Chapter Nine

Con Todo Mi Corazon

Minzy stormed into the dancer’s dorm entering what was now completely quiet apartment complex. She was the only one in the dorm currently, as all of Tatsuya dancers were released; most had headed back to their respective homes, whether in Japan or overseas.

Minzy had been all pack and ready to head back to Korea when she had received a call from Rei Kitagawa asking that she should stop by the complex. As she had ridden the subway, something in her gut told her to be weary and she had been right.

She had been picked to be a dancer in Jin’s Yellow Gold Tour. And all she could think was WHAT THE !! Other dancers would have been ecstatic at the opportunity but not Minzy. She sense that Jin was behind this and there was no way or reason for her to decline this chance. She had not seen Jin since the press conference and she had been avoiding his calls. It now became apparent that Jin wasn’t going to let her go, even at her request. Damnit!  Minzy thought as she curled up on her bed not caring that she was soaking wet from the rain.

You may be wondering what all this ducking and dodging that was taking place between Minzy and Jin was about that even the sometimes very non-observant Lolita even picked up on. Well, its quite simple… then it isn’t.

Minzy and Jin once had a relationship. When they were both in Los Angeles, when Jin first went abroad; Minzy had been 17 and Jin had been 20-1. It wasn’t a friendship relationship; it had been more, much more. So much more that Minzy had left L.A. to go back home to Korea with a shattered heart.

Jin had just went back home.

Minzy had come to JE with no intention of seeing Jin Akanishi but apparently, God had other plans for her. The first day he was back from his shows in L.A. she had ran into him in the corridor of the Complex. They had stared at each other with looks that could only be describes as two deers caught in high beam headlights they were so surprised to see each other.  It had been the day of the orientation when she had first meet Lolita…

Minzy noticed Lolita was observing her as the auditorium was emptying out and instead of feeling embarrassed, she smiled widely and waved to Lolita.

Minzy: Hi! How are you?

Lolita: Hi. Fine. Sorry for staring…but you are really striking.

Minzy: That’s what I am going for! This stint with JE is just one more stepping stone towards my dream. You?

Lolita: I not sure what this is for me. A dream maybe? *Lolita let out a small laugh*

Minzy: Being in the inner chambers of JE is ALWAYS a dream. By the way, my name is Min-Ji Gong, but my friends call me Minzy. *Minzy offers her hand for a handshake to Lolita which Lolita accepts*

Lolita: My name is Lolita Rodriguez, Nice to meet you.

As the crowd thins out both girls stand up and make their way out of the auditorium. Just as Lolita and Minzy were about to exit the double doors, Lolita heard her name being called.

Rei: Ms. Rodriquez? Good, I caught you before you left. I need to see you, there are some things that we need to discuss.

Lolita: Hai. *turning to Minzy she said,* Nice talking to you Minzy, maybe I will see you around.

Minzy: Count on it!!

Leaving  Kitagawa-san and Lolita-san , Minzy exited the auditorium with her notebook of information clutched to her chest as she walked out into the Atrium of the Jimusho aka the complex. Her heart was racing as she realized that she was inside Johnny’s  Entertainment. Mulling around were some of the other dancers as they were talking and discussing the different projects that were going on this summer with JE. She even heard one girl repeating a rumor that they were thinking about adding girl dancers to the KAT-TUN tour. Minzy rolled her eyes at that. Like Johnny-san would let any girls near his bad-boy band. Johnny would throw a fit, if the idea were even presented to him because taking a normal sane girl and sitting her in a room with Kazu, Junno, Koki, Tatsuya and Yuichi and watch what happens.

Soon the complex emptied out…it would be tomorrow that they would be given their assignments. Looking around she decided to see if she could sneak up to the third floor. It wouldn’t hurt,ne? Besides who knew in what way she would be assigned she may never ever set foot on the third floor.

So quickly moving onto the elevator that had just arrived to the ground floor with some younger juniors exiting she quickly got on and pushed the third floor button.

She was feeling really daring….

***

Jin Akanishi was back in Japan and almost the first place he goes is to the Jimusho. He had literally snuck in to the complex. He wasn’t ready to face his former band mates yet and Johnny had expressed that no one was to know that he was there, just for that reason. He didn’t want Koki and Jin to come to blows. Before Jin had left for L.A it had literally come to that with Jin and Koki actually getting into a fist fight, the first one in many years since the group was formed.

Johnny had no idea what was really going on with Jin and Koki and Jin wasn’t about to elaborate. He decided it was best if the old man thought it was all about Jin leaving the group instead of damaging a friendship beyond repair, besides was their even a difference?

***

Minzy felt the elevator glide to a smooth stop on the third floor. The elevator doors whished opened and there was she on the third floor! After she had done some research a few years back she had learned that the Complex had four floors. The first floor was the Orientation auditorium where yearly JE Auditions took place, a café were located.; The second floor were for the new Johnny Juniors came to be trained in dancing, acting, singing and hosting, basically how to be an all around entertainer; Next was the third floor where ever new Johnny was told to set their sight on accomplishing…,making it to this floor. The Third Floor didn’t look any diffeant than the floor below except that it represented success, that you had made it, that there was a fan base strong enough to support you, to release albums, act in dramas and attend your concerts where you were the main attraction.

And there Minzy stood…the hallway was strangely quiet and she wondered where everyone was. It wasn’t that she wanted to get caught she was just expecting a least a little hub to take place.

‘Maybe Arashi and TOKIO are promoting today’ Minzy thought as she made her way down the corridor, as she walked down further she began to hear voices.

Tatsuya: Is Koki still on the roof?

Yuichi: Yeah…, I think he is still dealing with some things.

Kazuya: the situation with Erina is crazy, and to find out Jin had a part to play in it…Bakanishi is a Baka. What was he thinking?

Yuichi: He wasn’t thinking…that’s the problem. He never does.

‘You never said anything more true Nakamaru-san’ Minzy was just outside the door listen. Then she heard footsteps approaching. She began to panic and turned to leave when she came face to face with Jin Akanishi.

