Chapter 6

Con Todo Mi Corazon

The last Friday of August before Koki’s and Lolita’s date….

            “Attention, please. Attention please!!”  A strikingly beautiful woman spoke into the microphone attempting to get the crowd of casually dressed reporters  to focus their attention on the stage. Jin’s manager, Rei Kitagawa w was dressed casually but  classy in black slim feminine cut  trousers matched with a stark white button down shirt, the sleeves flaring out at her wrists. In one hand she held her water bottle and the other the wireless microphone. The crowd quieted down after a few minutes to hear what Rei-san had to say.

            This gathering of peoples was composed of not just the media, but friends and family of Jin Akanishi. Loved ones, old school mates and co-workers had all arrived at the anticipated “Welcome back” of one of their own. Toasting the success of Jin’s LA concerts

            “I just want to thank you all for coming to this exciting event to welcome one of JE’s brightest stars JIN AKANISHI! It was only ten years ago that this goofy and energetic young boy entered Johnny’s and the fans and media have watched him grow into an goofy and energetic young man” That statement garnered a chuckle from the crowd as it was implied that Jin hadn’t changed (much) over the last ten years. That could be easily disputed and it had been, debated  among Jin and Kat-tun’s fandom, Rei continued, “ Johnny and I couldn’t be more pleased  and elated with the hard work and effort that Jin and his team did to make this tour a success and it was very much so. And without further ado, please welcome back Akanishi Jin!!!”

            Out of the corner of the stage Jin emerged and moved to the center stage where a tall table with two glasses of water had been placed and two bar stoll-like chairs. As soon as Jin came into view the flashes of cameras clicking to capture the moment went off in amazing speed and number. Everyone seemed to be excited to see Jin.

            Jin looked different. It was not just the new hair style it appeared as if Jin was brighter than he had in the past year with an easy and effortless smile gracing his lips, his eyes bright and happy. This was what he had always dreamed of, returning to Japan a success. This “foolhardy” chance had paid off; he had done it, something that had been a mere dream a few years ago had become a reality. How amazing was that? The definition of a confidence boost if there ever was one.

            Taking his seat on stage, that was stage left, with Rei sitting to his right. The questions flowed from the reporters but Jin took it all in stride, he was born for this. The questions ranged from the simple to the totally personal (which Jin just side stepped every time). His eyes scanned the crowd, not expecting anything out of the ordinary until his eyes glimpsed a familiar figure in the very back of the room.

            Across the room in the very back stood a very small feminine figure, she couldn’t have been more the 5’5’’ tall. She was dressed in nondescript clothes that were baggy and loose her hair is in a simple and plain style that did nothing for the shape of her face or her features (which were partially masked by glasses).  She had been the last to arrive at the conference, but managed to find a spot that allowed her to see the stage with a clear view. And apparently Jin had a clear view of her because he had spotted her and his eyes informed her that no matter how much she tried to camaflogue  herself he could always pick her out in a crowd no matter how large.

            “She’s here!! I cannot believe it?” Jin thought as he answered the next question that was put to him. “Knowing Minzy, she is going to sneak out of here when everything ends. What the hell can I do? I need to see her, talk to her.”

            Off to the left of Minzy,  Reio Akanishi stood. He had notice the subtle change in his elder brother and quickly discerned that his eyes would always land in the same area of the conference room, following his brother’s line of vision he smirked when he saw who his brother’s eyes kept landing on.  The fact that Reio recognized her even though he had never meet her (he had only seen her in a picture that was framed on his brother’s bedside table) was enough to prove that her attempt at not being recognize was a failure.

Reio: You know, to certain people you still stand out.

Minzy turned at the sound of Reio’s voice near her ear. She had been so focused on Jin, she hadn’t detected someone had come to stand beside her. She knew immediately who he was, after all Reio was in the business too, but how did he know who she was?

Minzy: Excuse me? Do I know you?

Reio: No, but I know you. Or at least I know of you through my idiot brother Jin.

That surprised Minzy. Had Jin talked about her to his family? It looked that way, at least to his brother. That made Minzy wonder what Jin had told him. She focused on the stage as the media peppered Jin with questions. She hadn’t planned to stay long, originally she had not wanted to come at all but she really wanted to see Jin, even though she knew it would never come of anything. Their time was over even though it had barely started. And Minzy was still attempting to deal with that.

Reio: Why do you keep sighing?

Minzy is startled out of her thoughts looks to Reio. She hadn’t realized that she had been sighing but didn’t doubt it. She had been sighing a lot lately. Opening the large hobo satchel bag she pulled a sleek shiny black envelope out of it and handed it to Reio.

