent her back into a panic. But she remembered she had just brought a new bag the other day too when she had bought that mini that would match her outfit.

 Just as she was putting the final touches to her lipstick her door bell rung. With her heart racing she answered the door to find an extremely edible Koki standing at her door.

Koki: are you ready?

Kokoro nodded her head.

Kokoro: Hai. * she had her purse already slung over her shoulder. She closed and locked the door to her apartment. Once she was sure that she had properly locked it. She looked at Koki* Now are you going to tell me where we’re going?

Koki: Nope…it’s a surprise.

Kokoro: please *give Koki her best big eyes puppy eyed look with a lush pout too match*

Oh I am definitely kissing her today.Koki thought at his eyes drifted down to her lips. He liked  the glossy pink color she had put on them.

Koki: *grabs her hand and drags her to the waiting cab* You can wait a few more minutes and when we get to where we need to go I’ll tell you. Okay?

Kokoro continues to pout but nods her head in agreement. Koki, the gentlemen that his mother raised him to be, opened the door to the cab letting Kokoro in first following behind her. Once they were secured in the Taxi, the driver takes off heading back onto the main road. Being that Kokoro is directionally challenged she doesn’t quite know which direction they are heading but  she does know that she is heading in the opposite direction then she has ever been. Looking out the window of the taxi she is trying to read the road signs to gleam where they are heading and suddenly seeing the big sign just before they pass under it on the freeway she realizes that they are heading to the opposite side of Tokyo, a part called Suginami City.

Kokoro: Suginami? What’s at Suginami?

Koki: Impatient girl, just wait…we're almost there.

And true to his word, they were there and what Kokoro saw amazed her.

Kokoro: What’s all this?

Koki paid the smiling cab driver and grabbing Kokoro’s hand he pulled her from the car. Her facial expression was in wonder and amazement. She had never seen anything like it. There were literally hundreds of people walking, laughing. Koki had came to pick her up approximately at 7am and now it was nearing almost 8am when they arrived and already Suginami was wide awake. Holding on to Kokoro’s  hand tightly he walked further into the crowd.

Koki: To answer your question, this is the Awa Odori Festival (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awa_Dance_Festival) it is a large-scale street dance festival modeled after the Awa Odori festival in Shikoku. It takes place once a year on the last weekend of August. Since this is your first time here in Tokyo I thought this would be a good experience for you.

As Kokoro was following behind Koki listening to him explain she continued to be mesmerized by all the people dressed in special dresses and costumes. The women dressed were beautifully attired in their elaborate costumes.

Kokoro: Wow… this is like nothing I have ever seen. How long does this last?

Koki: it started yesterday, Friday, and will end on Sunday. There are different dance groups that perform along the streets all during the day and well into the night. There is food, really good food, dancing, drinking of course….

Kokoro: *smiles* of course…

Koki: and games. I thought we could spend the day here. You don’t mind do you?

Koki had stopped and turned to her. He had a guarded look in his eyes and he was standing very straight as if he was preparing himself for some verbal attack of some sort. When Kokoro took in his stance she realized that Koki was somewhat apprehensive about her reception of his choice for their date. Her heart clinched inside her chest. She sensed that he had been hurt one too many times by a female and he didn’t know what her reaction would be to this excursion.

Kokoro, looked at Koki, raising her hand she twisted his Baseball hat to the side. Raising up on her tip toes she looked him squarely in the eyes and said,

Kokoro: This is the best thing ever. I mean it. Don’t doubt it. Oh…and don’t forget that I still remember what you told me last night on the phone. *she one eyebrow mockingly* I wonder if you can deliver, but you’re off to a good start. So you earned a few points so far. *back flat on her feet she quickly turned back into inpatient Kokoro, gently tugging on his short sleeve, pouting.* Now come on, I’m hungry! Feed me! I haven’t eaten breakfast yet.

Playfully rolling his eyes at her obvious playful inpatient attitude he swung his arm around her shoulders leading her off further into the crowd in search of food for his hungry hime.

***

Kokoro was excited! She was at a real Japanese festival. She loved festivals. She lived for festivals; her smiling face clearly shows her excitement. Being that this was a dance festival she was looking forward to all the seeing all the groups, she found out they were called rens, perform.