Jin: Minzy?!

Realizing that she didn’t want to get into any trouble before she even started at JE and discerning that maybe Jin didn’t need to be seen she grabbed his hand and pulled him down the hall and opening the first door she came to which happened to be an storage closet.

Minzy: *hisses* get inside. Someone is coming and I think its Yuichi.

Quickly pushing him in she followed and closed the door behind her just as Yuichi was walking into the hallway.

Jin didn’t appear to be fazed that he was  being domineering into a closet by the short yet forceful Minzy. What he was curious about was why she was there?

Jin: Minzy…? What in the hell are you doing here?

Minzy: I’m  here because I will be working here starting tomorrow? And what are YOU doing here? Didn’t you just get back to Japan yesterday?

Jin was floored at that news and just stared at Minzy’s face in  the dark. She had cracked the door slightly ajar so she could see who was coming down the hallway. Yuichi was walking in their direction but stopped short as he came to the door marked “Stairwell” opening the door walking through it, obviously to go get Tanaka-san.

Minzy: *sighs in relief* he’s gone. I had better not take any chances I need to go back to the dorm now.

Before she could leave the storage closet Jin pulls her close to him, turning her so that now they are face to face. Minzy is disturbed by this. Up until that moment, she hadn’t looked him in the eyes. She couldn’t. She is afraid that she would lose to him…again. Now she couldn’t help it.

Jin: *after a long moment* Its been a while Minzy. What five years?

Minzy: *attempts to appear indifferent* give or take. I wouldn’t know I haven’t been keeping track.

Jin:…Minzy…

Minzy: Jin let go!

She pushes hard against his chest and quickly walks out the storage closet and takes the stairwell and notices that it leads to a overhead walkway that leads to the parking garage. Quickly exiting she makes her way across and out of sight to goes, not realizing that Jin had followed her watching her disappear from sight.

The memory fades …It was a simple chance meeting but it wasn’t as simple and uneventful at it appeared. She still felt the tight grip of his hands as he had held her arms, as if he wasn’t about to let her go. The intense look in his eyes had unnerved her. He looked extremely glad to see her and at the same time very sad. Minzy refused to think for a moment that he was sad about their ruined relationship when he was the one that had left her, shattered her. As Yuichi had said Bakanishi never thinks about his actions before he does anything. Only about him self, and unfortunately, it appeared that that had not changed even in the years that both of them had grown up.

The touch of his hands had brought to the surface the memory of the way he would hug her so close to his heart. As if she mattered to him. And that caused her to think about the kisses he once gave her. She had been 17 and in love with the international student Jin Akanishi  who had come to America to study aboard to better his English.

Minzy had come to the United States six months before when her parents had divorced and her mother who was Korean American had returned to her home country and Minzy would be finishing her last year of high school in L.A.  Even though she had her mother’s family around her she felt alone.

It was because of this that her older cousins that were college age would take her out to some the college hangouts that they frequented; it was there thru one of her cousin’s classmates she had met Jin Akanishi. And her life changed.

At the time she was not into Japanese Pop or Johnny’s entertainment and hadn’t known that he was one of the rising stars of the Japanese entertainment industry and she wouldn’t know until almost a year later after they had broken up.

It happened that one rainy Friday night, like today, that she had run into Jin alone in downtown L.A.  Jin had recognized her right away and had asked her to come and eat lunch with him, his treat. It had been the funniest rainiest fun day that she had had. And apparently for Jin too, because he had asked her to do it again, and she agreed.

And without much effort they became friends and unbeknownst to Minzy she was falling  in love.

And now it looked as if for the next two months at least she was going to have to deal with him even more than she wanted to. And it was all Jin’s fault, she was sure of it.

***

Yuki was at work humming a happy tune as she restocked the shelves with the latest arrivals at the book store that she currently worked at. It was a small store but one of those out of the way quirky ones that catered to a specific crowd; an eccentric crowd.

Suki: You must be in a good mood.

Yuki: *startled out of her own world she dropped a stack of books on her already tired feet* OAW!!! Will you STOP THAT!! It is so annoying. And if I was in a good mood a moment ago then I’m not now. *Yuki rolled her eyes as she bent to pick up the books that had crippled her feet.

Suki was not at all intimidated by her co-worker. Obviously, Suki worked at the same bookstore that Yuki did, and although they got along fairly well for co-workers they wouldn’t call themselves friends.

Suki: What’s with that humming and that stupid grin on your face…it’s creepy. *Suki apparently had an aversion to being happy because it never seemed that she was.*

Yuki: *in a sarcastic tone* I am SO sorry that I am so creepy…apparently I was born this way.

Suki: *not all offended by Yuki’s tone, actually she preferred it when Yuki was snarky* Well, cut it out. It is so annoying.

Yuki: We all can’t be “emo” like you Su-chan *Yuki called her Su-chan to annoy her even more because she knew that she hated to be called that. Suki had made it a point that she never wanted to be called that which only made Yuki want to call her that even more. Yuki could be annoying, she knew that, but she couldn’t help needling her when she saw her just cause…like now*

Suki just walked away in a huff. Yuki smiled. She was back to being happy.

Yuki was happy for several reasons, her graduate assistance ship at the university had come through this morning, which meant that she had another job which would help pay her expensive cost of living, the down side of living in a huge metropolitan city like Tokyo. And she had passed her first test in her graduate level class and… she couldn’t stop thinking about that guy, she had met three weeks ago.

Every day that she went to campus she would always look around and hope to see him, even though she had no clue what he looked like, nor his name. But she couldn’t help but hope she would meet him again.

The door chime rang and she peeked around the bookcase to greet the customers only to see the owner of the small bookstore arrive back from her errand. She shook her head in wonder. The owner of this  bookstore, called oddly enough, EnchantedBooks was owned and operated by  Fukuwa Saori, a women in her fifties that still like to dress in her Lolita fashions. Today she was dress in a red flashy Lolita dress that showed off her plump shape.