Minzy: I really can’t stay. *she passes the envelope to Reio who accepts it, and looking at the stage as the interviews were winding down and soaked in the presence of Jin then looked back to Reio* Please make sure that he gets that.

And before Reio could say anything she walked away and out of the auditorium, leaving Reio confused, bewildered and with a lot of questions for his older brother.

****

Yuki: He slept over?! I mean how…what…I mean…

Lolita: Okay, first of all calm down! *laughs* We didn’t do anything…,yet. *laughs again* no he just came over and “hung out” although I told him that it seemed more like a date. I had him laughing when I told him what the definition of a date was…

Yuki: Did you do one of your “explanations”?

Lolita: Of Course!! I wouldn’t have been me if I didn’t let him in on that weird quirk about myself.

Lolita was in the back dressing room of the auditorium of the Complex. Sitting in front of the lighted mirrors in one of the hydrologic chairs, she slowly twirled herself around.  Today was Jin’s first official press conference. She had been watching it from back stage when Yuki called.  They were trying to decide when their next girls night out would be, when Yuki had asked when she and Koki would be going on their date, which lead to Lolita telling about when  Koki had came over a few nights ago.

Koki and Lolita had fallen asleep watching a movie. Lolita had woken up later long after the movie had finished watching them, the television screen had turned blue, the glow dimly lightly the small room. During the course of the movie Lolita had managed to layout on the floor, and woke up to discover that the pillow that she so comfortably fell asleep on was Koki. She glanced at her watch on her wrist and saw that it now 3am in the morning.

Not really wanting to move she rested her head back onto his chest enjoying the contour of the smooth strong muscles she felt under his t-shirt, her ear resting over his  beating heart, the subtle sound of it lulling her back into dreamland.

Yuki: Yah! Lolita?? Are you listening to me??

Lolita: Sorry, My mind was else where. What were you say?

Yuki: I bet. Why do you have all the luck? A gorgeous, y, sweet, smart guy is interested in you and I am all alone. I’m depressed.

Lolita: Don’t be. This…what ever it is…probably won’t last long. But I plan to enjoy it until the end.

Yuki: You know, you need to stop thinking like that. Anyway what I was saying was I hope that I have a great day at Todai today. I am seriously nervous. I mean…I am a graduate student…and this is Todai…at the graduate level.

Lolita: Cake! You can handle this, just stay calm and do your best. That is all you can ask of your self and they of you. *at that moment Lola hears the chattering noise of Jin and his handlers coming down the hall. The conference was over* Yuki,  I gotta go. Lets meet later at Tricia’s apartment.

Yuki: are you sure we can crash on her?

Lolita: Yeah, we can unglue her from her computer. Okay, talk later.

At that exact moment Rei and Jin entered the dressing room.

Rei: Jin!! I think we can count this as a success. You had them eating out of the palm of your hand.

Jin: I usually do * with a smirk*

Rei:  Admit it. You were a little nervous

Jin: Actually I was. The reception of the crowd is important. I’m just glad it went really good. By the way is my brother still here? I need to see him.

Rei: Sure, I’ll send one of guys to send him back. *she turns to Lolita* Can I talk to you? *Lolita nods as she grabs her purse and cell phone and walked past her out the room* Jin, you know the routine, Take your time, change, wash the makeup off and stay out of trouble. I’ll see you tomorrow. We start rolling hard tomorrow. *she squeezing his shoulder* Laters.

Jin: Bye.

And then Jin was alone. The other JE staffers were speaking with Rei down the hall. Sitting in the chair he looked at himself in the mirror. This day had been perfect. And it would have been more perfect if Kat-tun was there, but he could wish. Although this was path that he wanted to take, had been his goal to take. He did want to share it with his friends, even with the one that hated him now.

Pulling his cell phone from his jacket pocket he selected his contact list, scrolling through the many names he contemplated who he wanted to call. Crystal Kay, BoA,  Shiruto Yu, Kame, Yuichi, Ryo, Yamapi, then Koki’s name rolled onto the screen. Jin stopped and looked at his former friend’s phone number.

I probably should delete the number. Its not like we will ever talk to each other.  The situation with Koki is insane. But I miss him…. When did all my personal relationships turn to without me even trying?

The door opened and Reio stuck his head inside the door.

Reio: BIG BRO!!! The press conference went really well.

Jin got straight to the point.

Jin: What was it that Minzy gave you?

