Chapter 14

Con Todo Mi Corazon

Yuichi merged into traffic once he saw there were openings in the crazy Roppongi traffic. Traffic was crazy in Tokyo, period, but it was more insane in the commercial district of Tokyo. Once he felt safely merged into traffic Yuichi relaxed only to tense up again once he realized the situation he was now currently in.

Yuichi was very nervous; he was finally alone with Yuki Hanawa, his mystery girl. Yu-kun’s palms were sweating making the steering wheel slippery to touch; his shirt and jacket seemed to have come alive and was now strangling him around the collar making it difficult to breathe. Yuichi was also sure that he was red in the face, and he hadn’t made an idiot of himself…, yet. How was he ever going to get her phone number if he was in this state?

Sitting at a stoplight Yuichi began to drum the steering wheel nervously in a un-rhythmic pattern. Fortunately, for Yuichi his fidgeting and general nervousness weren’t noted because Yuki she was sweating too.

Gosh, this is worse than a first date, because at least on a first date you already know the guy is interested in you. If I say something…fangirlish, like I have every picture that was ever taken of you and I fall asleep every night looking at your face and I have memorized every song you ever sung, and on your birthday, I make a birthday cake for you…all sounds kind of…stalker-ish and like I have no life. Wait do I even have a life?

Yuki, of course, had a life; It just wasn’t…exciting. But then whose life ever was? It had been what, five years, since she even really talked to a male in a non-professional capacity that she was attracted too? Oh, and he isn’t related to her either. Yuki sighed, disappointed with herself. When had she let it get THAT bad? Why was she even worrying? It was a known fact that Yuichi Nakamaru likes younger girls and she was the same age as he was. She sighed again.  

Yuichi: Are you okay?

Yuki: *startled out of her thoughts* huh?

Yuichi: You were sighing there. You sounded, I don’t know, kind of sad.

Yuki: Oh, no * smiles awkwardly* umm just thinking about…my family; Missing them. *mentally smacks herself on he forehead Way to go Yuki, just let him think that he is so boring that you would rather be with his family then with him*

Yuichi: *nods his head as he escalates through the intersection once the light turned green* So my instincts are right…you’re not from Tokyo.

Yuki: *smiles shyly* No, I’m from Sendai.

Yuichi: *glances over for a second with a smile on his lips* I love Sendai!! We hold a concerts there every year when we can.

Yuki: *smiles brightly* I know I always try and go…

Yuichi: *smiles gets even bigger* So you ARE a Kat-tun fan club member? *Yuki nods her head yes*

Yuichi WASN’T even about to ask whom her favorite member of the group was, he didn’t want to hear for the hundredth, make that a thousandth, time that Kameneshi was a fan’s ichiban. Koki had talked about that for WEEKS when he had asked Lolita who her favorite was. He had sulked for at least a week too.  

Yuichi: So what do you do actually? You’re the same age I am right? If you don’t mind me asking.

Yuki: I’m a student-slash-part-time bookstore clerk-slash-aspiring Mangaka as mentioned before. *laughs* I guess that’s a good way to describe me right now. So that would mean I’m not really anything? I don’t do anything full-time, like you.

Yuichi: That doesn’t sound so bad. You only become full time when you discover what you want to do. Is that what made you decide to come to Tokyo? To be a Manga artist, I mean?

Yuki: hmmm…partly…Its one reason…

Yuki didn’t elaborate which sparked Yuichi’s interest.  Yuichi had been interested from the beginning when he had meet her on Todai’s campus; those magnetic eyes haunted him for a few days afterwards. He was also curious about those eyes. Outside of contacts he had never seen an Asian with such distinctive eye coloring, yet he knew those were her real eye color.

Yuki: You go to school too? *looks over at him*  I think I read that somewhere.

Of course she read about it, every week she faithfully read his j-web.

Yuichi: yeah, on-line. I mean it’s okay and it works with my crazy schedule. Although I think I’m missing out on the college experience. That's why about a month or so back I went incognito to campus just to watch and see college life in action.

Yuki laughs at that.

Yuki: It’s not much, so don’t worry. Unless you like to party and drink on the weekends. Oh!! turn right there. That’s my building.

Yuichi makes note of where she is pointing and pulls up into a vacant visitor spot. Once he’s parked, he looks up at the dirty old building. It was about eight stories high with each apartment door facing the street. It looked dingy and neglected. It had obviously seen better days, like maybe 50 years ago, if then.

Yuki: I know that it doesn’t look like much, but its home. Thanks for driving me back *unsnaps her seat belt and puts her hand on the door latch only to have Yuichi stop her*

Yuichi: Let me walk you up. It’s really late.

Yuichi unsnapped his seatbelt and exited the car. He rushed to her side opening the door to help her out.

Again, there was a moment of silence as they walked up five flights of stairs (the elevator was out again for the second time this week). Yuki made a mental note never take the elevator again. Ever.

Yuki and Yuichi in those quiet moments both wished that they were more talented at engaging people but both felt that they were horrible at it; Felt so self-conscious that it wasn’t funny. At the end of the day they were just normal people weren’t they? Although they weren’t talking, she wished that they could just walk together forever, with his cologne mixed with his scent surrounding her. And he thought she was cute they way she pushed her glassed up on the bridge of her nose when they kept stubbornly sliding down.