In spite of Saori-san’s eccentric tendencies, she was a peachy cool person in Yuki’s book.

Gently shaking the wet umbrella then closing it she looked at her two employees, her only employees, and was pleased to see that they hadn’t killed each other. She worried sometimes. Suki had worked for her since she was in high school and had decided to stay even after she had finished college. Saori-san felt that she and Suki were cut from the same clothe even though she was  a Lolita and Suki was black Gothic (which explained in a way her emo  personality) , as for Yuki she was still trying to figure her out, as she seemed the mousy type but her suppressed smirk said otherwise. But she considered both of them like the daughters that she never had. She wanted to look out for them especially Yuki-chan since her family was not here in Tokyo with her.

Saori: I am glad to see my bookstore is still standing, girls.

Suki: It won’t be for long if she doesn’t stop calling me Su-chan.

Saori: Alright girls, play nice. Yuki, stop annoying Suki *Suki smirked* and  Suki stopping riling Yuki please. She only does that when you push her last buttons. For twenty-five year olds you two sometimes act like five year olds.

Saori walked to the back office to put away her stuff , while the girls stuck their tongues out at each other and got back to work.

The rain continued to fall from the sky and Yuki wondered if she was ever going to meet the mystery man.

****

It was pouring rain as Lola was working diligently on the clothes for Jin to wear for the Yellow Gold Tour for the U.S. Leg. Her sitting room was a mess, with sparkles, metallic colors and pants and shirts and hats strategically placed around her room. The day before Lolita had went in search of  a sturdy sewing machine and now was working even more tirelessly. There were still a lot of hand sewing details that needed to be done but that was okay.

Lolita: Agh!!

She stretches her back as she attempts to stretch the knots out that seem to be permanently lodged into her back from the totally bad sitting habit that was coming to bite her in back.  I should have listened to Abuela Lolita thought; those memories of her father’s mother scolding her to stand and sit straight, that a lady should never slouched no matter how tired she was.

Taking her glasses off (her contacts were bothering her eyes lately) she rubbed them sighing in tiredness. It was late in the evening the rain hitting against her kitchen window  in a steady rhythm attempting to seduce her to just give it up for today and just fall asleep already. Leaning her head against the sofa cushion she was closed her eyes as she took deep breaths slowing willing her body to let go of the tense in her back and shoulders.

Think happy thoughts…think happy thoughts….And with that mantra the happiest thought that popped into her head was Koki. With her eyes still closed she smiled as he floated in her mind. She wanted to redo their date. It had been so much fun. With him she really was Kokoro , comfortable in her own skin and who she truly was and she liked that, a lot. She hadn’t been Kokoro since her father died, and she had almost forgotten that she existed, since Lolita had taken over for so long.

It almost seems as if she had a split personality.  

Kokoro was the brown skinned girl who loved to eat fried plantains and mangos, and to play in the crystal clear blue waters of the Caribbean. Kokoro was the girl who discovered Johnny Entertainment when she was 11 thru her cousin’s cousin and had fallen in love with TOKIO only to have on her 13th birthday discovered a Johnny’s by the name of Koki Tanaka. His cute almost girlish face enamoring her, his brown eyes so cute and expressive they captivated her and before she knew it she began to cover the walls of her bedroom with his image. Looking intently in all the Japanese publications she could she would clip pictures of him. She felt she owed Regina, her cousin’s cousin, her life when on her 14th birthday Regina had created a huge gigantic poster that was 5’ x 3’ poster with all the pictures of Koki Tanaka in various poses and sizes, Kokoro had squealed with delight. She had even gone so far as to use her birthday wish to ask that she get the chance to meet Koki.

Lolita smiled at that.  Baby Kokoro was something else with her love for Koki.

Her body was slowly releasing tension and after a while went back to work. After fifteen minutes she decided that she couldn’t take it anymore and decided it was best if she ended it here for today. Cleaning up her mess and putting it away she made her way to the kitchen and was searching around in the fridge wondering what she could eat. Her stomach angrily growled at her to decide on something, anything. Pulling out a bottle of water she turned it up taking a swallow wondering if she was brave enough to go out in the rain to grab something to eat when her cell phone rang out. The phone was laid out on the kitchen table and was furiously vibrating as it sung “make you wet” letting her know distinctively who was calling. Smiling she answered her phone.

Lolita: Moshi, Moshi?

Koki: Hey Love…are you up to something?

Lolita:  No…I was but now I am finished for the day? What’s up? Miss me?

Koki: Always…*Koki pauses for a moment* Do you feel up to coming over to my place? I am cooking dinner and I would like to eat with you.

At the mention of dinner, Lolita’s stomach growled some more give a firm answer of yes.

Lolita: Perfect timing…Yes. I will be there in 20.

Koki: *a grin enters into his tone* I’ll see you, Ja.

Lolita: Ciao.

Lolita squealed in excitement.  She was going to go see her baby…

***

Junnosuke Taguchi looked at the game disk that he was currently twirling between his fingers almost mesmerized by the flash of light that emanated from the disk every time the overhead light hit it. He had come to possess the disk by chance, Jin lending it to him. It was a beta version of a new game that was being launched in the next several months from Shimada Games.