Koki couldn’t help watching her as she ate her breakfast as she attempted to take everything in. They had managed to find an open and ready street vender with delicious food to feed them. Even though Koki had eaten breakfast earlier that morning he was eating too. After al l that was  only an hour or so ago and he had a very light breakfast and besides her was still a growing man.

Besides taking in the festival she was taking in Koki as well. Being a fan of Koki’s from literally the beginning of his Johnny’s career she had enjoyed watching him grow and mature. In many ways the two of them had grown up together. She appreciated the changes that were occurring in his body; the thickening of those chest muscles and arms, his neck a little thicker and his face widening a little. He was bulking up. Koki was still of smaller size then the men she was used to but that was okay.

Those moles on his face still mesmerized her to no end. And when she looked into his eyes she felt like she was literally falling.

It had been a little over a month since she had arrived in Japan and she was still confused about how her life had become so upside down. She was living in Tokyo, Japan with her two best friends, she was working at JE, she had finally met her mother for the first time and, oh, she was friends with Koki Tanaka (the guy that had lived in her bed room on her ceiling and all four of her bedroom walls since she was 13 years old) and was the first guy to take her on a date in the last three years.

She had many thanks to send up to God right now.

Koki looked up from his food and noticed that she was staring intently at him.

Koki: What? Do I have food on my face?

Kokoro:* shakes her head no* I…just like watching you. I want us to have fun today.

Koki: We will…the only thing I worry about is the heat. Its been much warmer this summer that it has been the last few years.

Kokoro: On days like this I would hit the beach. Have my sketch pad in hand, i-pod in my ears and just relax.  Sometimes I miss Miami. Tokyo is not very beachy. *she laughs*

Koki: That’s one thing that I noticed about you. You are definitely a Caribbean girl. You love water.

Kokoro: I’m am Island girl, you know that. *laugh snorts, making Koki smile*

Koki: before you leave Japan we’ll go to the beach, ne?

Kokoro:  So there will be more excursions like these?

Koki: *pauses and looks at her* Yeah…there will. What? Do you doubt that?

Kokoro: yes…a little…maybe I just want to hear you say it. *plays with her food for a bit* I mean you are who you are and I am who I am…You know what I mean?

Koki: It’s not even 9 am in the morning and already we’re going to have a deep conversation.

Kokoro: well, we ARE deep people.

Koki: *Takes her left hand and intertwine their fingers together and looks her in his eyes*  I know that you and I sometimes dance around each other in circles and I know that you and I haven’t known each other for very long but I like hanging out with you… a lot actually. So can we really see where this will go?

Kokoro: Even though I am leaving in a year? What if we get seriously attached to each other?

Koki: Then that gives you a real reason to stay, ne?

I can’t fall in love with him. I just can’t.Kokoro thought as she looked him in the eyes. Her mind told her it would lead her nothing but trouble, but something told her that it wasn’t going to be that simple and before the year would be up her heart was  going to be in a tangled mess. Just call it a intuition .

Kokoro: Okay…well I am done!! Let’s start our day.

Koki  disposed of the plates and utensils and grabbing her hand again off they went.

***

The two of them had never laughed so much, not in a really long time. The crowd was very large so they were able to blend in well without anyone noticing that a JE idol was in the crowd. They ate all kinds of festival foods and played booth games and such. Kokoro was glad that she had followed her impulse to bring her digital camera/camcorder with her. She was able to get some amazing pictures of the festival and take some sly picture of Koki in some candid shots, especially when they were both pulled into the dancing crowds and fumbled through the dance steps laughing all the while.

Around 2 pm, after eating lunch, during the extreme heat of the day they entered into an indoor market to escape the heat. It was a huge warehouse type of building that was thankfully air conditioned. Inside was all manner of vendors that sold everything from food to clothes to cell phone charms to everything in between.

Kokoro: *gasps, grabs Koki’s arm and drags him behind her as a booth caught her eyes off in the corner* Look, Kimonos!! Let’s go see!!