Reio:  You saw that, eh? Shouldn’t you’ve been paying attention to the questions that was asked of you?

Jin: I’ve been trained to multitask. So what was it?

Reio pulls out the black shiny envelope and handed it to Jin, who suddenly began to feel a little uneasy at the sight of it. He took the envelope from his brother’s hands and held it staring at it, but not opening the sealed envelope. His heart sensing it was something that he didn’t want to read.

Reio stared at his brother; he had never seen his brother this way. He was quiet and reserved, almost pensive and that was unlike Jin. At least the recent Jin, it was almost as if the sullen and quiet Jin of the past year was coming back and Reio didn’t know how to  take that.

Reio: Jin *hesitantly calls out* Who is Minzy to you?

Jin: *pulling him mind from the far place that he had taken it looked at his brother, then slumped down further into his chair and looked at himself in the lighted mirror. Twirling the envelope between his fingers he thought for a moment* Reio, I…don’t know. Someone important that's all I know. *Looks back at his brother* Once I figure it out I will let you know. Are we still on for the rest of the day?

Reio: *nods his head yes* But don’t you want to read the note.

Jin: Later, now is time for celebrating because tomorrow I will be buried in work *smiles* let me change then we roll.

Reio smiled back at his big brother and wondered...but only knew he had to wait until Jin decided to reveal the situation when he was ready.

***

 Yuki was very nervous. Was she doing the right thing? Was she able to do this? What if she still doesn’t make it as a mangaka? What if she never finds her path in her life? What if? What if? What if? That was all that was playing in her mind and it was driving her crazy. She had called Lolita and talking with her was fun, but it left her with a feeling of not so much jealously but with a feeling of longing.

She longed for some of the things that Lola had. She was working in a field that suited her dreams and ambitions. But here she, Yuki, was in Tokyo as a book store clerk selling books, but not in the way she really wanted.  

She was sitting at the bus stop waiting to take the bus to Todai. Todai…the scariest university in Tokyo. And the expectations of a student at Todai, was something Yuki doubted she could handle. It was the last week in August, so it was registration time for new graduate students. As she waited for the bus to arrive she pulled out her LG phone and dialed a very familiar phone number.

Woman: Moshi Moshi?

Yuki: Oka-san.

Hanawa-san: Baby! I was just thinking about you? It’s your first day of school, ne?

Yuki: Hai…Oka-san…, I wonder…

Hanawa: Its okay, sweetheart. You can do it. Todai is not as scary as everyone makes it out to be. Besides didn’t you graduate Magna Laude at COLUMBIA University, one of America’s top Universities?

Yuki: Yeah, but you went to Cambridge mom, of course you wouldn’t be scared of Todai!!

Hanawa-san: Ne, and neither should you. Are you not my daughter and doesn’t my blood runs through you?

Yuki: Hai…And I am the daughter of a man and woman who came from great families that has never failed because we have never given up. We have went after what and whom we dream of.

Hanawa-san: Hai…and I know Yuki-chan what your heart wants…Its what I wanted at your age. It’s coming.

Yuki: *sighs* what if it doesn’t ever come Oka-san? What then?

Hanawa-san:  The world doesn’t end.

At that moment the bus could be seen lumbering down the busy Tokyo street, heading her way. As she watched the bus come closer she pondered what her mother had told her. And it did encourage her. She did come from a strong stock of people on both her mother and father’s side. And she knew that failure was just another word for quitting; something that she promised herself that she would never do.

So what the hell was she going to do? She was going to push through. No matter how much she wanted to cry, or moan. Because this was what she wanted? Fear of failure was no longer an option.

Yuki: I know and I understand. Arigato for talking me down from the ledge.

Hanawa-san: That is what I am here for love. Don’t stay stuck in Tokyo, come back home to Sendai whenever you can, your brother and father already misses you a lot.

Yuki: I know mama. I promise. The bus is here. Tell Naoki and Papa I love them.

Hanawa-san: I will. Be safe. Bye

Yuki: Bye Oka-san.

The bus pulled up to the curb.

Getting on the bus Yuki, sat in a seat in the middle and continued to talk herself up in her mind and before she knew it the campus of Todai came into view.

***

 Yuichi slowly opened his eyes the sun felt really good on his skin. The flowers dance in the cool summer breeze that flowed through the air. Birds chirped, the leaves on the trees danced with the flowers. There was a sense of piece about the open field. This was a place that was untouched by the city.  And Yuichi loved it, it felt like this was where he belonged.