How he came to be in possession of the disk was quite simple, he blackmailed Jin into it.

  ~~~BEGINNING OF FLASHBACK~~~

Junno had stopped by Jin’s new dressing room at the Complex and had caught the end tail of a conversation between Lolita and Jin.

Lolita: It’s a beta version, there are literally like only a hundred copies of this game. I am not into video games THAT much to be of any use to rate the game. I was wondering if you were tempted, hmm *Lolita tempting swayed the game in front Jin’s eyes*

Jin: Hmm, I don’t know. I have a lot of writing to do…I mean I could work it in.

Lolita: Bueno, that would be awesome. My friend would be all over me if she didn’t get feedback. Thanks s much!!  You are really getting me out of a bind. Gracias, Jin.

Junno: *enters the room more* Hey, guys! What’s up?

Jin: Hey Junno-kun!

Lolita: The Guchi!! What are doing on this side of the building?

Junno: Came to hang out with Jin for a while. Drive him crazy like I usually do.

Jin:  *Rolls his eyes* You got that right.

Junno: *getting settled in the chair that was next to Jin’s in front of the lighted mirrors* Aren’t you suppose to be meeting Koki right about now?

And if on queue, Lola’s phone began ring, her eyes lighting up, without bothering to look up from the phone she started walking out the door, tapping in her text and right before she walked through the door as if remembering that she had been talking to the two of them, she turned with a happy smile,

Lolita: Ciao, guys I gotta go * and  happily skipped out the door she left them alone*

Jin and Junno looked at each other and snickered.

Jin:  Man, does she have it bad…yet in total denial.

Junno: Like someone else I used to know…*Junno looks at Jin pointedly*

Jin: Yeah, well, I didn’t know any better at the time.

Junno: Yeah, that’s what Koki said. You should see him. He is completely enamored; It’s fluff central around them. I’m seriously afraid that I’m gonna turn into a diabetic.

Jin: *laughs hard* It’s that bad?? *pauses for a moment* How is Koki by the way?

Junno:* gets sober which some would say is out of character for him* He’s good. I think he is getting over it…why don’t you two talk?

Jin:*spins his chair around in a complete circle* Koki doesn’t want to listen right now so I don’t want to talk.  When he is ready to listen then I’ll talk.

Junno: I know I am the resident idiot of the group…but that is the STUPIDEST thing I ever heard! You gotta make him listen.

Jin: *scrawls* I tried that already, remember? It ended in a fist fight.

Junno thought it was pertinent that he didn’t remind Jin that he provoked that altercation. Deciding that he didn’t want to get a massive headache talking about “JinKo” he focused on what he had heard before he entered the room.

Junno: So what was it that Lolita-chan said about a video game?

Jin: * relieved with the change of topic gladly picked up the disk that Lolita had given him not five minutes before.* This is the beta test for Shimada Games’ new game. *Junno’s eyes widen into large saucers; at the sight Jin smirked.* and apparently I am only one of one hundred special people to test the first beta test of the game.

Junno: What!!!  I’m the game addict of  KAT-TUN why would she give it to you and not me?!

It was not lost on Jin, how Junno phrased that statement, that he still considered Jin a part of the group even though he no longer was. And Jin couldn’t help but feel warm inside that Junno  felt that way. Like he hadn’t lost a friend out of this whole going solo deal that made Jin feel somewhat better about things.

Junno hadn’t been the only one to visit Jin new dressing room, Ueda, Nakamaru, Kame,  had stopped by, the only conspicuous person he hadn’t seen was the aforementioned Koki. And Jin was going to stick to his guns, until Koki was ready to hear him out on his side of the story he and Koki had nothing to say to one another.

Jin: Well, I guess that she likes me more, ne.

Junno: Okay, what do I need to do to get the game?

Jin: *seeing an opportunity to extort some money from Junno* How much are you willing to pay?

Juno: How badly do you not want anyone not to know a have a thing for Minzy? I am sure that Beni would be interested in that piece of information.

Jin’s eyes widened before he controlled himself schooling his face to be cool and nonchalant.

Jin: What are you talking about?

Junno: *smirks. He is not fooled by Jin’s appearance of calmness* Oh, that you and Minzy  seem to have something going on although it looks like Minzy doesn’t want to be bothered but I think that is just a cover.  What is going on with you and her?

Jin: Nothing, and you are being delusional as usual. You have nothing to prove what you are supposing.

Junno: *twisting his lips in thought and slowly turned him self in the chair, once he came back around in full circle he had his phone in his hands* Hmm, I guess I could be delusional but this picture I was able to capture says…maybe not.

Turning the screen in Jin’s direction a clear picture of Minzy and Jin came into view. But is wasn’t an ordinary picture is was a video, taken of them.

Jin: What the hell!! When did you take this?!

Jin jumped from his chair and tried to wrestle  Junno’s phone from his hands but Junno was faster and quicker than Jin and was able to reverse so that Jin was submitted under Junno’s strength.

Once Junno saw that Jin was subdued he answered his question.

Junno: I took this about 2 weeks ago in a certain stairwell. Some interesting dialogue in this video…

Jin: *Glares at Junno* You are so evil. What do you want?

Junno: *smiles in triumph, then looks at the disk still in Jin’s hand* The disk.

Jin:*sighs* whatever. Just don’t tell Lola that I gave it to you, since she asked me to test it out. It seemed important that I be the one.

Junno: Not a problem...

At that moment Kame walked into the room.

Kame: Hey, guys…why are the two of you messing around *Junno still had Jin in a headlock , to which Kame didn’t seem all that surprised. It may seem like Junno is the weak child like one in the group, but in actually when the cameras were off Junno was the exact opposite. He was the smart, strong and extremely intelligent (along with Nakamaru) one in the group.* Junno, let Bakanishi go, its time for our photoshoot…let’s go

~~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~

So now the deadline was approaching for returning the disk back to Shimada Games. He knew that he could mail the disk back  with his critic of the game. But he didn’t want to. There was an invitation to return the game in person to a Tricia Soledad. Hmm, so that is why Lolita wanted to make sure that the game was delivered to Jin personally to get him to play the game. Ms Soledad wants to meet Jin.

