Chapter 12

Con Todo Mi Corazon

Minzy was sitting in the back seat of Koki’s car. She had a small smile on her face as she observed the occupants in the front seats.  They were so cute together. And if her instincts weren’t off Yuichi likes her!!!  Minzy hadn’t known Yuki for very long but her sweet and gentle spirit seemed like a perfect match for Yuichi.

 

There was a comfortable silence between all of them. They had decided to drop Minzy off first, as her place was closer, then Yuichi would take Yuki  back to her place. Minzy was satisfied with the arrangement since that meant that Yuichi and Yuki would be all alone. How cute was that going to be? It was obvious that Yuichi flustered Yuki.

 

Minzy: Ano…Yuki, Lolita was telling me that you’ve been drawing again. What have you been drawing?

 

Yuichi: You’re an artist?

 

Of course Yuichi remembered what she had told him that when they had met that day. But he decided not to tell her that they had already met. He didn’t know why but his gut just told him he shouldn’t.

 

Yuiki: *smiles shyly* Yeah…I mean I’m not a Picasso or anything, I’m more like …Kou Yoneda.

 

Yuichi: *furrows his forehead* who?

 

Minzy: *laughs* she is a Mangaka…a Fujoshi Managaka, actually…

 

Yuichi: *looks over at Yuki in surprise, then quickly looks back to the road* You’re a fujoshi?

 

Yuki: *blushes* You know what that means? *surprise noted in her tone*

 

Yuichi: *smirks* I do have a few female friends and family…so there is bound to be one or two that is a fujoshi.  So are you? A fujoshi?

 

Yuki: Yes…although I’m not a fujoshi mangaka. I more shoujo…I like the   and not the   because for some reason the story lines and the art are better drawn and written; Don’t ask me why, it just is.

 

Minzy: That’s so true!! I don’t understand it either.

 

Yuichi: what about Hana Yori Dango? That was a pretty popular shoujo manga? Or  Itazura na kiss or….

 

Yuki: Okay *laughs* there are some Shoujo jewels out there but the ones that you mention are 20 plus years old…they started the current trend in shoujo…I’ve been away from the genre that I don’t really know what is out there now…

 

Yuichi: so you just read ?

 

Yuki: No…I read American graphic novels too. I really like the artwork in them…my favorite is Batgirl the remake that came out a few years ago. I want to write and draw something like that, where the lead character is a strong female, with some flaws, but she’s not like Kotoko Aihara in Itazura. Don’t get me wrong the I love the TV series with Ariel Lin its one of my favorites but all females shouldn’t be like her.

 

Minzy: Yuki did you hear? Korea is making their own version now?

 

Yuki: *turns to the back seat* Seriously? 

 

Yuichi: and the Philipines too…

 

Yuki: wow, everyone is getting into it…I don’t expect to hear of an American version. The feminists there would pitch a fit at the characterization of the female lead character. *pauses for a moment*  but that is the ultimate…to write something that is still relevant after twenty years that people love and want to see…

 

Yuichi: *glances over at her* You will…

 

Yuki smiles, appreciative of his support.  He is so lush…I can’t believe we are talking like friends. This has been the best day.

 

At that moment Minzy’s cell phone went off. Pulling it from her jacket pocket she noted the unknown phone number and answered the call.

 

Minzy: Hello?

 

When she recognized the voice on the other line she sat up taller in her seat and a smile blossomed on her face.

 

Yuichi and Yuki listened to her end of the conversation even though they didn’t understand anything that she was saying. She was speaking in Korean. Before they knew it the phone call had ended.

 

Yuki: who was that?

 

Minzy: That was my cousin David Mangjeol. He’s in Japan! He said he had a surprise for me. Instead of dropping me off at my place, get me as close to Roppongi as you can without getting into the crazy traffic.

Yuki&Yuichi: Roppongi??

Minzy: Yeah, David is co-owner to a host club there.

After  few more minutes, Yuichi pulled up on a road that was not as busy. Minzy got out the car. Closing the door she moved in front of Yuki’s window.