When am I  ever going to get the chance to be with her/him again they each thought to themselves.

And just as expected, they arrived at her apartment door, number 522 to soon.

Yuichi: Ano…

Yuki: Ano…thanks for taking me home! I really appreciate it.

Yuki sticks her key into the lock and opens her door. Yuichi bites his lip, watching as his moment is about to slip away, yet before she walked over the thresh hold he called out.

Yuichi: hey! *she turns toward him, pushing her glasses up further on her nose* Umm…I… see…

He had turned into a bubbling mass of indecisiveness.

Yuki: Yes?

Yuichi: *begins to blush madly*  Could…I-I…Call you sometimes? *he wanted to melt into the floor*

Yuki stood there then realizing that she needed to answer she shook her self from her daze in the gave the only answer that she had.

Yuki: yeah… you can *she was just as red as he was*.

Yuichi’s eyes widen, then looking down at his hand he realized that he had already pulled out his cell phone. Flipping it open he tapped in the number that she gave to him.

Yuki: *smiles shyly*  it’s getting pretty late. You had better go. Ano…text me when you get home so I know that you are okay.

Yuichi, with a full blown smile now, nods his head.

Yuichi: Go in first.

So bidding each other good night she enters into her apartment, bolting it behind. Yuichi stood there in wonder for a moment then literally floated down the steps, he didn’t even remember if his feet touched the steps.

Yuichi made a mental note to thank Koki tomorrow.

***

roppongi

 Club Del Rio

Seo Jin was sitting at his cousin’s David’s desk as she intensively went about drawing his picture. He was so happy. He was with his umma in the country that his father was from! How cool was that? In his heart, he wished that he could at least get a glimpse of his dad too then everything would be perfect.

Minzy and David were in a corner having a talk. Actually David was talking and Minzy just listened. David was in interrogation mode.

David: Did you meet Jin?

Minzy: Yes…

David: Does he even remember you?

Minzy: Yes…

David: You haven’t told Ahjumma have you?

Minzy: No…

David: You’re leaving Japan soon right?

Minzy: Yes…

David: When?

Minzy: In a week…

David: Good, then I can fly back with you to Korea.

Minzy: *sighs* David I’m not going back to Korea yet.

David: Where the hell are you going?

Minzy: To the states? However, before you ask I was drafted into being one of Jin’s dancers for his American tour.

David: *narrows his eyes* Drafted or you volunteered?!

Minzy: David, I love you and you’re family and all but don’t push it. I have enough to deal with.

David: *sighs*  look Minzy, I’m just worried about you, that’s all. Jin is an . Just remember what he did to you, okay? I don’t need to remind you of how he left.

He didn’t have to remind her of how Jin left, how her heart broke and shattered. She had kept the last contact that he had sent her, his letter. Why she kept the coldly worded and heart-rending letter she didn’t know. Maybe to remind herself never to play the fool again.

Minzy: I know what you’re worried about David, but don’t worry. I never play the fool twice. Look let me get out of here and get some rest. Its been a day. Thanks for surprising me with Seo Jin. 

David: Yeah…I’ll pick him up in a week and fly back home with him. By the way *David turns from Minzy and looks at the adorable little boy still drawing* Why did you name him after Jin? I’ve always wanted to ask. And why did you tell him who his father was?

Minzy: Because no matter what he will always be his father’s son. He needs a connection even if its just a name. *looks into David’s eyes* I can at least give him that. And he needs to know who his other half comes from.

Walking towards her son, she called out to him

Minzy: Chibi-Chibi! You ready to go? Its getting late and although Korea is twelve hours behind Japan time you need to rest or at least let umma rest.

Seo Jin: Okay, umma!Look, I drew this for you!! *Seo Jin was in a Happy Mode*

Seo Jin held up a large piece of paper with people and bright colors.

Minzy: Thanks baby! * she takes the picture and kissing him on the check his short little arms hug her tightly against the neck.

Waving goodbye to David she exits the office and passing Rain in the hallway they bid goodbye to him also.

Rain enters into the office, David has just settled down into his chair at his desk.

Rain: Why do you looks so upset?

David: Because I have a bad feeling about this.

Rain: * Leans back in his own chair* Just remember the situation between Minzy and Jin is of your own making. You were the one who kept them apart all these years. The letter that you forged in Jin’s name after he came back to LA to look for Minzy after she had already left for Korea. Jin was all prepared to marry her then…and it wasn’t because of a baby but because he really loved her. When they find out, and trust me they WILL find out, you better be prepared to deal with the fallout of your actions.

And that was exactly what David Mangjeol was afraid of.

A/N: Here is the next part of the story...Yeah Yuichi!! He asked for Yuki's number...Thankfully Yuki gave it to him; And yeah, I don't think its time to show him her Yuichi Nakamaru merchandise.

David! What did you do? So I have given another piece of the puzzle about the  situation between Jin and Minzy...I hope it makes it a liitle clearer, not much but some.

Hope you enjoy and Please comment *besos*