Junno felt a little guilty, because she wasn’t going to meet Jin, and annoyed, because every fan girl of KAT-TUN seemed to over look him. Junno understood that part of the reason why was because of the way that he portrayed himself to the fans. That persona that he displayed was all him, he was like that, sometimes, but that wasn’t him completely but he stuck with that because people didn’t seem to buy the serious adult side of him much. Junno figured it had to do with how he looked. Probably a lot with how he looked.

The rain was falling pretty hard, but Junno was curious. Who was this Tricia Soledad that had found an ingenious way to meet Jin? He was intrigued. Obviously she was a friend of Lolita, so was she beautiful? She had to be smart since she worked at a gaming company designing video games.

The more that Junno wondered about her the more he wanted to meet her. Then Junno decided. He would take up Ms. Soledad’s offer and return the game in person.

****

The doorbell rang, letting Koki know that Kokoro had arrived and he was relieved, the weather had gotten really bad, and he felt like an idiot for asking her to drive over in this rain. And the fact that she hadn’t arrived in the time that it normally took (factoring in the added time for driving in rain) he had started to worry. After a few times of trying to call her cell and not getting an answer he was beginning to worry. When the doorbell rung he was standing in the door way putting his shoes on and was about to head out and look for her.

He opened the door to find a drenched Kokoro. When Koki saw her he thought she looked like his ferret when she got drenched in water, and dispite how worried he had been a moment ago he couldn’t help but smile.

Kokoro: Hey *breaths rapidly as she crossed the threshold* sorry I’m late.

Koki: I was worried. I didn’t expect it to take you this long to drive here on your bike. Wait here while I go get some towels.

Koki left but came back just as quickly as he had left with three fluffy towels.

Kokoro: I think you need to get more towels.

Koki: *Looked at her quizzically* why?

Kokoro: Cause we need to dry off these babies that are the reason why I was late. By the way I walked here.

As she said that she opened her jacket that up until that moment he had not noticed had been really tight and lumpy. As she lowered the zipper her jacket opened to reveal three small kittens. One black, one white, and one orange.

Kokoro: Aren’t they cute?? They were sitting in a box with a sign to take them and they were huddle in the box and drenched, shaking and scared. I couldn’t leave them there? I did the right thing right?

Kokoro was an animal lover just as much as Koki was which was one of the things that they connected over. Koko was a dog lover but she was a cat person on the inside and she adored them, which in Koki’s mind, somewhat, explained her unnatural infatuation with Hello Kitty.

Koki being the softy that he is, he couldn’t help his heart from melting at the sight of the drenched mangled looking cats.

Koki: Here, dry off and I’ll go get some more towels.

Kokoro ignored him and proceeded to sit in the floor where Koki had just vacated and started to dry the meowing kittens. At the sounds of their small voices Sakura and Rei came to see what all the noise was about and to greet Mama Kokoro in spite of the thunder and noise that scared them.

Kokoro: Hey, babies, how are you? Tia Kokoro is here!

At the sound of loud thunder Sakura and Rei trembled at the sounds so now she had scared wet tiny balls of cat fur sitting in her lap and hovering shivering dogs at her feet all while she was still dripping huge amounts of water on Koki’s tile floor.

Then Kokoro let out a gigantic sneeze. That wasn’t good. She looked at Koki pleadingly,

Kokoro: A little help please??

Without a word Koki grabbed the three balls of kitty and nodded his head to the t-shirt and boxers he had placed in the nearest chair to the door when he had came back with another set of towels.

Koki: I brought some change in clothes. If that sneeze was any indication you need to hurry up and change before you catch a cold. The bathroom is down the hall and to the right. Don’t worry, I got this. So don’t rush and make sure you dry off completely. A hair dryer is in there too.

Koko: Thanks. I’ll be back.

It took Kokoro longer than she wanted to dry off and change. Her clothes were soaked and her hair was beyond repair, at least for today. In the end she was grateful to be dry.  To be honest there was another reason why she was taking so long, she was checking out Koki luxe bathroom. This was only the third time that she had been to his place. The first time was the first day she was in Japan. The second time had been two week ago when she had came by to drop something off to Koki and had ended up staying for a while but going no further than the kitchen and the living room.

When she had walked to the bathroom she had noticed the door open at the very end of the hall way, obviously the bedroom. She had really wanted to sneak down the hall and take a look but was too scared to do that.  She knew she would feel uncomfortable doing that as she wasn’t invited into that space. A bedroom was private and sacred. She knew that. So she wouldn’t cross the threshold unless she was invited to do so. And Kokoro wasn’t expecting that anytime soon.

Finally deciding that she couldn’t make herself look any better (or worse) she made her way back to the front of the apartment only to have Koki’s power go completely out!

Kokoro: KOKI!!

Koki: hey it’s okay. I’m right here.

Kokoro: where are you? I can’t see you.

Koki: Stay right there. Let me get the flashlight.

Kokoro heard some rustling as Koki went in search of the flashlight and after a minute he found it and suddenly a light was shining down the hall blinding her.

Kokoro: Hey, watch it with the high beam!

Koki: *looking a little sheepish* Sorry.

Kokoro: *suddenly remembers the kittens* AHHH!!! Where are the AristoCats?

Koki:* confused* what?

Kokoro: The kittens? Are they okay?

Koki: Yeah, made them some bedding and they were eating some dog food, Come on I’ll show you.

Koki grabs her hand which has become easier and more comfortable for him to do lately. It doesn’t fail to still send tingles up each of their arms at the simple contact. Both were still very aware of the other’s presence and electricity that crackles between them when they are together. For Koki the attraction was almost frightening for him. He sometimes wonder how it was possible to feel this way about someone that he had only meet roughly two months before. And why it took him until the age of 24 to experience.

For Kokoro, she played it off as if he was just another guy that she liked in her life, nothing more and nothing less. But her thoughts, feeling and actions spoke volumes about what she was REALLY feeling. But she felt she wasn’t ready to open the door on what she was really feeling and explore it.

 Back in the living room, Koki shined the light in the area where the now three dry kitties (with their hair majorly fluffed out making them look like three tiny balls of fluffed out yarn ) were huddle around a large dog bowl of dog food.