Koki followed her indulgently. Kokoro squealed in delight. Touching the silk cloth almost reverently her trained eyes took in the elaborate colors and shapes that the kimono displayed. There were bright reds, green, yellow, purple, black and even white kimonos.

Kokoro: wow…these are really beautiful.

Koki: yeah, these are gorgeous...the designs are really elaborate.

Koki the fabric. A male fashionista in his own right, even designing a lot of the clothes that he wears, he is knowledgeable on the value of fabrics and designs. And his own experienced eyes and fingers noted the texture and strength of the fabric and that the designs on the Kimono had been hand embroidery.  A lot of time had went into the designs

Kokoro: and I bet very expensive.

Just at that moment an older women appeared in front of them.

Female vender: Ohayo, do you like what you see? We have all manner of Kimonos. Is there one that you like?

Kokoro: hmmm. I like that sky blue one….

Female vender: You have excellent taste. This took two months to embroidery. *the woman takes the kimono down and brings it to Kokoro* The color would look really good. It will definitely enhance your skin tone, ne?

Kokoro hums in agreement as she rubs her hands against her jeans to  “clean” them before touching the Kimono.  Examining the stitching she notes how elaborately done the stitching is. This was indeed made with the upmost care.

Kokoro: Did you create this?

Female vender: Lie, this is made by a local independent designer by the name of Ayu. She creates one of a kind silk Kimono. None of her kimono ever looks the same.

Kokoro: I really like this. How much is this?

Female  vender: 32,000 Yen

(A/N: that is roughly $ 400)

Kokoro: ………………

Koki during this whole time was watching and listening to the exchange and sees the disappointment in her eyes when the lady tells her the price. The kimono is indeed beautiful and before Koki allows himself to think about the idea that pops into his head he opens his mouth…

Koki: We’ll take it.

Kokoro turns in shock with wide eyes.

Kokoro: It’s okay…I can make my own.

Koki: I am pretty sure you can. But let me get this. It’s not like I can’t afford it.

Kokoro: That true…, pero…

Female vender: Honey, one thing I’ve learned is if your boyfriend or husband is adamant about buying you something let him…You have good boyfriend. Let me wrap this up for you. *and off the woman goes with the Kimono to wrap it up for her*

Kokoro: You just made her extremely happy.

Koki: *leans down* the more important question is did I make YOU happy?

In response Kokoro kissed him on the cheek and hugged him. Koki quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and held her tight. He wasn’t normally for PDA but he was taking what he could get. Letting him go she smiled.

Kokoro: Thank you.

The woman returned and Koki and her closed the transaction and soon they were back out into the crowd. Kokoro deciding she didn’t need go any further into market least she cause Koki to buy anything else for her.

As much as she wanted to stay she was starting to get a little wilted and noticed that Koki was too.

Kokoro: Hey lets get back to the main part of the city. Its too hot here. Is that okay?

Koki: I’m fine with that, let’s get a taxi.

Exiting the festival they quickly found a taxi and head back to their side of town. Sitting close to each other they sat quietly. The hands intertwined, his thumb caressing the back of hand soothing her.

Koki: you know that I plan on seeing you dressed in that Kimono.

Kokoro: *smiles* you will. So now you need to think up an occasion to see me dressed in this.

Koki: Do you really need an occasion?

Kokoro: no not really, but I would like one.

Koki: Hai, hime. Then I will come up with one.

As what always happens it didn’t nearly take as long to get back home as it was to get where they were going and soon the taxi has pulled up in front of her apartment.

Standing in front of her door they faced one another.

Koki: So how did I do?

Kokoro: *Looks thoughtful* Out of five stars I would give you…five stars. The best part was watching you dance. I thought you had coordination *snickers*

Koki: and I thought you knew your left foot from your right.

Kokoro: Apparently not *both of them laughed* seriously, I had a really nice time Koki. Thanks for this, I mean the date and the kimono. I promise I will pay you back.

Koki: if you pay me back it wouldn’t be a gift. And it’s a gift. Don’t worry about it. I won’t.

Kokoro: But... *wants to argue her point* It was really expensive and I mean it not like we are like boyfriend and girlfriend. I mean even really good friends don’t spend that much money on each other.