As he concentrated on the sights and sounds around him as the clouds drifted lazily in the sky his ears caught the sounds of a child playing, then the sound of another; one was a girl’s and another was a boy’s. Sitting up he looked around him and saw off into the distance a boy of about 5 and a girl about 3.

He heard the giggles of their play, bring a smile to his lips. He stood up and walked closer to them. They seemed to be playing a game of cat and mouse or was it ‘tag? Whatever it was they were having fun as evident by the sound of the little girl’s giggles and that laughter of the boy.

When Yuichi got close enough to see the faces of the children they stopped and the sun seemed to be brighter as it blocked the view of their faces, then as if by miracle the blinding light of the sun dimmed allowing Yuichi to see them clearly, although the wind pushed the hair of the little girl into her face so her face was still a mystery but the boy it was not so.

The face of the boy was an image of Yuichi when he was that age. It startled Yuichi but then it didn’t. If anything it made his smile brighter…and the boy smiled back at him his heart connecting to them…,

The sound of a cell phone ringing pulled Yuichi from his waking dream. The images of last night dream had replayed itself again even as Yuichi Nakamura sat in heaven. And the name of  this heaven was Tokyo University, Todai. This was where he wanted to be, where he didn’t have to be an Idol, where he was expected to work his brain on more than entertaining others but using the talents that God had given him. And here was a place that he could do that.

The campus was beautiful. This was the first time that he was on campus. All of his classes were on line which were perfect for his work life and allowed him to work on his goal of being a more rounded adult. Yet, it wasn’t experiencing the college experience. Tomahisa got to experience it, interacting with his classmates and making acquaintances and friends; experiencing some normalcy something that he hadn’t experienced since he was, what fifteen? And that was one of his reasons for being on campus that day, to feel more like a student. His semester began today and thankfully the international tour was complete and things were somewhat slowing down although there was plenty to plan for since there was the five year anniversary of the group’s debut was approaching.

Wow has it been five years already? Then that means it’s been 10 years since the group was formed. And time was flying. He was27 and professional and academically he was where he wanted to be, but romantically he was a failure. He was quite serious when he had told Koki that he was taking a break from dating. He was no good at it. Or maybe he hadn’t found the right girl. But how did one go about finding the right one? After all there were 6 billion people in the world and a person was expected to find THE ONE? That just didn’t seem possible, or fair for that matter. How does a person find the person and was their even such a person? Again, it hardly seemed possible. Reality was clearly pointing to finding the right person for right now and when you tired of them you moved on, but there had to be more, or was he fooling his self? Yuichi figured he was just fooling his self. Maybe that was why he was having these weird dreams.

The same dream almost every night since he had broken up with Ai, so almost a month; except this time he saw one of the children’s face. Was it his son? That seemed the most logical since he looked like him at five or it could have been him when he was five with one of his sisters? It was confusing and he couldn’t figure it out and that annoyed the hell out of him.

The campus was full of people who were relaxing, moving from one location on campus to another and was full of energy and life. And he enjoyed (incognito of course) watching the students make their way around the campus. It was cool to just sit back and watch people. Yuichi more than anything was a people watcher. He especially likes watching the couples. But even in his good mood he just couldn’t today. It reminded him to much of what he didn’t have and what he really wanted deep down inside his heart.

After a while Yuichi decided he need to go, so getting up from the bench he began to make his way to the parking lot, towards the front of campus. And at the same time making her way to the front of campus was Yuki.  She was walking at such a brisk pace while digging in her book bag that she wasn’t watching where she was really going and ran smack into Yuichi knocking them both onto the ground. The other students that were around them were also in a hurry and so didn’t bother to help Yuichi and the girl who were now sprawled on the concrete.

Yuki: DAMN!!! I am so sorry. I should have watched where I was going. I’m late getting back to work. Or you okay?

Yuichi’s whose hat had come off his head quickly crammed it back onto his head and turned toward the girl who had barreled him down and stopped. At that moment she was pushing her hair out of her face and there he was looking into the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. They were an amazing blue that looked like the waters of the Caribbean, amazingly crystal clear blue.

Yuichi: I-Its okay, Are you o-okay? I didn’t hurt you did I?

Yuki: shouldn’t I ask you that question? Oh man, where are my glasses? *She began to feel around for her glasses after all she was nearly blind without them*

Yuichi realizing the situation that she couldn’t see without them began to also look for them and found them two feet from them, broken. They were unusable.

Yuichi: *picks up the glasses which had broken into several pieces* I found them but I don’t think that you can use them * he grabs her hands and places into her hands for her to feel. She squints at what is in her hands*

Yuki: Man, I totally can’t see without them. Literally, the whole world is just a blob.