Kokoro:  Is it okay for them to be eating that?

Koki: Yep, its fine, Cats can eat dog food but dogs can’t eat cat food. Certain ingredients in cat food are actually poisonous for dogs to eat.

Kokoro: hmm

The little kittens were eating fast and furious. The poor little things were starved. There was no way of telling how long they had been outside without any food. Sitting on the floor next to them, she gently ran her tiny hands over their bodies as they ate; they were so small they didn’t feel like they weighed anything. They were more fluffy fur than anything.

Koki moved to sit beside her, once he was on the floor, Rei and Sakura fought for domination of who would sit in their daddy’s lap. At the sight Kokoro happily laughed, her loud laugh/snort made Koki smile wide and brightly, the crinkles around his eyes appearing. Kokoro’s eyes softened at the sight of that smile. Even in the dimly lit room with the flashlight standing on it end between them and strategically placed candles all over the room she could see him.  Gosh, he is so beautiful when he smiles like that. I love those lines around his eyes.

Kokoro: *clears her thought nervously, she doesn’t understand why she is so nervous all of a sudden*why aren’t the kids terrorizing the kittens?

Koki: *just an eyebrow* They are totally use to their dad bring home strays all the time. So a litter of new animals is not new. Besides the storm is more important with them not being too fond of lightning.

At that moment another loud clap of thunder and lightning shook the windows of Koki’s condo even frightening Kokoro. She jumped at the sound and landed in Koki’s arms almost squishing Sakura between them; Koki’s arms wrapped around her torso by instinct offering shelter and warmth and pulling her closer to his. Sakura vacated the spot on his lap, maybe sensing that her dad had someone else he wanted in his lap .

Koki and Kokoro:  wow!  * they were both looking into each other eyes*

Kokoro widened her eyes as she realized where she had jumped too. She blinked a few times. She looked into his eyes then they wondered onto his lips. She groaned at the sight of them. Belating realizing that she had impassively voiced her desires she bite her lip in embarrassment, now unable to bring her eyes to look into his. She started to push away when Koki tightened his hold and before she knew it Koki lowered his head and kissed her.

It had been two weeks since they had shared their first kiss.  And the want in the kiss they were now sharing was just as strong as the kiss from two weeks before. It started as a  simple kiss that was just lips caress each other, then a nip of a lip, mouths opening, tongues exploring, breathes stolen, hands roaming, moans flowing.

Passion.

Another strike of lightening, stronger than before sounded, yet now it was static to the symphony that was playing in both their ears as they kissed; it was only when Sakura and Rei cried in fear jumping on the two of them that brought them back to themselves.

Breaking the kiss, Kokoro pulled herself from Koki’s lap, thus allowing Sakura to claim her place again.

Wowboth of then thought again. Neither of them said anything, both flushed hot.

Koki, not knowing what to do, his body tight with desire, stood up and walked to the kitchen. Sakura again displaced from the lap she wanted to be in followed behind.

When Koki vacated the room, Kokoro  laid on the floor she on her back her eyes closed as he attempted to level out her breathe.

This gave them time to get it together.

When Koki felt like he could walk normally again, he went back in with the still warm food on a serving tray.

Koki: It hasn’t rained and stormed like this in a while.

Kokoro: hmm… *she was sitting back up* I’m just glad not to be alone in weather like this.

To glanced at Koki and smiled shyly at him. She felt so sixteen at the moment.

Koki: *He felt so sixteen at the moment too but he gallantly camouflaged it* even though you ended up looking like a drowned rat? * Koki laughs at his joke*

Clearing the coffee table of Koki’s laptop and song sheets she helped Koki transfer the plates and bowls to the table arranging them.

Kokoro:*glares at him* Hey, I did not! Rats are not cute. I was a drowned mouse. Mice are way cuter that rats.

Koki: Oh, Okay, Sure a mouse. *they share a smile at the lame interchange to cover up the somewhat awkward situation, then Koki remembers what she had called the kitten earlier.* What did you mean by the ‘AristoCats’ earlier?

Kokoro:  The Disney movie? You’ve seen it right?*Koki nods his head* Well don’t they look like them? Berlioz*Places her hand on the black kitten Toulouse*on the orange kitten* and Marie *on the white one*

Koki: Ahhh, I get it. Clever. I guess that means you want to keep them, ne?

Kokoro: *smiles in self satisfaction* I thought so. Yeah, I want to keep them…

Kokoro moved to pick up her utensils when Koki grabbed her wrist stopping her.

Koki: Go wash your hands.

When she came back they began eating.

Kokoro: Koki this taste really good…if you ever lose your job as a Idol,  you can come cook for me.

Koki: Think about it.  How were you today?

They had eaten in silence as the sound of the rain had plays as background music for them up until them. When Koki had asked her that question, she knew what he was really asking about.

Three days before Koki had discovered her and Rei’s secret. It was really late that night and Kokoro was still at the Complex when Koki had remembered that he had left his cell phone there and had went back for it. Since he wasn’t going to be at the Complex for a about four days it was important that he go back and get it.

Of course due to the time of night it was it was deathly silent with the only person there being the night security guard. Or so Koki had assumed. He had no sooner located his phone in the band’s dressing room when the raised argumentative voices flowed down the corridor. They had been coming from Jin’s dressing room.

At first Koki hadn’t wanted to see who it was, he had a really bad feeling about it from the level of intensity and violent tones or tone actually that was coming down the hall. But something told him he needed to see. As he walked closer the voices became clearer and to his surprise it was Kokoro and Rei-san…

Rei: Why won’t you listen?? Please! It is not what you think

Kokoro: *vehemence  dripping from her voice* Maybe its exactly as I KNOW. You’re a !!!  Plan and simple. What other reason could explain why you did what you did to me?!

(Koki eyes widen—What the hell had he just walked up on? And what had Rei done to Kokoro to make her say such things?)

Rei: Everything is not as it appears on the surface. You only have half the story. Do you even what to know the rest? * She says that last question in a surprising soft tone, almost as if she is in defeat.*