Koki: if you are so adamant about. I'll accept only one type of payment. You gotta give me a kiss…on the lips and not a peck. Either that or you just accept it as a gift.

Koki had thrown that out there expecting her to let the issue drop and Kokoro had sensed that. Koki wasn’t expecting a kiss he wanted her to take   the gift as it was, without any strings attached and for that alone Kokoro felt he deserved the kiss.

She had never expected to meet a guy like Koki (let alone Koki himself), so caring and loveable, rough around the edges sometimes but as sweet as a lab puppy, with a heart of gold. She was in serious danger of getting her heart broke but for the first time she didn’t even care.

Without a word she moved close to Koki her s flush against his chest as she put a hand against the base of his neck tilting her face up while bring his towards hers and touched her lips against his. For a split second Koki just stood there then he closed his eyes and took over and nibbled on her bottom lip asking for entrance which she gladly gave. And soon their tongues meld together; the heat of their mouths went up a notch there breathing becoming hitched in their chest, lungs burning for air yet neither of them cared as the world only consisted of them and the kiss.

For Koki it was more than he ever expected. Her lips were so soft and sweet they were addictive and this one time wasn’t going to be enough. He wanted to drink from them for the rest of his life.

But he couldn’t. He had to come up for air. Both of them in a daze as they separated from the kiss. Kokoro’s chest rose and fell as she took in deep breaths of air to calm her beating heart and to tell her s or stand down, they were embarrassing her as they stood at attention pressing against her shirt. (That didn’t go unnoticed by Koki).

Koki: you better get inside before I ask for further payment. *Koki took her keys from her hands and opened her door for which she was very grateful for, because as off center as she was now she was unsure if she could have performed the task* I’ll talk to later okay?

Nodding her head she crossed the thresh hold and turned and looked at Koki.

Kokoro: Later?

Koki: Yeah, later.

Looking at her for a moment then touching her check gently before he turned and left she watched him until his back disappeared from view before closing her door slumping against it.

***

The next day later as Koki is writing his j-web manual(the italics are Koki’s thoughts as he writes his j-web)

 

Koki Tanaka
Manual.48
I really wish I could tell everyone that I meet the most wonderful girl and had the most funniest date in a really long time….

…Well, even though the summer ended it’s still hot.
You unaffected by heatstrokes?
I worry for my bunnies [= his fans].

I hope she didn’t get sunburned. She said she had put on sunscreen that morning. Maybe I should have bought some while we were out yesterday….
Speaking of the hot summer, the festival that happens once a year ended safely

That was the best festival I have ever been too <3 <3
Our beloved baka-chan [= Ueda] got a little hurt and worried everyone.
She was so cute when she was tripping over her feet as she tried to do the dances. I should have bought my video cam. Next time definitely……

…..I enjoyed it so much I thought I would die


Or perhaps I should say I enjoyed it so much I thought I would die (second time)
For those bunnies not able to come and see it there is still next year.

I wonder if I can get her to come to my next show?? I would definitely want to work harder. Show her my very best….
It seems we will be able to meet again soon.
My overseas bunnies made various things as surprises for us, of course there are also people who specially came from Japan on holidays, because in Japan there are various restrictions, it’s difficult…
Everyone’s feelings reached us.
They are treasures.
“I will ALWAYS be a HYPHEN since the beginning until the day I take my last breath”*Kokoro voice replays in his mind*

…………..Because we don’t let go, don’t leave us, OK?
Unfaithfulness is not allowed

…Something tells me she isn’t like the other girls...she wouldn’t hurt me intentionally…
…..Today I made an even greater buy myself.
It’s a more personal talk now, but recently I am learning the shamisen [three-stringed Japanese guitar].
It’s really, really fun.
I can not play it yet but someday I want to show it.
Shamisen is so cool.
…I already know what I want my first song to be a love song titled “Kokoro”…

 

TBC…..

A/N: Looks like someone got it bad!!!  AWWWW!!! The much anticipated date has happened!!!! Yeah!!! And so far everything is going very well!!! YEA!!!! I am in happy mode because I finished chapter six. Very accomplished…comments are loved <3 <3

Besos :*