Yuichi: Do you have a back up pair of glasses with you?

Yuki: *shakes her heads no* I was planning get some made but I never had the money to get them. But now I have no choice but to get a new pair.

Yuichi helps her and himself off.

Yuichi:  I know the best eye place, and it happens not to be that far. Let me take you, my car is nearby.

Yuki: O-okay. Lead the way

She holds out her arm and Yuichi extremely glad that she can’t see him right now blushes as he takes her arms and wraps it around his as he leads her at a slow pace to his car. As they walk Yuichi takes this opportunity to observe her. She was really pretty. More than average pretty, her hair hung around her back her skin looked smooth and soft to the touch and Yuichi wondered if it really was.

They made it to the car without incident and gallantly Yuichi helped her into the passenger seat of the car.

Once on the road Yuichi decided to end the silence that lay between them.

Yuichi: So are you new to Todai?

Yuki: Yes…I just started to day. I am in the graduate environmental studies program.

Yuichi: *Looked over at her impressed* Wow, that sounds really cool. I’m an undergraduate in the same program. What made you choose that field?

Yuki: It was the most interesting major I could find beside what I really wanted to do.

Yuichi: what do you mean? What do want to do?

Yuki: Managaka…An artist…and usually you starve in that field.

Yuichi: Ahh…I understand.

Yuki: Can’t really feed yourself with that degree…at least not at first. What about you? Why did you pick it?

Yuchi: *Stops at a right light and contemplates why he chose his major* To be honest I really don’t know. I –I think I am like you somewhat.  I mean my day job pays the bills and everything, but I just sorta fell into it, ya know? and now I can’t see not being in it but getting this degree opens up things for me. *pulls up to the eye clinic* we’re here.

Yuichi parks the car and walks around the hood of the car but Yuki was already getting out of the car.

Yuki: Sorry…I wasn’t expecting you to do that…most men ignore me.

And if that was true, Yuichi thought, he had no idea why. She was beautiful. And he was mesmerized by her eyes. He had never before seen an Asian woman with blue eyes. Obviously they weren’t contacts so they must be her natural color. She must be mixed.

Gently taking her left arm he walked her into the clinic which was not as busy as it normally was. Guiding her to the counter he rang the bell at the counter to announce his arrival. Yuichi watched her as he waited for someone to come and assist them. He liked watching her. She looked cute as she squinted her eyes as she tried to see what was around her. Her bangs continuing to fall in her face no matter how many times she pushed them from her eyes.

He noticed from watching her push her bangs away from her eyes that fingers nail where badly chewed. She was a nail biter and that made him smile.  She had a nervous habit. At that moment the desk clerk came to the counter from the back room smiling apologetically for the short wait.

Nurse: Gomenasai…I didn’t mean to make you wait. Are you here for an appointment?

Yuichi: Lie, we have an emergency * Grabs Yuki’s hand that holds the pieces of her glasses* As you can see we had an accident this afternoon. We need to get her some new glasses.

Yuki: Hai, onegamasu *bowing slightly*

Nurse: Well you are in luck. It has been a slow afternoon. *she walks around the counter and takes Yuki’s right arm* lets get to the exam room for sensei to see you , your boyfriend can wait here for you.

And before Yuichi could say anything she had led Yuki from the room. Shortly, she came back and Yuichi was standing where she had left him.

Nurse: Don’t worry, we will take care of her *Leaning forward to whisper to him* you and her look really cute together.

Yuichi blushed at that comment and decided to clear up the misunderstanding.

Yuichi: She isn’t…I mean I just met her today…she isn’t my girlfriend. We just had a run into each other on campus and she...broke her glasses.

Nurse: Hmm. Well I still think you two look cute together.  Are you going to wait for her?

Yuichi: Hai…

Nurse: Well have a seat.

Yuichi went to take a seat but then saw the display in the other room of all the frames that were available. Yuichi was amazed at all the different styles and shapes. As he was looking at the frames a idea entered into his mind. Looking carefully at the frames he chose three pairs.

Taking them to the counter that he had been at earlier he talked to the nurse there.

Yuichi: Excuse me?

Nurse:  yes?

At that moment his cell phone rang with the distinctive ring tone he had assigned especially for Koki.

Yuichi: Sorry…can I take this?

Nurse: sure.

Koki: Where the hell are you? Aren’t you coming? I need to relax and I can’t because tomorrow is the big day!!! Hurry up!!! Besides didn’t Kei-San tell you we had a meeting today in like 30 minutes???