Kokoro: I know all I need to know. You’re my mother true enough, but you are of no importance to me…

At the declaration, Koki let out a big “EHHH!!” before he could catch himself  revealing his presence in the open doorway…

At the question Kokoro slowly chewed her food as she starred at her plate, the memory replaying in her mind.  To be honest she had been in a state of turmoil since then. The heated exchange reverberated in her brain.  She was happy that Koki knew the truth but her stress level about the situation was still the same; Massive.

 Kokoro: the same…I got the call that I wasn’t to report to the Complex until we fly out for the tour.

Koki: *looks thoughtful* Johnny-san called you?

Kokoro shakes her head no.

Kokoro: His secretary…*hurumps* I not even important enough for him to call and talk to…*her voice catches at the end. Koki watches as alone tear escapes from her eyes and falls from her chin.*

In alarm Koki puts his chopsticks down and moves to her side.

Koki: Hey, hey, what the matter? Tell me?

As Koki takes her into his arms offering comfort, something that she had not had in a long time. She became so overwhelmed by the comfort that he offered that the floodgates opened and the tears began to flow. After a while they slowed down and Koki handed her a tissue and she blew her nose (not so lady like :P) and lifted her head from Koki’s chest that was damp from her tears.

Kokoro: Gomen na.

Koki: Don’t worry. Tell me what’s going on. I mean I know what happened and the background but you state them as if they are just black and white facts, as if you have no emotions about them. But it’s clear that you do. Talk to me, please?

She didn’t say anything, and Koki didn’t push her, he just continued to hold her, and when Koki thought she wouldn’t say anything she spoke.

Kokoro: How mad were you when your father left?

Koki: Very. I couldn’t understand how he could leave us to be with another woman, or women as it came to be the case, how he could be so selfish to abandon my mom an me too; and my brothers.

Kokoro: I wonder that too…how she could leave me. If she couldn’t be with my dad, did she have to abandon me too? Was something wrong with me that she couldn’t take me with her? Why didn’t she love me enough to stay? Love us enough to stay…

Koki closed his eyes at the desperate sadness in her voice, the pain inside of her bubbling to the surface.  He hugged her tighter.

Kokoro: It’s so hard for me to be here sometimes. *cries softly*To know that she is right there…yet to know she doesn’t love me.

Koki: How do you know that? Koko…, did you ever think that maybe its fate that you’re here in Japan. Maybe its time for you and your mom to build bridges to one another?

Koki: Why now? I had finally decided to let go…

Koki: Maybe that’s why you’re here. Maybe you aren’t supposed to let go until you really let all the anger go inside.

Kokoro: How do I do that Koki? How do I do that? I don’t know how to do that.. *And she cries even harder on his chest*

***

Kokoro: Are you sure it’s okay for me to be in here? I was fine where I was at.

Koki: *smiles* Yes… *then smirks* What? Are you afraid that I will do something to you…or is it because you WANT me to do something?

At that Kokoro blushed before she help herself, giving away her inner thoughts.  Why am so easy to read?  After a moment she smirked back at him.

Kokoro: *laughs* Am I ALWAYS that easy to read?

Koki continued to smirk, yet nodded his head I answer.

Kokoro: *gently nudges him* Okay, whatever!! * she connects her thumbs together and raises her index fingers creating the letter ‘W’ a holdover of her young teenage years and she laugh outright at Koki’s facial expression; sobering somewhat she said* Thank you for today.

Koki’s eyes soften.  They were sitting on his large king size bed in the dark. The power was still out. They had moved the candles to his bedroom with the animals following behind them. The dogs were resting on the floor at the foot of his bed and the kittens between them. Toulouse, the orange tabby kitten, seem to really like Koki as he had nestle a place to rest in between Koki’s legs as he say cross legged across from his new mom.

Kokoro sat opposite of him; her legs were Indian style also. And in her lap was Marie the white kitten. She and Koko had already seriously bonded and the little girl kitten cried when she walked away from her and she tried to follow her whenever she could. As for Berlioz he lay between them; the cool sheets feeling good against his black fur.

Koki: You know it will be okay, don’t you? I’m gonna be here for you.

She smiles, gently.                                                                                   

Kokoro: It more then I could ever ask for. *she tries to stop a yawn for coming out But Koki sees it*

Koki: get some sleep, you can spend the night here.

Kokoro: *whines like a little girl* But I don’t want to go to sleep yet! I want to stay up with you. *pouts*

Koki couldn’t help thinking how cute she was when she did that. It was almost as if she was asking for him to kiss her.

Koki: Stop that! You know…All I can think about is when I can kiss you again, I really can’t  not think about that when you pout like that…, so stop it. I’m trying not to ravish you as it is. *he lets out a small laugh only half kidding*

Kokoro: *pouts even more cutely* Would it be a bad thing if I said I am thinking of that too?

 Koki: *groans*  why do you insist in torturing me? And no it isn’t…but before I ravish your lips like I want…*Koki pauses and nervously scratches his head. Running both of his hands through his hair…

Kokoro:* Looks  at him in confusion, wondering why he is so nervous all of a sudden.* What is it Ko-chan?

A few stray strands of hair had fallen in front of her face and gently he tucked them behind her ears gently. He looked into her eyes and Koki felt like he was falling for her all over again. The first day that they met played through his mind. Watching her shadow the other stylists as she learned the ropes of JE; watching Jin interact with her (Koki becoming jealous because Jin got to spend so much time with her); eating lunch with her every chance he could get on the rooftop (Ren making a appearance from time to time); the first time that he cooked for her at her apartment while she had slept so haphazardly on her sofa; their first date which led him to remember their first kiss...and so on an so on. Every memory with her Koki cherished very much and wanted many more. Just her smile alone made his day brighter than before.

Kokoro: Koki…??

Koki: *Takes a deep breath* Can I ask you something?

Kokoro nods her head even more confused.

Koki: You don’t have to answer right away…but will you do me the honor of being…my girlfriend?

Kokoro just started at him frozen in place, her eyes blinking in rapid succession.

Koki: *getting nervous by her lack of response* Koko??