Yuki: *hits the switch and lets down the window* Be safe okay?  And call me when you get home.

Minzy: *smiles * okay Umma, I promise. *she leans inside the window to give Yuki a hug goodbye, and she whisper into her ear* and make sure you get Yuichi number. I think he likes you.

Of course at that only made her blush. Yuki wondered if she would ever stop blushing tonight.

Waving to Yuichi, she backed away from the car. Watching the car disappear into traffic she only moved from her spot once they were gone from view.

***

It only took Minzy about 15 minutes to get to where she needed Club Del Rio. David’s time in LA had made an impact, his Spanish fluency was still very much intact. The club was three floors of Host heaven. Or so David and his club partner Rain like to think. This was her first time at the club; she was curious to see what it was all about.

The inside of the club was vibrant and unique to what she  had ever seen a Host club to look like. The interior was dark yet bright. Music and drinks were being poured all around. Most of the clientele were women in their late twenties to their forties.

Upon entering the club, a very handsome male host came to greet her.

Host: Well, hello there. May I be of any assistance to you?

He slyly looked her up and down noting the curves of her body and the beauty of her face.

Minzy: Yes, I am here to see David Mangjeol. I’m Minzy, his cousin.

Host: Ahhhh…Follow me.

The hot young male led the way through the club until they came to an elevator. Once inside Minzy noticed that there were three floors. Noting the curious look on Minzy’s face he explained the layout out of the club.

Host: The first floor is the general club where all the patrons go. The second floor is our VIP floor, where high rollers come to be pampered by the most sought after Hosts. And the third floor is Boss’ offices and out inventory. That’s where we are going…third floor.

Minzy: Ahh…so is my stubborn, hard headed cousin is doing well I see.

Host: Yep, we have been doing real well. We’re about to hit our first year of operation and business is growing.

The elevator door dinged open and down a corridor, they went. It didn’t take long for them to stop at a door marked “office”. The young man knocked on the door and Minzy heard Rain call out to come in.

Minzy walked through the door. There at a desk sat Rain who appeared to be going over some receipts and statements. Upon entering the room he looked up to see who had come to the third floor office. As soon as he saw Minzy, his frown became a smile as his best friend’s favorite cousin walked through the door.

Rain: MINZY!!!! *gets up from the seat and grabs her in a bear hug twrirling her around—Minzy giggles, she had missed Rain*

Minzy: Okay put me down!!! I’m getting dizzy. *leans back from the hug to get a good look at Rain* Wow! What has it been? Three years since the last time I saw you? How is every one? Boa?

Boa is Rain’s baby sister.

Rain: Every one is cool *Looks back at the male host* Thanks Jiro. *Jiro smiles and leaves the two friends alone* Boa is in Canada right now for a gig. Her popularity in America is growing. She wanted to contact you about dancing for her tour but you had already been called up for JE.

Minzy: Man that would be cool. Maybe next time. *Looks around at the office and noted the general messiness of the office.* Where is David? When did he get here? I mean in Japan?

Rain: Late this afternoon. He came one to see you, of course. And second to check up on me. *Rain looks annoyed, but Minzy knew that it was fake. He loved David as if he was a blood brother*

At that moment, the door to the office opened up and in walked her cousin David and in his arms was the most adorable little boy in all of the world. He was no more than 4 years old 5 at the oldest. He appeared to be in a deep conversation with David when he looked up and saw Minzy standing in the room.

Seo Jin Gong’s eyes widened at the sight of her and a extremely happy smile lit his face.

When Minzy saw Seo Jin, her heart opened up and the familiar eyes that reminded her so much of his father  whom he was named after (Seo Jin)landed on her she couldn’t help but to smile just as big, and she couldn’t think of anything better  than to see him.

Seo Jin: UMMAA!!!

And Seo Jin climbed down from David’s hold and ran to greet his mother that he had been missing so desperately for the past few weeks.

 

a/n: Although this chapter isn't finished I decided to update since it's almost been a month...I will just split it into two parts...Thankfully this is a good place to split it.....tell me what you think!!!