Yuichi: WOAH, woah…breathe please. And what are you talking about a meeting??

Koki: the meeting for the new singles concepts…you totally forgot didn’t you???

Yuichi: No….

Koki: sure, just get here! I finally think I know what to do for tomorrow. *Koki ends  the call*

Yuichi sighs as he flips the phone closed returning his attention to the woman at the counter.

Yuichi: I was looking at the glasses and I was thinking that Yuki-san should try these out. I think they would look better on her face then the pair she had before. But I can’t stay I need to get back to work. *And as Yuichi recalled their conversation before he said* and charge the amount to this card. And make sure she gets a back up pair

Yuichi smiles then glances at his watch realizing that if he left right now that he would make it to the meeting, cutting it close.

Yuichi: Could you tell her that I am sorry that I couldn’t wait? *the nurse nodded with a smile* Thanks.

And on his way Yuichi went never thinking that he would see Yuki again.

***

Rei and Lolita had decided to have their meeting over lunch since neither of them had eaten that afternoon. So now Rei Kitagawa sat in front of her daughter at the restaurant that they had chosen to eat lunch at. The press conference for Jin was over and for a moment she could breathe, especially since the press conference went so well.

Yet, she was very nervous. It had been two months since her daughter had arrived in Japan. And it was time. It was time to tell her who she was. Rei felt a jumble of emotions inside, fear, excitement, worry, love.

But the most important thing was that she make the first move, a move that had taken 24 years in the making.

Rei: How does the food taste?

Lolita: *looks up from her plate* this is really good. And this place is pretty advent garde.

They were in a private room that offered a spectacular view of Tokyo. The colors used to decorate the private dining room were non-conventional yet appealing. And the food was excellent. She could easily see herself coming back, if it wasn’t so expensive.

Rei: I am glad…I want you to like it. This is one of my favorite restaurants. *Rei paused for a moment, she was getting real nervous, expressing this by fidgeting with her cutlery* we haven’t really seemed to bond or really get to know too much about each other and I was hoping that we could start. * She smiled gently at Lolita*

Lolita looked at Rei across the table slowing pulling the fork out of . A sense of warning entered her mind.

Lolita: I don’t think a sense of familiarity was necessary for us, Kitagawa-san.

Rei: I know it’s not…, but I would like us to be close…and you can call me Rei.

Lolita: *setting her utensils down onto her plate she placed her hands in her lap* I would rather not Kitagawa-san *she made sure to put the emphasis on Rei’s last name* Why are you suggesting this all of a sudden? *She looked at Rei curiously*

Rei: *also putting her utensils down on her plate she took a deep breath* Yes, I do have a reason for it….Kokoro-chan…

Lolita: *her eyes widen at Rei saying her real name* what did you just call me?

Rei: Kokoro…that’s your real name isn't it? A mother never forget her child’s name.

Lolita’s eyes widen and she didn’t know what to feel at this bold announcement. Running her hands over her hair as she stared down into her lap she willed her heart not to race or her breathing to become shallow and to begin hyperventilating. Why is she doing this to me? More than anything right now Lolita is not wanting to engage in this conversation.

Lolita: *calming herself down as much as she could she raised her head and looked coolly into the eyes of the woman she knew had given birth to her* I don’t have a mother.

Rei: *Her heart clenched at the cold finality of that statement coming from Lolita’s mouth* That’s not true! I-I…

Lolita: What the hell is it that you want?

Rei: I want to be close to you… to have a relationship with you…

Lolita: Why?  Why now? How did you know who I was?

So many things where running through her mind that it quickly became a jumble and she didn’t know what to do.

Rei: Kokoro…

Lolita:*quickly stands at the sound of her name* Don’t ing call me that!! You have no right to call me that. Where do you come off saying that you want to be close to me and have a relationship with me?!! It’s too late for that. What? The guilt of abandoning us is eating away at you??

Rei: YES!! It is. I-I want to correct the mistake that I made so many years ago. That’s why I brought you here.

Lolita: To this restaurant?

Rei: No…to Japan.

At that announcement Lolita went stock-still.

Lolita: What did you…? No, my agent secured this job for me…

Rei: at my and my father’s request.

Lolita: What are you saying?  That my being at JE isn’t a coincidence? That it was planned for me to come here…that you brought me here?

Rei nods her head yes, confirming her statements.

Lolita:*laughs bitterly* I should have known, the work passport being miraculously ready, the insistence of my agent Richard that I take this job. *shakes her head* It’s too late. There is no way in hell…I can’t do this right now…I am leaving.