Then as if breaking from her trance, Kokoro let out a very loud squeal and jumped on Koki scattering the kittens to the end of the bed, wrapping her arms him, smiling widely.

Kokoro: Oh my gosh!! Am I dreaming?!Are you serious?! Wait! You wouldn’t have asked me that if you weren’t!

Then as if she just realized what a ruckus that she was making  she sat back across from him and started to fan her self with her hands.

Kokoro: Okay, I was supposed to be totally cool right then, wasn’t I? *dropping her head in her hands, she groaned in embarrassment hiding her face from Koki*

Koki looked at her with a big goofy smile on his face, and before he knew it a loud happy laugh escaped from his chest.

Koki: *managing to control his laughter somewhat* So, are you gonna answer me?

Kokoro: *raises her head and her head to the side* Hell yeah I wanna be your girlfriend!! How could you doubt otherwise? Did you not see me make a complete fool of myself like three minutes ago?

At that Koki let out a big ‘Yatta’ causing the kids to bark in excitement and Koki did his signature fist raise ( the one like he did many times in Takkyu Tanaka 3 Go) before  he tackled her onto the bed.

Kokoro squealed then looked up into Koki’s eyes as he hovered over her. Raising her hands  she threaded her fingers through his dark hair. She liked his new brown color and long locks. But then he looks yummy in all his hairstyles.

Koki: I was so nervous you would say no.

Kokoro: *gently laugh* you are SOO cute! *pauses* I feel like you’re one of the best things to happen to me in a really long time…I promise not to hurt you…, * stares deeply in to his eyes as she caressed his cheeks with her thumbs* all I ask is that you be gentle with my heart.

Koki, who was caressing her just as gently, ran his right thumb over her soft lush lips and answered,

Koki: I will never hurt you. I promise.

Kokoro: *smiles loving* Then that is all I need to hear. So can you jut kiss me already.

Koki: *smirks* impatient woman…

And as there is more lightning strikes lighting the interior of his large bedroom, the young official lovers kissed as all around them the ‘kids’ looked on…

*************

 Somewhere in Tokyo…

 Yuki walked to her apartment building hurriedly as she made her way from the densha (train) station. Despite the extreme rain she was still in a happy mode. Ready to rest her feet and relax, and may be even come up with some ideas/sketches for her to draw.

 Entering her apartment building she got on the elevator just as another man was getting on his ear to his cell phone. He was specking clear crisp English, by his coloring he didn’t appear to be of Japanese descent although she was unsure since his cap was pulled low over his face. She was only half listening as he held his side of the conversation on the phone.

 Male: Yeah…it’s over. *pauses* it’s been a long time coming. The papers became official at midnight yesterday…Yeah. Okay, well I will be there in a second. What’s the apartment number? *pauses again* Okay. Bye.

 As he had this short conversation, there was something nagging in the back of her mind that there was something very familiar about this male. At first Yuki thought that it was her mystery male that had helped her the other day, but she just as quickly disregarded that, nothing matched him.

 As she attempted to place him (he didn’t seem to notice Yuki at all) they came to her floor and he got off before she did. He quickly walked down the hallway and stopped at the apartment furthest from the elevator bank. Yuki continued to slowly walk to her door still puzzling her mind where she saw him before when the mysterious man removed his baseball cap and he saw his whole face as he turned to the door he stopped in front of.

Thankfully she stopped herself from letting out a loud gasp…

 It was Kenjiro!!! Holy Shhhhhh…..Yuki thought as she stood rooted in her place...when did the world become so small?

 TBC 

A/N: Okay that is the end of Chapter Nine. How was it? I hope it was a fun read. I tried to up my cheese factor with Kokoro and Koki. And yeah after two months of totally digging each other Koki finally popped the question, I totally felt like I was suppose to write “will you do the honor of being my WIFE (instead of girlfriend)” but I just couldn’t do it….umm, yet????

 Ah!! And have I perked everyone’s interest in the other storyline tangents? Like what is the story between Minzy and Jin? Did Jin really make it to where Minzy couldn’t say no to staying at JE? What happened when Jin was in America for his study abroad? What happened between them to send Minzy back to Korea in tears? And what was in that mystery black envelope she had given to Jin’s brother to give to Jin? And poor Yuki, wishing to meet her mystery man. Will she ever find out it was Yuichi Nakamara and will she ever get to meet him again? And as for Kokoro and Rei will their relationship ever mend? And when will Kokoro find out her younger friend Ren is her brother? And how will she react to that?! And what is this black omen of Kenijiro, if that is the case?

 And the most important question...how much is Tricia going to flip (not in a good way) that she won’t be meeting Jin?

 I have a feeling this will turn into a telenova or at the very least a Korean Drama… or is it another way around? :oP…

 Speaking of drama’s have anyone else been watchingIkemen Desu NE??? I LOVE IT!!! The JE guys from HSJ and Kiss my Foot 2 are so adorable. I think I am a fan now LOL. And I love the Korean original and this Japanese version equally. Although for some reason I think Koki would have made a good Ren, Yuichi for Shu and Junno for the Jeremy character in Ikemen… NTT all the way!!!. ^_^

More teasing. I have so many tangents in this story; So many interconnected story lines that I have running in my head. As for Junno, my thing is that Junno isn’t as he appears. Sure Junno is KY but he is KY with a purpose…people tend to be unguarded around a person who seems to be oblivious to what is really going on, or so they think and Junno is no fool as we will see. And as I tried to portray the character of Junno in this part he is really a sneaky and devious guy, but also totally sweet to the people he truly loves. He would never hurt anyone but he knows the score of things all too well.

 

All I’m saying is that happy face, don’t be fooled by it LOL

 

 A lot happens on this rainy day. And I want it all to be under chapter nine lol.  I…wrote this with these scenes in mind. It was very hard. A lot of what I write especially about the emotions come from experiences that I have went through in RL, which I hope makes the story more believable.

 

I hope I succeeded in making you feel a little of her pain. I feel like I haven’t built up this back story enough and feel it is really lacking as if I am rushing it, but if I bring it more to the front I feel like it will overtake Koki and Kokoro’s relationship story and that is the heart of the fan fiction.

 Okay, back to work… Ja ne!!!