Rei: *in a panic* Wait where are you going?! We really need to talk *Lolita grabs her bag and begins to walk to the door Rei quickly follows behind her grabbing one of  Lolita’s arm to stop her*

Lolita: *looks down at the hand that has grabbed onto her and violently shakes it off* Why should I ing care? You mean nothing to me.

And at that she opened the door and walked out the door leaving Rei to stand there in defeat.

***

Yuki is the first to arrive at Tricia’s place, a small house nestled just outside of Tokyo. It was a cute place with a flower garden surrounded by a brick fence with an iron gate.  It is now early evening around 6pm. There was a light on in Tricia’s house hinting that she had already made it home, but Yuki didn’t see a sign of Lolita’s bike in the driveway. Just as she pulling out her cell phone to call her the sound of a motorbike could be heard coming up the lane. Turning towards the sound she saw Lolita stop next to her on the street.

Lolita is dressed in figure hugging jeans with a purple tank that could be seen through her open jacket. She had clear protective glasses that darkened to shades when the hard sun hit them. Her hair was loose down her back. Once she stopped next to Yuki she pushed her glasses up on her head effectively using it as a headband to keep her hair out of her eyes.

Lolita: Hey, are you just getting here?

Yuki: yeah, I was wondering if I had beaten you here, apparently so.

Lolita: I almost got lost *she laughs, then both of them look towards the front door of the house to see Tricia now standing at the front door.* Tricia, I’m surprised…you detached from your computer and your gaming console? Then what the hell you are we here for?

Tricia: ha ha…don’t just stand there…come on inside I need to show you something. Park your bike in the driveway. Hurry, hurry!! *laughing in excited glee*

Yuki and Tricia shared a look and a smile. They knew that look and what that excited tone meant. Trica has completed a big project and she is quite satisfied with the outcome. After parking her bike in the driveway, both Lola and Yuki made their way to the front door.

Lolita: Glad to see her in a good mood…for a while there she was super grouchy * As they were taking their shoes off in the front foyer* There is something different about you, but I cannot figure it out…

Tricia: *popping up at the edge of the foyer with a big huge bag of popcorn in her hands* She has new glasses. By the way they look great on you! When did you get them?

Yuki: Today actually. I had an accident…

Tricia & Lola: Accident??

Yuki: Yeah…I ran down a guy on campus today and in the process I broke my glasses. He was really sweet. I never meet him before but his voice sounded…. really familiar….anyway he took me to this eye clinic and I got fitted for new glasses, he even paid for them, even though it was my fault that I broke them *laughs* I never had a guy be so nice like that to me before.

The girls shoved their shoes the cubby holes that Trica had designated for her guest’s shoes.

Trica: Wow !! There are actually still gentlemen that roam this earth. Hmm…how come I am the only one out of the three of us that hasn’t met a guy?

Yuki: I wouldn’t say that…I still haven’t….

Lolita: What about this guy  that you ran into? Could there be a possibility of something?

Yuki: *walking into the common room what had the television/entertainment center flopping down on the sofa* That’s the thing when I came out to pick out new frames the nurse told me that he had left already, something about getting called back to work, so I never got to actually see what he looked like or to thank him. I don’t even know his name although he seemed to have picked up mine when I was talking to the nurse before they took me to the back.  He had picked out a few frames for me to try and had already paid for them.

Tricia: So basically you could pass him on the street and wouldn’t even know it.

Yuki: yep *sighs* just my luck. The first guy I’ve met in a while that was a total gentlemen and I will never see him again. Anyway what happened with you guys today?

Tricia: As you know I am super excited and that is because the beta game is ready and I have a favor to ask of Lola-chan!!!

Lolita: *groans*should I be weary of this favor?

Tricia: Nope…*walking over to her kitchen table she grabbed a CD case that was wrapped in blue paper* THIS is the beta form of the new game that my team and I are working on. All I want you to do is to give this to Akanishi Jin to test. I would be so honored if he tested it. I heard he likes video games.

Lolita: no more than the next guy, I guess. *takes the CD case from her friend.

Tricia: I predict that he will like this one because…,well I’m just brilliant.

Yuki: she is so modest isn’t she?

Lolita: Way. *inspects the case as if she can see through the dark paper* Okay. Okay. I’ll make sure Jin gets this.

Tricia squeals. What she didn’t tell them was that she has placed a small note in the CD Case asking that Akanishi-san personally come to her office and talk to her about the game; Sort of a verbal evaluation of the game. A sneaky way to meet Jin, of course, but a girl’s got to do what a girl got to do.

The girls get settled more comfortably in the living room where Tricia has set up the movies and popcorn and gummy worms that the girls loved to eat.

Yuki: So did she tell you? *already munching on the popcorn*

Tricia: Tell me what?

Yuki: That she and Koki did it….

Lolita spits out her coke that she was drinking when Yuki said that.

Lolita: Yuki!!!! Why did you say that??We did NOT sleep together!!

Yuki: Oh really? Then what did you do then?

Lolita: We fell asleep watching a movie!

Yuki: So you did SLEEP together, that’s what I said. What did you think I meant *smirks as she looks at Lola*

Lolita: You’re evil…just evil.

Tricia: *laughs hard* We know we just wanted to see your facial expression *laughs at Lolita even though she is glaring at them*

Lolita: That is not funny. At all.

Trica and Yuki noticed that even though Lolita was chipper she was off somewhat. They shared a look before they each came and sat next to Lola, Yuki on her right and Tricia on her left.

Yuki: hey…, what’s going on?

Lolita: *staring far off into nothing for a few seconds then coming back to herself* I had a altercation, somewhat, with Rei today. She told me that she knew who I was…I sort of had the feeling that I knew that she knew who I was, but…

Tricia: You weren’t ready for it *Lolita nods her head* How did you take it?

Lolita: oh about as well as could be expected. I curse her out and told her I couldn’t deal with it. She told me that she and Johnny-san have riged this whole situation for me to be here, which I sort of sensed,  but it’s too little to late…where was she when I was 5 , 10, or even 16? It’s too damn late for her to act like she cares about me now.

Yuki: *whispers*Maybe she always cared, Lola-chan.

Lolita: I have a hard time believing that. I don’t know what I should do. At least I don’t have to go back to the Complex until next week, which will give me time to calm down. I am just so pissed off right now. * her eyes begin to fill with tears* Deseo mi padre aqui tan mal *a tear falls from her eyes thinking about her dad, she really really wished that she could talk to him right now, he would be able to talk her through all this*…Okay enough with that lets not talk about that any more *shakes her head as if to get rid of her melancholy mood* let’s just hang out!!

Tricia: Lolita…

Lolita: I said I don’t want to talk about it *looks at her girls* por favor?

And against Yuki and Tricia’s better judgment they let the topic drop for now. After a while the girls got into the spirit of hanging out, just like in their college days and before they all knew it was past eleven o’clock.  Lolita rode Yuki to her tiny cramped apartment and it was just touching midnight when Lolita herself stepped into her own place. It had totally been a day and she was very glad that it was official over.

Being that the day was over that only brought one thing to mind…her and Koki’s date tomorrow. And she couldn’t help but smile at that.

As if they were connected by some cosmic powers that allowed them to communicate with each other cosmically the phone rung. It was Koki.

Koki: Hey. How was your night?

Lolita: Fine. Me and my girls hung out tonight watching a movie and eating out of Chinese take out boxes. You know the usual.

Koki: Are you sure that it wasn’t a date?

Lolita: HA HA HA. So funny.

Koki: Speaking of that. Are you ready to experience the best date that you ever had in your entire life. Well at least up until this point, because dating me is always an excellent experience.

Lolita: I bet…so where are you taking me? Can I ask?

Koki: nope it’s a surprise… but I will tell you that you need to be ready to go by 7am. I am picking you up…and wear comfortable shoes…

Lolita: what? I can’t wear any heels?

Koki: as much as I love to see you in heels…no…I wouldn’t advise it.

Lolita: *sighs* Oh. Okay *Lolita LOVES her heels*

Koki: so get some sleep, ne. I will see you in the morning.

Lolita: Buenas noches, Koki.

Koki: Goodnight, love

And as always after talking to each other they both went to sleep with smiles on their faces…anticipating tomorrow.

TBC….

 

A/N….Can you just kill me?? Huh huh?!?! I swear the 1st date is coming. This part was rather hard to write for some reason…But the date is coming next and Koki had to run his big mouth and declare “Are you ready to experience the best date that you ever had in your entire life. Well at least up until this point, because dating me is always an excellent experience.” I swear that man is going to kill me LOL :P

I also decided to post this two days early because I really looked at my schedule and It would have been super hard for me to have posted this so I decided to go ahead and do it today so as not to be late. Better to be early than late right? I hope you enjoyed this chapter...and I promise the 1st date is coming

So I have my work cut out for me. *Besos :*